Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

giphy.gif

As we discussed earlier, I had heard rumblings last week Wednesday of a lawsuit on the brink of being file by an attorney other than Buzbee. I heard that there were also others that are being investigated by other attorney outside of Buzbee.

This is perfectly timed to Watson's return to practice. The NFL will have a difficult time justifying letting him back on the field for a regular season game.

1665710351556.png

As we discussed earlier, I had heard rumblings last week Wednesday of a lawsuit on the brink of being file by an attorney other than Buzbee. I heard that there were also others that are being investigated by other attorney outside of Buzbee.

This is perfectly timed to Watson's return to practice. The NFL will have a difficult time justifying letting him back on the field for a regular season game.

View attachment 10836
I think it's going to take more than the new allegation to keep him from playing this year. Watson's a star in his prime. He helps make rich people richer and Vegas flush with new money.

Deshaun Watson facing new lawsuit stemming from alleged 2020 massage
8:42 PM CT
Jake TrotterESPN Staff Writer

BEREA, Ohio -- Another woman has filed a civil lawsuit against Deshaun Watson, alleging the suspended Cleveland Browns quarterback pressured her into oral sex during a massage session in 2020.

It is the 26th known civil lawsuit filed against Watson, accusing him of inappropriate sexual misconduct or sexual assault during massages.

In the lawsuit filed Thursday in Harris County (Texas), Watson is accused of soliciting the plaintiff over Instagram with a direct message for a massage at the Houstonian hotel room in Texas in December 2020, while he was a member of the Texans. The lawsuit states that during the session, Watson "continually pressured (the) plaintiff into massaging his private area" before he "removed his towel" and "offered to let her 'get on top.'" According to the lawsuit, the plaintiff "refused to have sex with Watson, however, he was able to pressure her into oral sex" and that "Watson paid (the plaintiff) $300 for her services, although her normal charge was $115 for an hour massage.

According to the lawsuit, the plaintiff has "suffered from severe depression and anxiety" since the alleged incident.

"My client's experience with Deshaun Watson follows a series of disturbingly similar encounters reported by more than 20 women who have filed suit against the NFL superstar," the woman's lawyer, Anissah Nguyen, told ESPN. "Like so many others, my client spent nearly two years struggling to cope with the shame and trauma from all that he has stolen from her and the daily pain that has become her reality.

"Knowing her story will bring on the hard conversations, criticism and even victim-blaming, the strength and bravery of these other women gave my client the courage to stand up and speak out. She seeks justice not only for herself and her own healing, but for the more than 20 women who refused to be shamed into silence, and the victims who have yet to come forward."

Watson settled 23 of the lawsuits against him this past summer, but one remains outstanding, according to the plaintiff's attorney, Tony Buzbee, who also represented the other women who had sued. One lawsuit was dropped after a judge's ruling that the plaintiffs needed to amend their petitions to disclose their names. Two other women filed criminal complaints against Watson but did not sue him.

In July, the Texans reached settlements with 30 women who made claims or were prepared to make them against the NFL organization for what Buzbee called its alleged "enabling" of Watson's behavior. The New York Times reported over the summer that the Texans had arranged for Watson to see massage therapists in a Houstonian hotel room.

THE REST OF THE STORY

• Sad
Reactions: JB
It is obvious that Watson has so many women he violated that he doesn't know how many. It also means that Watson lied to everyone...............NFL, the Browns, Goodell, Hardin and the judge arbitor about there being no more...............

And this surprises anybody?

Yep, Derrick's a liar in addition to being a sexual predator. I hope the grad jury indicts him this go around and there's a trial. Maybe then justice can be done and a trial will surely provide some great entertainment.

Well there is something out there he would most certainly would be held to be disciplined for if it came to light. The NFL married themselves to Watson. They can never again say they support victim’s or women’s rights. Every new allegation makes them look like they didn’t care which they didn’t. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some lawsuits against the NFL.

Also, what if gets indicted? Or charged for anything related to those incidents? Then what? Good job Goodell. There’s more to come.
Every news media needs to disseminate the wording of the settlement in regards to exempting additional further cases in the 2019-2021 period from further punishment. I hope at very least the NFL and Goodell's name is smeared all over the media in a concentrated measure. That exemption goes against the NFL's own Personal Conduct Policy and the Judge Administrator's own ruling.

