Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Yes he was, b/c no one knew anything about this until it went public. As soon as it went public Hardin got the call.

Nope, If my memory isn't failing me Mulageta was DW4's representation when the allegations 1st came out. Hardin took over shortly there after. BTW, I started this thread and somehow TB's post got moved ahead of mine. Not that it matters. But that's why I said Hardin wasn't DW4's attorney when the allegations came out.

Nope, If my memory isn't failing me Mulageta was DW4's representation when the allegations 1st came out. Hardin took over shortly there after. BTW, I started this thread and somehow TB's post got moved ahead of mine. Not that it matters. But that's why I said Hardin wasn't DW4's attorney when the allegations came out.

What I remember is when Buzzbee went public, Hardin got the call within like a week..b/c it was reported when he hired him. So we’re talking like a few days

With possibly another 50-60 women out there that gave DW4 massages I'm pretty sure there's alot more out there. I guess you could be right but the odds are against you.

how do you know those other alleged 50-60 have dirt on DW4 and want to spill? What if they all come down on DW4’s side. Wouldn’t it make sense that if they wanted to drop dirt, they’d all be in on the lawsuit gangbang with Buzzbee too?

it’s likely that there’s not much of anything left. Buzzbee shot his wad and all he’s got left is a few more less effective pressure tactics to try to get DW4 to settle before this goes to trial. And seeing as DW4’s team has come out recently and said what they said, all that’s left for Buzzbee to do is try to pressure the NFL. He’s basically been lying at every turn of this whole thing & at this point id be surprised if any new “bombshell” evidence or information comes out from him about this whole ordeal.

how do you know those other alleged 50-60 have dirt on DW4 and want to spill? What if they all come down on DW4’s side. Wouldn’t it make sense that if they wanted to drop dirt, they’d all be in on the lawsuit gangbang with Buzzbee too?

it’s likely that there’s not much of anything left. Buzzbee shot his wad and all he’s got left is a few more less effective pressure tactics to try to get DW4 to settle before this goes to trial. And seeing as DW4’s team has come out recently and said what they said, all that’s left for Buzzbee to do is try to pressure the NFL. He’s basically been lying at every turn of this whole thing & at this point id be surprised if any new “bombshell” evidence or information comes out from him about this whole ordeal.

Agree to disagree

I'm just going by the odds. Thing is DW4 better hope there's not a video from 1 of these other women out there that hasn't made it public yet. That would mean jail time. The stakes are very high in this game of chicken. I'm finding watching 2 lawyers in the top of their field work very fascinating. Great entertainment

What I remember is when Buzzbee went public, Hardin got the call within like a week..b/c it was reported when he hired him. So we’re talking like a few days

Why do you think that call happened?

Could it be because DW4/Mulageta knew there was a good chance that these allegations could go criminal? Hardin rarely (I haven't heard of Hardin ever but I would guess he has) does civil cases.

Agree to disagree

I'm just going by the odds. Thing is DW4 better hope there's not a video from 1 of these other women out there that hasn't made it public yet. That would mean jail time. The stakes are very high in this game of chicken. I'm finding watching 2 lawyers in the top of their field work very fascinating. Great entertainment

Talk about odds...ODDS are that video you’re wishing for likely doesn’t exist b/c if it did it would likely already be in Buzzbee and HPD’s hands and DW4 would already be in cuffs.

Why do you think that call happened?

Could it be because DW4/Mulageta knew there was a good chance that these allegations could go criminal? Hardin rarely (I haven't heard of Hardin ever but I would guess he has) does civil cases.

the call likely happened b/c Mulegheta’s in-house guy was in over his head & DW4 realized he needed a high profile lawyer who could match up with Buzzbee. I don’t believe that it was anymore than that.

you wouldn’t hire say a tort lawyer to defend you in a divorce proceeding would you?

Buzbee must have Watson right where he wants him. I'm thinking a jury in civil trial with all the evidence Buzbee has and lower criteria in civil would award very high favorable amounts to claimants probably way more than a settlement that for some silly reason Watson won't pay.

