Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans 2015 Free Agency

Rahim Moore...isn't he the guy that completely misplayed the Jacoby Jones TD that lead to the Ravens win and eventual championship?

rahim-moore-jacoby-jones.jpg

Ha, epic! Looks like Jacoby has his eyes closed!

Orakpo has signed with the Titans, secretly making them a sincere promise that he won't end up on IR again...........unless he's injured.................:tiphat:

You know that's not going to happen here, right? The exact opposite of a team first, O'Brien kind of guy.

IDK, Belichick is looking at him.

I don't know how they do things in the NFL, but before I write off a guy like Harvin, I'd want to at least talk to him on the phone & get his side of the story. So what he tried to whip Russell Wilson's ass. The little twerp probably needed an ass whuppin.

He say, she say shouldn't stop me from winning a championship. & being released from three teams in two years might be a wake up call for some people.

He played mostly slot in Buffalo.

He can play either inside or outside.

Anyone can. Aj's been moved in & out of the slot depending on what the defense is doing. But if we're going to say Welker is our definition of slot, Stevie Johnson is not. He's not quick, shifty, or a guy that thrives in the middle of the field. He's fast, in a straight line.

If we were to get him, I doubt we'll be lining him up in the slot.

From what I remember, the WRs were saying OB's offensive scheme was complex and wasn't exactly easy to learn.

I don't know about our playbook, but I saw a Tweet yesterday from a dude that covers the Vikes (can't remember his name) saying Patterson couldn't learn their playbook. Obviously take it for what it's worth, but it may potentially be a red flag

Just a state of the market - remaining players on PFT's top 100 FA list:

Greg Hardy - DE
Nick Fairly - DT
Percy Harvin - WR
CJ Spiller - RB
Michael Crabtree - WR
Dwayne Bowe - WR
Stefen Wisniewski - C
Jermaine Gresham - TE
Tramon Williams - CB
Patrick Robinson - CB
Cecil Shorts - WR
Brandon Spikes - ILB
Shareece Wright - CB
Rolando McClain - ILB
Kroy Biermann - DE
Vince Wilfork - DT
Joe Barksdale - OT
Mason Foster - ILB
Perish Cox - CB
Stevie Johnson - WR
Denarius Moore - WR
Bradley Fletcher - CB
Hakeem Nicks - WR
Justin Blalock - G
Kenny Britt - WR
Reggie Bush - RB
James Casey - TE
Byron Bell - OT
Kyle Wilson - CB

Wisniewski and Wilfork seem given as targets. I'd be curious to know what OB thinks of Casey and our TEs. Would like some ILB competition/depth.

Greg Hardy - DE
Nick Fairly - DT
Percy Harvin - WR
CJ Spiller - RB
Michael Crabtree - WR
Dwayne Bowe - WR
Stefen Wisniewski - C
Jermaine Gresham - TE
Tramon Williams - CB
Patrick Robinson - CB
Cecil Shorts - WR
Brandon Spikes - ILB
Shareece Wright - CB
Rolando McClain - ILB
Kroy Biermann - DE
Vince Wilfork - DT
Joe Barksdale - OT
Mason Foster - ILB
Perish Cox - CB
Stevie Johnson - WR
Denarius Moore - WR
Bradley Fletcher - CB
Hakeem Nicks - WR
Justin Blalock - G
Kenny Britt - WR
Reggie Bush - RB
James Casey - TE
Byron Bell - OT
Kyle Wilson - CB

Wisniewski and Wilfork seem given as targets. I'd be curious to know what OB thinks of Casey and our TEs. Would like some ILB competition/depth.

I thought McClain played really good for Dallas . Players in red would be who I'd look at .

It is the trade compensation that i would take issue with.... Remember Phillip Buchanan.

Cover 2 guy who should have never been brought to the Texans which was primarilty a MAN team as far as its seconday went at tha time and he was a bad fit. His career resumed elsewhere where there there wasn't the system incompatibility that was the problem here in Houston for him.

Greg Hardy - DE
Nick Fairly - DT
Percy Harvin - WR
CJ Spiller - RB
Michael Crabtree - WR
Dwayne Bowe - WR
Stefen Wisniewski - C
Jermaine Gresham - TE
Tramon Williams - CB
Patrick Robinson - CB
Cecil Shorts - WR
Brandon Spikes - ILB
Shareece Wright - CB
Rolando McClain - ILB
Kroy Biermann - DE
Vince Wilfork - DT
Joe Barksdale - OT
Mason Foster - ILB
Perish Cox - CB
Stevie Johnson - WR
Denarius Moore - WR
Bradley Fletcher - CB
Hakeem Nicks - WR
Justin Blalock - G
Kenny Britt - WR
Reggie Bush - RB
James Casey - TE
Byron Bell - OT
Kyle Wilson - CB

He would be perfect here..........but there is no link to the Texans so far.

