SUPER BOWL LVII

Who you got?

• Chiefs

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Eagles

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can’t tell me the refs don’t have the chiefs to win the game after that call
What about the call that nullified a Chiefs fumble return TD, but the receiver didn't "complete the caltch". Or the Chiefs lost challenge on Goedert's 3rd & 14 "catch" when his left foot never was in bounds as he was juggling the ball against his helmet?

All questionable calls. But the NFL is rigged. Come on.

What about the call that nullified a Chiefs fumble return TD, but the receiver didn't "complete the caltch". Or the Chiefs lost challenge on Goedert's 3rd & 14 "catch" when his left foot never was in bounds as he was juggling the ball against his helmet?

All questionable calls. But the NFL is rigged. Come on.

those weren’t questionable. goedert’s left foot was still on the ground when he regained control.

and by the rule of a “football move” the rb didnt make one thereby ypu can’t say he had full possession.

Besides that, you’re leaving out the devontae smith catch that they overturned at the end of the 1st half. Forced the eagles to settle for a fg…they were headed in for a TD .

this SB was one of the worst reffed games ive ever seen. You just cannot make that ticky tack call at that point in the game.

**** was horrible.

those weren’t questionable. goedert’s left foot was still on the ground when he regained control.
It was off the ground when the ball stopped moving. But if the game was rigged for the Chiefs, it would have been overturned.

Besides that, you’re leaving out the devontae smith catch that they overturned at the end of the 1st half. Forced the eagles to settle for a fg…they were headed in for a TD .
That was clearly a no catch. But I'm not the one calling the game rigged.

Poorly officiated? Every game has questionable calls. Every regular season game. Every playoff game. There's never been a NFL game that was perfectly officiated. Doesn't make any of them "rigged".

Got to give it to both teams, what they accomplished and evolved into props. Chiefs draft and reassembly after Tyreek Hill Trade & Eagles plucking absolute gems off other teams rosters. Refs aside, this game was a reflection how to manage a roster, embrace concepts and be the best you can be :trophy:

It was off the ground when the ball stopped moving. But if the game was rigged for the Chiefs, it would have been overturned.

That was clearly a no catch. But I'm not the one calling the game rigged.

Poorly officiated? Every game has questionable calls. Every regular season game. Every playoff game. There's never been a NFL game that was perfectly officiated. Doesn't make any of them "rigged".

his foot was not off the ground. It was still on the ground…

Devontae’s Smith’s knee hit out before he actually hit the ground with the ball..should’ve been ruled a catch but was overturned.

and im not saying it was rigged…just very poorly reffed. Holfing happens every play, and you cant call that ticky tack crap at that point in the game. Ju ju was notgetting to that ball period. His movement wasn’t restricted at all. That 1 play decided the game.

absolutely terrible game.

Interesting! :hmmm: Well, if anyone could break the trend, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Mahomes and Andy Reid.

So, if the Chiefs win, it'll be updated no QB making 18% of the team's salary cap has ever won a Super Bowl. ;)

Some just dont like the fact that the % of the cap the QB takes up directly corrolates to winning championship and yes Reid/Mahomes are outliers.

I know he's a tough SOB, but something worked
Without his adrenaline-fired body, the combination of adjunct named "fixes" can only help a little. Even with a hyped up body, his performance would have been unexpected. I bet that the NFL had no and has no intention of testing Mahomes for prohibited substances. :tiphat:

Reactions: JB
A Super Bowl being decided by such a ticky tack call is very disappointing. I wanted to see if the Eagles could come back to tie or win.

One thing's for certain. That Eagles defense was trash in the second half.
Ticky tack indeed, especially when considering it was the end of the Super Bowl. There was also a helmet to helmet that should have been called against the Chiefs which was entirely overlooked and would have made a potential difference.

The problem with refs, in general, is that there's no consistency. This gets called but that doesn't. That makes it look worse than it is. There's got to be a way to get better at at least being consistent with calls. And the egregious calls and missed calls have got to be eliminated entirely. A pinky finger grazing a QB's helmet can not be called a PF. Nor can a normal tackle. That's the part that's gotten out of hand and does nothing but elevate conspiracy theories.

I don't believe the NFL is rigged. But that's not to say an individual or individuals might have a little extra incentive occasionally.

It just sucks that a call like the defensive holding is called when it was, on a play where the hold itself likely would have had very little impact, eliminate would could have been a great ending to a great game, and have us talking about the ******* refs instead. If Bradberry is ripping his jersey off, so be it. But there wasn't much there on that play, and considering other fouls that could have and probably should have been called in that game, they probably should have let that one go.

Instead, the refs are once again in the headlines as well as the conspiracy theorists. Of course we're talking about a league that doesn't even know what a catch is, so there's that.

A Super Bowl being decided by such a ticky tack call is very disappointing. I wanted to see if the Eagles could come back to tie or win.

One thing's for certain. That Eagles defense was trash in the second half.

You guys know that the DB already told the press he was guilty of grabbing the jersey….he had hoped the refs would miss it, but they didn’t.

If the Eagles had won, it would’ve been Chiefs fans complaining about the officiating and the missed call costing them the game.

Here is the deal...
63 pass plays BEFORE the defensive holding call. Do you know how many defensive holding and or interference calls were made to that point? Yep, you guessed it, ZERO! Did Bradbury grab/hold the guy? Sure he did. But that crap goes on the entire game. I have no issue with the call, it was holding. I have issue with the refs calling it at that time in the game. Damn near assuring the Chiefs win. Just not a good look for the NFL.

And one other thing I'd like to point out. The Chiefs had ZERO penalties called on them in the 4th Q. Seriously?? When everyone agrees that an Offensive holding call could be flagged on EVERY play, the Chiefs have ZERO penalties in the 4th Q?? I'm really not buying that.

The Eagles defense was garbage the second half. But that penalty was just not right at that point in the game.

You guys know that the DB already told the press he was guilty of grabbing the jersey….he had hoped the refs would miss it, but they didn’t.

If the Eagles had won, it would’ve been Chiefs fans complaining about the officiating and the missed call costing them the game.
He was voluntarily overly honest without needing to be . I can assure you that most players would never put forth that they caused a grossly overlooked/missed poor call such as a helmet to helmet when it was not called.

That's not really correct..........he said "I was hoping they would let it slide.” ................just like the refs have done on a myriad of even overtly gross holding, PI, tripping, unnecessary roughness, illegal contact call to mention a few.

Last edited:
Got to give it to both teams, what they accomplished and evolved into props. Chiefs draft and reassembly after Tyreek Hill Trade & Eagles plucking absolute gems off other teams rosters. Refs aside, this game was a reflection how to manage a roster, embrace concepts and be the best you can be :trophy:
Eh…

The Eagles OL delivered as expected. The DL, not so much. They were hardly a factor. I was very disappointed.

I have new found respect for Mahomes. True heart of a champion. Andy Reid, genius.

Back