Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Why would another team trade for Watson?
I dunno do you mean trade for him at this time given the mess he currently finds himself stuck in ?
With so much uncertainty outstanding about his future maybe a potential trading partner might think he could acquire DW4
at such a deep discount he might be willing to take on the risk ?

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Have a little hypothetical to provoke a little discussion here ?
Ok what would you accept from a trading partner right now before the 2021 Draft to be done with DW4 forever ?
If any team drafting in the top 10 offered us their 2021 first round pick along with their 2021 second round pick this year I'd say adios MoFo.
Short of that I'm sticking with it and see happens to DW4, and taking our chances to get more, maybe much later on, or maybe nothing ?

banned1976

sleeper mode
Ok what would you accept from a trading partner right now before the 2021 Draft to be done with DW4 forever ?
If any team drafting in the top 10 offered us their 2021 first round pick along with their 2021 second round pick this year I'd say adios MoFo.
Short of that I'm sticking with it and see happens to DW4, and taking our chances to get more, maybe much later on, or maybe nothing ?
First and foremost, I wouldn't trade him to these teams: the AFC South, New England.

Compensation for him starts at three 1st round picks, IMO. There are teams in need of a quarterback that could wait for Watson for a year if he's ineligible for 2021. The Jets are going to draft Zach Wislon so I doubt the Texans could get the maximum value from them. Carolina has signaled they're out on Watson.

The problem for Caserio is, he and the Texans took a hard stance in not even talking to teams about trading Watson before the sexual assault scandal blew up. So if they want to have a seat at the table and play this game, they would be coming from a position of weakness. At this point it would behoove the Texans to stand pat with Watson. Wait until the season has already started and hope that one of the teams that think they're ready to compete in 2021 suddenly find themselves desperate for a quarterback. Maybe Tua gets benched due to performance or injury related issues and Miami comes back into play.

The Texans still have another problem to contend with and that is Watson's no trade clause. If Watson has an ounce of common sense he'd waive that clause. The teams he wanted to go to before the scandal might not want him now.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Any like minded individuals here think that Watson is going to remain a Houston Texan for the remainder of his career? With the damage done and the publicized "Let Watson learn his lesson" coming from his own camp, it is easy for me to see Watson turning his back on his camp and looking to the Texans for support. I am beginning to think with DW4's trade value plummeting, Taylor may just be a stop gap QB while Watson deals with his legal issues and possible suspension. When he is cleared to play, I believe it will be in a Texans uni.

Watson and the Texans will walk off into the sunset together having wronged each other and survived.

On a side note. I think the Culley offense could fit Watson very well, and a Tandem of Watson (starter) and Taylor (backup) could be a good one.
You really think Janice McNair is down with the Oily Watson being the face of HER franchise?

Unfreaking believeable

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yes and I would trade him to whatever team gave me the most draft capital. In division/Pats/Cowboys etc....

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
First and foremost, I wouldn't trade him to these teams: the AFC South, New England.

Compensation for him starts at three 1st round picks, IMO. There are teams in need of a quarterback that could wait for Watson for a year if he's ineligible for 2021. The Jets are going to draft Zach Wislon so I doubt the Texans could get the maximum value from them. Carolina has signaled they're out on Watson.

The problem for Caserio is, he and the Texans took a hard stance in not even talking to teams about trading Watson before the sexual assault scandal blew up. So if they want to have a seat at the table and play this game, they would be coming from a position of weakness. At this point it would behoove the Texans to stand pat with Watson. Wait until the season has already started and hope that one of the teams that think they're ready to compete in 2021 suddenly find themselves desperate for a quarterback. Maybe Tua gets benched due to performance or injury related issues and Miami comes back into play.

The Texans still have another problem to contend with and that is Watson's no trade clause. If Watson has an ounce of common sense he'd waive that clause. The teams he wanted to go to before the scandal might not want him now.
Doubtful any team will have the cap space to make an in season trade.

Right now I think DW4's more concerned with a get out of jail card and probably another massage or 2 than his NTC.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

You make some very good points, very persuasive.
Good stuff !

Number19

Hall of Fame
Right now, as things stand, Watson is under contract to the Texans and will be fined if he doesn't participate in training camp or refuses to play games. OTA's, I think are voluntary, but a few are mandatory. Will his fines begin if he misses these?