Every news media needs to disseminate the wording of the settlement in regards to additional further cases in the 2019-2021 period from further punishment. I hope at very least the NFL and Goodell's name is smeared all over the media in a concentrated measure. That exemption goes against the NFL's own Personal Conduct Policy and the Judge Administrator's own ruling.

Separate fellow who has my attention is on the right track with this tweet.

Also, what if gets indicted? Or charged for anything related to those incidents? Then what? Good job Goodell. There’s more to come.

I was telling posters today how incompetent God'ell is.

I was told he does what the owners want. I certainly hope the owners didn't want this agreement.

Separate fellow who has my attention is on the right track with this tweet.
Those EXTRA young victims that never came to light due to immediate approach by Defense attorney before any lawsuit could be filed or claim made publicly. The families understandably wanted to protect their child and the family from the trauma of publicity. If just one decides to break the NDA made as a minor any time after their 17th BD, they would do so without any legal implications for the break.

They didn’t want their dirty laundry Aired out. So hence here we are.

Last night, Florio reports the Watson lawsuit, mentions nothing about the "protective clause" included in his settlement with the NFL. It was the Administrative NFL judge that actually wanted more than 1 year suspension (as should have been obvious by the incongruity of her commentaries and her final public decision), not the NFL like was presented to the public. Seeing that this was going to come out, Goodell then intervened to "negotiate" a settlement with Watson, the NFLPA, and Hardin outside the Protocol Judge's decision. Keep in mind that the NFL Personal Conduct Policy allows NFL/Goodell to adjust the LENGTH of the punishment the FINE AMOUNT set by the Administrative Judge. It does not leave an opening for addressing/adjusting future terms of punishment which address new allegations whether occurring in the future or having occurred in the past.

Last edited:
We will know nothing as to whether there will be criminal charges from the lawsuit which is a civil action. If the police begin an investigation, that will only be released at a very much later time.

We will know nothing as to whether there will be criminal charges from the lawsuit which is a civil action. If the police begin an investigation, that will only be released at a very much later time.
So like all of the previous cases regarding Watson, this was not investigated at the time of the purported incident.

Last night, Florio reports the Watson lawsuit, mentions nothing about the "protective clause" included in his settlement with the NFL. It was the Administrative NFL judge that actually wanted more than 1 year suspension (as should have been obvious by the incongruity of her commentaries and her final public decision), not the NFL like was presented to the public. Seeing that this was going to come out, Goodell then intervened to "negotiate" a settlement with Watson, the NFLPA, and Hardin outside the Protocol Judge's decision. Keep in mind that the NFL Personal Conduct Policy allows NFL/Goodell to adjust the LENGTH of the punishment the FINE AMOUNT set by the Administrative Judge. It does not leave an opening for addressing/adjusting future terms of punishment which address new allegations whether occurring in the future or having occurred in the past.
So, Watson settling with the other women shields him from punishment for any new cases that pop up? I’m trying to understand what this “protection clause” does for either side. My edible just kicked in, sorry.

Attorney seeks to depose Deshaun Watson by the end of the year, cites ‘victims who have yet to come forward’
  • Updated: Oct. 14, 2022, 12:07 p.m.|
  • Published: Oct. 14, 2022, 10:52 a.m.By
    Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

• BEREA, Ohio — The attorney who Thursday filed the 26th civil suit against Deshaun Watson on behalf of a massage therapist alleging sexual misconduct during a 2020 appointment told cleveland.com on Friday that she plans to depose Watson by the end of the year.

She also alluded to more victims coming forward to file suits.
  • THE REST OF THE STORY

The NFL is blowing smoke up everyone's rear and Florio is not questioning it. What's the purpose of "monitoring developments" when their negotiated settlement supposedly exempts him from further punishment incidents for the time period 2019-2021.] [Florio writes that this is unclear..........unclear how? They refer to the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.............which they have already ignored.

****************************************************************************************

NFL will monitor developments in latest Deshaun Watson lawsuit
Posted by Mike Florio on October 14, 2022, 12:30 PM EDT

On Thursday, yet another lawsuit was filed against Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson. According to the NFL, the lawsuit does not alter Watson’s current status. That, however, could change.

