Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

My thought is, and only guessing, is that if he is CONVICTED before Sep 1 it would not apply to him, but if he is convicted of any of those crimes afterwards they would be applicable.
Just seems to me whatever he is on trial for and convicted the sentence for that would be limited to what punishment is stated at that time by the law.

For example someone steals an apple today and the punishment is a $25 fine. IMO, the date of conviction would not change the punishment. However I surely do not know and that's why I'm asking. Thanks for your input!

Last edited by a moderator:
You got me wrong. I believe in due process. If he's found guilty, f him. But provide solid evidence. Hear say is damning. He's worth tens of millions and it's not unusual for folks to go after money a celebrity has.

Let it play out.

There are literally thousands of millionaire athletes.

If it was so easy to sue, then why don't we see dozens of women cash grabbing each of these individual millionaire athletes?

It turns out, you have to have an actual case to do such a thing, especially getting dozens of women to agree.

Probably. If you believe the Hopkins trade rumors, maybe the Texans did know something. But I can't believe they would hand out that kind of contract if they knew the extent. Where were the tells? None of the women filed a police report on Watson. Watson had a fairly clean public persona. I'm not the guy to defend this organization for many of the things they do. I just think this situation could have blindsided any organization.

I agree. I'm no fan of the owner or most of his minions, but Easterby was clearly hired as an inside track to Caserio, the last GM that Bob McNair tried to hire.

It was a clumsy and rather dumb way to achieve it by Cal, but there are no high expectations with that guy in any sort of way. I'm amazed he has not accidentally electrocuted himself with a toaster by now.

Your assumption that these women are advertising anything other than as professionals are unfounded.

Several of them didn't even advertise at all and were referred by others to Watson , those that did advertise did so as professional sports therapists.

They aren't posing provocitavely in their best Victoria's secret outfit .

Well said. I was a bit disappointed in the clear victim shaming in the post you quoted. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT A WOMEN WEARS. Clothes do not give authority to sexually assault them and then blame the freakin' clothes.

Unless he was suggesting that Watson is some sort of troglodyte that is unable to control his sexual impulses, like a hungry dog around a t-bone steak.

Well looks like Texas won't be legalizing prostitution any time, which I totally support.
Jeez in some ways this state seems almost as primitive as the Taliban.

The structure of your statement doesn't make it clear what you "totally support."

lol I thought the same thing. Grammar kinda' matters when making a point. . .or at least it used to. ;)

If it was so easy to sue, then why don't we see dozens of women cash grabbing each of these individual millionaire athletes?

It turns out, you have to have an actual case to do such a thing, especially getting dozens of women to agree.

I agree. I'm no fan of the owner or most of his minions, but Easterby was clearly hired as an inside track to Caserio, the last GM that Bob McNair tried to hire.

It was a clumsy and rather dumb way to achieve it by Cal, but there are no high expectations with that guy in any sort of way. I'm amazed he has not accidentally electrocuted himself with a toaster by now.

Well said. I was a bit disappointed in the clear victim shaming in the post you quoted. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT A WOMEN WEARS. Clothes do not give authority to sexually assault them and then blame the freakin' clothes.

Unless he was suggesting that Watson is some sort of troglodyte that is unable to control his sexual impulses, like a hungry dog around a t-bone steak.

lol I thought the same thing. Grammar kinda' matters when making a point. . .or at least it used to. ;)
Are you sure that you have to have an actual case to file a lawsuit?

In truth, laws apply to when the "crime" was enacted, not when new laws go into effect. However, as I posted above, the new laws to go into effect Sept 1 without doubt demonstrate the seriousness that is being placed on going after all examples of unacceptable sexual behavior.
Not disagreeing and its why Im not a lawyer. I was just thinking along the lines that it is another penalty to be added to a conviction because legally he hasn’t done anything wrong yet. Statute of limitations however says they can go back and bring him to justice today (what if he committed murder in a state with the death penalty but wasn’t found and convicted years later when the penalty was abolished. Would the state go back and hang him? I know that works both ways sort of) but really I don’t care what they do to his sorry ass. I believe the only true remorse he feels is watching a class act group of players and coaches succeed without his concept of who should be the coach and who his #1 WR should be.

