Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Senior Bowl 2024

This is an interesting development. I wonder how many smaller school prospects will lose out on an invite because juniors will be taking spots. I see the pros and cons of adding in underclassmen.
There are at least 3 other all star games that players can participate in. One in Hawaii, another in LA, and another somewhere in Florida. All on TV. All with scouts in attendance. Everyone worth a lick gets their shot. Plus many more that aren't worth a lick.

There are at least 3 other all star games that players can participate in. One in Hawaii, another in LA, and another somewhere in Florida. All on TV. All with scouts in attendance. Everyone worth a lick gets their shot. Plus many more that aren't worth a lick.
Any particular underclassmen that you’re excited about that the Texans can scout at the games?

PFN Day 1 Risers and Sliders

“Mitchell isn’t quite as complete as a prospect as Terrion Arnold, but he’s a smothering ball-hawk. And during Tuesday’s practice, he did the one thing he didn’t always get to show at Toledo: playing tight press-man coverage with his short-area quickness and physicality.”

“McConkey is not only a turbocharged athlete with elite stop-and-start, but he knows how to weaponize that speed and athleticism with efficient footwork, spatial awareness, deceptive tactics, and micro-movements — and he can make high-difficulty catches as well.”

Thoughts about picking a WR

Rd.1 Legette (Thomas and the top 5 WR's are gone)
Rd. 2 McConkey, Tez Walker, Franklin
Rd.3 Burton, Brenden Rice, Johnny Wilson
Rd. 4 Anias Smith/ Luke McCaffrey, Jalen Polk

I'm thinking due to size, speed, hands, route running, I'm picking McCaffrey. I also like Smith and Johnny Wilson a lot too. Everybody also knows what I think about Legette.

I would love to see what everybody else is thinking and what direction y'all would go in. Also add guys that I may have missed and what rd do you think they go in?

Thoughts about picking a WR

Rd.1 Legette (Thomas and the top 5 WR's are gone)
Rd. 2 McConkey, Tez Walker, Franklin
Rd.3 Burton, Brenden Rice, Johnny Wilson
Rd. 4 Anias Smith/ Luke McCaffrey, Jalen Polk

I'm thinking due to size, speed, hands, route running, I'm picking McCaffrey. I also like Smith and Johnny Wilson a lot too. Everybody also knows what I think about Legette.

I would love to see what everybody else is thinking and what direction y'all would go in. Also add guys that I may have missed and what rd do you think they go in?
I’d hesitate picking Legette in the 1st. I saw a couple posts covering the senior bowl that he didn’t have a great day.

I’m also not a fan of Johnny Wilson. He does have the hands I’d like for us to have in our WR room.

I would pick Polk in day 2 without hesitation. I’d also add Roman Wilson to the list of WRs I’d go after day too. LOVE McConkey! I think he’d be a great weapon.

I read and watched a little bit of the practice, the QB's were very inaccurate. What do you think about McCaffrey, ultra productive at Rice, has only played one yr at WR and can play either slot or X. 6'1.5 202 LBS with great bloodlines/ Fast. Best football is ahead of him and football obviously is important to him.

Last edited:
I read and watched a little bit of the practice, the QB's were very inaccurate. What do you think about McCaffrey, ultra productive at Rice, has only played one yr at WR and can play either slot or X. 6'1.5 202 LBS with great bloodlines/ Fast. Best football is ahead of him and football obviously is important to him.
I agree that his best football is probably ahead of him. He’s still learning the position, so he definitely has promise. I’d draft him in the 5-6 rounds, but we’d have to trade up for him.

I agree that his best football is probably ahead of him. He’s still learning the position, so he definitely has promise. I’d draft him in the 5-6 rounds, but we’d have to trade up for him.
I've got him in rd 4 for the reasons I listed. I would rather get a guy a rd early than wait and hope he falls to me the next rd. That's what RS used to do and why he missed out on guys like Lockett/Jimmy G etc...

Back