Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Robert Griffin III could be the Texans next quarterback

Also when I'm at the game I would like to be able to look somewhere in the stadium to be able to keep up with the scores of the other games. .

There's a ring that runs around the stadium between the first & second level. It's a display. In the middle they show the box score, down & distance & location of the ball. On the left, right in the corner, they show the scores & fantasy stats throughout the game.

Guess it's obvious who in this conversation is a season ticket holder and who isn't.

Let me rephrase.

The Texans have allocated millions OF TAX DOLLARS to upgrade WiFi in preparation for the suberbowl.

Im not giving anybody an atta'boy for upgrading wifi now. It should've been done years back. We're a "first class franchise" with bargain bin wifi. I understand if the suberbowl wasn't on the way it likely wouldn't have happened. Only passing along 610 conversation.

Are we talking about WiFi or cellular service? I didn't think we had an open WiFi signal at NRG. & I thought Verizon was footing the bill to upgrade the cellular service.

Give me Eli
Thats cool, I wouldn't. I'd rather have that good shot every year vs a hot streak. Nobody expected the Giants to win a sb. Hell, they got in at 9-7 and 10-6. Nobody would call Eli elite, which kinda proves a point, but you have to have a qb with talent who can play at an elite level. You're not going to find that late in the draft or sitting at home eating chips on a sofa. I'm not saying RGIII will save the franchise, I'm saying he's shown enough and he's young enough to be given a shot. The idea you can surround a guy with enough talent that he can overcome his shortcomings is very,very difficult to do. Alex Smith is a good qb, you're not winning a sb with him. He can get you some wins in the regular season, but just like in sf v ny, we saw 1-11 on 3rd down.

I no longer expect anything out of this franchise... nothing they do or don't do will surprise me

Sounds a whole like Bud and the Oilers too me.

And to think everybody had great hopes 15 yrs ago yhat if we as a fanbase invested that this ownershxpayers paying for the stadium/new scoreboard/WiFi etc.. We're still paying off Bud holding the county hostage in the meantime. Atleast Bud tried to put the best product on the field that he could in his later yrs here. Can you say the same about the McNair's?

I feel unclean typing this post.

Thats cool, I wouldn't. I'd rather have that good shot every year vs a hot streak. Nobody expected the Giants to win a sb. Hell, they got in at 9-7 and 10-6. Nobody would call Eli elite, which kinda proves a point, but you have to have a qb with talent who can play at an elite level. You're not going to find that late in the draft or sitting at home eating chips on a sofa. I'm not saying RGIII will save the franchise, I'm saying he's shown enough and he's young enough to be given a shot. The idea you can surround a guy with enough talent that he can overcome his shortcomings is very,very difficult to do. Alex Smith is a good qb, you're not winning a sb with him. He can get you some wins in the regular season, but just like in sf v ny, we saw 1-11 on 3rd down.

Agreed,

Except Alex Smith was 2 fumbled punts away from finding out if he could win a SB.

There's a ring that runs around the stadium between the first & second level. It's a display. In the middle they show the box score, down & distance & location of the ball. On the left, right in the corner, they show the scores & fantasy stats throughout the game.

They changed that, (I may be wrong) Regardless keeping up with other games is easier at home. Plus at other stadiums they make keeping up with other games easier.

What they should do but never will is give up a panel of adds on the new scoreboard (that they didn't pay for) and show scores from other games if the Texans org truly cared about a fan friendly experience.

And that should tell you to stop making statements like "Schaub can't make it to the Super Bowl."

I never made those statements until he hurt his foot. In fact I was a Schaub guy. But that doesn't fit your narrative. 2009 Schaub was definitely good enough to win a SB.

Three division titles, three trips to the playoffs, two playoff wins. It could be worse for J.J. Watt. He could play for the Bengals, Lions or even Cowboys. All have 1 or 0 playoff wins durng Watt's NFL career. In fact, I don't even remember the last time the Bengals or Lions won a playoff game.

Come to think of it the Cowboys may have won two playoff games in this decade. They beat the Lions last year in that controversial playoff game and they beat McNabb and the Eagles in a wild-card game if I'm not mistaken.

But the Texans. as bad as we've been without a franchise quarterback. have had our fair of success when compared to other lifeless teams.

Try to keep in mind that all happened in the AFCS. And at a time of transition for the team that has dominated said division for most of the time. Still wonderful and all of that. But perspective is important here.