Are you sure that you have to have an actual case to file a lawsuit?

Unless you want to throw money at legal fees for nothing. Good luck getting a lawyer on contingency, especially against millionaires that can afford good legal representation.

If it was so easy and simple, we would see lawsuits like this one all of the time.

My point is that it is easy to point the finger and call them gold diggers "because he's a millionaire", but this is illogical when it is so rare. JMO

Not disagreeing and its why Im not a lawyer. I was just thinking along the lines that it is another penalty to be added to a conviction because legally he hasn’t done anything wrong yet. Statute of limitations however says they can go back and bring him to justice today (what if he committed murder in a state with the death penalty but wasn’t found and convicted years later when the penalty was abolished. Would the state go back and hang him? I know that works both ways sort of) but really I don’t care what they do to his sorry ass. I believe the only true remorse he feels is watching a class act group of players and coaches succeed without his concept of who should be the coach and who his #1 WR should be.
He may not have been proven to have "done wrong" yet, but the only important date for prosecution and punishment is the date that the crime actually occurred.

Although, with a change in the law, the original punishment cannot be upgraded, this is not the case when the punishment is downgraded.

I understand exactly what you mentioned about the clothing. I did mention that the chosen clothing for IG ads doesn’t give anyone the right to do what they want.

On the flip side, Hardin will probably drill them on their advertisements and what they had hoped to sale. Strictly from an unbiased position, the women and Buzzbee should expect nothing less from Hardin.

I’ve asked this question to several people who says due process. And their stance changed big time. So I will ask this here.

If one of those lady’s was your wife, daughter or sister, and they told you Watson sexually assaulted them by placing his junk on their hand and etc. Would you tell them due process? We have to let this thing play out in court.

The majority of the responses I got was, “ they would put a hurting on Watson”.

not at all relevant…apples to pineapple hypothetical.

but to answer your question I’d tell them to pursue him CRIMINALLY……through the court of law and let the chips fall where they may….I wouldn’t be worried about trying to attack Watson b/c he’s be getting his just due of justice is truly served.

but the women in my family would’ve beat his ass off the rip the day it happened…ain’t no waiting up to a year to exact revenge like a lot of these women did…

Last edited:
Deshaun Watson and the Texans Are Digesting Panic-Worthy News From the NFL
by John Moriello on August 16, 2021

The report on Friday that prosecutors have begun a grand jury investigation of Deshaun Watson shouldn’t be surprising. What is surprising, however, is that it wasn’t the only development affecting the Houston Texans quarterback’s future.

That’s because NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s office delivered a big clue about how the league will handle its anticipated disciplinary action against Watson.

Deshaun Watson’s future remains cloudy

The dual-path drama playing out for the entire offseason — Watson’s demand to be traded plus the civil case against him that could turn criminal — is ongoing. Watson arrived at training camp late last month but is not participating in practices.

KRIV-TV in Houston cited sources Friday in reporting that a grand jury is hearing evidence from the police investigation into Watson, the subject of 10 criminal complaints of sexual assault or misconduct. Yahoo! Sports reported that prosecutors are seeking testimony from several accusers. The district attorney’s office issued a statement declining comment.

Separately, Watson faces 22 civil lawsuits filed by female massage therapists who have accused him of a variety of acts, including forced oral sex. SI.com reported that NFL investigators have spoken to 10 of the accusers.

The existence of multiple civil suits had already cast doubt on whether Watson could start the 2021 season with the Texans or any other team. The possibility of criminal charges has always loomed, and convening a grand jury further drives that possibility home.

Deshaun Watson and the Texans are digesting related news

The Associated Press reported on June 23 that prosecutors in Virginia’s Loudoun County had dropped four misdemeanor charges against former Washington Football Team running back Derrius Guice after he reached an agreement with the woman who accused him of assault and battery in a domestic violence case.

Prosecutors did not reveal details of the agreement that Guice’s former girlfriend approved. While the arrangement eliminated the possibility of jail time for Guice, who has been out of football since the WFT waived him on Aug. 9, 2020, the former LSU star doesn’t have a clear path back to the NFL. Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported on Friday that the NFL has suspended Guice for six games to start the 2021 season.

