Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

I quit responding to your posts after your last comment about my character but seems like you're doing it again. Unlike you I can have an opinion about Watson or others and not drive the issue in the ground as many others have called you out on for years. The civil or criminal accusations as I understand them do not claim he is or was a pervert. They claim he assaulted them.

My focus is on DW being convicted based on legal evidence not what I or you think about him. Someone upstream said he was not likely to be on a jury in a Watson trial so he was free to judge DW.

I cannot do that. Innocent until proven guilty means just that. I believe that is consistent with my background.

I don't doubt DW did what most claim to be perversion but that isn't the issue for these claims
. It should and will be for Janice McNair and may be for NFL but I doubt that one based on history.

My personal opinion on his perversion is not the same as my opinion he will resolve all issues and be traded. Having that opinion leads me to get a haul for him in trade while hoping NFL suspends him for 2021. I hope Watson changes his ways but I doubt it. Sooner or later, Watson will pay and more than money.

Thanks for the clarification and I didn't mean anything personal.

BTW, I'm certainly not driving this issue into the ground. Many people post on this topic much more than I ever have or will. Why? because everybody knows my feelings on the topic. He should be QB'ing the mean machine for about 25-40 yrs. I would think after seeing your post you would be hoping for the same thing. Could you give me specific examples of how I've beat issues into the ground and how I might make improvements in my posting style? I will take your post under advisement because I know you have a good heart. I only respond with my thoughts to people who I see under the alert section. So there my be some redundancy in my posts. Oh that and I started this thread when my wife told me about the charges.

Once again, I apologize if I've offended you this wasn't my intention.

Last edited:
That's my whole point. The attorney told them to shut up and they did. Why would Watson all of a sudden start his previous Instagram behavior again? Did the attorney tell him it's OK to speak? Did Watson Have Jilly give the bird to the attorney and decide to do what he wanted to anyway after going quiet? IMO there's a reason and that is a settlement is coming sooner rather than later.

If harden has explained to DW that it is very unlikely he will play in 2021 why would Watson tell Kareem Jackson to put it out for him that he wants to play in Denver? Why bring unnecessary attention after rusty told him to shut up? That makes zero sense.

It's probably because Watson is not that smart. He did hook up with 40+ Instagram "therapists" in under a season (being nice it was like 2 months). And because he might figure it might be the only city that would take him.

I quit responding to your posts after your last comment about my character but seems like you're doing it again. Unlike you I can have an opinion about Watson or others and not drive the issue in the ground as many others have called you out on for years. The civil or criminal accusations as I understand them do not claim he is or was a pervert. They claim he assaulted them.

My focus is on DW being convicted based on legal evidence not what I or you think about him. Someone upstream said he was not likely to be on a jury in a Watson trial so he was free to judge DW.

I cannot do that. Innocent until proven guilty means just that. I believe that is consistent with my background.

I don't doubt DW did what most claim to be perversion but that isn't the issue for these claims
. It should and will be for Janice McNair and may be for NFL but I doubt that one based on history.

My personal opinion on his perversion is not the same as my opinion he will resolve all issues and be traded. Having that opinion leads me to get a haul for him in trade while hoping NFL suspends him for 2021. I hope Watson changes his ways but I doubt it. Sooner or later, Watson will pay and more than money.

While you are correct. Most, myself included consider hooking up with 40+ women in a short period of time a little or alot perverse.

While you are correct. Most, myself included consider hooking up with 40+ women in a short period of time a little or alot perverse.
OK say a guy had the opportunity to spend 40 nights with a good looking chick, or 40 nights with a different and
unique woman every night, which one would you choose ?
That's " a perversion" ? I dunno then maybe I'm pervert myself ?

They're not messing around. Watson with 20+ sexual assault case will get a massive sledgehammer dropped on his weak ash.

Another nail in the coffin for the NFL, for the average fan. A clear indication of the politicalization of the sport which is turning fans off. Have you seen the new advertising? I turned off the sport last year. I really want to see the progress of the Texan rebuild, so I may not this year. I'll likely follow the Texans while ignoring everything else.