Seems like Buzbee would be pushing to get to court for all that money which would only increase public perception and outcry for favorable criminal outcome for those who pursue that avenue.

Everyone thinks that all the known evidence should lock Deshaun away so why was Buzbee trying to settle? Why keep releasing info supposedly to convince Watson to settle? Again get it to court! So all the money can be bagged up and dispersed.

As evidence is brought forth in civil court that has to irritate NFL and force it to slam DW sooner or later; either way that has to hurt Watson and help Buzbee's clients.

What can DW be thinking? He has to know there is all this evidence against him and he still wants to go to court.

All this evidence. All these people saying there is all this evidence. Dang Deshaun you should settle. Don't you see all this evidence? No? Well can you not see and hear all these people saying there is all this evidence?

Talk about odds...ODDS are that video you’re wishing for likely doesn’t exist b/c if it did it would likely already be in Buzzbee and HPD’s hands and DW4 would already be in cuffs.

I'm not wishing for anything, other than to be entertained and this so far has been very entertaining. It should get even better if this goes to trial.

Beware of Buzbee, he's known for surprises in the courtroom.

the call likely happened b/c Mulegheta’s in-house guy was in over his head & DW4 realized he needed a high profile lawyer who could match up with Buzzbee. I don’t believe that it was anymore than that.

you wouldn’t hire say a tort lawyer to defend you in a divorce proceeding would you?

Does Hardin do many civil cases? Nope.

There's a reason DW4's using him. To keep DW4 out of jail. Hardin will be successful in this regard. IMHO

Well Buzbee isn’t happy with the way the NFL has handled the first 4 clients sent their way. The meetings didn’t go as planned and the women felt disrespected, so Buzbee attended the 4th meeting. Still, there’s no word as to why his clients felt disrespected by NFL investigator Lisa Friel who’s been handling NFL investigations for 6 years and before that was a highly respected Chief of the Sex Crimes Unit in the District Attorney’s Office of Manhattan. Why does this guy cry to the media each and every time things don’t go his way?

Now he’s debating whether he wants his other 4 clients talking to Lisa Friel. I’m sure Friel has seen her share of real and not so real cases so based on Buzbee’s blubbering, she may not be buying his clients testimony’s. He needs to quit taking his obstacles to the media since it’s slowly chipping away at his credibility.

the problem with your whole premise is that the NFL as entity isn’t required to do anything about issues that are a problem within the whole of society and for him to expect them to do something based on his clients allegations just b/c 1 of their employees may have done something is just......stupid.

Yes they have a huge platform and can reach millions .......if they chose to break out the pitchforks and convict DW4 based on the court of public opinion like he would like, but :

A. These are still allegations

B. They’re still trying to gather evidence ...that apparently still lacks in these allegations.

C. They have the NFLPA to contend with and have to be sure that whatever move they make towards this is a credible move.

furthermore, they’re not REQUIRED to do anything until their investigation concludes. Aside from that, now he’s a champion of sexual harassment & violence against women b/c his clients were allegedly assaulted by an NFL star? Where was he in the decade plus of similar if not more egregious acts LIKE the Ray Rice incident? Didn’t hear a peep from his ass then...he was too busy getting paid and losing mayoral campaigns to be bothered.

Dude is so transparent. When the buzz in the public begins to die down about this he does or says something to thrusts it back in the public eye. It makes him look slimier and exactly like DW4 described in his initial statement...publicity-seeking....especially compared to Hardin whose team is quietly doing their thing preparing for the would be trial.

Whoa whoa whoa back it up there Tex. First it doesn't matter if these are still allegations, the NFL has punished players for allegations in the past and they will punish Watson just for embarrassing the shield. Second they are not trying to gather evidence, they don't have to, they are making a token gesture to buy time in the hopes that this will go away somehow and they don't have to do much. Finally the NFLPA has NOTHING to do with this, they gave the NFL full reign to take whatever actions they see fit in regards to punishing players in the CBA so the union has no say in what happens, its why they have been radio silent and no one has even talked about them.