Separately, Guice’s name appears in sexual assault and harassment complaints stemming from his days at LSU, though he has not been charged.

The parallels between Guice and Watson are apparent. The fact that the former WFT player with minimal prospects of playing in the NFL again has been suspended for six games anyway should alarm Watson. For the Texans, the move further diminishes trade value.

The NFL has faced scrutiny over disciplinary policies

THE SECOND PART OF THE STORY

The fact that the former WFT player with minimal prospects of playing in the NFL again has been suspended for six games anyway should alarm Watson. For the Texans, the move further diminishes trade value.
On the contrary, a 6 game suspension would have Watson, the Texans, and the team acquiring Watson all jumping for joy. The fear is a year suspension and a review by Goodell to re-enter the league.

I still think it's too early to speculate on Watson's future suspension. The grand jury haven't convened. The law suit depositions haven't begun. But, a 6 game suspension has to be looking good for all parties.

Keep in mind that circumstantial evidence is still evidence., It is admissible in all state and federal courts.
That supports my thought that a suit can be filed for almost anything. I am not saying these women don't have good case.. I just have not seen evidence.

Deshaun Watson and the Texans Are Digesting Panic-Worthy News From the NFL
by John Moriello on August 16, 2021

The report on Friday that prosecutors have begun a grand jury investigation of Deshaun Watson shouldn’t be surprising. What is surprising, however, is that it wasn’t the only development affecting the Houston Texans quarterback’s future.

That’s because NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s office delivered a big clue about how the league will handle its anticipated disciplinary action against Watson.

Deshaun Watson’s future remains cloudy

The dual-path drama playing out for the entire offseason — Watson’s demand to be traded plus the civil case against him that could turn criminal — is ongoing. Watson arrived at training camp late last month but is not participating in practices.

KRIV-TV in Houston cited sources Friday in reporting that a grand jury is hearing evidence from the police investigation into Watson, the subject of 10 criminal complaints of sexual assault or misconduct. Yahoo! Sports reported that prosecutors are seeking testimony from several accusers. The district attorney’s office issued a statement declining comment.

Separately, Watson faces 22 civil lawsuits filed by female massage therapists who have accused him of a variety of acts, including forced oral sex. SI.com reported that NFL investigators have spoken to 10 of the accusers.

The existence of multiple civil suits had already cast doubt on whether Watson could start the 2021 season with the Texans or any other team. The possibility of criminal charges has always loomed, and convening a grand jury further drives that possibility home.

Deshaun Watson and the Texans are digesting related news

The Associated Press reported on June 23 that prosecutors in Virginia’s Loudoun County had dropped four misdemeanor charges against former Washington Football Team running back Derrius Guice after he reached an agreement with the woman who accused him of assault and battery in a domestic violence case.

Prosecutors did not reveal details of the agreement that Guice’s former girlfriend approved. While the arrangement eliminated the possibility of jail time for Guice, who has been out of football since the WFT waived him on Aug. 9, 2020, the former LSU star doesn’t have a clear path back to the NFL. Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported on Friday that the NFL has suspended Guice for six games to start the 2021 season.

Separately, Guice’s name appears in sexual assault and harassment complaints stemming from his days at LSU, though he has not been charged.

The parallels between Guice and Watson are apparent. The fact that the former WFT player with minimal prospects of playing in the NFL again has been suspended for six games anyway should alarm Watson. For the Texans, the move further diminishes trade value.

The NFL has faced scrutiny over disciplinary policies

THE SECOND PART OF THE STORY
Exactly what in that article is new information that we have not already discussed? We have talked about suspensions including one of six weeks. I don't see anything here that puts Watson's team into a panic mode. The only thing it does is mention an example of an NFL player [Guise] who settled and got suspended. We have talked about that type scenario for months.

Yeah .... blaming the women for Watson's actions just irks me.

Hell you go to the titty bar and women are treated better and they are half F'n nekked. You don't go in there and put your :chicken: in their hand .....

On the contrary, a 6 game suspension would have Watson, the Texans, and the team acquiring Watson all jumping for joy. The fear is a year suspension and a review by Goodell to re-enter the league.

