Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Takeaways from the Panthers game.

i didn’t read through the thread so my apologies, but my takeaways...
O’Brien is not a good offensive mind. He sucks. The challenge to lose the time out, wtf?? The guy is bad, really bad.
His play calling sucks to high heaven. Hopkins has 4 catches?? I get it, Watson had two overthrows that would have more than likely won the game, but the head coach and the team has to overcome that! And OB did nothing to overcome that!
I’ve had it with him.

You won’t find a fan that dislikes bigger BoB more than me. Yes - he is the biggest problem and his play calling is abysmal far too often. But he didn’t give up all those sacks, he didn’t throw that dumb pass by Hopkins, and he’s not the one holding the ball counting up to 10 Mississippi like Watson does.

Agreed. The offensive coordinator is the guy we ought to be upset with.

The coaching staff is like a fish - it rots from the head down. How many teams would have BOB, the OC, RAC or the OL coach as their first choice if they were available? Major changes are needed.

RAC would get snatched up pretty quick, pending he doesn't opt to retire. We held the team to 16 points and forced three turnovers. That's pretty damn good.

i didn’t read through the thread so my apologies, but my takeaways...
O’Brien is not a good offensive mind. He sucks. The challenge to lose the time out, wtf?? The guy is bad, really bad.
His play calling sucks to high heaven. Hopkins has 4 catches?? I get it, Watson had two overthrows that would have more than likely won the game, but the head coach and the team has to overcome that! And OB did nothing to overcome that!
I’ve had it with him.

I can see overcoming 1 overthrow, but 3?

Also Watson was inaccurate on several other passes in addition to those 3. When you hold the ball too long and have an inaccurate QB you get what we saw yesterday.

RAC would get snatched up pretty quick, pending he doesn't opt to retire. We held the team to 16 points and forced three turnovers. That's pretty damn good.

Yep. Against two QBs making their 1st and 3rd ever starts, we've held them to 12 and 16 points respectively. Pretty damn good.

Actually, I have no beef with the D or RAC at the moment, other than I don't trust the secondary and the way they play so far off receivers.

Take those homer glasses off and look at the results produced by the offense in the two home games against teams starting backup QB's.

13 points against the Jaqs.
10 points against the Panthers.

Great QB's don't have performances like that on a routine basis and this has been routine - aside from two drives against NO and a quarter against the Chargers.

Watson missed throws all day against the Panthers. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a shotgun at point blank range. An inch or two here , and inch or two there …. must have been 6-7 throws that were just a little bit off that if they are on target , this game is dramatically different.

I'm waiting for you to tell me how great Tunsil was today ….
How many points Brady put up vs the Bill's Sunday? Point being, protection and execution is still the problem. They sat in that cover 4 all day because Mancz and others were getting dogged all day. That pocket was collapsing from Martin and Mancz. Then here comes a guy blitz without beaters. Where are the slip screens? Why is the pocket not moved. Anybody and their mama know those 2 lbs are going to cut off the middle short routes. I'm not even going to bring up the wr pass with the 2 man route inside the 30

Back