You seem to have a personal issue with Buzbee and thats fine but you are also showing completely unrealistic expectations. Buzbee is a lawyer and his job argue the case for his clients, he's not claiming to be a "champion of sexual harassment & violence against women" he is representing his clients. Believe me if Hardin thought for a moment that being in the public eye on this would help they would be holding press conferences every day but the one time he tried, remember the 18 women, it blew up in his face like a plugged shotgun.

At the end of the day lawyers are all the same, their job is to represent their clients whether their client is Mother Theresa or Hitler. Trying to apply morals and ethics and such is naïve at best. They will all take whatever road they think best leads to victory.

Well Buzbee isn’t happy with the way the NFL has handled the first 4 clients sent their way. The meetings didn’t go as planned and the women felt disrespected, so Buzbee attended the 4th meeting. Still, there’s no word as to why his clients felt disrespected by NFL investigator Lisa Friel who’s been handling NFL investigations for 6 years and before that was a highly respected Chief of the Sex Crimes Unit in the District Attorney’s Office of Manhattan. Why does this guy cry to the media each and every time things don’t go his way?

Now he’s debating whether he wants his other 4 clients talking to Lisa Friel. I’m sure Friel has seen her share of real and not so real cases so based on Buzbee’s blubbering, she may not be buying his clients testimony’s. He needs to quit taking his obstacles to the media since it’s slowly chipping away at his credibility.
You might want to ask yourself........How does the NFL benefit or be hurt the most?..................Watson being discredited.........or the complainants being discredited. The NFL does not want to lose what some see as a"top" QB.........their potential money train would be interrupted. If the complainants lose, and if their accusations are indeed true, the NFL would be elated to be able to entirely white wash their dirty laundry.........something we have historically and shamefully seen engineered over the years.

he put out a statement basically saying the NFL is screwing up in how they’re handling this and his clients....the NFL responds with their own statement on their stance....within that same statement he proclaims settlement talks are “definitely” not happening......as if to say that he or his clients aren’t interested in one..Hardin’s team blows that out of the water saying he’s approached them several times trying to settle and they have refused him b/c they want it to go to trial and don’t want anyone “muzzled”.

I don’t think it’s wise for him to be coming at the NFL either...

Love how to you everything Hardin says is the truth and everything Buzbee says is a lie and is just for show. Bias much?

I'm not a fan of Friel's previous work.

Houston attorney Tony Buzbee, who is representing the women accusing Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct, says several of his clients have met with the NFL, and they felt they were not respected by league investigators during the first three meetings.

Buzbee told Fox 26 in Houston on Wednesday that this led to him attending a fourth meeting between the two camps. Four of the plaintiffs met with the NFL's lead investigator, Lisa Friel, and Buzbee said that he has "probably four more women who want to meet with the NFL." However, he's not sure if he'll let them due to the disrespect he felt the league showed his clients.
So anyway it says here that Buzzbutt is all butthurt again about the way his clients are being treated by the NFL folks investigating
the "situation" involving his clients & DW4. He seems to specialize in his public pronouncements about getting his feelings hurt re the treatment of his clients.
Clearly he's busy trying to drum-up some support from the Me-too crowd but I suspect his own personal political affiliations did little to help him in that endeavor.

Houston attorney Tony Buzbee, who is representing the women accusing Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct, says several of his clients have met with the NFL, and they felt they were not respected by league investigators during the first three meetings.