“Watson’s status remains unchanged,” NFL Chief Spokesman Brian McCarthy told PFT via email. “We will monitor developments in the newly-filed litigation; and any conduct that warrants further investigation or possible additional sanctions would be addressed within the Personal Conduct Policy.

Watson is serving an 11-game suspension, based on a process that entailed the presentation of evidence as to four alleged victims to Judge Sue L. Robinson, the jointly-hired hearing officer under the Personal Conduct Policy. It’s unclear whether the league is foreclosed from pursuing additional discipline based on other potential claims filed thereafter.

Watson currently is due to return for Cleveland’s Week 13 game at, coincidentally, Houston. Beyond any new claims, his return could be delayed based on whether and to what extent he complies, or fails to comply, with the terms of his current discipline.

The potential for more lawsuits lingers until the two-year anniversary of the last massage during which Watson allegedly attempted to covert the therapy into a sexual encounter. Assuming he stopped once he was sued, that window closes as a practical matter in the middle of March 2023.

Last edited:
So, Watson settling with the other women shields him from punishment for any new cases that pop up? I’m trying to understand what this “protection clause” does for either side. My edible just kicked in, sorry.
I don't really understand your question re. the "protection clause." It supposedly shields Watson from additional punishment................while it probably protects the NFL from being put in a position to open up and defend their liberal stance on owner discipline compared to a harsher Watson punishment.

I don't really understand your question re. the "protection clause." It supposedly shields Watson from additional punishment................while it probably protects the NFL from being put in a position to open up and defend their liberal stance on owner discipline compared to a harsher Watson punishment.
oops, nvrmnd

They didn’t want their dirty laundry Aired out. So hence here we are.

I love the game of football, but the NFL itself needs to be exposed for the fake concern it displays towards serious subjects in order to gloss itself for the sake of massive profits.

How anyone could possibly believe the fake sincerity of the league is mind boggling.

The entire scaling system of superstar treatment is disgusting. If Watson wasn't so talented, he'd be banned from ever playing again. That he's got so much potential reveals their unscrupulous methodology for protecting their assets.

Watson is relevant to them as it pertains to increasing profit. That is the ONLY thing this league and its owners ultimately care about. The rest is just dog and pony show BS.

............which in general is not an unusual situation for sexual assault.
For a single assault, it's less than 25% of victims report the crime, I've heard. But for not one complaint to the authorities at the time of the incident, out of 22, 25, 30, 60 (hard to keep up)? That seems very odd to me. Statistically speaking, you would think that there would be one timely complaint out of 5. Maybe 4 or 5 from the entire list of women filing suit. Instead, zero.

The original complaint to me seems totally legit. It probably took her a while to come to terms how much the incident would affect her life going forward. And I sure others felt empowered by her coming forward. But the Buzbee cattle call on twitter for Watson victims contaminated some of the claims that came afterward. Now, over 20 months after the original suits were filed, and after many lawsuits have been settled for the complainants, we have another suit? Not that Watson deserves the benefit of the doubt, but logic suggests that a decent number of these suits were copycats. It's likely that not everyone is a hero here.

For a single assault, it's less than 25% of victims report the crime, I've heard. But for not one complaint to the authorities at the time of the incident, out of 22, 25, 30, 60 (hard to keep up)? That seems very odd to me. Statistically speaking, you would think that there would be one timely complaint out of 5. Maybe 4 or 5 from the entire list of women filing suit. Instead, zero.

The original complaint to me seems totally legit. It probably took her a while to come to terms how much the incident would affect her life going forward. And I sure others felt empowered by her coming forward. But the Buzbee cattle call on twitter for Watson victims contaminated some of the claims that came afterward. Now, over 20 months after the original suits were filed, and after many lawsuits have been settled for the complainants, we have another suit? Not that Watson deserves the benefit of the doubt, but logic suggests that a decent number of these suits were copycats. It's likely that not everyone is a hero here.
Have you seen how Cleveland fans have reacted with their disgusting signs and props? The question of well how come they didn’t come forward sooner should be null and void.

The NFL states that Watson has completed his counseling successfully. Yet he has not acknowledged anything to his accusers. The only purpose of the counseling was for window dressing? It would be like going to an AA meeting and introducing yourself............."Hello, I am John Doe, and I am not an alcoholic."