Greg Hardy - DE
Nick Fairly - DT
Percy Harvin - WR
CJ Spiller - RB
Michael Crabtree - WR
Dwayne Bowe - WR
Stefen Wisniewski - C
Jermaine Gresham - TE
Tramon Williams - CB
Patrick Robinson - CB
Cecil Shorts - WR
Brandon Spikes - ILB
Shareece Wright - CB
Rolando McClain - ILB
Kroy Biermann - DE
Vince Wilfork - DT
Joe Barksdale - OT
Mason Foster - ILB
Perish Cox - CB
Stevie Johnson - WR
Denarius Moore - WR
Bradley Fletcher - CB
Hakeem Nicks - WR
Justin Blalock - G
Kenny Britt - WR
Reggie Bush - RB
James Casey - TE
Byron Bell - OT
Kyle Wilson - CB

The way I'm calculating it as of now, we have $6.147M in cap space (subtracting out for Draft choice's, etc) before Moore's $3M is taken out, So taking out Moore's cap hit, we have $3.147M.

If we release three players (Clabo, $1.32 - Adam Schiltz, TE, .585 - Charles James, CB, .510) we gain an additional $2.415, for a total of $5.562.

I have Wisniewski as a priority signing. His contract last year was $1.316 and I would go as high as $2.0 for his signature on a contract. He plays both OG and OC and would represent the final piece to anchor the center of our line, either as a starter or backup to Jones and Fiedorowicz.

I have Lewis as a priority signing. His contract last year was $.730 and I would go as high as $1.00. Signing him would set our safeties.

We have a serious hole at SOLB. I would address this in the draft with our #16 pick. I have my eye on Eli Harold, who will likely be there. There are several higher ranked at the position, who if one falls, I'd take.

We need a slot receiver and I'd address this with our #51 pick. I have my eye on Philip Dorsett, but it depends on who falls to us. There should be at least one available among several possibilities.

We need another NT. And I figure we need a veteran SOLB to pair with our draft pick. AT this point, I calculate we have about $3.062 remaining cap space, to fill these two needs.

Other, lesser needs; such as a swing OT, a RB and a WR; I'd address on the second and third day of the draft.

...Would like some ILB competition/depth.
I agree. Currently on our roster we have Cushing, Tuggle, Mohamed and Bullough.

We resigned Tarpinian, who I was thinking was ILB, but he's carried on the roster at OLB. We have not resigned Dent, who is an ILB.

We need to add one more player at ILB.

IDK, Belichick is looking at him.

I don't know how they do things in the NFL, but before I write off a guy like Harvin, I'd want to at least talk to him on the phone & get his side of the story. So what he tried to whip Russell Wilson's ass. The little twerp probably needed an ass whuppin.

He say, she say shouldn't stop me from winning a championship. & being released from three teams in two years might be a wake up call for some people.

Anyone can. Aj's been moved in & out of the slot depending on what the defense is doing. But if we're going to say Welker is our definition of slot, Stevie Johnson is not. He's not quick, shifty, or a guy that thrives in the middle of the field. He's fast, in a straight line.

If we were to get him, I doubt we'll be lining him up in the slot.

Don't want Harvin, not because he's a headcase, but because he's an ankle injury waiting to happen.

Johnson lead the Bills in receiving playing mostly from the slot with Fitz as his QB. You know this is true because Fitz cant throw the ball outside the numbers. Johnson is a fine slot guy, certainly an upgrade over Martin, but carry on.

Johnson lead the Bills in receiving playing mostly from the slot with Fitz as his QB. You know this is true because Fitz cant throw the ball outside the numbers. Johnson is a fine slot guy, certainly an upgrade over Martin, but carry on.

The question is whether he is an OB type slot guy. Doesn't really seem to fit the small twitchy profile. I'm not opposed to it - just an observation.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26s27 seconds ago

St. Louis Rams have agreed to terms with Nick Fairley, per source.
0 replies 26 retweets 5 favorites

CJ Spiller - RB
Stefen Wisniewski - C
Vince Wilfork - DT
Joe Barksdale - OT
Mason Foster - ILB
Stevie Johnson - WR

Dollar amounts depending of course, but I think each of these guys should be given a shout.

