Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

SO the Texans are in first place in the division....

does anyone think no matter who is playing Luck or matt the Colts will Lose in Jaxsville and Miami...?????
I can see every scenario including a sweep, a split and getting swept for them. SO I guess that means No. I have to wait and see how the games turns out.

does anyone think no matter who is playing Luck or matt the Colts will Lose in Jaxsville and Miami...?????

"Sounds" like the Jags aren't giving up on the season, so if they're just playing spoiler, they're going to give the Colts a game.

Miami, I'm not too sure about.

Just ran it with texans losing to the Pats and then winning out. Colts only loss was to the texans.

texans won division.

Yes based on strength of victory... but if the bengals lost in weeks 15 & 16 the Texans would miss the playoffs unless Denver also lost week 15

cdf35f045a3e0915fcf9f92a5793a9d61e8b231.jpg

That's with Houston losing to NE then winning out, Indy winning all but Houston.

The Saints winning an extra game tips the scale in Houston's favor.

It comes down to strength of victory so it all depends on what the other teams do...

cdf35f045a3e0915fcf9f92a5793a9d61e8b231.jpg

That's with Houston losing to NE then winning out, Indy winning all but Houston.

The Saints winning an extra game tips the scale in Houston's favor.
And that could be wrong
Losing to the Patriots removes an element of certainty just like any loss. But neither does it eliminate us with certainty. But winning out IS certain to get us in the playoffs..

And that could be wrong

The Bengals would have to lose to both the 49ers & the Broncos.

That's kind of like us hoping the Colts lose out.

(bite my tongue, they could lose to the 49ers, but it's not likely. We'll see after Sunday.)

The point is, the guy's tweet is not true. If the Texans lose to the Pats then win out, they do not control their own destiny. That's all I'm trying to say.

The hardest part in all of this, as always, is the Texans doing their part. Beating the Patriots who will be trying to avoid a 3rd loss in a row, something they haven't done since 2002, isn't going to be easy.

Then you've got to do something you've never done before - win in Indy.

I think I'll stay away from the playoff scenarios until after the Indy game.

The point is, the guy's tweet is not true. If the Texans lose to the Pats then win out, they do not control their own destiny. That's all I'm trying to say.

But that's not what the guy said. Brett said that if the Texans win out, it doesn't matter what the Colts do. And that's true. It matters what OTHER TEAMS do. The teams we beat have to win and the teams the Colts beat need to lose.

He could have said it more clearly, but the point was that if the Texans win out (after losing to the Patriots) and the Colts win out (except for Houston), then the tie-breakers for the Texans/Colts to win the division boils down to strictly what other teams do.

Reactions: JB
But that's not what the guy said. Brett said that if the Texans win out, it doesn't matter what the Colts do. And that's true. It matters what OTHER TEAMS do. The teams we beat have to win and the teams the Colts beat need to lose.

He could have said it more clearly, but the point was that if the Texans win out (after losing to the Patriots) and the Colts win out (except for Houston), then the tie-breakers for the Texans/Colts to win the division boils down to strictly what other teams do.
Yeah, I think he left out a word in his original tweet, and it should have said the Texans can win the division regardless of what the Colts do. It's the likelier scenario, but not a given.

His final tweet (so far) on the issue:

Brett Kollmann ‏@BrettKollmann Dec 7
So, in essence, Texans fans need to root REALLY HARD for the Jets, Bengals, and Saints for the rest of the year in order to win the division

Well we win tonight and we will be all alone in first. Come on Texans the jags just really helped us out.
Just as well, can't see a way in by wildcard the way other results are going.

Don't think we'll beat the patriots, but a win in Indy should give us the AFC south title.

Indy is giving us every chance in the world to win the division. Every time we lose, they lose. Now we're playing the Pats and they have a chance to stretch the lead and they get blown out by the Jags.

All we have to do is beat them in Indy.

Indy is giving us every chance in the world to win the division. Every time we lose, they lose. Now we're playing the Pats and they have a chance to stretch the lead and they get blown out by the Jags.

All we have to do is beat them in Indy.
And beat Jacksonville & Tennessee. We shouldn't take those games for granted, especially since Jville just beat Indy.

Not lying, damn i wish we had taken Bortles. That guy is the real deal.

I'm not sure about that just yet.

But he certainly has the tools to be. And he'd be even further ahead right now if Jacksonville hadn't stunted his development last season.

Houston Texans fans get used to this here... this is your QB next year

13474186-standard.jpeg
I'm not getting my hopes up. Until the Texans actually take a QB, I'll expect something else. Because, we all know QB is not the most important position on the field... :sarcasm:

Nope. Thats not him, this is:

drew_brees.jpg

He may be sitting behind future Texans legend Drew Brees though

Sorry, he's not coming here

Why? If/when the Saints release him (they will be rebuilding and are in salary cap hell) this is his best option

1) Team has enough talent to compete NOW
2) Close to his home. Brees is a family guy and wouldn't have to uproot his family. 6 hour drive to New Orleans
3) Texans have the cap space

well this is the game for all the marbles Texans vs Colts

well its actually last week Texans vs Jags for all the marbles

Interesting topic came up with a group of friends after the Pats loss last night.

How do you think the Texans would do with the Pats 07 roster and our current coaching staff?

Raise your hand if you thought the Texans would be as good as the Patriots & Broncos in 2015.

Can someone please clarify where we stand now?

They kept on showing what an Indy win would mean for the playoffs, but not what a Texans win means.

Obviously win out and where in, other than that???

Can someone please clarify where we stand now?

They kept on showing what an Indy win would mean for the playoffs, but not what a Texans win means.

Obviously win out and where in, other than that???

Don't worry on Indy there imploding and will lose,to Miami next week kicking them out of the race

Idk if jags won,but they got to win out to get in

Back