I still think it's too early to speculate on Watson's future suspension. The grand jury haven't convened. The law suit depositions haven't begun. But, a 6 game suspension has to be looking good for all parties.
They haven’t? Thought they reported t grand jury has convened

He may not have been proven to have "done wrong" yet, but the only important date for prosecution and punishment is the date that the crime actually occurred.

Although, with a change in the law, the original punishment cannot be upgraded, this is not the case when the punishment is downgraded.
not sure what you mean “not the case when the punishment is downgraded?” are you saying he can’t face capital punishment? You are saying he is subject to the law afterward because it is downgraded? Prove it.

not sure what you mean “not the case when the punishment is downgraded?” are you saying he can’t face capital punishment? You are saying he is subject to the law afterward because it is downgraded? Prove it.
Prove it? Ask any attorney or make the effort to look it up.

Last edited:
For those of you who have The idea that the grand jury will give us answers In a short while.... Don't hold your breath. While a trial jury will sit for only the duration of a criminal case, a grand jury is impaneled for a much longer period: a federal grand jury can sit for anywhere from 18-36 months, while state grand juries can sit for varying terms ranging from one month to one year. Typically, grand juries do not convene daily. Instead, grand juries often convene only once per week or only a few times a month.

For those of you who have The idea that the grand jury will give us answers In a short while.... Don't hold your breath. While a trial jury will sit for only the duration of a criminal case, a grand jury is impaneled for a much longer period: a federal grand jury can sit for anywhere from 18-36 months, while state grand juries can sit for varying terms ranging from one month to one year. Typically, grand juries do not convene daily. Instead, grand juries often convene only once per week or only a few times a month.
While they do sit for lengthy periods, if a case is presented to them it doesn’t always take up to 36 months to review evidence and render decision.
Also there is no judge and the prosecuting attorney does not have to present to the grand jury exculpatory evidence. A 2020 bill to change the latter did not pass. I am not a fan of our grand jury process. Imo when presented a case it should be like a trial in that evidence should be heard daily five days per week until decided. It appears to be only a tool to play with by prosecutors.

Hell you go to the titty bar and women are treated better and they are half F'n nekked. You don't go in there and put your :chicken: in their hand .....

Half?

I think you’re going to the wrong bars.

53be0971b7f36.preview-500.jpg

Depends on the establishments you’re going to honestly…

I’ve been to the high end joints where all you’re seeing is boobs and bad dancing….then I went to NO bourbon street where you’re seeing everything being done on both sides. The only thing that the women and men WEREN’T doing to each other was getting after it out in the open in front of everybody…….had to pay extra to get back in the champagne room for that.

& it’s the same with the women and men in these types of cases. All women aren’t victims b/c they’re delicate, classy women whose sensibilities were offended so they cry foul & should be believed beyond a shadow of a doubt…………& all men aren’t Neanderthal sexual predators b/c they have a few kinks or like a variety of women…or are a little aggressive. Women can and are just as treacherous as men…especially when there’s money to be had and feelings involved. I’ve seen it on both sides in my personal life. Further, it’s not “victim blaming” b/c some of us would like to see due process played out and aren’t taking their stories as verbatim on what happened. Just like they don’t have a whole lot of evidence that DW4 did what is alleged, he doesn’t have a whole lot of evidence that could prove the pee pee touching was an “accident”….on their part.

The number is concerning for sure…but I’m wondering how many of them thought what is alleged to have happened was actually sexual assault before Buzzbee came calling & convinced then of the potential for a pay day. Even more, his name had supposedly been circulating in the massage therapy community for a while. We know at least a few knew of his predilections. So if I’m on that grand jury I’m asking some if they knew this & if so why they still took him on as a client.

As it stands, I’m expecting the grand jury to come back with a no bill….& the ensuing Twitter tirade of Buzzbee and the accusers will go back into full swing blasting everybody for “not believing”…when it’s probably just a case of lack of evidence.

I’m just trying to figure out what you are saying. A law doesn’t apply if it is enacted after a crime was enacted but it does if the law is downgraded?
You gave the example of the death sentence. Some states, when they abolished the death sentence did not make it retroactive. Other states, such as Connecticut, Colorado, Delaware, New York, Rhode Island, etc., have made it retroactived to where those on death row were re-sentenced to the new maximum of imprisonment.