Buzbee told Fox 26 in Houston on Wednesday that this led to him attending a fourth meeting between the two camps. Four of the plaintiffs met with the NFL's lead investigator, Lisa Friel, and Buzbee said that he has "probably four more women who want to meet with the NFL." However, he's not sure if he'll let them due to the disrespect he felt the league showed his clients.
So anyway it says here that Buzzbutt is all butthurt again about the way his clients are being treated by the NFL folks investigating
the "situation" involving his clients & DW4. He seems to specialize in his public pronouncements about getting his feelings hurt re the treatment of his clients.
Clearly he's busy trying to drum-up some support from the Me-too crowd but I suspect his own personal political affiliations did little to help him in that endeavor.
Just curious what’s the penalty in the NFL for domestic violence? It’s a separate issue the question still applies

They felt disrespected because of the tough questions that were asked. Buzbee should’ve prepared them for those tough hard questions.

The fact that these accusers felt "disrespected" by the NFL should tell you a lot about these individuals. Without knowing details, the headline by itself is not favorable to their accusations. The headlines are indicative of weak, overly sensitive, woke individuals. The headlines may also be indicative that the accusations may not be very strong, but with a woke expectation that they, the women,, should be coddled. They are also a poor reflection on our society.

He did originally say he hadn't had sex with massage therapists.
No.....I believe you are wrong sir. If he said that please find the statement. What I know is He himself has made 1 statement in this whole ordeal & I believe he said he didn’t treat any woman badly...or something to that effect. Literally the next thing out of Hardin’s mouth is he had consensual encounters with SOME of them.

Let the record show that to date, Mr teX's version of Watson's statement is the correct version of actual events as reported. steelbtexan has not presented anything to support his version.

Love how to you everything Hardin says is the truth and everything Buzbee says is a lie and is just for show. Bias much?

I am a bit biased mostly b/c up to this point Buzzbee hasn’t shown me anything...& he’s the loudest pig. Like I said, every time this mess begins to die down, he cries foul to thrust it back in the spotlight.

But this is the same guy who went to court trying to argue for keeping the ID’s of his clients a secret b/c they’ve been receiving death threats and the like. This is the same guy who publicly is lambasting the NFL for trying to do their due diligence claiming they’re making his clients relive the event....all the while he continues to do things that won’t allow it to die down & subside in peoples mind. IOW’s He’s talking out of both sides of his neck....and that wouldn’t be such a big deal b/c all lawyers do this. The problem I have tho is he’s doing it publicly in attempts to draw sympathy for his clients and it completely undermines credibility in what he’s seeking from the public....sympathy for his clients and trying to shield them from as much of this circus as he possibly can; He seems to be adding more acts to the show with his comments and antics rather than protecting them.

Also, outside of the 1 press conference Hardin’s team conducted & a few public comments after the hearing here & there, Hardin’s team haven’t really said much. They filed their brief and kept it moving. All Buzzbee has done is continue to lob accusations and innuendo based loosely on facts already acknowledged by DW4’s camp. Maybe that’s why his clients are only seeking the minimum...b/c he knows the evidence just isn’t strong to back his clients’ accusations.

Last edited:

The fact that these accusers felt "disrespected" by the NFL should tell you a lot about these individuals. Without knowing details, the headline by itself is not favorable to their accusations. The headlines are indicative of weak, overly sensitive, woke individuals. The headlines may also be indicative that the accusations may not be very strong, but with a woke expectation that they, the women,, should be coddled. They are also a poor reflection on our society.

So how do we know that the NFL investigator didn't say something like "Ok miss, is it possible that Mr. Watson was only acting in the manner he thought you would find acceptable given that your were advertising on Instagram?" or "Ok describe in detail exactly what Mr. Watson said and did that would make you feel assaulted and how his actions were any different than your other clients." I'm not saying they did that, nor do I really think they did, but if we are going to beat the "Don't have all the facts" drum then we also don't know what kind of questions were asked and in what manner.

It's obvious to me by some of the insensitive comments I've read here and elsewhere, that there are few that have gone through knowing or caring for a female who has gone through the trauma of sexual assault. Victims of sexual assault commonly go into "a protective shell" in order to avoid undesirable thoughts, situations, or interactions with people. That is why there are highly trained special victims crime units who are specially trained to communicate with and handle these victims. I've had the opportunity to work with such units. Even so most remain withdrawn and frightened of the proceedings and interviews feeling that their stories will not be taken seriously, and many times twisted to shed a negative light upon them.