Last edited:
  • Angry
Have you seen how Cleveland fans have reacted with their disgusting signs and props?
I haven't. Never been a Cleveland Brown fan and there's no reason for me to start now. And I don't believe that anything is null and void if it doesn't go thru an honest assessment.

The NFL states that Watson has completed his counseling successfully. Yet he has not acknowledged anything to his accusers. The only purpose of the counseling was for window dressing? It would be like going to an AA meeting and introducing yourself............."Hello, I am John Doe, and I am not an alcoholic."

The NFL is too chickenshit to truly hold him accountable. They are a bunch of pathetic billionaires whose sole purpose is to become richer while acting like they pander to things they perceive the public cares about.

Deshaun Watson the 3rd string QB never plays again. Deshaun Watson the "superstar" can still have a great earning potential. The math is simple. And their agenda is obvious.

The NFL is too chickenshit to truly hold him accountable.
For some reason, we fans expect too much from the NFL. And when we are let down (again) we're dumbfounded. So here are things to remember about the NFL.

1. The NFL will always look after the NFL, first and foremost. It doesn't matter what they say. Words are cheap. Actions could cost them $$$.

2. The NFL does not have a moral high ground to stand on. Whatever players may have done, it's not difficult to find an owner that's done something as bad, or worse. Expecting these guys to be moral judges is to shine an even brighter light on their hypocrisy.

3. The NFL cannot solve society's ills. Even if they wanted to. Crime. Racism. Disease. Gender equality. That will exist with or without the NFL. As you said, pandering they're good at. So they stick to what they know.

The logical conclusion? Stop looking to the NFL for justice. They wouldn't know justice if it sacked them on 4th & long. Here's a 2015 list of 44 players accused and/or convicted of sexual assault or domestic battery. Not included are those since 2015. And it doesn't go back far enough to include players like Lance Rentzel, Mark Chmura, Darren Sharper, Kellen Winslow, Jr., or the dozens of others I can't remember. What did the NFL do then? What can they do now?

The NFL is only a reflection of the world we live in. It's on the TV, on your street, and possibly in your family. Blaming the NFL for this is pointless. Blame them for not being able to find the Thursday night game on your TV.

Judge rules the latest plaintiff to accuse Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson of pressuring her into a sexual act has 24 hours to amend her petition to include her name or drop the lawsuit
  • The new lawsuit against Deshaun Watson was filed last Thursday in Texas
  • The new accuser claims Watson pressured her into a sex act in December 2020
  • Judge Rabeea Sultan Collier ruled the plaintiff has 24 hours to give her name
  • The ruling was made in an emergency hearing held in Harris County Monday
  • In April 2021, 22 women who had filed lawsuits against the quarterback had to amend their petitions to include their names after judges ruled the must do so
  • Click here for all your latest international Sports news from DailyMail.com
By ISABEL BALDWIN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 19:25 EDT, 17 October 2022 | UPDATED: 22:01 EDT, 17 October 2022

Judge Rabeea Sultan Collier ruled that the latest plaintiff to file a civil lawsuit against Deshaun Watson has 24 hours to amend her petition to include her name if she wants to go forward with the civil lawsuit.

The new plaintiff filed the lawsuit in Harris County District Court (Texas) last Thursday, claiming an incident of sexual misconduct that allegedly took place in December 2020.

The ruling was made in an emergency hearing held in the 113th District Court in Harris County (Texas) Monday.

Less that 9 hours left for complying with court order.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Judge gives new Deshaun Watson plaintiff 24 hours to give name
4:47 PM CT
Sarah BarshopESPN Staff Writer

Judge Rabeea Sultan Collier ruled Monday that the plaintiff who filed a civil lawsuit against Deshaun Watson last week has 24 hours to amend her petition to include her name if she wants to go forward with the suit.

The ruling was made in an emergency hearing held in the 113th District Court in Harris County (Texas). During the hearing, Watson's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, asked the court to order counsel to provide the name of the plaintiff and sanctions for not originally providing it.

The lawsuit, filed under the pseudonym Jane Doe, is the 26th known civil case filed against Watson accusing him of inappropriate sexual misconduct or sexual assault during massages. The previous lawsuits had been filed by attorney Tony Buzbee.