Mr Tex doesn’t understand it isn’t as difficult to get an indictment as he thinks. And Watson was stupid enough to leave text messages and Instagram messages and then delete them.

Exactly

The text messages alone should be enough to secure a grand jury indictment.

Depends on what’s in them. We only got to see a sample. The real evidence the GJ will see and hear. Like Corrosion said, it’s worse than what has been reported publicly. Testimony will also play a big part in securing an indictment.
Same thing I have be getting all along. Buzbee, as well as any good plaintiff attorney, will release publicly only enough to stimulate the arena of public opinion.............but leave the meat on the bone for when it's really needed.

Last edited:
Doc, just curious and no big deal if you don't know did any of those States who abolished the death penalty and did not make that retroactive were any of those prisoners executed?

In my younger days I researched and debated both sides of the death penalty numerous times and I'm under the impression that no prisoners were executed in that scenario. Thank you.

Unless you want to throw money at legal fees for nothing. Good luck getting a lawyer on contingency, especially against millionaires that can afford good legal representation.

If it was so easy and simple, we would see lawsuits like this one all of the time.

My point is that it is easy to point the finger and call them gold diggers "because he's a millionaire", but this is illogical when it is so rare. JMO

I don't believe any of us know how common or rare it is but im leaning towards it being not nearly as rare as you think b/c most multi-millionaires in those positions either pay to keep it quiet in some form or fashion, or commit other heinous & less than savory acts like blackmail, to keep their reps in tact & money flowing. It is also a well known fact that these guys are in fact targets. Their salaries are published in the newspaper for gods sake. ESPN 30 for 30 Broke explains it better...NSFW
All it takes is for 1 of these rando encounters to not go quite right & you can easily get caught up.

So it is easygetting allegations lobbed at you....making the allegations stick is the hard part. & some of their counterparts taking payments and staying quiet & not reporting it immediately....along with the alleged victims themselves also undergoing other questionable acts after the alleged incidents happen with the same individual is where the credibility problems tend to lay imo.

Weinstein operated with relative impunity for decades.
So did Nygard.
So did Epstein.
Can you imagine the media firestorm MJ would've faced had his baby mama in hiding had alleged he assaulted/raped her?

In all these instances, it wasn't simply b/c the women/girls were afraid to come forward. Many came forward immediately and were not believed like we all know happens....but alot of them too chose to just take the money, promotion or whatever & kept it moving. Now, speaking objectively, there are some of us who would look at that and say its b/c they all were afraid/shamed they wouldn't be believed etc...but there's at least another way to interpret it too in that maybe they were just trying to come up.

Hell Nygard's baby momma KNEW dude was a creep...His name had been circulating in the super model circles for decades.... but he threw enough money at her & she accepted the contract anyway....wound up getting knocked up by him.

America's sweetheart Matt Laurer accused of anal rape....but that same female acknowledged other "transactional" sexual encounters happened with him after the rape.

So what's someone on the outside really supposed to believe when they hear something like that?

Last edited:
Mr Tex doesn’t understand it isn’t as difficult to get an indictment as he thinks. And Watson was stupid enough to leave text messages and Instagram messages and then delete them.
I am not an IT guy but do understand that deleted messages can be recovered. Does anyone know if these that you mention have been recovered?

Ehh, maybe not, but its still circumstantial. At the end of the day, we will see what the grand jury thinks. Besides, that cuts both ways.

I am not an IT guy but do understand that deleted messages can be recovered. Does anyone know if these that you mention have been recovered?
It has not been stated publicly. We do know he was ordered initially to preserve his phone records. Though the complainants already turned over their phone records most likely, that could serve as the basis for a subpoena to the phone company, Instagram etc.

A high profile case such as this would be an attraction as well for FBI trafficking, correct? I would think those organizations would get involved regardless of evidence at first.

I posted this back in the beginning of July:

Just an FYI.

Messages you unsend on Instagram are never deleted
The photo-sharing app has started sending prompts to users informing them about the changes made to the unsend messages feature.

Ankita Chakravarti New Delhi February 5, 2021UPDATED: February 5, 2021 10:44 IST

Keep in mind that the fist lawsuit was not filed until after March 16.

Last edited:
Back