They're not messing around. Watson with 20+ sexual assault case will get a massive sledgehammer dropped on his weak ash.

Wow, just wow. I don’t see anyway on earth now the NFL will take DW’s case lightly. They can’t after this. This is the nail in the coffin. If DW can’t prove all allegations against him are baseless then what GM in the NFL would go down the road to signing him? How can they paint lipstick on this pig?

I'm not connecting the dots with Watson.

But if rumors are true, I see why Rick Smith, & Brian's Gains are not here & why Jack Easterby is.

Wow, just wow. I don’t see anyway on earth now the NFL will take DW’s case lightly. They can’t after this. This is the nail in the coffin. If DW can’t prove all allegations against him are baseless then what GM in the NFL would go down the road to signing him? How can they paint lipstick on this pig?

I think it's totally unrelated unless DW4 has been acting inappropriately at the work place. An NFL team would be responsible for Watson's behavior in the work place from the signing/trade and forward.

Yes, I can see the NFL coming down hard on Watson if they're as thorough in his investigation & find such egregious behavior

But if rumors are true, I see why Rick Smith, & Brian's Gains are not here & why Jack Easterby is.

I think it's totally unrelated unless DW4 has been acting inappropriately at the work place. An NFL team would be responsible for Watson's behavior in the work place from the signing/trade and forward.

Yes, I can see the NFL coming down hard on Watson if they're as thorough in his investigation & find such egregious behavior
depends

Would you find it odd that the NFL’s concern here is limited to the workplace only? would they sanction inappropriate behavior from an owner/organization while ignoring similar behavior from any other NFL representative? What is the NFL saying here…is this a workplace issue only or is it a behavioral attitude that reflects negatively on the NFL and their brand if conducted by any representative of the NFL? I was coming from the latter view since this seems like some line has been crossed with this fine.

But not that unusual in the sporting or entertainment world. Even by today's standards. None of my business until 'assault or force' is claimed and then legal process begins based on evidence.

Would you find it odd that the NFL’s concern here is limited to the workplace only?
We're talking about two different things. That article was about the workplace & the culture Dan Snyder did not correct.

would they sanction inappropriate behavior from an owner/organization while ignoring similar behavior from any other NFL representative?

I'm sure they'll address Watson's situation similarly to the way they've handled it in the past.

But that's a totally different issue & has nothing to do with the work place.

I am not sure about civil cases but in criminal he doesn't have to prove anything does he? I thought as a defendant he had to be proven guilty?

depends

Would you find it odd that the NFL’s concern here is limited to the workplace only? would they sanction inappropriate behavior from an owner/organization while ignoring similar behavior from any other NFL representative? What is the NFL saying here…is this a workplace issue only or is it a behavioral attitude that reflects negatively on the NFL and their brand if conducted by any representative of the NFL? I was coming from the latter view since this seems like some line has been crossed with this fine.
The people involved thought it was a miniscule amount of money if I read it correctly..

You are not taking into account "circumstantial evidence"? Many a murders have been convicted strictly on circumstantial evidence.
Oh I take it into account i just don't give much credence to it. In a homicide case I just don't understand how circumstantial evidence can lead to a conviction. I guess I would have to be sitting on the jury and hearing the evidence.

We're talking about two different things. That article was about the workplace & the culture Dan Snyder did not correct.

I'm sure they'll address Watson's situation similarly to the way they've handled it in the past.

Agreed

I see your catching onto some of the stuff that was going on when RS/Gaine were here. Easterby was hired to cleanup the mess and got caught up in the Perverts world.

