Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2016 Schedule - Opponents and Venues

As things stand right now Garoppolo would be QB. Brady has a 4 game suspension.

fistpump.jpg~c200

They were 8-8 with a broken Luck including beating us.Healthy Luck is good for 2 games and the Texans sitting on their couches (where they should have been) last year for the playoffs.

Let's face it, we had half a season of excellent D last year and otherwise sucked.

SUPPOSEDLY we're actually going to have an offense this year. An improved offense plus a half season of excellent D should give then give the Texans a few more games as well.

SUPPOSEDLY we're actually going to have an offense this year. An improved offense plus a half season of excellent D should give then give the Texans a few more games as well.

Supposedly we'll have a QB. Color me skeptical on the dum-dum-da-dummmmm "system" at this point

While optimistic I am going to keep my hopes low in an effort to be pleasantly surprised. The opposite sucks.

All we should expect from Osweiler is stability & football protection. According to McNair that is what they identified as the major issues from that position.

Other than that, it'll take Osweiler a few years to learn "the system."

I say a few years because it'll take O'b & Godsey a couple of years to make it up.

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/16037/2016-houston-texans-game-by-game-predictions

This is interesting. ESPN has the Texans at 9-7 (with the Colts winning the AFCS at 10-6); HOWEVER, they apparently don't math very well. They count the Week 15 game against JAX as a LOSS, but write this in the commentary:

"Watt has dominated the Jaguars in his career. He’ll enter next season with 14.5 sacks in just 10 games against Jacksonville. The Texans rebound from their loss against the Colts the previous week. "

If they actually gave a win for a week when they said the Texans will win, that puts the ESPN prediction at 10-6 and 5-1 in the division. Which is their same prediction for Indy with their only loss coming against each other. They also have both teams at 3-3 against the rest of the AFC. Against common opponents, they have the exact same W-L prediction except against Denver, where the Texans win and Colts lose.

This is a combination of lazy reporting (essentially doing a Copy/Paste of W's and L's for both teams against like opponents) and bad math. ESPN technically just predicted the Texans winning the division this year.

Really? The appeals court has ruled on that? Or is it just wishful thinking on your part?

No they haven't. Frankly I was repeating what was in an article I read yesterday. But it was reported the March appellate hearing went horribly for Brady with 2 of the 3 justices appearing set to rule against him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/16037/2016-houston-texans-game-by-game-predictions

This is interesting. ESPN has the Texans at 9-7 (with the Colts winning the AFCS at 10-6); HOWEVER, they apparently don't math very well. They count the Week 15 game against JAX as a LOSS, but write this in the commentary:

Looks like they're just sharing NFLNetwork's stuff.

It's also odd, they have us beating the Broncos, but they have the Broncos going 11-5, beating us, sweeping the Chiefs, sweeping the NFCSouth, & beating New England in December... & this is admitting they don't know who their QB will be.

So it's all based on the strength of their defense. Our defense wasn't that far behind. But they have us going 9-7 against a similar schedule since the AFCSouth plays the AFCWest

Last edited:
I'm still pissed that we get the Colts and Titans on the road at the end of the year. It's been that way a few years now. How about switching that up a bit!?? Give us the Colts at home at the end of the year...

Isn't that great? It's almost like...... Anything can Happen!

Football needs to come back right now.

Yeah, it is great. :texflag:

But, what is even greater is having a team that you can truly EXPECT to win all of those games. We have not seen that kind of team in this city for many, many years. Hopefully that changes in 2016.

Reactions: JB
Yeah, it is great. :texflag:

But, what is even greater is having a team that you can truly EXPECT to win all of those games. We have not seen that kind of team in this city for many, many years. Hopefully that changes in 2016.

Do you watch much college football? Do you prefer the college game to the pro game?

I have the Texans going 13-3 in 2016.
7-1 at home and 6-2 on road. You feel me?

The Houston Texans will become Super Bowl 51 champions!

I gave you a "like" just because of your unbridled enthusiasm. Would be fantastic if your predictions turn out to be correct.

Y'all were so close while the Steelers and Cowboys were playing big boy ball.

I've always thought we had a chance to win the SB in 1993 when the Bills beat the Oilers in the biggest comeback game. If Pardee and McBride had just called a couple of possession plays when up 35-3 instead of run and shoot plays every time, a win would have been a cakewalk. Of course, they would probably have choked in a deeper game anyway for the same reason plus their defense.

I've always thought we had a chance to win the SB in 1993 when the Bills beat the Oilers in the biggest comeback game. If Pardee and McBride had just called a couple of possession plays when up 35-3 instead of run and shoot plays every time, a win would have been a cakewalk. Of course, they would probably have choked in a deeper game anyway for the same reason plus their defense.

