Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants

Party on, Eli! You earned it

collegehumor.a04177eec529c6b2a12e172463804dcc.jpg

well I heard the Bill could be classless, but being they don't play the giants except once every three years or so, you'd think bill would have gained some respect for the giants and their coaching staff after this game and to show respect, I would think he would have stayed on the field till the last play was played

I guess he really is a sore loser

i can see the pats take jake long or clady if available after tonight

Nah. Light just had a bad game, but he is great LT. They are going to lose Samuel and possibly Gay so they will take a CB. They could possibly look LB too if they trade down.

well I heard the Bill could be classless, but being they don't play the giants except once every three years or so, you'd think bill would have gained some respect for the giants and their coaching staff after this game and to show respect, I would think he would have stayed on the field till the last play was played

I guess he really is a sore loser

When I saw it I thought that the game was over too. I guess he didnt see that there was a second left on the clock. If it was anyone other than Billichik they would get a pass. Billichik's history precludes it.

Oh, I don't know, honor, integrety, being a man about losing a tough game. That's just me, I guess. I'm sure opinions vary.

Isn't he the same guy who refused to shake Dungy's hand? The same who thought it funny to order in and leave popcorn all over the visitors locker room when the defeated the Cowboys? So, anything he does in the department of a sore loser or arrogance wouldn't surprise me. I shouldn't gloat, but I can't say I'm disappointed.

Oh, I don't know, honor, integrety, being a man about losing a tough game. That's just me, I guess. I'm sure opinions vary.

Isn't he the same guy who refused to shake Dungy's hand? The same who thought it funny to order in and leave popcorn all over the visitors locker room when they defeated the Cowboys? So, anything he does in the department of a sore loser or arrogance wouldn't surprise me. I shouldn't gloat, but I can't say I'm disappointed.

I went over to a Pats message board to see how they are taking it (not well btw) there are 138 members and 1521 guests. Everyone wants to see their pain.

I went over to a Pats message board to see how they are taking it (not well btw) there are 138 members and 1521 guests. Everyone wants to see their pain.

Psh we have them beat! The most users ever for us was 1,493 on 4/28/2006. I wonder how many guests we had then?

hahaha, im just extatic that i can watch ESPN now.....

lol, good point.

Tough gig being a Cowboy fan right now. I'm not trying to cheap shot them, but I wonder if some of the more, well, less mature ones are pissed about the HOF inductions + the Super Bwl outcome right about now. That isn't directed at any Cowboys fans that post here either (just to be clear).

lol, good point.

Tough gig being a Cowboy fan right now. I'm not trying to cheap shot them, but I wonder if some of the more, well, less mature ones are pissed about the HOF inductions + the Super Bwl outcome right about now. That isn't directed at any Cowboys fans that post here either (just to be clear).

Personally, not really! I believe that we were the better team when playing the Giants, but didn't handle our business. So, the best team on that day won, and continued on to the Super Bowl--and congratulations are in order. I don't have a problem hating in the rivalry when we play each other, but, beyond that , that I have no problem being a united front in the division.

I can't even begin to imagine the psychological damage of going 18-0, then leading the Super Bowl with two minutes to go, and then losing. Seriously, that's the kind of thing that can mess your mind for life.

Personally, not really! I believe that we were the better team when playing the Giants, but didn't handle our business. So, the best team on that day won, and continued on to the Super Bowl--and congratulations are in order. I don't have a problem hating in the rivalry when we play each other, but, beyond that , that I have no problem being a united front in the division.

Very true. :)

LOL, they won the SB dogg, beat the "best team ever" in the biggest game ever...

edit: but i dont wanna get into that, so if you choose to counter, i wont responde to it out of rspect for the G-Men!!!!

some quotes

NFL is rigged
True story.

The pain is too much. I'm friggin' done. My wife can sit and watch a game like this and say "too bad" and go to bed. Im going to be up unti 4am agonizing and never get over this. I cant take this anymore, I really can't. I never thought I'd feel worse than the 2003 ALCS, but this is worse. This cant be healthy, it can't.

Sports is supposed to be entertainment and stress relief for life. This crap is more stressful than my damn job. I can't take it anymore, I just can't.

jets fan: Please, try being a Jets fan, at least you have won a SB recently. 18-1 is something to be proud of!

pats fan: You know, as silly as it sounds, I think I'd welcome it. You're a Jets fan and it sucks on a different level, but you have NEVER felt like this, EVER. Trust me. I wouldn't welcome this hell on my worst enemy.

For all of the non-New York Giant fans who are reading this board now in glee, a few words:

No one here expects anyone to feel sorry for the fans of the New England Patriots. But as we give the Giants their fare credit and step aside to allow them their time, please be courteous enough to allow us our time.

For all of the angered, resentful Pats fans, a few words:

I wanted this one for one main reason - my son. Born in 2007, I've fantasized for 2 weeks of sharing the tale of the '07 Red Sox and Patriots - what they accomplished the year he was born.

Thanks to everyone who continues to make Patriots Planet such a special place. It hurts a lot right now. But over the course of days and weeks, jokes and stories will be told and things will get better.