You are assuming they still bring an early round QB prospect. Odds are that doesn't happen

Bag of dicks? Really?

Depends how artfully it's done

There's your art ...

Not to get this started again, but I was not sure if any of you were aware of this awesome service.... Perhaps you all should exchange addresses and work this out via snail mail? Also, I'm curious how many of you would actually spend money to send this to an "enemy" as is suggested? Seems like something I would be more likely to send a friend because, I wouldn't piss on my enemy to put him out if he were on fire. But that's just me.

CDDO_MOW4AApo4b.jpg

I gotta agree. He looks better than the Pieces of ISHT that we've had thus far. "

He really has not played in the last 2 years - right?? So how does anyone know if he is better than the Pieces of Isht we have now?
Was he better before blowing his knee and ankle out - sure. But now??? He could be just Hoyer 2.0. From what I have read in various places, if he can't run and make things up as he goes, he is pretty ineffective. And he can't run anymore. We would not be getting the first round draft pick that Washington got...........we would be getting a broken, one legged not scrambling QB that can't read defenses and can't throw well in the pocket.

He really has not played in the last 2 years - right?? So how does anyone know if he is better than the Pieces of Isht we have now?
Was he better before blowing his knee and ankle out - sure. But now???

How big of a drop off have you noticed in Adrian Peterson after he blew out his knee?

How compromised do you believe Le'vein bell will be returning from his knee injury?

Why would you even consider a running QB who has repeatedly been reported not to be able to read NFL defenses and takes a run-first option because of his limited NFL intelligence quotient with an apparently infinite learning curve, not to be interested in voluntarily studying the playbook or be caught dead in the film room, have an inflated ego that takes the forefront to reality, and cannot work with and has become disliked by most of his teammates and coaching staff? And if you can get past all of this, how the heck can you get past his injury history?..........an ACL rupture in college........then an NFL injury history of a totally ruptured LCL (not a partial tear as widely reported), a meniscus tear, a 2nd ACL rupture........all of the aforementioned injuries empirically associated with articular cartilage damage....................then a dislocated ankle which is empirically associated with significant ligament and articular damage............and finally 2 documented concussions...................all occurring in a short period with only a 35-start history.

I know...........it must be that his injuries make him a better prospect in the eyes of the Texans..........if he can come here and just manage a few more, he should become the ideal starter we have always been looking for.:spy:

But it is not just 1 knee injury.

You guys moaned and groaned about bringing in broke players - A Green, Ed Reed, but you are in love with the idea of RGIII who is more broke than the rest of them.

But it is not just 1 knee injury.

You guys moaned and groaned about bringing in broke players - A Green, Ed Reed, but you are in love with the idea of RGIII who is more broke than the rest of them.

To be fair, Green was a 30-year old RB and Reed was a 35-year old Safety. They were ancient in NFL years and shells of themselves physically. RGIII at 25 years old isn't the same situation. He still has the majority of his physical abilities and is an above average athlete even for NFL standards. It's more about head and heart than knees and ankles.

He will be playing for Jerrah next season anyways so pretty much a moot point.

I gotta agree. He looks better than the Pieces of ISHT that we've had thus far. To quote Dylan "When you got nothin' you've got...nothing to lose."
WHEN did he look better? I haven't seen him play recently (since the injuries), Have you?

But there is a HUGE financial difference between trading for him/claiming him off waivers and signing him to a nominal FA/prove it contract. The latter wouldn't bother me, while the former would seem to be a waste.

How big of a drop off have you noticed in Adrian Peterson after he blew out his knee?

How compromised do you believe Le'vein bell will be returning from his knee injury?
I would hesitate using AP as an example of what you might expect in a player's subsequent performance. He had a clean ACL rupture, even more exceptionally unassociated with other ligament, meniscus or articular cartilage damage. Even so, he is definitely an outlier. And, as Grams emphasized, RG3 has suffered 2 right ACLs with the last one complicated with a complete rupture of right LCL with associated with meniscus and articular damage.............then a devastating left ankle dislocation. AP has evidently been left without joint instability, RG3 is unlikely to be so fortunate with 2 separate joints in 2 different lower limbs, leaving him with an increased risk for subsequent injuries.