And as for Lisa Friel, former prosecutor of sex crimes in Manhattan, being an employee hired and paid for on salary by the NFL to oversee such NFL-related situations..........there is an empiric and glaring conflict of interest present.

It's obvious to me by some of the insensitive comments I've read here and elsewhere, that there are few that have gone through knowing or caring for a female who has gone through the trauma of sexual assault. Victims of sexual assault commonly go into "a protective shell" in order to avoid undesirable thoughts, situations, or interactions with people. That is why there are highly trained special victims crime units who are specially trained to communicate with and handle these victims. I've had the opportunity to work with such units. Even so most remain withdrawn and frightened of the proceedings and interviews feeling that their stories will not be taken seriously, and many times twisted to shed a negative light upon them.

And as for Lisa Friel, former prosecutor of sex crimes in Manhattan, being an employee hired and paid for on salary by the NFL to oversee such NFL-related situations..........there is an empiric and glaring conflict of interest present.
That’s assuming they are actually victims. Which we don’t know still. Glad to see your bias still in tact.

"highly trained special victims crime units who are specially trained to communicate with and handle these victims."
"I've had the opportunity to work with such units." - cnnd

How this experience / opportunity can be translated by anyone into "bias" is baffling.

:coffee:

That’s assuming they are actually victims. Which we don’t know still. Glad to see your bias still in tact.

Last I checked there were what, 6 claims filed with HPD. I don't know man, any idiot knows you can get in significant trouble filing false police reports.

Not to mention these women are signing up for their privately lives to be combed over, judged, mocked, and attack by social media and the court of public opinion in front of their friends and family. I don't know about you but I wouldn't go thru all that for a money grab, but I would to seek justice. That's just me though.

Thank you.

Last I checked there were what, 6 claims filed with HPD. I don't know man, any idiot knows you can get in significant trouble filing false police reports.

Not to mention these women are signing up for their privately lives to be combed over, judged, mocked, and attack by social media and the court of public opinion in front of their friends and family. I don't know about you but I wouldn't go thru all that for a money grab, but I would to seek justice. That's just me though.

I believe 8 have gone to HPD but why didn’t the other 16 follow suit? Buzbee feels like 8 of the ladies have a case......then what did the other 16 have?

Again, I’m not backing Watson but all I’ve been hearing is Buzbee’s side of his clients story from the ever-ready media machine and nothing from the Hardin/Watson camp. Hardin issues a statement in which he called them liars and Watson has refused to pony up any settlement money.....that’s about as much as we know.

The media has made it easy for others to announce Watson’s guilt based solely on one side of the story being given via media outlets. No way in hail would I sentence someone based solely on this information. I’m looking forward to a court date so all the details will be tabled from both sides of the coin.

The case of he said she said appears to have suddenly turned to a case of he said he said............:thinking:

Tony Buzbee disputes claim that he approached Deshaun Watson’s camp regarding settlement
May 14, 2021, 11:17 AM EDT

The lawyers in the Deshaun Watson lawsuits can’t agree on which of them made the first move regarding a potential settlement.

In response to the claim from Watson’s lawyer, Rusty Hardin, that attorney Tony Buzbee initiated the process (repeatedly) of trying to resolve the 22 cases filed by his clients, Buszbee returned to social media to respond.

“Not that many care about it anymore,” Buzbee said on Instagram. “But there is a thing called ‘justice.’ And we will find it. Contrary to what Mr. Rusty says, we haven’t ‘approached them to settle,’ ever. When they approached us they insisted we sign this. We obviously didn’t reach out to them; they begged us via the Texans to mediate. We hold the cards. The truth sometimes or most of the time hurts!!!! We approached them?!? My ass.”

