Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans’ State Of the Union...

What will make me happy is to see the Texans start winning, I don't care who the HC is. I'm just tired of all the excuses you give for BOB... you know, the same type of excuses you hear people give for DW4.

I'm not giving any excuses for BOB after 51-7.

I am saying the McNair's were heavily involved in DW4's contract negs.

With the contract the McNair's just signed DW4 too there's no way this will ever happen. However this sealed BOB's fate, so that should make you happy.
I'm always happy.
I've already said after 0-30, there will be more comedies to come.
I've been laughing ever since.

LOL.

I'm not giving any excuses for BOB after 51-7.

I am saying the McNair's were heavily involved in DW4's contract negs.
It's funny that in your version of things whether it's Ricky or the McNairs, a guy with the reputation of being a teapot is supposedly passively sitting in a corner, while decisions are made without his input. He doesn't even voice his opinion or present a convincing case to influence decisions? Seems like his nickname should be wallflower instead of teapot.

Every single owner in the NFL is involved in contracts that involve that kind of commitment. They would be foolish not to be.
Exactly and because they were involved, doesn't mean O'Brien was sitting in the corner, being quiet and a good soldier. Otherwise, what's the point in his motive for seeking all of this organization power? To be Easterby's wingman?

With the contract the McNair's just signed DW4 too there's no way this will ever happen. However this sealed BOB's fate, so that should make you happy.
LMAO. Poor BOB. Always having people making decisions for him that seals his fate. I guess those meddling, dastardly McNairs told him NOT to fire Devlin or bring in a veteran OC or address the issues with the OL or tweak his outdated playbook.

Trading the best player on the roster is on BOTH O'Brien and the McNair family.

It's reprehensible as a Texans fan.

And now the giant contract QB has even less of a team around him, so obviously "it'll all be his fault" if he is unable to carry the entire team on his back.

It's funny that in your version of things whether it's Ricky or the McNairs, a guy with the reputation of being a teapot is supposedly passively sitting in a corner, while decisions are made without his input. He doesn't even voice his opinion or present a convincing case to influence decisions? Seems like his nickname should be wallflower instead of teapot.

I'm telling this is what I've heard from people who should know. I was told when RS was here, BOB wouldn't even bother going to meetings with RS/Bob McNair because he would always get overuled.

Trading the best player on the roster is on BOTH O'Brien and the McNair family.

It's reprehensible as a Texans fan.

And now the giant contract QB has even less of a team around him, so obviously "it'll all be his fault" if he is unable to carry the entire team on his back.

If DW4 was half the QB some around here claim he is losing Hopkins wouldn't be a big deal.

Look at other QB's like Wilson/Rodgers/Brady etc... They've broken in many different WR corps without many issues. But DW4's struggling to break in this group and this group of WR's is much better than the group of WR's the QB's I listed had to break in.

If DW4 was half the QB some around here claim he is losing Hopkins wouldn't be a big deal.

Look at other QB's like Wilson/Rodgers/Brady etc... They've broken in many different WR corps without many issues. But DW4's struggling to break in this group and this group of WR's is much better than the group of WR's the QB's I listed had to break in.

Yeah, let's look at those other QBs, as well as one of the most important aspects of their careers:

Wilson - Pete Carroll (SB winner)

Rodgers - Mike McCarthy (SB winner)

Brady - Bill Belichick (SB winner)
And then we have Watson - Bill O'Brien (division CHAMPION)

LMAO. Poor BOB. Always having people making decisions for him that seals his fate. I guess those meddling, dastardly McNairs told him NOT to fire Devlin or bring in a veteran OC or address the issues with the OL or tweak his outdated playbook.

Nope BOB's made some mistakes and he should be fired for those mistakes. But make no mistake the McNair's decide who the face of THEIR franchise is from Carr to AJ to Watt to Hopkins to DW4 this is the McNair's MO and is why I always have said the McNair's have put marketing over the on the field product. With that said, there's certain things the McNair's wont have in their org and if you do these things you're considered not Texans Worthy. Until this changes expect more of the same old same old milquetoast Texans org.

Yeah, let's look at those other QBs, as well as one of the most important aspects of their careers:

Wilson - Pete Carroll (SB winner)

Rodgers - Mike McCarthy (SB winner)

Brady - Bill Belichick (SB winner)
And then we have Watson - Bill O'Brien (division CHAMPION)

And you will be lucky to get that this yr with DW4 at the helm. After 7 bad games in a row atleast a few posters are beginning to see the light. Are you one of those posters, or are you one of those posters that everything's BOB's fault? Funny people weren't as vociferous with their it's all on BOB when Hoyer/Os were at QB as they are now. Ever ask yourself why this is?