Ok, here is where I think we might be seeing a new paradigm. The fine was a strong statement. But wouldnt treating Watson’s situation with the way they have done it in the past perhaps be a symptom and not a cure for these issues? In other words would they turn around and treat him with kid’s gloves after this? Seems they would on one hand say they are taking a new strong approach against these issues (and the article did mention some sexual harassment hints) then on the other hand treat more serious issues with a hand slap. Now, after all of this, these are issues to fix in the workplace, but I strongly believe it works and has been working both ways. I can’t even count the times I’ve witnessed women using their femininity and sexuality to their advantage and I’ve seen women managers with strong feminine hiring biases

The people involved thought it was a miniscule amount of money if I read it correctly..
Yes they did but I’m reading into this that the NFL with the fine inadvertently made a public statement against some of the behaviors that DW is involved with. I don’t see how this can only be limited to a workplace issue (hiring practices, etc) since DW also works within the NFL organization. It’s putting 💡 on his case too. I was just guessing that this could be the line where public hand slapping over continuing behavioral patterns is about to get western.

Agreed

I see your catching onto some of the stuff that was going on when RS/Gaine were here. Easterby was hired to cleanup the mess and got caught up in the Perverts world.

Quite the rabbit hole you've concocted here.

So let me get this straight: they hired a dishonest quasi-preacher man to clean up a deviant problem that the owner denied knowing about. Not only that, they give the deviant a massive contract while promoting his inept but permissive boss.

Yep, sounds like something stupid the Texans would be a part of.

So let me get this straight: they hired a dishonest quasi-preacher man to clean up a deviant problem that the owner denied knowing about. Not only that, they give the deviant a massive contract while promoting his inept but permissive boss.

Also, when the deviant was signing the massive contract, the quasi-preacher man was by his side beaming proudly. Seems like it's a rabbit hole designed to minimize the quasi-preacher man's role in the incompetency of the O'Brien era while making it seem like he was hired to be some franchise saving hero.

I guess it's tough being a quasi-preacher man. Despite his best efforts he could not stop the "you suck too MF" rantings of the ill tempered coach, the towel toting deviant or the shenanigans of the baby making WR. Fortunately, he was rewarded for his ineffective, but Herculean efforts by getting promoted to VP of Football Ops. Looks like the quasi-preacher man also got his happy ending.

Last edited:
I thought Rick Smith was contacted about the GM position. He is Cals sons godfather. And due to the situation he said no. I think Brian Gain was fired for not fixing the issues internally. Honestly, I think Cal hired Easterby out of desperation to clean up the team. Only problem is that Cal started bumping him up the ladder and letting him do jobs he is not qualified for. Mainly drawing contracts for players. I think OB was too easy on some things going on with the team. And due to Easterby...he was fired. Think about it, most teams don't win as often as OB was and have 1 bad year and can the HC (4 games in at that, anyone remember the Oilers playing bad then won what 9 straight or something crazy).

Then the roof fell in on Easterby with the Watson stuff. Being such a "religious man" but unable to make the calls to dump him. Plus, he was promoted and got a raise.

Back to the topic. Watson is redefining what you call a person who is like him. Many words have been used but in reality I think he has a pretty big mental health problem. Not going to say he is going to end up killing anyone. But he is (with what we know from the reports) showing signs that go far beyond just a sex addiction.

I thought Rick Smith was contacted about the GM position. He is Cals sons godfather. And due to the situation he said no. I think Brian Gain was fired for not fixing the issues internally. Honestly, I think Cal hired Easterby out of desperation to clean up the team. Only problem is that Cal started bumping him up the ladder and letting him do jobs he is not qualified for. Mainly drawing contracts for players. I think OB was too easy on some things going on with the team. And due to Easterby...he was fired. Think about it, most teams don't win as often as OB was and have 1 bad year and can the HC (4 games in at that, anyone remember the Oilers playing bad then won what 9 straight or something crazy).

Then the roof fell in on Easterby with the Watson stuff. Being such a "religious man" but unable to make the calls to dump him. Plus, he was promoted and got a raise.