Buzbee made his comments next to an image of the first page of a non-disclosure agreement regarding a mediation process, which presumably occurred. Hardin, in his Thursday statement, indicated that Buzbee has sought confidentiality as to any settlements, and that Hardin and Watson want the information regarding any resolution of the claims to be made public. Buzbee seems to be claiming that it was Hardin, not Buzbee, who asked for confidentiality.

However, it’s one thing to seek confidentiality as to the things said and exchanged during the effort to settle the case, and it’s quite another to seek confidentiality as to the terms of the eventual settlement. It’s possible that Hardin would want secrecy as to the talks, but no secrecy as to the result.

Where it goes from here remains to be seen. Now that Hardin has made his point, the cases in theory could be settled with confidentiality but with the perception that Watson didn’t pay very much. Otherwise, Hardin and Watson wouldn’t have wanted the agreement to not include a confidentiality provision.

when does this crap end? I don’t like nor trust either lawyer. My only interest is the NFL investigation. out of curiosity can they make a determination while this other bs continues? i would say no since their independent judgement could bias the case. They CANNOT get this wrong. And I’m not fully onboard with the idea that he will be traded. I believe he will have to be absolutely and positively proven totally innocent for any team to want him as the face of their franchise because of his psycho attraction to so many masseuses. And his attraction to IG masseuses alone might be enough to ruin him. It’s just such a huge black eye for the NFL and in our political environment today he could potentially do far more monetary damage to the NFL than he can contribute by playing. I’m just surprised that nobody seems to put any weight on their investigation.

when does this crap end? I don’t like nor trust either lawyer. My only interest is the NFL investigation. out of curiosity can they make a determination while this other bs continues? i would say no since their independent judgement could bias the case. They CANNOT get this wrong. And I’m not fully onboard with the idea that he will be traded. I believe he will have to be absolutely and positively proven totally innocent for any team to want him as the face of their franchise because of his psycho attraction to so many masseuses. And his attraction to IG masseuses alone might be enough to ruin him. It’s just such a huge black eye for the NFL and in our political environment today he could potentially do far more monetary damage to the NFL than he can contribute by playing. I’m just surprised that nobody seems to put any weight on their investigation.
It’s going to go on for quite a while.

There are conflicts of interest period...... Unless you believe that Buzzbee’s team are all qualified to conduct such interviews....while a Manhattan prosecutor with specific and lengthy experience in conducting such interviews is not. And even if he hired someone to conduct those interviews for him, what, do you believe there was no conflict of interest in that either? Lawyers do this all the time. Shop for ballistics and blood spatter experts who share an opinion favorable to the story they want to tell and trot that individual out on the stand to express that. you missed that part.

furthermore, if these ladies want “justice” they should be prepared to do what they need to do to get...everyone’s not going to coddle you..Buzzard should’ve prepped his clients for that.

There are conflicts of interest period...... Unless you believe that Buzzbee’s team are all qualified to conduct such interviews....while a Manhattan prosecutor with specific and lengthy experience in conducting such interviews is not. And even if he hired someone to conduct those interviews for him, what, do you believe there was no conflict of interest in that either? Lawyers do this all the time. Shop for ballistics and blood spatter experts who share an opinion favorable to the story they want to tell and trot that individual out on the stand to express that. you missed that part.

furthermore, if these ladies want “justice” they should be prepared to do what they need to do to get...everyone’s not going to coddle you..Buzzard should’ve prepped his clients for that.
Again insensitive. You can’t tell what an alleged victim should or shouldn’t be prepared to do. That’s not your place.

ehh, I think you and everyone else is greatly overestimating the impact this case is/will have on him & the NFL’s viewership & revenue. Yes women represent a sizesble chunk of all this .....but the Same crap was said when Vick got rung up with the dogfighting charges....same things were said when Kaep took a knee...same crap was said during the George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests just last year. & in the end none of those things had any lasting effects on the NFL basically being able to print money. Why? B/c people in general have short attention spans & on the whole fans, including women are fickle as hell...COVID has proven to be the only thing that can disrupt what the NFL has going on right now.

and as we saw with the NFL draft this past year which logged its 3rd best viewership ever amidst this case, I don’t expect this to have any lasting impact either. Plenty of women on the draft day TV feed seemed not to give 2 shits about this case..Men get the majority of the flack about being rabid for football, but there are just as many women who are the same way.