I mean to address another aspect of your post.

Let's roll with your perspective for a minute and assume that Watson is a mediocre QB. That begs the question: Why would you trade his best weapon away?

And you will be lucky to get that this yr with DW4 at the helm. After 7 bad games in a row atleast a few posters are beginning to see the light. Are you one of those posters, or are you one of those posters that everything's BOB's fault? Funny people weren't as vociferous with their it's all on BOB when Hoyer/Os were at QB as they are now. Ever ask yourself why this is?

I blame everyone to some degree. But, the buck ultimately stops at the top: McNairs and O'Brien.

And I've never been a big fan of O'Brien, especially after his Hoyer debacles. O'Brien, as they say in Texas, is all hat and no cattle.

Those teams never had a one QB and one WR show......they actually had a fundamentally sound team around them. If they had an off game, the team could actually carry the load....it wasn't always on them 100% of time. If Watson / Hopkins and now just Watson has an off game......who's there to carry the load?

Last edited:

Let's roll with your perspective for a minute and assume that Watson is a mediocre QB. That begs the question: Why would you trade his best weapon away?

He loves those type of bold moves because he would’ve pulled the trigger. I remember him bringing up Hopkins baby momma drama and doomed him a cancer. Paraphrasing of course. He probably thinks O’Brien is cleaning up Rick Smith’s supposedly mess.

Tell us how Wilson/Rodgers/Brady, etc broke in WRs during a COVID-19 season without the usual practice time and were playing at a high level by week 1. Your criticism is getting as nonsensical as BOB's 4th down calls.

Took him 6 seasons to realize his timeouts were not like Shamrock Stamps which could be redeemed, if not used, at a later date for a draft pick. The look of disappointment on his face, if caught, was priceless.

I still don’t think he’s learned from that mistake or any other mistakes. The reason why he went for that 4th down on his side of the field. He did that crap in the playoffs against the Chiefs. For some reason he chokes up against really good coaches and their teams.

You never did answer why DW4 gets the BOB pass but Hoyer/ Os didn't?

Cap space to re-sign DW4/Mercilus/Cunningham and future cap space. Or it could've bben off field stuff that will all eventually come out.

I still don’t think he’s learned from that mistake or any other mistakes. The reason why he went for that 4th down on his side of the field. He did that crap in the playoffs against the Chiefs. For some reason he chokes up against really good coaches and their teams.

Or those teams are flat out more talented.

Tell us how Wilson/Rodgers/Brady, etc broke in WRs during a COVID-19 season without the usual practice time and were playing at a high level by week 1. Your criticism is getting as nonsensical as BOB's 4th down calls.

Brady hasn't had these issues.

He loves those type of bold moves because he would’ve pulled the trigger. I remember him bringing up Hopkins baby momma drama and doomed him a cancer. Paraphrasing of course. He probably thinks O’Brien is cleaning up Rick Smith’s supposedly mess.

Exactly

This is getting way out of hand as usual. But if I were to call a certain member out on his unjustly take on Watson and his oh so forgiving heart for Obrien. Then I will be banned.

Sometimes it’s ok to call a spade a spade.

Do what you need to do.

Avg is avg and the Texans have been getting below avg QB play for the last 7 games. (Gonna be 8 after this week) You can make all of the excuses in the world for why this is. But this is a fact that cant be gotten around and the fact that the McNair's gave DW4 160 mil tells me they're going to get what they deserve over the next 4 yrs whether BOB's here or not.

Brady has thrown 3 TDs and 3 INTs. Bruce Arians even criticized him after game 1. What are you basing these "hot takes" on? I know. I know. Excuses.

Yet, he's still been much better than DW4 and that's without Brady's WR1 last week.

This conversation has gotten to the point that it's like participating in a windmill fight like little kids swinging and missing at air. Just all over the place without any substance or any connections. Have a great evening.

See you.

Are you saying DW4's had a better season than Brady so far? If so I disagree. Of course I left my DW4 rose colored glasses in the truck.

There's plenty of blame to go around .... all 55 , the coaching staff plus the water boy.

The two that deserve the most scrutiny are OB and Watson.
No, not yet.
This year, Watson's cap is still lower than Tunsil and Watson's pay ranks just 19th in the league at QB.

