Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the next trade we will hear about is the Lions. Goff and several 1s. Their picks would not be high but they are making an offer

Give me Bosa and Warner, both of those guys could solve alot of issues on the defense and Warner is injury free. Kittle not so much.
So we do that and end up with pick 13. Do you take Fields there if available? He’s a Watson clone. Or build a solid team by making good draft choices and loading the team up with talent (like Cleveland did) hoping to get lucky and stumble into a QB or ultimately having an attractive team to show off to the next unhappy superstar QB looking to move to greener pastures. How ironic it would it be if we, who opened Pandora’s box by letting this happen end up the beneficiary of young new really good QB that has decided contract be-dammed I want to go somewhere else?

So we do that and end up with pick 13. Do you take Fields there if available? He’s a Watson clone. Or build a solid team by making good draft choices and loading the team up with talent (like Cleveland did) hoping to get lucky and stumble into a QB or ultimately having an attractive team to show off to the next unhappy superstar QB looking to move to greener pastures. How ironic it would it be if we, who opened Pandora’s box by letting this happen end up the beneficiary of young new really good QB that has decided contract be-dammed I want to go somewhere else?

You trade with either Miami or NY. You can get 3 picks in the 1st and 5 in the top 50 over the next 2 years. Not counting our own picks. After you have a solid RB, WR or 2, DBs and Edge plus some OL depth...you wait for next year and grab a QB. For 2 reasons: 1 Looks like a better QB draft next year. 2 the players from this year have a solid season of play under their belts. Meaning only the QB has to learn the system. And if they dumb it down the others are even better prepared.

...or ultimately having an attractive team to show off to the next unhappy superstar QB looking to move to greener pastures. How ironic it would it be if we, who opened Pandora’s box by letting this happen end up the beneficiary of young new really good QB that has decided contract be-dammed I want to go somewhere else?
The 4 stooges aren’t attracting anything but laughs. Better draft a QB if you want one.

I'm reading that the Panthers are willing to be very serious buyers in what may become the Watson Sweepstakes.

They're talking RB, McCaffrey and (3) RD1 picks to start with. If the Panthers want to start with this package....how much more should they be expected to add?

Again, I might push the envelope a bit knowing their desire to make Watson a Panther.

Texans Get:
RB- Christian McCaffrey (Owed 12.5M & 12.9M for 2021 & 2022 / Texans have an out in 2023 @ 8.3M Dead Money hit / Owed 16.3M in 2023 & 2024 / Owed 12.4M in 2025)
DE- Yetur Gross-Matos (Drafted 2020- Notre Dame)
2021 RD1-08-008
2021 RD3-08-072
2022 RD1
2023 RD1

Panthers Get:
QB- Deshaun Watson (Full Contract)
WR- Brandon Cooks (Full Contract)

I'm reading that the Panthers are willing to be very serious buyers in what may become the Watson Sweepstakes.

They're talking RB, McCaffrey and (3) RD1 picks to start with. If the Panthers want to start with this package....how much more should they be expected to add?

Again, I might push the envelope a bit knowing their desire to make Watson a Panther.

Texans Get:
RB- Christian McCaffrey (Owed 12.5M & 12.9M for 2021 & 2022 / Texans have an out in 2023 @ 8.3M Dead Money hit / Owed 16.3M in 2023 & 2024 / Owed 12.4M in 2025)
2021 RD1-08-008
2021 RD3-08-072
2022 RD1
2023 RD1

Panthers Get:

No thanks

No thanks

I wouldn't poo-poo McCaffrey so quickly. He had a high ankle sprain and a shoulder injury....which neither is career ending. The Panthers weren't playing for a post season birth so why rush CM back? They chose to sit him and let him fully prepare himself for the 2021 season. I'd be fine with McCaffrey for 2021 & 2022 before making a long term decision. I'd still draft a RB in 2021.....RB- Trey Sermon, Ohio State to be exact.

I wouldn't poo-poo McCaffrey so quickly. He had a high ankle sprain and a shoulder injury....which neither is career ending. The Panthers weren't playing for a post season birth so why rush CM back? They chose to sit him and let him fully prepare himself for the 2021 season. I'd be fine with McCaffrey for 2021 & 2022 before making a long term decision. I'd still draft a RB in 2021.....RB- Trey Sermon, Ohio State to be exact.

What did I say about McCaffrey?

more Denver rumors

Doesn’t make sense.

Why would Watson want to play in the division with Mahomes?

Texans Get:
2021 RD1-08-008
2021 RD3-08-072
2022 RD1
2023 RD1

Panthers Get:

Why are you trying to unload Cooks. Man send Watson bleep ash all by his darn self.

Why are you trying to unload Cooks. Man send Watson bleep ash all by his darn self.

.....because the cap space would help in 2021. I’m fairly certain that Cooks desire to stay in Houston had more to do with Watson throwing him the ball than continuing his career with the Texans.

Package him with Watson for a better return and teams that could swing him financially probably like the idea of bringing in a WR Watson is comfortable with.

