Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I believe, she's got it turned around if she's implying Watson's deposition. Depositions of women were delayed, begin next week.

There's really nothing new to tell , the women's depositions were supposed to have started early last month and got delayed - Watson's deposition is scheduled for February 2022 .... Wouldn't be surprised to see it pushed back too.

The DA has been slow rolling this case , its almost inexcusable that they haven't gotten the information / evidence gathered so they can schedule putting it in front of a grand jury.
That evidence so far consists of witness statements , police reports , financial statements & text messaging between the victims and the accused. These depositions will be added to that eventually ....
Its safe to say this is going to drag out beyond the end of the season and into next and even then we may not have closure on either civil or criminal suits.

Don't hold your breath on anything happening any time soon.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Watson more and likely won’t be traded until after his legal stuff is resolved. Teams would be stupid AF to gamble on Watson right now. The main reasons why, is if he’s found guilty, cell block 4 here he come.
I think he'll have a longer nfl suspension then any jail time he'd serve. Here we are in October and through a g-jury was put together no criminal charges have been filed yet.

That doesn't mean he's innocent or guilty and that's not what I'm suggesting. Only, there is seemingly no hard physical evidence or that would have happened by now.

powda

The case hasn't been presented to the GJ yet. Depositions have not been taken yet.

If memory serves, and it may not, the gj was put together in late June or early July. I've been under the impression this was underway for the last 2 months.

Do you have a source I could educate myself with by chance?

Texansballer74

The Marine
I think he'll have a longer nfl suspension then any jail time he'd serve. Here we are in October and through a g-jury was put together no criminal charges have been filed yet.

That doesn't mean he's innocent or guilty and that's not what I'm suggesting. Only, there is seemingly no hard physical evidence or that would have happened by now.
In these type of cases you rarely have hard physical evidence. That’s very rare . My thing is if he’s found guilty of one, he’ll serve at least a two year sentence. Then he’ll be suspended once he’s out and back on whoever team.

But you can be right as well Powda.

Last edited:

powda

I’m these type of cases you rarely have hard physical evidence. That’s very rare . My thing is if he’s found guilty of one, he’ll serve at least a two year sentence. Then he’ll be suspended once he’s out and back on whoever team.

But you can be right as well Powda.

I would think out of 20 whatever cases at least 1 non-consensual allegation would have semen as evidence to prove something happened. Maybe that's not his MO and he was to careful for that? Maybe he's not guilty?

You could be right as well @Texansballer74.

Anyone ever hear the old story about a male prison guard sexually assaulting a male inmate?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If memory serves, and it may not, the gj was put together in late June or early July. I've been under the impression this was underway for the last 2 months.

Do you have a source I could educate myself with by chance?
I don't remember what they said about the GJ back then. Maybe that they've set a date, or plan to put it before the GJ, but in djohn2oo8 post from 10:17a the tweet says they have not.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Like Corrosion said, they're slow walking the case.

The wheels of justice sometimes has to work through the political grease. Believe me, Harden is an expert at bringing the gears to a slow roll in Harris County.

powda

Like Corrosion said, they're slow walking the case.

The wheels of justice sometimes has to work through the political grease. Believe me, Harden is an expert at bringing the gears to a slow roll in Harris County.
You know IM FAMILIAR with how bad the system works but this is outright stupid. Any da worth a damn understands any new assault during investigation but prior to charges makes them liable. So again, I think there is no smoking gun yet.

At this point, I'm wondering if anything will be resolved before the 22 draft.

powda

Anyone ever hear the old story about a male prison guard sexually assaulting a male inmate?
I thought this was a solid teaser and completely relevant for evidentiary purposes. Guess not.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You know IM FAMILIAR with how bad the system works but this is outright stupid. Any da worth a damn understands any new assault during investigation but prior to charges makes them liable. So again, I think there is no smoking gun yet.

At this point, I'm wondering if anything will be resolved before the 22 draft.
How long would it normally take HPDto investigate 10 cases?

22 cases?

djohn2oo8

All Pro
With hearsay or HARD EVIDENCE? That's kinda my point. If there was anything substantial they'd be moving faster.
That’s actually not how HPD works at all. Anyways, the GJ has many criminal aspects to address. And they will not notify the media of a date that they are meeting

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
That’s actually not how HPD works at all. Anyways, the GJ has many criminal aspects to address. And they will not notify the media of a date that they are meeting
Well, let's hear how it works. I'm sure @powda would love to learn how real police work is done. :popcorn:
This has nothing to do with the police and everything to do with the prosecutor / DA.

The DA has to present the evidence to the GJ .... they have yet to do that.

There are quite a few layers to this mess and the feds getting involved due to the use of the internet to solicit / communicate with the victims could really slow the process.

Still , the DA probably should have had this in front of a GJ weeks ago. Witness / victim statements , text records & financial records don't take that long to compile. The depositions are part of the civil case tho they should be admissible evidence assuming a trial actually begins .... unless the DA gives Watson & Co some assurance that it wont be - if you recall how that affected the Cosby case.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I also think prosecutors would be pushing this case much faster if they felt it was a slam dunk guilty verdict due to strong physical evidence.