Back to the topic. Watson is redefining what you call a person who is like him. Many words have been used but in reality I think he has a pretty big mental health problem. Not going to say he is going to end up killing anyone. But he is (with what we know from the reports) showing signs that go far beyond just a sex addiction.
That or I think he’s incredibly immature and selfish. Mix that with the social justice issues recently in the NFL he perhaps felt empowered by and attempted to wreck the NFL’s parity goals with and it all adds up to him viewing the world through a privileged lens. I still am sure he still hasn’t come to grips with his condition yet. The NFL hasn’t helped with their hand slapping of offenses and finding ever more bizarre ways to put this rock star aura on their entire enterprise. Barely freakin watchable anymore and I wouldn’t if the NBA and MLB hadn’t proved themselves completely broken and un-fixable.

Add in the fact that the players went to him complaining about how nasty Bill O’Brien was to them. JJ Watt had had enough and the rest was history.

A lot of people get struck by the diva bug, fame and riches. But on the cool this is who he was all along. I remember when Watson sounded so humble when he was drafted.

Last edited:
That or I think he’s incredibly immature and selfish. Mix that with the social justice issues recently in the NFL he perhaps felt empowered by and attempted to wreck the NFL’s parity goals with and it all adds up to him viewing the world through a privileged lens. I still am sure he still hasn’t come to grips with his condition yet. The NFL hasn’t helped with their hand slapping of offenses and finding ever more bizarre ways to put this rock star aura on their entire enterprise. Barely freakin watchable anymore and I wouldn’t if the NBA and MLB hadn’t proved themselves completely broken and un-fixable.

The NFL will do their do diligence in a year. They’re not about to jump the gun until all the facts are out.

Add in the fact that the players went to him complaining about how nasty Bill O’Brien was to them. JJ Watt had had enough and the rest was history.

A lot of people get struck by the diva bug, fame and riches. But on the cool this is who he was all along. I remember when the Watson sounded so humble when he was drafted.
Watt turned after O'Brien informed him that he would not be extending him to another lucrative contract.

Employees were fired and suits were filed for FO sexual harassment.

Also, when the deviant was signing the massive contract, the quasi-preacher man was by his side beaming proudly. Seems like it's a rabbit hole designed to minimize the quasi-preacher man's role in the incompetency of the O'Brien era while making it seem like he was hired to be some franchise saving hero.

I guess it's tough being a quasi-preacher man. Despite his best efforts he could not stop the "you suck too MF" rantings of the ill tempered coach, the towel toting deviant or the shenanigans of the baby making WR. Fortunately, he was rewarded for his ineffective, but Herculean efforts by getting promoted to VP of Football Ops. Looks like the quasi-preacher man also got his happy ending.

Just know I wanted him fired.

But he did dig up all of the dead bodies in the FO and in the on the field product personnel.

Exactly, Cal chose money/marketing over doing the right thing. (Shocking)

Deshaun Watson

It's one thing to wrap up an internal investigation of an owner without any public record, any reveal of evidence or any written document whatsoever. It's relatively easy to broker a settlement of sorts with one of your own, allow him to restructure his organization beforehand and accept what amounts to a suspension without ever having to label it as such or answer any questions in a forthright manner about it … But what Watson is facing is very different.

This is a star player under criminal investigation and facing a civil process while already at war with his franchise. The NFL as a rule takes its cues from the justice system, and with so many allegations from so many complainants, this could linger for months barring a global settlement of sorts. Some suggest the Texans trade him, but I can't see another owner wanting to take on this player under these circumstances and I tend to believe he will end up on the Commissioner's Exempt List to start the season. Either way, barring a settlement, I don't think there is anything close to closure on this situation, and even a settlement itself wouldn't necessarily wrap up the NFL's probe into this matter. I suspect this goes into September.

Jason La Canfora
Jul 2, 2021 at 11:43 am ET

Deshaun Watson

It's one thing to wrap up an internal investigation of an owner without any public record, any reveal of evidence or any written document whatsoever. It's relatively easy to broker a settlement of sorts with one of your own, allow him to restructure his organization beforehand and accept what amounts to a suspension without ever having to label it as such or answer any questions in a forthright manner about it … But what Watson is facing is very different.