I would hesitate using AP as an example of what you might expect in a player's subsequent performance. He had a clean ACL rupture, even more exceptionally unassociated with other ligament, meniscus or articular cartilage damage. Even so, he is definitely an outlier. And, as Grams emphasized, RG3 has suffered 2 right ACLs with the last one complicated with a complete rupture of right LCL with associated with meniscus and articular damage.............then a devastating left ankle dislocation. AP has evidently been left without joint instability, RG3 is unlikely to be so fortunate with 2 separate joints in 2 different lower limbs, leaving him with an increased risk for subsequent injuries.

You know, I guess the only thing that makes any sense to me, is that those people who still want him here just don't understand how physically broken down he is. If he were smart, he'd hang up his cleats.

Try to keep in mind that all happened in the AFCS. And at a time of transition for the team that has dominated said division for most of the time. Still wonderful and all of that. But perspective is important here.

Not to get this started again, but I was not sure if any of you were aware of this awesome service.... Perhaps you all should exchange addresses and work this out via snail mail? Also, I'm curious how many of you would actually spend money to send this to an "enemy" as is suggested? Seems like something I would be more likely to send a friend because, I wouldn't piss on my enemy to put him out if he were on fire. But that's just me.

CDDO_MOW4AApo4b.jpg
The Texans will eventually get there if they get a real QB, and I don't mean RGIII. Watt may be retired by that time, but they'll finally become a SB contender.

I wouldn't piss on anybody unless they wanted me to. But that's just me.

I think Jerruh decides who wins the RGIII/Johnny Football sweepstakes.

To quote Matt Schaub, neither one is "Texans worthy"

Maybe the Texans could package Hoyer, Watt, Clowney and a 1st round pick to get Manzeil...:backsout::sarcasm:

The Broncos will more than likely do what they can to haul Osweiler back in........and I'm not thinking RG3 will be any better option for the Broncos than he would be for the Texans (trying to reel in his run-first intuition, and his injury history). Nevertheless:
Elway is negotiating through the media and putting B.O. on notice. Elway already had one running QB who can't throw, why would he want another?

Elway became the GM in 2012.
Both were there in 2011. I am light years ahead of Tebow in passing.
As Director of Player Personnel.
Elway didn't have any official role when Tebow was drafted, and the one year they overlapped, Elway had zero on-field responsibility.

Considering that Elway is still top-10 (7th to be exact) in all time rushing yards for a NFL QB, I doubt he'd be opposed to a QB with a rushing component to his game (not that RG III still has one).

Last edited:
As Director of Player Personnel.
Elway didn't have any official role when Tebow was drafted, and the one year they overlapped, Elway had zero on-field responsibility.

Considering the Elway is still top-10 (7th to be exact) in all time rushing yards for a NFL QB, I doubt he'd be opposed to a QB with a rushing component to his game (not that RG III still has one).

Heck, one of Elways signature highlights was his Super Bowl Rosencopter.

speculation i would assume. Brock wants more than 12.5 mil a year, if our management wants to pay him franchise caliber money after showing almost nothing in his few starts this year then i would lose hope. He is big and athletic thats about it, the velocity on his passes werent much higher than a 40 yr old Manning. He started off well, then as more defenses got film on him he regressed considerably until he was finally benched and lost his starting gig. I want no piece of Osweiler in all honesty, his victories were more about the defense they had then anything he did

John McClain told me last week he wouldn't be shocked if the Texans sign Brock Osweiler. I tried to share that information with you guys but I was just laughed at and met with "Broncos will not let Osweiler go."

He didn't mention any specific numbers in terms of the salary but he did say the Texans could find a way to out-bid the Broncos. A team that is more concerned with slapping the franchise tag on Super Bowl MVP Von Miller.

So I'm not surprised the Broncos are looking at RGIII as an eventual replacement if they do lose Brock Osweiler. The funny thing is I had wanted RG3 to come to Houston myself.

speculation i would assume. Brock wants more than 12.5 mil a year, if our management wants to pay him franchise caliber money after showing almost nothing in his few starts this year then i would lose hope. He is big and athletic thats about it, the velocity on his passes werent much higher than a 40 yr old Manning. He started off well, then as more defenses got film on him he regressed considerably until he was finally benched and lost his starting gig. I want no piece of Osweiler in all honesty, his victories were more about the defense they had then anything he did
If the Houston Texans sign Brock Osweiler to big money why can't we just accept that as fans and do our best to support the decision? If Bill O'Brien sees enough in him to make him our franchise quarterback then let's roll with it.

