Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

State of the Black QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Say that sht agin.... c'mon, I dare you

Man the only thing worst than the NFL is the NCAA. Gazillions made and pennies paid out. And the NFL is tax exempt lol

I will always support a player in a hold out. Even if the player is has no business holding out.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
AGAIN, What country are you living in? Racism is ALIVE and WELL in the USA. Just look at the actions of the occupant of the White House.

Many see color before QB.

The America I live in …. I'm a minority , my wife is mulato , my kids are Heinz 57.
I ran my own business and retired in 2004 , my oldest son isn't 21 and makes $80k as an insurance executive while going to school full time , my middle kid has had his own business since he was 12.

Our lives are pretty damn peachy ….

Racism exists , yes. But more often than not people make more out of it than is actually there. We live in a world where anyone can succeed.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The America I live in …. I'm a minority , my wife is mulato , my kids are Heinz 57.
I ran my own business and retired in 2004 , my oldest son isn't 21 and makes $80k as an insurance executive while going to school full time , my middle kid has had his own business since he was 12.

Racism exists , yes. But more often than not people make more out of it than is actually there. We live in a world where anyone can succeed.
I just wanted to add you've done an awesome job with your kids.

You should be so proud.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
From what I’ve observed in Spain you are correct. It seems like there is a segment of American society that wants there to be more racism than there actually is, even to the point of actually fabricating it. It’s like they want it just so that they can be against it to make themselves look better.

It reminds me of a fireman that’s wanting there to be fires. Even going as far to commit arson so that he can go put it out to be a hero.
There's money to be made in promoting racism.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You guys are a trip. A black qb or a white qb. Who cares. Real question is black and white coaches. Black and white GMs. Black and white owners. Players are just cotton pickers.

And you know it.......
My dad who is a white guy would be offended.

He grew up on a farm picking cotton.

I got lucky, I just had to load/unload feed/haul hay/fix fence etc...

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
This is a typical racism thread lead by the racist sports organizations that promote racism daily on ESPN and Fox Sports.

They try to keep racism alive by bringing up black coaches and black QB's constantly in order to create division and controversial stories. If you notice its always the typical leftists that squawk about this subject every year all because a super athletic black QB who is more of a scrambler gets his skill set questioned at the next level.

We don't ever hear this crap about white QB's who are told to change positions because they likely can't make it at the next level at QB. Only the complete idiots believe in their minds that this only happens to black QB's. Matt Jones, Eric Crouch, Danny Etling, Julian Edelman, and so many countless white QB's have had to do the same thing. Also first round picks like Manziel, Tebow, Locker, Bortles and countless others have had their intelligence highly questioned just like many other black QB's in the first round. You just don't hear the stories from the media every time it does. These are just brainwashed idiots looking to clutch onto the race card as usual and ignoring the facts. But most of you want racism alive any way, so that's nothing new.

Its no surprise at all that guys like Antonio Brown scream out that the league is racist every time something doesn't go their way.

Article below shows plenty of other examples of the media's double standard of how they report this. White QB's having their intelligence questioned just isn't news to MSM.

Last edited:

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
This is a typical racism thread lead by the racist sports organizations that promote racism daily on ESPN and Fox Sports.

They try to keep racism alive by bringing up black coaches and black QB's constantly in order to create division and controversial stories. If you notice its always the typical leftists that squawk about this subject every year all because a super athletic black QB who is more of a scrambler gets his skill set questioned at the next level.

We don't ever hear this crap about white QB's who are told to change positions because they likely can't make it at the next level at QB. Only the complete idiots believe in their minds that this only happens to black QB's. Matt Jones, Eric Crouch, Danny Etling, Julian Edelman, and so many countless white QB's have had to do the same thing. Also first round picks like Manziel, Tebow, Locker, Bortles and countless others have had their intelligence highly questioned just like many other black QB's in the first round. You just don't hear the stories from the media every time it does. These are just brainwashed idiots looking to clutch onto the race card as usual and ignoring the facts. But most of you want racism alive any way, so that's nothing new.

Its no surprise at all that guys like Antonio Brown scream out that the league is racist every time something doesn't go their way.

Article below shows plenty of other examples of the media's double standard of how they report this. White QB's having their intelligence questioned just isn't news to MSM.

Let me simplify this whole thing into one word.

Sensationalism … it gets peoples attention. It drives clicks and derives a response from both sides.

The media has a dog in this race .... their bottom line.

Talking about these guys as QB's on their own merit just doesn't grab everyone's attention - only the fans of those few teams like the Texans and Ravens but you interject race into the conversation and it gets fans (and some non fans) of the entire league talking , clicking their links and listening to their talking heads.

This crap will stop when it doesn't generate the results …. Or when one of these young players comes out and asks - Why cant I just be a QB instead of a black QB ? Why does my race matter ? Lets play some football ….

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Let me simplify this whole thing into one word.

Sensationalism … it gets peoples attention. It drives clicks and derives a response from both sides.