But this is NOT the time to go throwing around wild, pissed-off rants. For one, you probably don't mean most of it. Two, you're probably just adding to the joy of some Patriots hater out there. Don't fuel them.

We're fortunate to have appeared in 4 SB's in 7 seasons. Any franchise in the NFL would change places with the Patriots, despite the results of SB XLII.

Keep your heads up, PP.

-Steve

I'm definitely staying the **** away from ESPN for at least a month. If not that. I'm so numb right now. All I kept thinking was, this isn't happening, it was destiny. But I guess that's why the games are played.

I'm okay for the most part right now. I mean, besides the huge empty feeling I got, and the hundreds of 'could've been's' in my mind. But the days to come will be like a really bad hangover.

Anyway, the only positive to get out of this for me is that I know how much I love this team. Good or bad, I'm still a Patriots fan. And if people will talk ****, so be it, I'll probably not be very courteous, and not very mature to all as my response. But it'll blow over in a few months, and hopefully next year is the year.

phins fan: Now you know how hard it is.
Pats congrats to a good season.

1972 Dolphins Still #1.

I dunno, the no holding call on the Eli scramble on the last drive was a travesty

Lets face it gang, the season is a disaster. I don't care how many points the offense scored, I don't care that the team went 16-0, I don't care that Brady and Moss broke records.

They lost. It's a choke. It's the greatest choke in the history of professional sports. It's bigger then the 'Skanks blowing a 3-0 lead to the Sox. It's Game 6 on steroids. It's brutal, it's ugly, and it sucks more then anything that has ever sucked before.

I can't remember the last time I was this upset over something. For all of you trolls out here right now wallowing in our pain...***** you. Chances are good to excellent that we pounded the piss out of whatever sorry-ass team you root for, and your team was home watching the game.

...why does this suck so incredibly much?

1). the defense had numerous opportunities to put this game away on the Giants' last possession and couldn't seal the deal
2). I hate the Giants and any other team from New York. Losing to these assholes is just plain miserable. Losing to the Cowboys or packers would have blown too, but this is FAR WORSE
3). (and this is the worst)- our season ended in a loss to a Manning, again. And, this time, it was the lesser Manning.

Right now, I absolutely despise the game of football. I hate the NFL, and I'm pretty sure I may never watch another game again. Don't believe me...? After Super Bowl XXXI I didn't watch a game for 2 years.

For those of you who have the guts to watch SC and the news for the next several days, I applaud you. You're better people then me. Yeah, maybe I'm a sore loser, but it hurts so I'm pretty sure that sore is appropriate.

I'm out of here, time to get ready for the Sox. I may get over this, I may not. At any rate, I'm out of here. If I don't come back enjoy life.

well there are alot more, but thats a taste, some good fans, some bad, and some funny....

Wow, that was just sick. I don't think I will sleep tonight since I am still too jacked up. All I wanted was a Giants / Cowboys rematch and for the Giants to take out the Boys. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought this team could have went all the way. I definitely wasn't expecting them to beat the Patriots. The whole game I just kept waiting for the Patriots to take control of the game. The way they won was so awesome. The defense kicked their arrogant a**es ... and to think Brady was offended that Plex predicted that the Pats would only score 17 points. It turns out Plex was giving them too much credit and made the winning catch to boot.

How bout them Giants!!

Wow, that was just sick. I don't think I will sleep tonight since I am still too jacked up. All I wanted was a Giants / Cowboys rematch and for the Giants to take out the Boys. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought this team could have went all the way. I definitely wasn't expecting them to beat the Patriots. The whole game I just kept waiting for the Patriots to take control of the game. The way they won was so awesome. The defense kicked their arrogant a**es ... and to think Brady was offended that Plex predicted that the Pats would only score 17 points. It turns out Plex was giving them too much credit and made the winning catch to boot.

How bout them Giants!!

CONGRATS HOOK'EM!!!!!!!!!!

yep had a field goal that they should have tried instead of going for it on 4th down. Mike Martzish type coaching there

YOU ALWAYS TAKE THE POINTS!!!!

what a bad call there, i was so suprised they did that, what an arrogant move only pats and jags would pull that crap...

How the Giants OL never held on the play is beyond me. 1:14 left in the game, 3rd and 5- down by 4.....what a great effort by ELI and a heck of a throw/catch!!!

I hope our D can step up like that too. I would love to see it. This is what happens when you have two dominating pass rushers.

This is what I was thinking all game. The Giants IMO had the best shot at beating the Pats because they have the best DL and had been dominant all season long. Gotta pressure Brady. We saw that today and that's the biggest reason why the Giants were in it and won it.

Kinda cool when you think about it... Texans are being built to be very similar. 1 pass rushing DE away from our secondary looking good!

How the Giants OL never held on the play is beyond me. 1:14 left in the game, 3rd and 5- down by 4.....what a great effort by ELI and a heck of a throw/catch!!!

This is what I was thinking all game. The Giants IMO had the best shot at beating the Pats because they have the best DL and had been dominant all season long. Gotta pressure Brady. We saw that today and that's the biggest reason why the Giants were in it and won it.