Unfortunately, we're likely going to release Arian Foster to clear up more cap space. Especially if we're going to sign Brock Osweiler to that type of "top tier" level money. There's always going to be critics no matter what quarterback we bring in. Bottom line: It will be a huge upgrade over Brian Hoyer. It may not be saying much but that's enough to satisfy me at this point.

"Lost his starting gig" is taking some artistic license. He was filling in for Manning. Everyone - including Osweiler - knew Manning was coming back.

If the Houston Texans sign Brock Osweiler to big money why can't we just accept that as fans and do our best to support the decision? If Bill O'Brien sees enough in him to make him our franchise quarterback then let's roll with it.

Unfortunately, we're likely going to release Arian Foster to clear up more cap space. Especially if we're going to sign Brock Osweiler to that type of "top tier" level money. There's always going to be critics no matter what quarterback we bring in. Bottom line: It will be a huge upgrade over Brian Hoyer. It may not be saying much but that's enough to satisfy me at this point.
Why can't we accept the decision??? Osweiler stinks, anyone think he isn't is foolish. He's an slightly above avg BACKUP. He's not that much an upgrade over Hoyer

- Because we're not lobotomized monkeys who have to just accept what we're given.

- OB saw enough in Hoyer to make him our starter repeatedly last year. How about, if Elway doesn't see enough in Osweiler to invest heavily in him...

- Some of us want more than a 'huge upgrade over Hoyer'.

I'll root for Osweiler like crazy if he's behind center for my team, but if it comes with a large financial investment then I don't whatsoever have to like it as a plan for the future of said team.

While I still believe there's almost no chance of him actually making it to free agency, if it were to happen, Osweiler would be the only one of the potential FA QB's who I would view as a potential long-term solution. Nobody (and I mean absolutely nobody) else should be brought in as more than a placeholder until a better solution (ideally a high round draft pick in this year's draft) can be made ready to start.

To be honest, while I'd like to see the contract structured as effectively a two-year deal, if Osweiler became available, I would really hope they'd be willing to go whatever the market price was - and a bit more if necessary to sign him.

Where did that number come from?

Memory jog to folks - newly traded Schaub got $8 mil per year 8 years ago (when the cap was $109 mil).

So if Schaub got that percentage of the cap then, with a (rumored) 155M cap next year Oz may be looking at ballpark 11.5, no?

Memory jog to folks - newly traded Schaub got $8 mil per year 8 years ago (when the cap was $109 mil).

...Only that may not be as simple as hoped. Osweiler, a fourth-year pro who got his first taste of real, extended action as the Broncos starter in place of the injured and ineffective Manning this past season, playing relatively well in that span, is seeking $12 million per season on a new deal, according to Charlie Campbell of Walter Football.

The team would like to keep that annual figure somewhere closer to $10 million and the length of the deal around three seasons, per Campbell, which would essentially make it a bridge deal that gives Osweiler some security but doesn't tie the franchise to him long-term....

http://www.hngn.com/articles/179230...r-contract-demands-revealed-draft-qb-play.htm

Denver Post said they expect Osweiler to be looking for more than Nick Foles got from the Rams ($12.25M).

Also, as Mollywhopper pointed out, the cap is expected to jump to $155M this year. With expanded cap comes expanded salaries, especially for QB's. This is the same league where Colin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, and Andy Dalton are all making $16M+ per year.

Denver Post said they expect Osweiler to be looking for more than Nick Foles got from the Rams ($12.25M).

Also, as Mollywhopper pointed out, the cap is expected to jump to $155M this year. With expanded cap comes expanded salaries, especially for QB's. This is the same league where Colin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, and Andy Dalton are all making $16M+ per year.

Kap got the contract after leading his team to a SB, Dalton has been a top 10 QB in the league for multiple years. Cutler got his contract awhile ago when he was young, and Chicago thought he had loads of potential and could be their answer to Rodgers.

Osweiler is coming off a half season of work in which he regressed, threw only 10tds to 6ints, completed 61.8% of his passes and finished as the 25th ranked passer. I dont want him on the Texans as i feel he would be a burden on the cap, he will give us more false hope allowing us to forgo drafting a QB. If the team that spent a high round pick on him, and multiple years developing him doesnt think he is worth that kind of money then i sure dont want my team thinking he is worth the money

Dalton has been a top 10 QB in the league for multiple years.
I love me some Andy Dalton from his Katy High School days.
I'm with you on that one. Although, he hasn't won a playoff game.
There are still critics that think he's not a good pro quarterback.
You would be surprised how much negative flack this talented guy gets.

Back