Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Selection 1.1: JaDeveon Clowney DE-OLB

Thumbs up or down on JaDaveon Clowney at 1.1?

• Up

Votes: 189 88.7%
  • Down

Votes: 24 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't a groin adductor muscle pull or tear also called athletic pubalgia?

No. Groin "pull" involves a tear of the adductor muscles proper....not their tendons.

groin-pull-adductor-muscle-strain.jpg

Athletic pubalgia (sports hernia) usually involve the oblique muscles in the lower abdomen, many times with the tendons that attach the oblique muscles to the pubic bone being the site of tear. In many cases of sports hernia, the tendons that attach the thigh (adductor) muscles to the pubic bone are also stretched or torn.

A00573F01.jpg

So what surgury did JC have, a torn adductor muscle repair, or an adductor muscle tendon tear repair?

I'm thinking that it must have been just the adductor muscle repair, cause if he played on it all last year, as has been reported, a tendon tear would have been too debilitating, no?

The quote from your information seems to say that a "sports hernia" and "Athletic pubalgia" can be the same.

"Athletic pubalgia (sports hernia) usually involve the oblique muscles in the lower abdomen, many times with the tendons that attach the oblique muscles to the pubic bone being the site of tear. In many cases of sports hernia, the tendons that attach the thigh (adductor) muscles to the pubic bone are also stretched or torn."

With all the injuries to key players, and having Fitz as our best option at QB, is there anybody else who has lost any optimism for this season?

With all the injuries to key players, and having Fitz as our best option at QB, is there anybody else who has lost any optimism for this season?

What key players have been officially designated as injured that has caused you to lose any and all optimism for this season?

What key players have been officially designated as injured that has caused you to lose any and all optimism for this season?

I don't know about "official" but AJ and Foster have "non life-threatening" injuries. Cushing isn't practicing, Clowney carted off the field, Nix hasn't practiced, Quessenberry is out and Bonner broke his foot. That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm probably missing somebody.

Hopefully the injuries aren't severe but I have to admit I am a bit concerned.

I don't know about "official" but AJ and Foster have "non life-threatening" injuries. Cushing isn't practicing, Clowney carted off the field, Nix hasn't practiced, Quessenberry is out and Bonner broke his foot. That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm probably missing somebody.

I'm concerned about Cush. I think there's a very real chance he might never come back.
I'm pretty OK with them keeping AF and AJ off the field for a couple of weeks and let the hammies heal. I've never seen JD,Q, Nix or Bonner suit up in the regular season, so it's hard for me to miss what I've never had.

The OL seemingly being healthy has me :texanbill:
Reports keep talking about how improved Newton looks this year and DB is back up to his fighting weight.

I also have a lot of optimism in our WR corps from what I hear out of camp.

I'm feeling pretty good about where the team is after 1 full week of camp.

Well, let's start with Cushing. He is injured and the nature of his injury is obviously a lot more serious than the TEXANS have let on. As a matter-of-fact, his noticeable abscence makes one wonder if the injury isn't carreer threatening.
Next is Quesenberry. I know, it is not an injury, but he is lost to the team, and he was projected to be a key player.
How about Andre? He is still not back at practice. Nobody REALLy knows what the nature of his injury is. I would say he is a key player.
Now Clowney. I kind of think he might be pencilled in as a key player. Oh I know that we don't know how bad his injury really is. may be nothing. Bur again, may be something.
And let's not forget Arian Foster's on again, off again injuries.
I'm sure there have been others that are less than key players, but that might have filled important roles that I am forgetting. But that list is enough.
Now, I have watched and coached enough football in my life to know and understand that injuries happen. That is a part of the game. But this list makes me more than somewhat less than optimistic about Our chances to make any real noise in the AFC South.

I'll wait until after TC for final assessment, but I'm trending more optimistic. I've already predicted we make the playoffs as a wild card, but I'm liking what I see in our (potential) starting 22. AJ, Foster, Cushing, Clowney and, possibly, Nix will be ready to answer the bell. If we stay healthy we may challenge the Colts for the division title.

Ah, see, I had forgotten about NIX and Bonner.

I'll wait until after TC for final assessment, but I'm trending more optimistic. I've already predicted we make the playoffs as a wild card, but I'm liking what I see in our (potential) starting 22. AJ, Foster, Cushing, Clowney and, possibly, Nix will be ready to answer the bell. If we stay healthy we may challenge the Colts for the division title.

:spit:

You had me at "Fitz is our best option at QB".
Maybe he'll have a career year in O'Brien's offense.
...we'll see.

Lost? Lost optimism? That implies there was some optimism to begin with. With Fitz as our QB and the hope that he's replaced early on by a rookie, I don't think I've ever expected much out of this season.

My hope is that we're building toward a good future.

Lost? Lost optimism? That implies there was some optimism to begin with. With Fitz as our QB and the hope that he's replaced early on by a rookie, I don't think I've ever expected much out of this season.

My hope is that we're building toward a good future.

And being a great team mate!