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
You really think Janice McNair is down with the Oily Watson being the face of HER franchise?

Unfreaking believeable
I only know what I read here.....things like the McNairs are cheap.......the McNairs only care about profits........the McNairs are bumbling owners..........we will never win a championship with the McNairs as owners. Any of this sound familiar? Having received my Texans education on these boards, I am more apt to think Janice would offer to Oil Watson down with "cuck" Cal watching before she would trade him away.

texanhead08

All Pro
I only know what I read here.....things like the McNairs are cheap.......the McNairs only care about profits........the McNairs are bumbling owners..........we will never win a championship with the McNairs as owners. Any of this sound familiar? Having received my Texans education on these boards, I am more apt to think Janice would offer to Oil Watson down with "cuck" Cal watching before she would trade him away.
I doubt Janice knows what zipcode she lives in at this point.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Well its over guys n gals there is no way we trade him now our asset is on pause and well i guess we will have to wait till next year
I agree. Pre sexual allegations I had determined DW4's value to be worth 6000 trade value points. Today we don't even know if he will play in 2021. We also don't the mindset of Janice or the Texans. She might want him gone as quickly as it is feasibly possible. Like DW4, Janice may never want him to play in a Texans uniform again. If he does not play in 2021 then 2022 he will be traded. I'm afraid the value of trade will be much like the Hopkins trade. At this point, IMO we will be lucky if Texans get 3000 trade value points for DW4.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I agree. Pre sexual allegations I had determined DW4's value to be worth 6000 trade value points. Today we don't even know if he will play in 2021. We also don't the mindset of Janice or the Texans. She might want him gone as quickly as it is feasibly possible. Like DW4, Janice may never want him to play in a Texans uniform again. If he does not play in 2021 then 2022 he will be traded. I'm afraid the value of trade will be much like the Hopkins trade. At this point, IMO we will be lucky if Texans get 3000 trade value points for DW4.
This should be a given,

If this goes to trial, the Texans will be lucky to get two 1st rd picks for DW4. How much did the Eagles pay for Vick?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Watson deserves Philly fans. They'd crucify him for the BS he pulled in January with a trade demand (to his chosen team, of course) just 4 months after signing $111 million guaranteed.
And then they would scream he's a top three NFL QB like many here on this board when he wins the game.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I am all for Watson going to Philly. Would be a breath of fresh air to get him out of Houston, and would be fun to watch him smash Dallas twice a year.
If that's what it takes to get him out of Houston I'm on board.

If I was a Cowboys fan (My 2nd favorite team) DW4 joining Philly wouldn't worry me at all. Unless DW4 has become humbled and will start learning.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
and this current point i kinda hope watson himself changes his mind and wants to stay in houston

but the texans FO now is like should we trade him ..????

its like the tides have shifted

badboy

Hall of Fame
610 radio discussing that Watson is posting workout videos on Instagram again. First use of Instagram by him in a longtime supposedly. Is there any significance to that?

Texian

Hall of Fame
610 radio discussing that Watson is posting workout videos on Instagram again. First use of Instagram by him in a longtime supposedly. Is there any significance to that?
Probably not. If you're a guitar player you will play the guitar multiple times a week. If you're a golfer you hit balls several times a week. If you're a football player you workout several times a week. Significance of posting on Instagram is he's auditioning much like an actor auditioning for a part.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
Probably not. If you're a guitar player you will play the guitar multiple times a week. If you're a golfer you hit balls several times a week. If you're a football player you work several times a week. Significance of posting on Instagram is he's auditioning much like an actor auditioning for a part.
I understand that and agree. However the opposite to this that Lopez and Landry were discussing using your example as a golfer: you have been told by your attorney not to pick up a golf club or step on a golf course for any reason. Instagramming pictures of you Being on the golf course got you into the scenario that DeShaun Watson finds himself in today.

After not being allowed to Instagram pictures using your clubs or get on a green 4 a very long time and then today you start instagramming pictures of you on the golf course.

Something has changed.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I understand that and agree. However the opposite to this that Lopez and Landry were discussing using your example as a golfer: you have been told by your attorney not to pick up a golf club or step on a golf course for any reason. Instagramming pictures of you Being on the golf course got you into the scenario that DeShaun Watson finds himself in today.