The media has a dog in this race .... their bottom line.

Talking about these guys as QB's on their own merit just doesn't grab everyone's attention - only the fans of those few teams like the Texans and Ravens but you interject race into the conversation and it gets fans (and some non fans) of the entire league talking , clicking their links and listening to their talking heads.

This crap will stop when it doesn't generate the results …. Or when one of these young players comes out and asks - Why cant I just be a QB instead of a black QB ? Why does my race matter ? Lets play some football ….
If it was simply all about clicks, then they'd bring up the same controversy for the white QB's that go through the same scrutiny. Clay Travis makes jokes about this on Outkick all of the time. I get your point about what sells, but controversy on both sides sells. When you give a false perception and fail to provide the data on the other side of it over a long period of time that's an agenda. Remember the MSM of sports is ESPN and Fox Sports and the other media outlets trickle down and piggy back off their stories. Disney promotes the hell out of racial divide topics. Just look at every network they own or have bought in the last 20 years and the transitions that have gone with it.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

I don't think its "make more out of it than is actually there" is right...Its more of "those people who let racism stop them" it gets in their heads & the minute something doesn't go their way that's their go to. Gotta learn to put the B.S. to the side and focus on the macro picture.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
If it was simply all about clicks, then they'd bring up the same controversy for the white QB's that go through the same scrutiny. Clay Travis makes jokes about this on Outkick all of the time. I get your point about what sells, but controversy on both sides sells. When you give a false perception and fail to provide the data on the other side of it over a long period of time that's an agenda. Remember the MSM of sports is ESPN and Fox Sports and the other media outlets trickle down and piggy back off their stories. Disney promotes the hell out of racial divide topics. Just look at every network they own or have bought in the last 20 years and the transitions that have gone with it.
This has been your schtick for a long time when it comes to anything race related. "Oh, it's overblown b/c of the MSN media!....." Not always the case dude. Just b/c you say it's all media-driven b/c its not as prevalent in your circles doesn't mean that there isn't something there. As i stated up thread, the NFL is the only league of the 4 majors that felt they had to institute a damn rule for black assistant HC to get interviews for HC positions. Just based off this alone, it is not at all far-fetched to think that these same powers that be have less than desirable views on wanting a black qb as the face of their franchise.

But green rules everything with the owners & I just think that where the league is headed....& has been for some time, The Wilson & Watson level talents are forcing their hands. You simply can't pass on those levels of talents if you want to win anymore like you probably could do just 20-25 years ago.

I get it, more progressive people don't want race to be part of the narrative of anything, especially the things that they turn to get away from the b.s. like sports, but it will be as long as you have the media, idiots like that clown in Onalaska last year that commented on DW4......& dumbasses like Donald Sterling that hold/held positions of power.

Last edited:

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
This has been your schtick for a long time when it comes to anything race related. "Oh, it's overblown b/c of the MSN media!....." Not always the case dude. Just b/c you say it's all media-driven b/c its not as prevalent in your circles doesn't mean that there isn't something there. As i stated up thread, the NFL is the only league of the 4 majors that felt they had to institute a damn rule for black assistant HC to get interviews for HC positions. Just based off this alone, it is not at all far-fetched to think that these same powers that be have less than desirable views on wanting a black qb as the face of their franchise.

But green rules everything with the owners & I just think that where the league is headed....& has been for some time, The Wilson & Watson level talents are forcing their hands. You simply can't pass on those levels of talents if you want to win anymore like you probably could do just 20-25 years ago.

I get it, more progressive people don't want race to be part of the narrative of anything, especially the things that they turn to get away from the b.s. like sports, but it will be as long as you have the media, idiots like that clown in Onalaska last year that commented on DW4......& dumbasses like Donald Sterling that hold/held positions of power.
I didn't give schitick. I gave facts and provided examples. Examples you conveniently ignored, because they conflict with this entire premise. When you're afraid to face the conflicting data and ignore it, it exposes it as fake news.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I didn't give schitick. I gave facts and provided examples. Examples you conveniently ignored, because they conflict with this entire premise. When you're afraid to face the conflicting data and ignore it, it exposes it as fake news.
The Rooney rule doesn't conflict with my premise...Neither does your boy in Onalaska's comments on DW4 just last year. You act like racism is grounded in any semblance of empirical data and/or facts when in fact it is not...it's actually based on the opposite, ignorance. If it were based on actual facts & people actually paid attention to those facts, then it probably wouldn't be a thing now would it?

But as usual, you're too busy patting yourself on the back to understand the difference...So carry on with your schtick, this board wouldn't be the same without you trying to downplay significant social issues as being part of the left anyway.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
The Rooney rule doesn't conflict with my premise...Neither does your boy in Onalaska's comments on DW4 just last year. You act like racism is grounded in any semblance of empirical data and/or facts when in fact it is not...it's actually based on the opposite, ignorance. If it were based on actual facts & people actually paid attention to those facts, then it probably wouldn't be a thing now would it?

