Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Rose Bowl Game Thread - Wed. Jan. 4

Honch Delgado said:
I think the team holding the top pick in 07 will be demanding a king's ransom for Young or not trade him at all.

Maybe. Next year is, well obviously a year away. Nobody knows who is going to appear on the horizon and become the next hot property. It's hard to tell. There are a lot of variables. Vince Young may not wait. He might come out this year. We don't know how we're going to finish under our next coaching regime. We might be closer to that top spot than we want to be. The teams above us might be teams that are set at QB.

Lots of variables. We'll see what happens. Right now though if he does as expected and stays at UT for another year then I think I still go ahead and take Bush. That's just me though.

kbourda said:
V. Young
30/40 267
19 car. 200 3tds

You have your opion, I have mine. I like VY, also.

Championship Rings:
Reggie: 2
VY: 1

Real tough not draft Vince if he comes out.

jerek said:
Through three quarters, I am going to go on record as saying that, maybe, just maybe, I may have been wrong about Vince Young.

This guy is showing some chops. Good poise, good foot speed, and most importantly, a bigger and more accurate arm than I knew he had.

I don't know if he's worth the hype that some of this board has lavished upon him, but I am going to say that I like him a lot more right now than I have.
Maybe??? No, you were. You also predicted a USC blowout. :D

LCROD said:
You have your opion, I have mine. I like VY, also.

Championship Rings:
Reggie: 2
VY: 1
To be fair, wasn't the first championship a split between LSU(BCS) and USC(AP)?

1.5 seems more like an accurate number.

gg no re said:
To be fair, wasn't the first championship a split between LSU(BCS) and USC(AP)?

1.5 seems more like an accurate number.

and if you wanna get REALLY technical, auburn got royally jobbed last year....so i count usc's rings at....0 lol

Janus3 said:
it'd still be the same. reggie bush had a great season, young a great game.
Young had more than a great game. Young was Heisman runner-up. He was one of the top rated passers in the NCAA's in 2005 and also was the first player EVER in the long history of College football to pass for 2500 and run for 1000 yards in one season.

"He's off the charts," Carroll said of Young, who would run 19 times for 200 yards and three scores and complete 30-of-40 passes for 267 more and become the first college QB to rush for 1,000 yards and throw for 2,500. "He's an extraordinary football player. He could run whenever he wanted to. He's the X factor."
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/canepa/20060105-9999-1s5canepa.html

Does anyone know if I can listen to the radio call and maybe download from the championship game online somewhere. I like the "Touchdown Longhorns! Touchdown Vince Young!" call. I just need that clip.

Back