Tunsil should have had a couple of better performances at his position than Watson at his.

OB' scheme/play call and the execution of the line just don't go hand in hand.
Bootlegs that leave the QB exposed is a disaster.
A flat+cross against an experienced secondaries with only one other deep routes is also a disaster waiting to happen.
I'm talking about the INT.
The receiver in motion behind the LOS only gave Peters the chance to verify the formation and to see which receivers are out on routes.

All 3 routes were to the left side of the field, keeping Watson's eyes fixed to that side.

He read the deep route first and saw a double team; obviously he would go to the intermediate route next.

Peters knew that and was sitting on that all day long.

Bad play design.

There's plenty of blame to go around .... all 55 , the coaching staff plus the water boy.

The two that deserve the most scrutiny are OB and Watson.
And a lot of the blame going into the last several seasons is OB's inability to develop offensive players.
Because of that reason, the defense has been depleting year to year, making it just a shell of itself.

Some , not all .... the smart one's let the football , finance & cap people do their jobs.
I agree that the good ones do just that with 99% of all contract talks, but from everything I've ever read, heard or saw, they get involved when dealing with massive, long term deals such as those dealing with franchise QBs. Please enlighten me as to which owners don't.

And a lot of the blame going into the last several seasons is OB's inability to develop offensive players.
Because of that reason, the defense has been depleting year to year, making it just a shell of itself.
Speaking of developing offensive players. By now, everyone knows Will Fuller is injury prone and there is a noticeable decline in scoring when he's out. Neither O'Brien or his coaching staff have figured out the adjustments needed to minimize the impact when Fuller is either out or playing while he is physically limited.

I think everyone can agree that Fuller is more talented than Kevin Walter. Yet, Kubiak was able to get similar production from Walter. Every TE on the current roster is probably more gifted athletically than Owen Daniels. Are they as productive?

Say what you want about Kubiak. When it comes to the offensive skill players, he did more with less and because of his confidence in his system, he was able to spend more resources on defense instead of his offense. O'Brien is doing the opposite.

Last edited:
Speaking of developing offensive players. By now, everyone knows Will Fuller is injury prone and there is a noticeable decline in scoring when he's out. Neither O'Brien or his coaching staff have figured out the adjustments needed to minimize the impact when Fuller is either out or playing while he is physically limited.

I think everyone can agree that Fuller is more talented than Kevin Walter. Yet, Kubiak was able to get similar production from Walter. Every TE on the current roster is probably more gifted athletically than Owen Daniels. Are they as productive?

Say what you want about Kubiak. When it comes to the offensive skill players, he did more with less and because of his confidence in his system, he was able to spend more resources on defense instead of his offense. O'Brien is doing the opposite.

Agreed, Cooks is the answer to the WFV issues.

Kubiak is/was a great OC but was far to conservative as a HC. (Just like BOB)

Wonder what's up with the Vikes offense stinking this yr?

-gABz2IU2n8Y08_fd1BLCe6uuiQmdy1ZjsAW-BHDjpE.jpg

You never did answer why DW4 gets the BOB pass but Hoyer/ Os didn't?

Cap space to re-sign DW4/Mercilus/Cunningham and future cap space. Or it could've bben off field stuff that will all eventually come out.

You will be unable to find any credible NFL analyst that would put Hoyer and Osweiler in the same boat as Watson.

And Watson is not getting a "pass". He's been paid like an elite player, and the fan base is expecting him to be better. I read and listen to the critical analysis about him every day. And he deserves it when it is clearly his failure.

But he did not design the offensive scheme.

He does not pick the plays.

He does not pick his offensive linemen and does not coach them.

He did not trade away is best WR (one of the best in the league) and he did not pick his under-achieving WRs.

He does not play defense.

So can you possibly even try to stop blaming one player for everything? Do you pay attention or are you just looking for confirmation bias to support your apparent on-going crusade?

Honestly, it seems like you are simply unable to ever be objective about certain subjects. It makes it really hard to take you seriously sometimes with regards to those specific subjects.

Agreed, Cooks is the answer to the WFV issues.

Kubiak is/was a great OC but was far to conservative as a HC. (Just like BOB)

Wonder what's up with the Vikes offense stinking this yr?

Cousins.....talking about a big guaranteed contract to swallow. They could've kept Keenum for a third of what they gave Cousins who hasn't put together a Keenum type of winning season yet.

Back