Well, let's start with Cushing. He is injured and the nature of his injury is obviously a lot more serious than the TEXANS have let on. As a matter-of-fact, his noticeable abscence makes one wonder if the injury isn't carreer threatening.
Next is Quesenberry. I know, it is not an injury, but he is lost to the team, and he was projected to be a key player.
How about Andre? He is still not back at practice. Nobody REALLy knows what the nature of his injury is. I would say he is a key player.
Now Clowney. I kind of think he might be pencilled in as a key player. Oh I know that we don't know how bad his injury really is. may be nothing. Bur again, may be something.
And let's not forget Arian Foster's on again, off again injuries.
I'm sure there have been others that are less than key players, but that might have filled important roles that I am forgetting. But that list is enough.
Now, I have watched and coached enough football in my life to know and understand that injuries happen. That is a part of the game. But this list makes me more than somewhat less than optimistic about Our chances to make any real noise in the AFC South.

OK, let me rephrase. What injuries have been catastrophic in nature to have dashed all hope for this season?

Cush? He has been a known commodity on the injury scene for many months now. Were we really counting on him this season? We are all rooting for him, but we all have in the back of our minds that ANYTHING we get from him is beyond expectations.

DQ? Tough to lose OL depth, but he was not projected to be a starter this year.

Foster, Johnson and Clowney all got a bit banged up in TC. Injuries sure, but well towards the "tweak" side of the scale than the "we are going 0-16!" side.

Real games don't happen for a while. When it comes to those three missing games instead of missing a practice, then I'll go look for a ledge.

Falcons RB Smith on Jadeveon Clowney hit: Nothing 'special'

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/17/antone-smith-jadeveon-clowney-hit-gif-video

Houston Texans rookie Jadeveon Clowney introduced himself to Falcons running back Antone Smith in a big way on Saturday, flattening Smith with a huge hit behind the line of scrimmage in the first quarter of a preseason game.

But Smith, for one, isn't much impressed by Clowney, the No. 1 pick in this year's NFL draft. In an interview with 610 Sports Radio in Houston, Smith called Clowney "just a guy" and said his play wasn't "anything special."

“Just a guy,” Smith told the radio station. “I don’t see anything special. He’s just a guy. He’s a guy who plays defensive end. He plays pretty good. Made a good play.”

"Just a guy" is one way to put it. Texans coach Bill O'Brien put Clowney's play into another category on Sunday.

“I think that Clowney has come in here and worked hard, he’s a very instinctive player for a rookie,” O’Brien told reporters on Sunday, according to Pro Football Talk. “He’s a hard working guy. He’s a guy that when he’s played in these games, he’s played well. He’s been able to show his pass rushing abilities. He’s been able to show his defense against the run ability. He’s dropped into coverage, so he’s done a lot of different things for us and he just needs to keep improving and that’s what he’s going to do.”

1310566609761.jpg

:evil:

OK, let me rephrase. What injuries have been catastrophic in nature to have dashed all hope for this season?

Cush? He has been a known commodity on the injury scene for many months now. Were we really counting on him this season? We are all rooting for him, but we all have in the back of our minds that ANYTHING we get from him is beyond expectations.

DQ? Tough to lose OL depth, but he was not projected to be a starter this year.

Foster, Johnson and Clowney all got a bit banged up in TC. Injuries sure, but well towards the "tweak" side of the scale than the "we are going 0-16!" side.

Real games don't happen for a while. When it comes to those three missing games instead of missing a practice, then I'll go look for a ledge.

Seems as though many here were saying the same thing about not worrying about them missing OTAs.....but then worrying a great deal ONLY if they miss any of camp...........the standard appears to be a very mobile one these days.:kitten:

Seems as though many here were saying the same thing about not worrying about them missing OTAs.....but then worrying a great deal ONLY if they miss any of camp...........the standard appears to be a very mobile one these days.:kitten:
Ya have to stay flexible, doc. It helps keep you from injuring yourself! :chickendance:

Falcons RB Smith on Jadeveon Clowney hit: Nothing 'special'

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/17/antone-smith-jadeveon-clowney-hit-gif-video

1310566609761.jpg

:evil:

"Just a guy"

What a idiot..

Hey, I'm "just a guy", your average Joe. So all it takes for this moron to get face planted into the turf is just a random average joe to blow through your line and flatten you?, where do I sign up :rolleyes: Really? So just any random Joe can embarrass him and man handle him like that.. As a coach who's looking to fill that spot, I'd starting looking for "any other guy" who can actually not allow "J.A.G.'s" to make my running back look like their prison *****. :smiliepalm: If he feels like Clowney is "just a guy" then what does that say about him?

Yes He's definitely mad lol

Why whatever are you implying my good man??

movinggoalpost.gif

This would make quite the fine smiley
...if only I knew how to make smilies.

"Just a guy"

What a idiot..

Hey, I'm "just a guy", your average Joe. So all it takes for this moron to get face planted into the turf is just a random average joe to blow through your line and flatten you?, where do I sign up :rolleyes: Really? So just any random Joe can embarrass him and man handle him like that.. As a coach who's looking to fill that spot, I'd starting looking for "any other guy" who can actually not allow "J.A.G.'s" to make my running back look like their prison *****. :smiliepalm: If he feels like Clowney is "just a guy" then what does that say about him?

Yes He's definitely mad lol
That makes it so much funnier watching the replay. The dude got absolutely slobberknockered. His back hit the ground with his feet off the ground. Looking at the angles, that was a vicious hit. Did he stay in the game? With interviews like that, the NFL might want to question Atlanta's medical staff. That guy was concussed.

Not being able to see any games of him yet have made me kind of "meh" on the pick. I finally saw his highlight against Atlanta and my first thought is that I can't belive how fast he is. A guy that big should not be able to move like that. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back