This is a star player under criminal investigation and facing a civil process while already at war with his franchise. The NFL as a rule takes its cues from the justice system, and with so many allegations from so many complainants, this could linger for months barring a global settlement of sorts. Some suggest the Texans trade him, but I can't see another owner wanting to take on this player under these circumstances and I tend to believe he will end up on the Commissioner's Exempt List to start the season. Either way, barring a settlement, I don't think there is anything close to closure on this situation, and even a settlement itself wouldn't necessarily wrap up the NFL's probe into this matter. I suspect this goes into September.

Jason La Canfora
Jul 2, 2021 at 11:43 am ET
I suspect it will go into 2022.

Ineffective? O'Brien gone, DHop gone, DW would be gone if NFL would allow; two of those good enough for a promotion. He followed orders on Nuk so that should not be held against E.

To be fair the one bad year was more than just the game losses...

wtf Do you think? Where do you get that out of my post?

You said that O’Brien giving Mercilus an extension was ok, because he was 2 years younger than Watt. I’ve never advocated extending Watt. But…..if I were going to extend Watt or Mercilus, I’d extend Watt. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday. No matter if Mercilus was 5 years younger than Watt.

You said that O’Brien giving Mercilus an extension was ok, because he was 2 years younger than Watt. I’ve never advocated extending Watt. But…..if I were going to extend Watt or Mercilus, I’d extend Watt. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday. No matter if Mercilus was 5 years younger than Watt.
Because a 65% Jj Watt is more effective than a 100% Mercilus.

Whatever his role was last season, he managed to be absent from the stat sheet for several games. No sacks, no tackles, no hurries, no QB hits, no passes defenses, no interceptions,

Whatever reason they decided to pay Mercilus, it was not for football related issues.

Last edited:
Employees were fired and suits were filed for FO sexual harassment.

I'm not doubting you, man. It just confirms the lowest of low thoughts about Cal McNair's utter incompetence and how his seemingly endless supply of stupid decisions will impact the team that represents Houston in the NFL.

Right now Cal is lucky that Watson is taking a lot of the heat off him, or otherwise his buffoonery would be a much bigger story.

Exactly, Cal chose money/marketing over doing the right thing. (Shocking)

Indeed. That has been the McNair family's M.O. since 2002. They are a charade and little else. Any charity was most likely done from that angle, as well. That's why it was ALWAYS so well advertised.

I'm not doubting you, man. It just confirms the lowest of low thoughts about Cal McNair's utter incompetence and how his seemingly endless supply of stupid decisions will impact the team that represents Houston in the NFL.

Right now Cal is lucky that Watson is taking a lot of the heat off him, or otherwise his buffoonery would be a much bigger story.

Indeed. That has been the McNair family's M.O. since 2002. They are a charade and little else. Any charity was most likely done from that angle, as well. That's why it was ALWAYS so well advertised.
Zshawn posted a lengthy and interesting (to me, anyway) podcast last summer (or was it the summer before?) detailing not only O'Brien's inadequacies but also how the McNair's came to own and subsequently run this franchise and since then my attitude towards that family has changed quite a bit. It (my attitude towards the McNair's) had already taken a negative turn through the years but it really fully turned after hearing the details of the ownership.

Watson is merely a symptom of what truly ails this franchise. He'll be gone sooner or later but the systemic problems will still be here.

OK say a guy had the opportunity to spend 40 nights with a good looking chick, or 40 nights with a different and
unique woman every night, which one would you choose ?
That's " a perversion" ? I dunno then maybe I'm pervert myself ?

No , I wouldn't mind banging a new good lookin chick every night for the next 40 ....

The perversion is the part where he manipulates them into doing things they don't want to do.

Using his position to force them to capitulate .... and then claiming it was "consensual".

That and the .... Oily Anus. "get up in there!!"

Back