SUPER BOWL LVII

Who you got?

• Chiefs

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Eagles

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's not really correct..........he said "I was hoping they would let it slide.” ................just like the refs have done on a myriad of even overtly gross holding, PI, tripping, unnecessary roughness, illegal contact call to mention a few.

end of the day...he conceded the holding

i found his postgame comments unusual
1676348202416.png

He was voluntarily overly honest without needing to be . I can assure you that most players would never put forth that they caused a grossly overlooked/missed poor call such as a helmet to helmet when it was not called.

Can't be critical of the NFL or refs without getting in trouble. He said what he said likely to avoid getting a fine. But a "no comment" would've sufficed as well.

That's not really correct..........he said "I was hoping they would let it slide.” ................just like the refs have done on a myriad of even overtly gross holding, PI, tripping, unnecessary roughness, illegal contact call to mention a few.

This is the part folks don't understand.

Defensive players already complain that the the rules are slanted more towards the offense & the NFL did nothing to change that perception in this game. All defensive guys can really lean on is the hope that refs will be consistent in how they let the game play out once it starts & you can't change that in the middle of the game let alone the last 2-3 minutes of a tightly contested championship game. Yes it was technically a hold.....Yes KC likely still would've scored a FG...Yes KC probably still would've won it too on that FG. But with the odds still very much in their favor, swallowing your whistle there would've put the pressure on KC then. Huge difference between the 11 seconds Philly had left after all that vs the nearly 2 minutes that was on the clock when that call happened. & In a tied game with a 4th and 8 do you then go for it and effectively seal the game on a conversion & THEN proceed to run the clock down before the game winning FG? or do you go ahead take the points and give it back to Philly & hope your defense stops them in essentially a 2 minute drill/offensive situation? All that got taken away b/c the ref decided to change the tenor of how the game had been played at the most critical moment up to that point. Garbage.

The refs and the NFL blew it so badly its not even close here.

Can't be critical of the NFL or refs without getting in trouble. He said what he said likely to avoid getting a fine. But a "no comment" would've sufficed as well.

This is the part folks don't understand.

Defensive players already complain that the the rules are slanted more towards the offense & the NFL did nothing to change that perception in this game. All defensive guys can really lean on is the hope that refs will be consistent in how they let the game play out once it starts & you can't change that in the middle of the game let alone the last 2-3 minutes of a tightly contested championship game. Yes it was technically a hold.....Yes KC likely still would've scored a FG...Yes KC probably still would've won it too on that FG. But with the odds still very much in their favor, swallowing your whistle there would've put the pressure on KC then. Huge difference between the 11 seconds Philly had left after all that vs the nearly 2 minutes that was on the clock when that call happened. & In a tied game with a 4th and 8 do you then go for it and effectively seal the game on a conversion & THEN proceed to run the clock down before the game winning FG? or do you go ahead take the points and give it back to Philly & hope your defense stops them in essentially a 2 minute drill/offensive situation? All that got taken away b/c the ref decided to change the tenor of how the game had been played at the most critical moment up to that point. Garbage.

The refs and the NFL blew it so badly its not even close here.
I've gone back and reviewed the Bradburry holding play. The quick shirt grab had Zero affect on the receiver's route..............and there was no doubt that the ball was uncatchable..................10 ft over the receiver's head. A terrible tick tack call, especially in the last moments of a SuperBowl. The refs and Goodell are the ones that should have made admissions.

I've gone back and reviewed the Bradburry holding play. The quick shirt grab had Zero affect on the receiver's route..............and there was no doubt that the ball was uncatchable..................10 ft over the receiver's head. A terrible tick tack call, especially in the last moments of a SuperBowl. The refs and Goodell are the ones that should have made admissions.

Arizonagate. We’ll never know but always suspect:shades:

As i said on twitter, i saw Sauce Gardner get away with way more contact and holding than that all season.

bottom line is once you set the tone as a ref, you gotta stick with it throughout the game for the sake of the defense. They rely HEAVILY on that.

Back