Kinda cool when you think about it... Texans are being built to be very similar. 1 pass rushing DE away from our secondary looking good!

nice that the ref didnt call some kind of forward motion call either, and about the second comment.......yep

Somehow, this seemed appropriate.

The outlook wasn't brilliant for the Mudville nine that day;
The score stood four to two, with but one inning more to play,
And then when Cooney died at first, and Barrows did the same,
A pall-like silence fell upon the patrons of the game.

A straggling few got up to go in deep despair. The rest
Clung to that hope which springs eternal in the human breast;
They thought, "If only Casey could but get a whack at that —
We'd put up even money now, with Casey at the bat."

But Flynn preceded Casey, as did also Jimmy Blake,
And the former was a hoodoo, while the latter was a cake;
So upon that stricken multitude grim melancholy sat;
For there seemed but little chance of Casey getting to the bat.

But Flynn let drive a single, to the wonderment of all,
And Blake, the much despised, tore the cover off the ball;
And when the dust had lifted, and men saw what had occurred,
There was Jimmy safe at second and Flynn a-hugging third.

Then from five thousand throats and more there rose a lusty yell;
It rumbled through the valley, it rattled in the dell;
It pounded on the mountain and recoiled upon the flat,
For Casey, mighty Casey, was advancing to the bat.

There was ease in Casey's manner as he stepped into his place;
There was pride in Casey's bearing and a smile lit Casey's face.
And when, responding to the cheers, he lightly doffed his hat,
No stranger in the crowd could doubt 'twas Casey at the bat.

Ten thousand eyes were on him as he rubbed his hands with dirt.
Five thousand tongues applauded when he wiped them on his shirt.
Then while the writhing pitcher ground the ball into his hip,
Defiance flashed in Casey's eye, a sneer curled Casey's lip.

And now the leather-covered sphere came hurtling through the air,
And Casey stood a-watching it in haughty grandeur there.
Close by the sturdy batsman the ball unheeded sped —
"That ain't my style," said Casey. "Strike one!" the umpire said.

From the benches, black with people, there went up a muffled roar,
Like the beating of the storm-waves on a stern and distant shore;
"Kill him! Kill the umpire!" shouted some one on the stand;
And it's likely they'd have killed him had not Casey raised his hand.

With a smile of Christian charity great Casey's visage shone;
He stilled the rising tumult; he bade the game go on;
He signaled to the pitcher, and once more the dun sphere flew;
But Casey still ignored it, and the umpire said "Strike two!"

"Fraud!" cried the maddened thousands, and echo answered "Fraud!"
But one scornful look from Casey and the audience was awed.
They saw his face grow stern and cold, they saw his muscles strain,
And they knew that Casey wouldn't let that ball go by again.

The sneer has fled from Casey's lip, the teeth are clenched in hate;
He pounds with cruel violence his bat upon the plate.
And now the pitcher holds the ball, and now he lets it go,
And now the air is shattered by the force of Casey's blow.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville — mighty Casey has struck out.

LOL, they won the SB dogg, beat the "best team ever" in the biggest game ever...

edit: but i dont wanna get into that, so if you choose to counter, i wont responde to it out of rspect for the G-Men!!!!

I acknowledged as much. My point was that I thought that the Cowboys were the better team during the season in the division, but didn't step up to the plate when it matters the most. Aye, the Patriots were the better team all season long, but didn't step up to the plate when it matter the most. Do I hate, heck no, we didn't close, so get behind the team that did. The best thing for my team, now is learn from what wasn't done this year and try to build for the upcoming season. Again -- Congrats to the G-Men.

Sometimes these coaches get a little too cocky and arrogant and do the stupid thing. It's a 48 yard FG in a stadium with a roof, your kicker has hit from 52, kick the damn field goal. I said the same thing when Dungy tried to get cute in their loss to the Chargers, when they lined up to go for it on 4th and 1, and instead got the penalty and Vinateri ended up missing the fg.

Sometimes these coaches get a little too cocky and arrogant and do the stupid thing. It's a 48 yard FG in a stadium with a roof, your kicker has hit from 52, kick the damn field goal. I said the same thing when Dungy tried to get cute in their loss to the Chargers, when they lined up to go for it on 4th and 1, and instead got the penalty and Vinateri ended up missing the fg.

Them not going for the FG just showed their arrogance.

Very entertaining game, especially the 4th quarter. But I'm glad it's over and I'll be sure not to watch ESPN for at least a week. The New York/Boston, Brady/Belichick, Manning/Manning, '72 Dolphins/ Perfection narrative is nauseating.

Is anyone else thinking the Texans should draft another d-lineman? I'd welcome it. The Giants sold me.

If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

On more than one occasion this year, Bill Belichick and the Patriots have run up the score on an overmatched opponent, and forced an opposing coach to sit there and watch his beaten team go through the motions while their heineys were being handed to them.

But when the shoe's on the other foot, and Bill Belichick's team has been beaten, he can't sit there and take the pain for a few seconds.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nf...lt=AumG6E0a4c4b7mxnMwZMqyJDubYF?urn=nfl,64971

Back