But as usual, you're too busy patting yourself on the back to understand the difference...So carry on with your schtick, this board wouldn't be the same without you trying to downplay significant social issues as being part of the left anyway.
Two posts now, and you're still avoiding the examples provided that went against your thread theory and the media's lies.

Until you do that, it just exposes you and this thread as a fraud.

White QB's face the "exact types of scrutiny."

(Hilarious how you tried to switch over to coaches now instead of the issue of QB's.) Typical of people who present political narratives instead of facts.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Two posts now, and you're still avoiding the examples provided that went against your thread theory and the media's lies.

Until you do that, it just exposes you and this thread as a fraud.

White QB's face the "exact types of scrutiny."

(Hilarious how you tried to switch over to coaches now instead of the issue of QB's.) Typical of people who present political narratives instead of facts.
Lol, the only fraud is you. You're the only one in this entire thread who refuses to even acknowledge that there actually is & has been a difference. Again, i'm not really surprised...This is your schtick.

Your "examples" and "facts" amount to little more than exception, not the rule, a type of logic that you specialize in.

Its funny too b/c this is 2 posts of yours now where you still fail to comprehend the macro discussion. Noone's trying to "switch" over to anything. The Rooney rule is an admission by the NFL itself that they know there are systemic & racism issues there & Its pretty clear to everyone except you that there is a different type of scrutiny placed on black qbs both in the NFL and society as a whole........ But by all means continue to expose how clueless you are.

Instead of trying to sidetrack the thread with you typical drivel, why don't you try to listen to the guys in the video & their perspective on the matter.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Lol, the only fraud is you. You're the only one in this entire thread who refuses to even acknowledge that there actually is & has been a difference. Again, i'm not really surprised...This is your schtick.

Your "examples" and "facts" amount to little more than exception, not the rule, a type of logic that you specialize in.

Its funny too b/c this is 2 posts of yours now where you still fail to comprehend the macro discussion. Noone's trying to "switch" over to anything. The Rooney rule is an admission by the NFL itself that they know there are systemic & racism issues there & Its pretty clear to everyone except you that there is a different type of scrutiny placed on black qbs both in the NFL and society as a whole........ But by all means continue to expose how clueless you are.

Instead of trying to sidetrack the thread with you typical drivel, why don't you try to listen to the guys in the video & their perspective on the matter.
Three posts now, and you still can't address the actual facts. I already proved that your premise is wrong with examples. Address them. What are you afraid of?

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Three posts now, and you still can't address the actual facts. I already proved that your premise is wrong with examples. Address them. What are you afraid of?
Nothing to be afraid of. Your cherry picked "examples" pale in comparison to actual empirical studies done on this subject. Just admit, you're out of your depth and move on buddy.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Nothing to be afraid of. Your cherry picked "examples" pale in comparison to actual empirical studies done on this subject. Just admit, you're out of your depth and move on buddy.
4 posts now, and all you've repeated is personal statements towards me and not the information and examples provided that goes against your case.

Address the content, not me.

Matt Jones, Eric Crouch, Danny Etling, Julian Edelman, and so many countless white QB's have had to do the same thing. Also first round picks like Manziel, Tebow, Locker, Bortles and countless others have had their intelligence highly questioned just like many other black QB's in the first round.

Last edited:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
4 posts now, and all you've repeated is personal statements towards me and not the information and examples provided that goes against your case.

Address the content, not me.
I have addressed the content with my own content.

https://phys.org/news/2017-08-racial-stereotypes-perception-nfl-quarterbacks.html

https://theundefeated.com/features/implicit-bias-and-the-nfl-draft/

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/sep/20/black-quarterbacks-history-stereotypes

Educate yourself dude.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Some people are worthy of the ignore function. I been used it on that dude.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
So your response is to deflect with information that has nothing to do with the facts that I posted about actual players who switched positions and fought tons of public scrutiny and not even to address those specific examples? Just write them off and act like they don't exist huh?

My work here is done until you're able to acknowledge and face the actual facts. :)

That was easy.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
So your response is to deflect with information that has nothing to do with the facts that I posted about actual players who switched positions and fought tons of public scrutiny and not even to address those specific examples? Just write them off and act like they don't exist huh?

My work here is done until you're able to acknowledge and face the actual facts. :)

That was easy.
Lol, Obviously you didn't read a lick of any of that..& I knew you wouldn't b/c it doesn't like up with your 1 tweet with cherry picked examples....You're right though, you need to move around out of the thread..lol

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
I’m locking this thread. It’s turned into a Spin Zone thread.

BTW, it’s great to see that the black QB is the norm now and most don’t look at color anymore.

One last shout out to my personal favorite QB of all time. It was just a shame that Hugh Culverhouse was too cheap to pay him and let him escape to the USFL. If the Bucs would have kept him around through the 80's his career and the Bucs would have been better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.