The slow road this case is currently on probably has a more to do with a lack of physical evidence and the witnesses not all being on the same page. There may be questions as to why all 22 victims didn’t come forward to file criminal charges. Some of these victims may not be as squeaky clean as presented and may not be good witnesses on the stand.

Another thing to take into consideration is Watson doesn't have any criminal history and has a solid track record of contributing financially to the community.

Personally, I just don’t think there’s enough physical evidence to lock Watson away for any length of time. I know others have mentioned this but I feel it okay to mention again…..Watson at worst gets probation and community service…..at best is found innocent and goes back to work. The civil case side of this wouldn’t affect Watson’s work schedule except when a court case date is assigned and Hardin could request that this case is heard in the off-season.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
There are quite a few layers to this mess and the feds getting involved due to the use of the internet to solicit / communicate with the victims could really slow the process
Do we know that's why the FBI is involved?

Not being argumentative, but I remember Hardin saying they were asking about the extortion angle.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Personally, I just don’t think there’s enough physical evidence to lock Watson away for any length of time. I know others have mentioned this but I feel it okay to mention again…..Watson at worst gets probation and community service…..at best is found innocent and goes back to work. The civil case side of this wouldn’t affect Watson’s work schedule except when a court case date is assigned and Hardin could request that this case is heard in the off-season.
Why do you believe that Watson's deposition was curiously not scheduled until February? And what makes one think that Watson would be allowed by the Commish to play until all of his legal issues are resolved?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Why do you believe that Watson's deposition was curiously not scheduled until February? And what makes one think that Watson would be allowed by the Commish to play until all of his legal issues are resolved?
Just curious and you might have addressed elsewhere but why do you think DW not placed on CEL? Michael Vick (2009), Jonathan Vilma (2012), Adrian Peterson (2014), Greg Hardy (2014), Josh Brown (2016), Reuben Foster (2018) and Kareem Hunt (2018) have all landed on the commissioner's exempt list in recent years.

I don't think he told Texans not to play DW and if that is correct he should allow Dolphins also. You said info is Ross trying to deal in next two weeks and Caserio resisting. Why would Ross trade if he thought Goodell would suspend or CEL Watson?

Texansballer74

The Marine
Just curious and you might have addressed elsewhere but why do you think DW not placed on CEL? Michael Vick (2009), Jonathan Vilma (2012), Adrian Peterson (2014), Greg Hardy (2014), Josh Brown (2016), Reuben Foster (2018) and Kareem Hunt (2018) have all landed on the commissioner's exempt list in recent years.

I don't think he told Texans not to play DW and if that is correct he should allow Dolphins also. You said info is Ross trying to deal in next two weeks and Caserio resisting. Why would Ross trade if he thought Goodell would suspend or CEL Watson?
They’re not trying to jump the gun like they’ve done many times before.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

Not being argumentative, but I remember Hardin saying they were asking about the extortion angle.
Having spoken to a former US attorney....................Although the crime of extortion is a felony in all 50 states, it can be tried as a federal crime if it is implemented by any wireless communication including emails and texts, other computer communication as well as by telephone or regular mail, or if it illegally affects interstate commerce by any other means.

With all due respects to Hardin in his fervor to defend Watson, the extortion claim does not fit.............Watson's communications with the massage therapists, as well as the travel across state lines do.

powda

According to Watson's atty the fbi is involved because of extortion claims. (Per a Google search and multiple articles)

badboy

Hall of Fame
I think he is seeing more dollars for NFL if Watson is on field playing than lurking in shadows. Watson starting for Miami would pump ratings and increase interest in AFC East. Also with Miami/Houston history with Tunsil and McKinney, Fuller, Mancz and Scarlett would perhaps break ratings record when teams face each other week 9.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Having spoken to a former US attorney....................Although the crime of extortion is a felony in all 50 states, it can be tried as a federal crime if it is implemented by any wireless communication including emails and texts, other computer communication as well as by telephone or regular mail, or if it illegally affects interstate commerce by any other means.

With all due respects to Hardin in his fervor to defend Watson, the extortion claim does not fit.............Watson's communications with the massage therapists, as well as the travel across state lines do.
I thought Hardin was talking about the earlier claimant who wanted $30 K before Hardin was hired? I do not see that as extortion attempt but maybe more to it than known? I see FBI involved as you say due to communications/travel.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

@Texansballer74 has part of the explanation. The other part is that Watson has not been placed in a position of actually playing in a game. If that were to change, he would find himself immediately on the CEL. If a trade were even allowed by the League, at the first sign that the receiving team would try to play him, he would immediately find himself on the CEL.

I'm not going to go into all previous issues, but Michael Vick was busted upon a search warrant on April 25, 2007............he was not suspended until August 24, at which time he finally admitted to all of his involvement in the dog fighting business.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I thought Hardin was talking about the earlier claimant who wanted $30 K before Hardin was hired? I do not see that as extortion attempt but maybe more to it than known? I see FBI involved as you say due to communications/travel.
Maybe they felt the same about the $30K & dropped it. I haven't seen anything about a federal attorney