Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Reggie bush?

corrosion said:
I DEFINATELY think they need to upgrade the O-line .... as you can see from my last post in this thread . Ive been saying this for the better part of the last three seasons . But I think they could do that in the second thru fourth rounds or maybe sign a free agent or two .

The more I watch Reggie Bush the more im convinced he's a special player and passing on him would be pure ignorance .

As you can see, we passed on Derrick Johnson last year, and look what he is doing as a rookie.

Reggie Bush has one great asset that DD doesn't possess. Breakaway speed. If Bush gets just a crack and breaks through.... he's gone. He's like Mathis... no one is going to catch him. And he is more ellusive than DD. He's 6 foot, 200 lbs.

I live in Southern California and I can tell you from seeing Bush play all the time. He's the best running back to come out in many years. Critics have stated that he is a "once in a decade back". You don't pass on that type of player if you can get him.

I think you would play him in a variety of positions. Every defense would have to account for him on every play. Other than, Bush, I would trade down or trade my picks for quality young linemen. Offensive, and defensive.

Tejaspro said:
Reggie Bush has one great asset that DD doesn't possess. Breakaway speed. If Bush gets just a crack and breaks through.... he's gone. He's like Mathis... no one is going to catch him. And he is more ellusive than DD. He's 6 foot, 200 lbs.

I live in Southern California and I can tell you from seeing Bush play all the time. He's the best running back to come out in many years. Critics have stated that he is a "once in a decade back". You don't pass on that type of player if you can get him.

I think you would play him in a variety of positions. Every defense would have to account for him on every play. Other than, Bush, I would trade down or trade my picks for quality young linemen. Offensive, and defensive.

I had the pleasure of watching Marshall Faulk tear up USC when he was in college and SC had Junior Seau and Mark Carrier. I think Bush is a similar talent, and will have a similar impact on his new team. I think we also need Defensive help before we will take the next step, but it would be entertaining to watch our offense in the meantime. Right now they aren't even showing the games here in Austin.

i would consider myself a reasonable person, but i am advocating taking Dbrick first overall.....why is that so crazy? oakland took gallery at the 2 spot, and everyone thought it was great? you need an o-lineman, there is one there, you take him....we dont need reggie bush....we need something for him to run behind

swtbound07 said:
i would consider myself a reasonable person, but i am advocating taking Dbrick first overall.....why is that so crazy? oakland took gallery at the 2 spot, and everyone thought it was great? you need an o-lineman, there is one there, you take him....we dont need reggie bush....we need something for him to run behind

There is no reason to take Ferguson or Winston at the #1 pick. If the Texans take one of them at #1 we will have to pay them a lot more money (look at what the #1 picks have been making the last few years) and there will be several teams with pretty high picks that would likely be willing to trade up to grab Leinart (Baltimore, NY Jets, Arizona) or Bush (San Francisco, NY Jets, Green Bay?) so we could trade down to the 3-6 spot, get whatever OL we want and pick up an extra draft pick or two along the way. Leinart and Bush are basically a lock for the 1-2 picks and from there many of the top picking teams may go after defense or whatever else, but either way Ferguson will likely be around at 4-6 and Winston almost for sure will be around 5-10 (I'd prefer Winston anyways) so we could trade down pick up either one of them, add extra draft picks, and not have to pay them as much.

MorKnolle said:
There is no reason to take Ferguson or Winston at the #1 pick. If the Texans take one of them at #1 we will have to pay them a lot more money (look at what the #1 picks have been making the last few years) and there will be several teams with pretty high picks that would likely be willing to trade up to grab Leinart (Baltimore, NY Jets, Arizona) or Bush (San Francisco, NY Jets, Green Bay?) so we could trade down to the 3-6 spot, get whatever OL we want and pick up an extra draft pick or two along the way. Leinart and Bush are basically a lock for the 1-2 picks and from there many of the top picking teams may go after defense or whatever else, but either way Ferguson will likely be around at 4-6 and Winston almost for sure will be around 5-10 (I'd prefer Winston anyways) so we could trade down pick up either one of them, add extra draft picks, and not have to pay them as much.

Agree wholeheartedly.

It would be awesome if we got the #1 pick and traded down to the #2 spot because the team in the #2 slot was afraid we would trade to another team and they wouldn't get their man. Then turn around and trade out of the #2 slot to a team that wants whoever is left Bush or Leinert. It could happen but not with Casserly.

bckey said:
It would be awesome if we got the #1 pick and traded down to the #2 spot because the team in the #2 slot was afraid we would trade to another team and they wouldn't get their man. Then turn around and trade out of the #2 slot to a team that wants whoever is left Bush or Leinert. It could happen but not with Casserly.