After not being allowed to Instagram pictures using your clubs or get on a green 4 a very long time and then today you start instagramming pictures of you on the golf course.

Something has changed.

Do he have on any Texans apparel?

badboy

Hall of Fame
For discussion would a team offer more this year to lock in and beat out another team next year?

Denver: Quin Meinerz + Jerry Jeudy + Patrick Sustain + round one.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Not only should they trade DW4,

They should've traded him before he even requested a trade, the Hopkins mess was a sign. But hey, the McNair's chose $$$$ and marketing (Shocking) over doing the right thing and it bit them in the butt. Hopefully Janice/Cal learned something.

badboy

Hall of Fame
When Denver drafted it was like they had the Texans in mind, receiver, corner, and guard. Feels like players in deal are 2 rd1 and a rd2, plus a rd1, yeah, we should take that deal if offered
Prior to the reveal, we were talking about two firsts plus two seconds and perhaps a veteran or two.

Jeudy is the vet of one season and had a good if not great rookie season. Corner Surtain resolves hole across from Roby. Meinerz a third rounder who started at left guard 29 games 2018 and 2019.

A vet, a 2021 1st and a 3rd plus a probable late 2022 1st.
Seems reasonable to me with Denver seemingly missing out on Rogers. Denver has heard the rumors about Philly having three round ones in 2022 and Broncos need to step up if they want to be in the mix.

As I have noted before, even if Watson is out for 2021 a team might want to lock him in as there would be no cost to them having him on the roster this season.

Historical note when I mocked Jeudy I compared his play style to Andre Johnson and ceedee lamb's to DeAndre Hopkins.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
For discussion would a team offer more this year to lock in and beat out another team next year?

Denver: Quin Meinerz + Jerry Jeudy + Patrick Sustain + round one.
I have wondered that and is it possible that Watson’s value would go down as the year passes.

You have a player that has lacked the common sense he was born with. With all the free time that he will have by not playing in the NFL he is more likely to get into more trouble than stay out of it.

I cut ties as soon as possible if I could get the right price rather than waiting for the highest bidder.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I have wondered that and is it possible that Watson’s value would go down as the year passes.

You have a player that has lacked the common sense he was born with. With all the free time that he will have by not playing in the NFL he is more likely to get into more trouble than stay out of it.

I cut ties as soon as possible if I could get the right price rather than waiting for the highest bidder.
I do not see DW's on the field skills reducing if he does not play this season. I am hoping that the costs of Cash Plus lack of playing games plus ridicule will correct some of his off-the-field behavior. I too would prefer to grab the deal now and have it in my pocket rather than hope for something to happen in the next off season. To do that for me would require players now that are better than 'very good' such as Judy and Patrick Surtain. Surtain on roster today over a possibility of a Derek Stingley in next draft.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I do not see DW's on the field skills reducing if he does not play this season. I am hoping that the costs of Cash Plus lack of playing games plus ridicule will correct some of his off-the-field behavior. I too would prefer to grab the deal now and have it in my pocket rather than hope for something to happen in the next off season. To do that for me would require players now that are better than 'very good' such as Judy and Patrick Surtain. Surtain on roster today over a possibility of a Derek Stingley in next draft.
So a team is going to give up all of that for a perv, not knowing if he's going to do jail time and knowing he certainly will be suspended for a long period of time when the case is finally resolved. Which by looking at the court docket will be after the 2022 draft at the earliest. This means DW4 will be lucky to play the 2023 season at the earliest. Probably more like the 2024 season after he serves his suspension.

This doesn't even take into account that the new franchise that DW4's traded to is making a perv the face of their franchise. DW4 screwed the Texans so bad. But hey, Cal is getting what he deserves for getting into bed with this POS.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Not only should they trade DW4,

They should've traded him before he even requested a trade, the Hopkins mess was a sign. But hey, the McNair's chose $$$$ and marketing (Shocking) over doing the right thing and it bit them in the butt. Hopefully Janice/Cal learned something.

has they said trade when the value in return is the highest not when the value in return is the lowest ..to late now

hopefully cal and janice learned a lesson on all this ....like u said