Hardin said during the hearing that his legal team compared the latest action to one of Buzbee's cases, saying, "You see in that red line that they simply copied Mr. Buzbee's pleading almost in toto.

"And the relevance to that is that Mr. Buzbee's case is [one of the cases] in which the court ordered him to replead and give us the name," Hardin said.

"There is no question they would not know they had to tell us the name."

Hardin's team spent 72 hours trying to get the name, he said, adding, "And therefore, we would like to ask for the name and we would like sanctions for making us go through this."

In April 2021, 22 women who had filed lawsuits against Watson amended their petitions to include their names after two judges ruled they must do so to continue their cases. One of the lawsuits that had been filed against Watson at the time was dropped.

Michelle Kornblith, the lawyer representing the latest plaintiff, said she would provide the defendant with her client's name but didn't want to go public with it.

"We actually have no problem letting them know who our plaintiff is but we would request either a confidentiality order or a protection order," Kornblith said. "We're already getting hate emails and mail from the minute this was filed and we're concerned for her safety. And like I said, we have no problem telling him who the plaintiff is, so long as we know she'll be safe."

Collier did not rule on the possibility of sanctions during the hearing.

Watson settled 23 of the lawsuits against him during the offseason, but one still remains active, according to Buzbee.

Watson is serving an 11-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy by committing sexual assault, as defined by the league, on massage therapists. On Aug. 18, the NFL and NFL Players Association reached a settlement on Watson's suspension. He was also fined $5 million and has had to undergo a mandatory treatment program.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in a statement Friday that Watson's 11-game suspension will stand, but he could face more discipline if it is found he has further violated the league's code of conduct.
"Watson's status remains unchanged," McCarthy said. "We will monitor developments in the newly-filed litigation; and any conduct that warrants further investigation or possible additional sanctions would be addressed within the Personal Conduct Policy."

For some reason, we fans expect too much from the NFL. And when we are let down (again) we're dumbfounded. So here are things to remember about the NFL.

1. The NFL will always look after the NFL, first and foremost. It doesn't matter what they say. Words are cheap. Actions could cost them $$$.

2. The NFL does not have a moral high ground to stand on. Whatever players may have done, it's not difficult to find an owner that's done something as bad, or worse. Expecting these guys to be moral judges is to shine an even brighter light on their hypocrisy.

3. The NFL cannot solve society's ills. Even if they wanted to. Crime. Racism. Disease. Gender equality. That will exist with or without the NFL. As you said, pandering they're good at. So they stick to what they know.

The logical conclusion? Stop looking to the NFL for justice. They wouldn't know justice if it sacked them on 4th & long. Here's a 2015 list of 44 players accused and/or convicted of sexual assault or domestic battery. Not included are those since 2015. And it doesn't go back far enough to include players like Lance Rentzel, Mark Chmura, Darren Sharper, Kellen Winslow, Jr., or the dozens of others I can't remember. What did the NFL do then? What can they do now?

The NFL is only a reflection of the world we live in. It's on the TV, on your street, and possibly in your family. Blaming the NFL for this is pointless. Blame them for not being able to find the Thursday night game on your TV.

I agree with everything you just said. And what you said ultimately just proves my point that the NFL and its owners, in general, are chickenshits.

I don't look for justice from the NFL. I don't even look for justice from our government anymore. "Justice" is an abstract concept that is no longer held in high regard by our society.

The NFL is nothing more than entertainment, i.e. nothing more than clowns. There should be no public funds supporting their industry, and let their salaries reflect a true free market process. Pro sports should be allowed to succeed, and fail, based on their product instead of public and corporate funds propping it all up.

Woman follows court order, adds name to Deshaun Watson lawsuit
6:25 PM CT
Sarah BarshopESPN Staff Writer

The woman who filed a civil lawsuit against Deshaun Watson last week has amended her petition to include her name after she was ordered to do so by Judge Rabeea Sultan Collier on Monday afternoon.

The lawsuit, first filed under the pseudonym Jane Doe, is the 26th known civil case filed against Watson accusing him of inappropriate sexual misconduct or sexual assault during massages.

The ruling on Monday was made in an emergency hearing held in the 113th District Court in Harris County (Texas). During the hearing, Watson's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, asked the court to order counsel to provide the name of the plaintiff and to order sanctions for not originally providing it.

Back