You can say a lot of negative things about Casserly, but dealing picks is NOT an issue for him. When Ditka wanted to trade his entired draft to get Ricky Williams, Casserly was more than happy to oblige him.

tulexan said:
We have more than enough running backs. We have a terrible offensive line. Offensive line is clearly our biggest need and when you can get a LT who is in the same conversation as Walter Jones or Orlando Pace, you don't pass him up. All great running backs and quarterbacks need to have a good offensive line. Right now we have a pathetic offensive line.

Isn't he supposed to be able to still produce regardless? Kind of like a Corey Dillon was in Cincy? Also what do the other teams need line wise to were we wouldn't get some new people up there before they're gone?

corrosion said:
I DEFINATELY think they need to upgrade the O-line .... as you can see from my last post in this thread . Ive been saying this for the better part of the last three seasons . But I think they could do that in the second thru fourth rounds or maybe sign a free agent or two .

The more I watch Reggie Bush the more im convinced he's a special player and passing on him would be pure ignorance .

Okay I get that a lot of you like Reggie Bush, but I don't think many of you realize the situation at OLT. You will find a free agent OLT that is better than average maybe once every 5-10 years. If they are out on the market, they will get WAY overpaid. If you plan on drafting one after the 1st round, you cannot reasonable project him to be any more than adequate. Just look around the NFL. More than half of the LT's are taken in the 1st round, and the majority of those in the first half of that round. You can build up the rest of the line in rounds 2-4, but until you find a good LT, you likely struggle for consistency on offense.

TheOgre said:
Okay I get that a lot of you like Reggie Bush, but I don't think many of you realize the situation at OLT. You will find a free agent OLT that is better than average maybe once every 5-10 years. If they are out on the market, they will get WAY overpaid. If you plan on drafting one after the 1st round, you cannot reasonable project him to be any more than adequate. Just look around the NFL. More than half of the LT's are taken in the 1st round, and the majority of those in the first half of that round. You can build up the rest of the line in rounds 2-4, but until you find a good LT, you likely struggle for consistency on offense.

I think you don't realize our situation at LT.......we have found our LT and it is Pitts, if you are going to draft anyone, it would be a LG, RG, or RT. Why cant you get those with our 2nd round pick(33rd overall) and 3rd round pick, then someone on Defense with New Orleans 3rd rounder? Wow, think about that for a minute.

If you don't mind adequate running backs....why the fuss about an adequate o-lineman. We are drafting players...we cant draft a whole new o-line in the first round...If we get RB that upgrades receivers and runningbacks thats a vicory. If we get an o-lineman in the draft and he never allows a sack... but everyone else sux..then our o-line as a group will still get criticized and we will be picking o-line in the first round for ever. O-lines dont seem to be a widespread problem in the NFL, it seems to be more defensive and specialty player woes than anything else. We need to take the best talent available and the new coaches will be able to make our o-line decent.

xtruroyaltyx said:
If you don't mind adequate running backs....why the fuss about an adequate o-lineman. We are drafting players...we cant draft a whole new o-line in the first round...If we get RB that upgrades receivers and runningbacks thats a vicory. If we get an o-lineman in the draft and he never allows a sack... but everyone else sux..then our o-line as a group will still get criticized and we will be picking o-line in the first round for ever. O-lines dont seem to be a widespread problem in the NFL, it seems to be more defensive and specialty player woes than anything else. We need to take the best talent available and the new coaches will be able to make our o-line decent.

Ok if our new coaching staff can fix the o-line and defense to a respectable level with a few low draft picks I have no problem drafting Reggie Bush with the first pick. I am, however, under the impression that the o-line and defense will not be fixed with a few lower round picks, just my opinion. I don't think our line or most of our defense has the talent to be coached to a respectable level.

You obviously are thinking that the new coaching staff can fix the problems with lower round picks and that's fine. If they do, and we get Bush and play reasonably well next year I will be very happy. If we draft Bush, get lesser talent on defense and o-line, and don't improve next year I won't be suprised. I'm not talking about making the playoffs but at least be an NFL calibur team.

Neither of us will convince the anyone who has made up thier mind on this matter. I just feel we have gone too long without addressing the glaring needs of this team. If we don't address them as strongly as I would like I will just have to deal with it and I will. If we do address them and don't pick Bush I hope people will see that it isn't the end of the world and try to realize that they are just attempting to rebuild this team. We just differ in opinion on how to go about that in the best way. One thing is for sure though, this debate will continue until draft day, or at least until we win a few more games.

Our adequate running backs this season do their job, which is to run the football well, and catch the football when neccessary.

Our oline this season has not done their job, which is to protect the quarterback and provide run blocking. That is not an adequate oline.

Yes, it's true we can't draft an entire oline. That doesn't give us an excuse to aim low.

