Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans. 9/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Liberty White Thread**

Alright stop, collaborate and listen!

oj09s5.jpg

Arian Foster's frustration was visible after being told to stay off the field during a drive in the fourth quarter Monday, and Houston Texans coach Gary Kubiak understands completely why his star running back would feel slighted.

He also believes fewer carries for Foster at this point may be in the team's best interests.

After surviving plenty of drama in its season-opening victory, Houston on Sunday hosts a Tennessee Titans team looking to prove last week's surprisingly solid defensive effort was no fluke.

The Texans fought back from a 21-point second-half deficit to tie San Diego at 28 in the fourth quarter, getting help from both Foster and backup Ben Tate in the running game.

Foster, though, appeared to be waved back off the field at one point by Tate, who elected to stay in. Foster, who ran 18 times for 57 yards compared to 55 on nine rushes for Tate, didn't seem to appreciate the gesture.

"They both want to be on the field. I understand that. I think that's a good thing for the team," Kubiak said.

He plans to have Foster and Tate split carries until he feels Foster, who didn't take a single rep in the preseason, is ready for a larger workload.

"I want to keep it somewhat close right now and watch them working to what's going on," Kubiak said. "I think Arian's been a player who's at his best when he carries the ball 25 times, so we'll head back in that direction (eventually). I think if we're running the football well and we're in the type of football game that we want to be in, I think there's plenty of carries to go around."

The Texans ended up completing their comeback Monday, as Randy Bullock kicked a 41-yard field goal as time expired for a 31-28 victory. Matt Schaub finished 34 of 45 for 346 yards and three touchdowns, two to tight end Owen Daniels.

Andre Johnson caught 12 passes for 146 yards.

"There's a lot of times people say, 'We'll get 'em next week.' Well that's not part of this team's make up," Kubiak said. "There's a belief there that regardless of what happens on any given Sunday, we can find a way to win a football game."

The Titans did just that last week despite spotting Pittsburgh a safety on the opening kickoff, winning 16-9 after holding the Steelers' offense to 195 total yards and keeping them scoreless until 1:23 remained.

Jurrell Casey and Zach Brown each had two sacks for Tennessee.

149p3e8.jpg

33y16ad.jpg

x6j475.jpg

MORE NFL.COM PICKS HERE>>>>http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/experts

What I want to see:

QUICK. START.

...or just something that resembles a damned pulse? We CAN NOT have a slow first quarter again this week. Save that for the next pre-season. Should we take the ball first (likely), getting off to a quick start is crucial.

Get to Locker

Pressure on this man is imperative. We got to him last season in the 1st match-up; definitely changed the ideas of what they may have wanted to do offensively when he was knocked out the game. Must pressure Locker all day.

Find our insurance company: Fostate

I mean, aren't you in good hands with Fostate? For now, we have to have these two carrying the rock all day. THE BOTH OF THEM. Now, let's not buy into the media creation...our chemistry is fine on the team.

Titans are known these days for struggling with top TEs....MAKE THEM PAY.

I wouldn't mind if we went 'Bengals playoff game' on these guys. Featuring a ton of OD and Double G would be ideal. Last year or so, TEN has struggled in this department, so this must happen.

That was fast. Maybe that short week had SOMETHING to do with it? Ha. Rivalry week comes a little early, which means it's time to...like Public Enemy once said: BRING THE NOISE! All whites today, so let's get some Titan blood on these unis. Doesn't mean anything changes: 1-0 every week! Let's get this W, and take our 2013 Revenge Tour back on the road. ICE, ICE...BABY.

Hmm, 34-20 was my prediction too. I'll take it!!!!

Sleeptime. See you fellow knuckleheads in the morning..........um...later in the morning.

^^

Thank you Bob McNair for bringing class and respectability to Houston football. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your efforts not to be like the grizzled piece of **** old man pictured above my post. I may not like everything you do, but I damn sure like having football back with an owner who isn't a insane decrepit pile of bones.

GO TEXANS

:fans:

J+J+Watt+Miami+Dolphins+v+Houston+Texans+c4ifkQF2pOol.jpg

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/texans-2013-home-game-themes/texans-1-karen_-warren.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://nfltexans.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/bb19760.jpg[/IMG]

I Dont expect this game to be close at all...the titans have noone on offense that scares me. Defensively, we're not Pitt...we can beat them any way... ground and pound or air it out....the only question is how do they want to be beat?

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 20m

Chris Johnson should carry the load today, as Titans RB Shonn Greene is 'very doubtful' against Texans, per @RapSheet http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-doubtful-to-face-texans?campaign=Twitter_atl …

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000244058/article/titans-rb-shonn-greene-very-doubtful-to-face-texans?campaign=Twitter_atl

Shonn Greene very doubtful for Tennessee Titans

By Kevin Patra
Around the League writer
Published: Sept. 15, 2013 at 08:57 a.m.
Updated: Sept. 15, 2013 at 09:10 a.m.

Tennessee Titans running back Chris Johnson might see a heavy workload Sunday against the Houston Texans.

The man brought in to share those carries, Shonn Greene, is "very doubtful," to play, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday morning.

Greene injured his right knee in the second quarter of the Titans' Week 1 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers and didn't return to the game. The running back said after the game he didn't expect to miss time, but he didn't practice all week and Rapoport's intel suggests his knee isn't as solid as Greene hoped.

Johnson had 25 carries in the opener and should see a similar workload in Week 2. Veteran Jackie Battle will get the short-yardage carries.

The Titans were one of the few teams to feature the run in Week 1, and they'll need to control the clock against a division foe this week.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 14m
Ed Reed, Larry Fitzgerald and Roddy White set to play today, according to sources. White (high ankle sprain) could be particularly limited

vwMin.gif

Game Release

Officiating crew: Jeff Triplette

TV Map: Link

Television: CBS (KHOU Ch. 11 locally)
Kevin Harlan Play-By-Play Solomon Wilcots Color Analyst

Radio: TEXANS ENGLISH RADIO ON KILT 610-AM and 100.3 FM
Marc Vandermeer Andre Ware
Rich Lord
Play-By-Play Color Analyst Sideline

TEXANS SPANISH RADIO ON UNIVISION AMERICA KLAT 1010 AM
Enrique Vasquez Jose “JoJo” Padron Pedro Vella
Play-By-Play Color Analyst Sideline

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 45s
Texans S Ed Reed will test out his hip pre game. But I'm hearing now he's trending downward. A longshot to play. Source: "It's unlikely"

OX3S.png

You so crazy Ed!

Oh well. We'll still win without him. Hopefully DJ gives Justin Hunter (if he plays) another wake up call like he used to do in college.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
Texans S Ed Reed will not play today. Not quite ready.

:kubepalm:

I am not worried about reed not playing right now. It gives swearinger more time on the field right now

Anyone believe he won't play next week?

I have my doubts. I also think that it won't matter. If he does play, he'll be ineffective and limited. My "Ed being Ed" comment above was sarcastic. He's an older player now, his body doesn't heal as well as it used to, and his hip injury is more serious than people are letting on. He's going to end up being this team's Ahman Green. Mark it.

I honestly don't care what Chris Johnson does. He can't beat us by himself.

I hope the Texans don't pay so much attention to him that Locker looks like Manning.

Lots filling up...
BUN50zSCQAA5hBS.jpg

The great Bruce Matthews eying his offensive line...
BUN23QNCYAA-BMo.jpg

Last man off the field from warmups...
BUN7e3UCUAMFz7m.jpg

Program...
BUN8MG_CYAACqUO.jpg

Texas!
BUN9k0nCcAA_iQz.jpg

Back