Last edited:
Again insensitive. You can’t tell what an alleged victim should or shouldn’t be prepared to do. That’s not your place.

look, if you’re coming for justice against someone with a high profile, & your lawyer insists on trying this out in the public arena, you should know that everyone isn’t going to believe nor coddle you and it’s going to be tough...that’s just common sense.

look, if you’re coming for justice against someone with a high profile, & your lawyer insists on trying this out in the public arena, you should know that everyone isn’t going to believe nor coddle you and it’s going to be tough...that’s just common sense.

That is the reality. And that is one of the reasons women/men don’t come forward. It doesn’t matter if it’s high profile or not. There is unwanted focus and attention that can turn into other emotions like shame and guilt.

There is no easy way to fix it.

It’s not entertaining to me anymore. I just want the guy fully gone so we can fully move on. Draft picks would be a bonus at this point.

If you want draft picks, then don't you prefer he gets completely exonerated? As a Texans fan, I'm hoping this lawsuit is bogus and DW comes out clean. Best scenario for Texans fans, even if you don't believe in him as a QB.

That is the reality. And that is one of the reasons women/men don’t come forward. It doesn’t matter if it’s high profile or not. There is unwanted focus and attention that can turn into other emotions like shame and guilt.

There is no easy way to fix it.
Agreed, but the propensity for this to happen is much higher when you face someone, anyone who has fans of some sort. And in that instance you REALLY have to know what you’re up against and if you decide to proceed, then grow thicker skin

Agreed, but the propensity for this to happen is much higher when you face someone, anyone who has fans of some sort. And in that instance you REALLY have to know what you’re up against and if you decide to proceed, then grow thicker skin
Lame lame lame. Imagine telling a victim to grow thick skin.

"highly trained special victims crime units who are specially trained to communicate with and handle these victims."
"I've had the opportunity to work with such units." - cnnd

How this experience / opportunity can be translated by anyone into "bias" is baffling.

:coffee:
He's assuming everything they say is factual and not a misrepresentation of the truth. He's biased. I am of the opinion, innocent until proven guilty. Nothing that has been shown or discussed convinces me Watson has sexually assaulted anyone. The burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused. His work doesn't mean every accusation is true, no matter how many times he proclaims it.

They have plenty of time and opportunity to prove their case. Until they do, I will carry on with the belief that he is innocent.

ehh, I think you and everyone else is greatly overestimating the impact this case is/will have on him & the NFL’s viewership & revenue. Yes women represent a sizesble chunk of all this .....but the Same crap was said when Vick got rung up with the dogfighting charges....same things were said when Kaep took a knee...same crap was said during the George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests just last year. & in the end none of those things had any lasting effects on the NFL basically being able to print money. Why? B/c people in general have short attention spans & on the whole fans, including women are fickle as hell...COVID has proven to be the only thing that can disrupt what the NFL has going on right now.

and as we saw with the NFL draft this past year which logged its 3rd best viewership ever amidst this case, I don’t expect this to have any lasting impact either. Plenty of women on the draft day TV feed seemed not to give 2 shits about this case..Men get the majority of the flack about being rabid for football, but there are just as many women who are the same way.
Something tells me you are wrong about how the NFL and fans will react. Even before more came out about this the best potential trade partners ran away. If there remains any doubts at the end of this I can’t see how teams would spend a few number ones or whatever to take on this baggage. I have zero trust or respect for most Americans who form their social conventions from television advertisements so it would not completely surprise me if the fans forgive him but not FO’s. Edit. Not saying this will hurt viewership. they don’t need his baggage to support their teams.

Back