Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Senior Bowl 2024

Because McCaffrey is the better athlete, had a better season and has more upside since he's only played the position one yr.

I'm not sold on the difference in their athletic ability being as great as it is currently hyped to be. The "better season" needs context, McCaffrey was the first option for Rice; Whittington was the third or fourth option and still produced as many TDs as McCaffrey on 12 yards per catch average (14 for McCaffrey). Whittington is by far the more polished route runner.

Upside is never guaranteed to be meet.

Both are projected to be Day 3 guys. Personally I'd prefer Whittington over McCaffery

Reactions: JB
Your point still stands Steel. If Leggette drops like Debo did, let’s nab him. He’s worth it as a 3rd rounder don’t you think?

Regarding Mitchell, his small school background still may push him down to 23. I haven’t seen any film or even a highlights package of him, so I’m totally going by these small practice clips and what observers are saying, but if he as advertised, imagine pairing him with a healthy Stingley. That would be an amazing duo…
I haven't seen anything but the practices either. But man he's been impressive. Best Sr. Bowl for a small school guy since Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. IMHO

I'm not sold on the difference in their athletic ability being as great as it is currently hyped to be. The "better season" needs context, McCaffrey was the first option for Rice; Whittington was the third or fourth option and still produced as many TDs as McCaffrey on 12 yards per catch average (14 for McCaffrey). Whittington is by far the more polished route runner.

Upside is never guaranteed to be meet.

Both are projected to be Day 3 guys. Personally I'd prefer Whittington over McCaffery
Agree to disagree

Whittington is a good player, he doesn't have the speed McCaffrey has and this comes from a big Horns fan.

McCaffrey put up big numbers on a far worse team. I'll take those bloodlines too. BTW, did you know his grandfather was a 100 yard dash champion back in the day?

Agree to disagree

Whittington is a good player, he doesn't have the speed McCaffrey has and this comes from a big Horns fan.

McCaffrey put up big numbers on a far worse team. I'll take those bloodlines too. BTW, did you know his grandfather was a 100 yard dash champion back in the day?

No worries, I enjoy the back and forth on these topics.

I think the reports are that only Roman Wilson has beat Mitchell in the 1-on-1 drills.

Speaking of having a good week, Roman Wilson looks legit as a Round 2 WR
Yea the clip was of Roman beating Mitchell after practice was over. It was the last play of scrimmage and Roman called for Mitchell to cover him. Mitchell slips when Roman makes his break and makes an incredible catch on the sideline to end the practice. Only time I saw Mitchell get beat in 2 days of clips. He has instantly became my number 1 CB to target if availabe at 23, But i feel that he will not make it anymore. Hes gained a ton of momentum in the last 2 days. We will see what he runs in the 40 and how he does drills at the combine hopefully.

Payton Wilson is another guy being ignored. Injuries probably why but man, he's good.
His injures. size is a little bit of a question as he is slender, and his age isnt the greatest. Think hes 24 already, so an older prospect. His tape is pretty damn solid to be fair.

Last edited:
Is Sweat a fat 370, or a more fit 370. I've read he moves well, which seems unusual if he's just fat.

What's his injury history? 370 has to be hard on his knees.
From some of the reports I’m seeing, his conditioning could be an issue. The earliest I would take him would be with one of our 4ths. Maybe a third if we trade back from 85. I like his strength and his run blocking ability, but I would take a chance on Braden Fiske , DeWayne Carter, Michael Hall, or Kris Jenkins for our iDL before Sweat.

From some of the reports I’m seeing, his conditioning could be an issue. The earliest I would take him would be with one of our 4ths. Maybe a third if we trade back from 85. I like his strength and his run blocking ability, but I would take a chance on Braden Fiske , DeWayne Carter, Michael Hall, or Kris Jenkins for our iDL before Sweat.
Where are you seeing these reports? His conditioning was never a factor in college

Where are you seeing these reports? His conditioning was never a factor in college
I listen to multiple draft prospect podcasts (NFLSE plus a couple of others who’ve mentioned that his weight and conditioning could be a concern).
He had a great 2nd day of practice on Wednesday according to multiple sources.

I’m just saying that for me I’m hesitant with any guy that has weight problems. (Ex: Louis Nix 2014 draft pick) For me it brings up questions with work ethic. It’s a bias that I have.
Now I could be wrong and he ends up being a baller. I just prefer other guys for us at the moment

Hope you're right and he falls to 2-55.

Dream 1st 2 rds.

1- 23 Latu
2-59 Sweat

WA/Collins/Sweat/Latu

Cashman/Wilson/Harris

A man can dream

Last edited:
Based off the practices I've seen, this would be my 1st team O-line and D-line from both rosters.

LT - Christian Jones - Texas - Better tools than I thought and knows what he's doing
LG - Dominick Puni - Kansas - Does not get pushed around, has some upside
C - Jackson Powers-Johnson - Oregon - This guy looks like an All Pro, power,agility, he's got it
RG - Isiah Adams - Illinois - A brawler, has the size to succeed inside
RT - Tailese Fuaga - Oregon State - Power, agility, technique, top 20 pick

Edge - Laiatu Latu - UCLA - Already a professional pass rusher
NT - T'Vondre Sweat - Texas - Old school zero tech, knows who he is and what he can do
3-Tech - Braden Fiske - Florida State - Explosive, but may be just a situational rusher
5 Tech - Gabe Hall - Baylor - Good length, good technique, reminds me of Charles Omenihu

Yes, He played 2 yrs at UCLA without issues. I'm betting he can play past his 1st contract. He's not the 1st guy to have neck issues and play for 5 plus yrs in the NFL.
But he retired and came back right? I mean it can be over for any player at any time, but a head, neck, or back to the point you had to retire is a bit much. He's a guy who really need his medical to be on point like the Wolf Hunter

Ray Davis is the real deal. He carried UK last year. He just made 24 though. He's a 3 down back and can run zone scheme
I forget who I watched him against last yr, but he broke 2 long runs for TD's. That's not what impressed me though, it was his ability to navigate in tight spaces on short runs and he was hard to get on the ground. What I dont know is how good he is in pass pro or catching the ball out of the backfield? I do like him a lot though, what rd do you think he goes in?

I forget who I watched him against last yr, but he broke 2 long runs for TD's. That's not what impressed me though, it was his ability to navigate in tight spaces on short runs and he was hard to get on the ground. What I dont know is how good he is in pass pro or catching the ball out of the backfield? I do like him a lot though, what rd do you think he goes in?
With his age and position devaluation, 4th rd probably, maybe 3rd. He's perfect for the zbs and he catches well. He's 24, but he has a backstory that I'm sure he's gonna be a top end back for however long he plays. You're right about navigating tight spaces too.

Back