Smith/Kubiak took a serious ration of **** for some choices which have really panned out.

Hopkins over Patterson.
KJ over Kyle Wilson.

True and I was one of the biggest detractors of the Hopkins over Patterson pick. Although Patterson did score 9 TD's his rookie season and would add a dynamic aspect to the KR/PR/offense that the Texans are currently lacking. He's a threat to score a TD every time he touches the ball. Which is why I liked him over Hopkins and why BOB is inquiring about him if reports are true.

CJ Spiller - RB
Stefen Wisniewski - C
Vince Wilfork - DT
Joe Barksdale - OT
Mason Foster - ILB
Stevie Johnson - WR

Dollar amounts depending of course, but I think each of these guys should be given a shout.

Using Number 19's 5.25 cap number left to spend not counting draft choice $$$$. Give me in order

1. Wisniewski- 2 mil per 3 yrs = 6 mil total
2. Wilfork- 6 mil 2 yrs = 12 mil total
3. Johnson- 1.25 1 yr

So Smith spends 9.25 -5.25= - 4 mil how do I make up that $$$$? I cut the Graham's/Jamison's of the world and draft their replacements.

Smith/Kubiak took a serious ration of **** for some choices which have really panned out.

Hopkins over Patterson.
KJ over Kyle Wilson.

Rick must have peeked at the first page of some Ravens front office executive's list of draft targets. Or they just got lucky with their tried and true draft strategy of rock/paper/scissors. :kitten:

Saints made out like bandits.
They really did. Just the 3rd alone is a lot.

Found this...
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Was told Saints brass had soured on Stills. Many teams were surprised he was being shopped given cheap contract. Saints loading up on picks

Hopkins over Patterson.
KJ over Kyle Wilson.

Don't forget the pizza delivery boy. I might have given a ration or two over that one.

Cordarrelle can't learn an offense. Here's why: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/...dwriting/39a672bb-3ae2-4b55-853b-3991555e454a

Sure glad we ended up with DeAndre Hopkins over CP.
Did not realize that playbooks were in cursive; figured they were typed in print. Video confirms my belief CP is like a 15 YOA in a 23 YOA body. He got by in college on speed and natural talent. Not sure why he cannot learn 2-3 plays and also be used in returns. His playbook then can be added to. I think he can be easily overwhelmed and frustrated and needs patient coaching to give him confidence. His bio says he went from high school where his abilities were better than most and his education (reading/comprehension) was "pass him on" to North Carolina Tech Christian Academy to prepare for college. He then went to community college in Hutchinson, Kansas where he was rated top JUCO in USA. One season and U of Tennessee before entering draft. At Tenn he played some at RB. His all purpose yards 1858 beat Reggie Cobb's in 1987.

KR, two passes, a few decoy plays, and end around or a half back play a game and he would be worth his salary. ST as a gunner would round him out as he learns.

The way I'm calculating it as of now, we have $6.147M in cap space (subtracting out for Draft choice's, etc) before Moore's $3M is taken out, So taking out Moore's cap hit, we have $3.147M.

If we release three players (Clabo, $1.32 - Adam Schiltz, TE, .585 - Charles James, CB, .510) we gain an additional $2.415, for a total of $5.562.

I have Wisniewski as a priority signing. His contract last year was $1.316 and I would go as high as $2.0 for his signature on a contract. He plays both OG and OC and would represent the final piece to anchor the center of our line, either as a starter or backup to Jones and Fiedorowicz.

I have Lewis as a priority signing. His contract last year was $.730 and I would go as high as $1.00. Signing him would set our safeties.

We have a serious hole at SOLB. I would address this in the draft with our #16 pick. I have my eye on Eli Harold, who will likely be there. There are several higher ranked at the position, who if one falls, I'd take.

We need a slot receiver and I'd address this with our #51 pick. I have my eye on Philip Dorsett, but it depends on who falls to us. There should be at least one available among several possibilities.

We need another NT. And I figure we need a veteran SOLB to pair with our draft pick. AT this point, I calculate we have about $3.062 remaining cap space, to fill these two needs.

Other, lesser needs; such as a swing OT, a RB and a WR; I'd address on the second and third day of the draft.

Who is Adam Schilitz?

Back