I’m thinking this way b/c the Texans need cap space more than moral victories next season. I don’t see Cooks making this team a playoff team in 2021 so start making financial plans for 2022.

Texans Get:
2021 RD1-08-008
2021 RD3-08-072
2022 RD1
2023 RD1

Panthers Get:

Nah, Nicky said on Twitter it's not true.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-225719_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-225719_Twitter.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 24

I go with the 2nd option.

.....because the cap space would help in 2021. I’m fairly certain that Cooks desire to stay in Houston had more to do with Watson throwing him the ball than continuing his career with the Texans.

Package him with Watson for a better return and teams that could swing him financially probably like the idea of bringing in a WR Watson is comfortable with.

I’m thinking this way b/c the Texans need cap space more than moral victories next season. I don’t see Cooks making this team a playoff team in 2021 so start making financial plans for 2022.

Tying Cooks to Watson will make it tougher to get a deal done

Hoping Watson doesn't get traded to the 49ers.

Don't want my childhood favorite team (and the team I've been watching more again over the last few years since this team has been an unbearable pile of ****) to be ruined by that no good ************.

Can someone explain the cap ramifications is Watson is traded before the draft?
Looking at OTC, if the Texans trade Watson pre June 1, they'll be on the hook for a $5.660 million cap hit.

Others have tied Cooks to Watson. If Cooks is traded pre June 1, the Texans receive $12 million in cap relief which would more than offset the Watson dead cap hit.

Maybe why Caserio and Company hired a "no name" instead of one of the hot "up and comers". Just a thought.
Why? I can see them not wanting to put Dabol (their buddy) in the situation. But I see no reason they wouldn't want Bieniemy, or Brady, or Stanley through the Churn.

If the Texans do trade Watson, they should do everything they can to tie as many bloated contracts as possible to a trade involving Watson. Tunsil, Cobb, McKinney...whoever else they can.

If the are to trade Watson, they should being looking at it as their reset button. They will most definitely loss a lot of value, and they will have to eat some dead cap money but that's the risk they took when they give an imbecile the keys to the car. Which, btw, after they have completely gutted the team, they need to take the keys away from the imbecile and put someone else in charge. Cal should never, ever be sitting at the dinner table with an uncorked fork.

If the Texans do trade Watson, they should do everything they can to tie as many bloated contracts as possible to a trade involving Watson. Tunsil, Cobb, McKinney...whoever else they can.

If the are to trade Watson, they should being looking at it as their reset button. They will most definitely loss a lot of value, and they will have to eat some dead cap money but that's the risk they took when they give an imbecile the keys to the car. Which, btw, after they have completely gutted the team, they need to take the keys away from the imbecile and put someone else in charge. Cal should never, ever be sitting at the dinner table with an uncorked fork.

The reason the Texans are in this situation is they paid the wrong guy and paid him when they didn't have too.

Why? I can see them not wanting to put Dabol (their buddy) in the situation. But I see no reason they wouldn't want Bieniemy, or Brady, or Stanley through the Churn.
Because no matter who coaches this team the next two years, it's still gonna be horrible. Lombardi himself couldn't coach this team to 11 or 12 wins. So just let a fella fulfill his dream of becoming a NFL coach with zero expectations, and then can him when the GM has some serious talent on the field. Then get the "hot" coach.

Because no matter who coaches this team the next two years, it's still gonna be horrible. Lombardi himself couldn't coach this team to 11 or 12 wins. So just let a fella fulfill his dream of becoming a NFL coach with zero expectations, and then can him when the GM has some serious talent on the field. Then get the "hot" coach.
Still doesn't explain a preference for Culley. What do they care if it's Bieniemy or Brady who fails?

What did I say about McCaffrey?

I don't want him either. He is a very good RB. However, he has played what now 4-5yrs? He takes big hits also. No thanks, if I get a 4th year RB I want to draft them. Not get them and get a season or 2 from. Nothing against CM, I like the guy just not the milage.

Agreed

Good news is Culley just became a multi millionaire for taking the L's.

That depends on how the roster is set, the coaching staff and how good of a system is in place. We have seen "new systems" be pretty much responsible for 5-6 wins on top of 4-6 just from talent. If the system is inovative enough it is like using 12-13 players.

I don't want him either. He is a very good RB. However, he has played what now 4-5yrs? He takes big hits also. No thanks, if I get a 4th year RB I want to draft them. Not get them and get a season or 2 from. Nothing against CM, I like the guy just not the milage.

This will be yr 4 I think. Good news is because he hardly played last year it's like yr 3. He still has alot of tread on the tires and even if he was to wear down as a rb, his route running ability would make him one of the best slot Wr's in the NFL. Kind of the anti Coutee.

This will be yr 4 I think. Good news is because he hardly played last year it's like yr 3. He still has alot of tread on the tires and even if he was to wear down as a rb, his route running ability would make him one of the best slot Wr's in the NFL. Kind of the anti Coutee.

He was drafted same draft as Watson

Back