I agree I think the 92 team had a much better shot than 93 even though 93 had a better regular season record. The O-Line was not the same in 93 because by that point Munchak's knees were shot and we were starting rookie Brad Hopkins at LT. Hopkins became a good player down the line but in those days a rookie having to block Derrick Thomas and Bruce Smith was a recipe to get your QB killed.

My computer has been in the shop. Has anything been said about the Rams trading for the #1 spot? So much for chances to get Goff or Wentz.

I'm in NYC, so of course, the Texans get 5 freaking prime time games in 2016. Sheesh!! I hate the eastern time zone during football season.

2TnukvJ.png

Columbia blue returns to Houston. This is the color rush Thursday night game uniform schedule.

Why do the Texans feel the need to trick up every game they play against the Patriots... Also, what does Columbia blue have to do with the Texans? I don't like any of that.

Why do the Texans feel the need to trick up every game they play against the Patriots... Also, what does Columbia blue have to do with the Texans? I don't like any of that.

- Don't think this is a Texans decision.

- Agreed, Columbia blue ain't our thing anymore.

Raiders in khaki and Bengals in silver and black. Wtf? That Ravens uni should be the ugliest uni in the history of the NFL

I gave you a "like" just because of your unbridled enthusiasm. Would be fantastic if your predictions turn out to be correct.

Never know if our new QB is as good as some think then it's possible.

Of course me and Julianne Huff is possible, but honestly what are the odds...

Comparing our 2016 schedule to our 2015 schedule...

We play the Patriots, Bengals, Chiefs & Colts just like we did last year. So other than Andrew Luck being healthy, our schedule doesn't get any tougher because of those teams.

The Panthers & Jets finished last season above .500 in 2015. This year we'll be playing the Broncos, Packers, & Vikings which also finished above .500 in 2015.

The Buccaneers, Falcons, Dolphins, Saints, & Bills finished below .500 last season & we lost three of those games.

This coming season, we'll play the Lions, Raiders, Bears, & Chargers who also finished below .500 in 2015.

In summary, I don't think our schedule is much tougher than it was last season. Andrew Luck being healthy & one more team finishing over .500 about sums it up. Of course, everyone is expecting the Raiders, Jags, maybe even the Bears to take another step, but I think we're all expecting the Texans to take a step as well. At least I am.

Comparing our 2016 schedule to our 2015 schedule...

We play the Patriots, Bengals, Chiefs & Colts just like we did last year. So other than Andrew Luck being healthy, our schedule doesn't get any tougher because of those teams.

The Panthers & Jets finished last season above .500 in 2015. This year we'll be playing the Broncos, Packers, & Vikings which also finished above .500 in 2015.

The Buccaneers, Falcons, Dolphins, Saints, & Bills finished below .500 last season & we lost three of those games.

This coming season, we'll play the Lions, Raiders, Bears, & Chargers who also finished below .500 in 2015.

In summary, I don't think our schedule is much tougher than it was last season. Andrew Luck being healthy & one more team finishing over .500 about sums it up. Of course, everyone is expecting the Raiders, Jags, maybe even the Bears to take another step, but I think we're all expecting the Texans to take a step as well. At least I am.
I read something this week on PFT where Luck said that he's still not 100%. I know there's a ton of time left until the season starts, but that's very indicative of how severe his injuries were.

How many of our opponents will end 2016 with a winning record.

Bears
Chiefs
Patriots

Titans
Vikings
Colts
Broncos

Lions
Jags
Raiders
Chargers
Packers
Colts

Jags
Bengals
Titans

I count 8 games (Colts x2) against winning teams. What do you think?

I count 8 games (Colts x2) against winning teams. What do you think?

With the moves they've made, I think the Jags and Raiders both have a good shot of at least .500 seasons and the Vikings have an outside shot. If the Texans don't have a winning season does it matter?

With the moves they've made, I think the Jags and Raiders both have a good shot of at least .500 seasons and the Vikings have an outside shot. If the Texans don't have a winning season does it matter?
I'm much more interested in the Texans record than their opponents. I hope none of those teams have a winning record against the Texans in 2016.

I'm just getting read for the "no quality wins" argument.
Yeah, some people just can't be pleased. I'm firmly in the "any win is a quality win" camp. There's too much parity in the NFL to consider any team, outside of Cleveland, a push over.

I also think that the Tacks, Jags and Raiders have seriously upgraded their teams. It should be a wild season in 2016.

Back