When people have injuries, they realize they can't return to 100% in one day. That doesn't give them an excuse to let the injury linger.

That is the case with the Texans. Our oline has been a lingering injury, and we've been taking painkillers instead of surgery to address the problem.

We're at the point where painkillers are losing their effect. We either let the injury fix itself, or we hire a doctor to help us recover faster.

uhcougar08 said:
I think you don't realize our situation at LT.......we have found our LT and it is Pitts, if you are going to draft anyone, it would be a LG, RG, or RT. Why cant you get those with our 2nd round pick(33rd overall) and 3rd round pick, then someone on Defense with New Orleans 3rd rounder? Wow, think about that for a minute.

Just out of curiosity, if the Texans were to win a few more games and lose the #1 overall pick would you advocate trying to trade up to get Bush?

Peldon said:
Just out of curiosity, if the Texans were to win a few more games and lose the #1 overall pick would you advocate trying to trade up to get Bush?

The answer is no, you go with the best player available, but not like the texans have done, Casserly has ruined his drafts here.

If Bush is not there when we draft, I would take D'Brickashaw or Hawk or anyone, but Im not losing anymore picks another year.

We do need alot, but I personally have loved Bush since he was a freshman, so if I was GM, I would take him. One source has him rated as the best prospect to come into the draft in the last 15 years.

uhcougar08 said:
The answer is no, you go with the best player available, but not like the texans have done, Casserly has ruined his drafts here.

If Bush is not there when we draft, I would take D'Brickashaw or Hawk or anyone, but Im not losing anymore picks another year.

We do need alot, but I personally have loved Bush since he was a freshman, so if I was GM, I would take him. One source has him rated as the best prospect to come into the draft in the last 15 years.

Cool :) Yeah, I agree Casserly has screwed up on a lot of our draft picks.

We've been waiting for this draft for several seasons now, specifically for offensive line, and more specifically for a stud LT. They put it off last year, waiting for this upcoming draft. Now, you want Reggie Bush. We need a guy to seriously compete with Pitts for LT and the loser plays RT. We need more linemen than that too. We also need a cornerback, thanks to Casserly, and we've needed a second starting receiver forever, unless it's going to be Mathis. So, you want a RB? DD and Wells are 2 of like 4 or 5 players that don't need to be replaced and that's what some of you want?

I know Bush is supposed to be the next Barry Sanders, but how many Super Bowls did the Lions win anyway? Why? Well, probably because their O-line sucked. My vote is for Ferguson and my contention is that we need linemen.

REGGIE
REGGIE
REGGIE
001.jpg

I think this horse will help the Texans tremendously... If we have the 1st pick in the draft, there's no way that we can pass on someone of this magnitude. RB's don't come like this that often, and I see him being a Tomlinson type impact player.

So I say, the Texans should just blow the rest of the year. Why win a game, it's not going to boost sales, etc.. If you get a guy like Reggie Bush on the team, tickets will sale out next year, we'll better our team, and maybe we will start winning games.

I know a lot of people are going to say, what about the O-Line. I say, we pick up players later in the draft, trade for some, or pick some off of FA.

Reggiebtxn

BTW - C-Ya Capers... Mariuchi would be a great fit !!!

HJam72 said:
We've been waiting for this draft for several seasons now, specifically for offensive line, and more specifically for a stud LT. They put it off last year, waiting for this upcoming draft. Now, you want Reggie Bush. We need a guy to seriously compete with Pitts for LT and the loser plays RT. We need more linemen than that too. We also need a cornerback, thanks to Casserly, and we've needed a second starting receiver forever, unless it's going to be Mathis. So, you want a RB? DD and Wells are 2 of like 4 or 5 players that don't need to be replaced and that's what some of you want?

I know Bush is supposed to be the next Barry Sanders, but how many Super Bowls did the Lions win anyway? Why? Well, probably because their O-line sucked. My vote is for Ferguson and my contention is that we need linemen.

Who has been waiting on this draft? I was sitting in Japan after being up for 28 straight hours when Casserly did not select Derrick Johnson, that was terrible. And I was sitting in Fort Worth when that ***** of a GM traded 4 picks for a second string player. Dont tell me this is the one, cause what were the last 4 if this is the one? This may be the one that the next great one is available at #1, and if we have the first pick, you select him for two reasons: DD is not a great runningback, and you can select other lineman later in the draft, Pitts is our future LT if you haven't noticed. The guy is good at LT, period. This will not get fixed in one year. If the Texans have the first pick and screw this one up, I will never ever support this team ever again. YOU CAN NOT PASS UP SOMEONE LIKE REGGIE BUSH, IT IS LIKE COMMITING SUICIDE!!!!:texflag:

Pitts is acceptable at LT. What about the rest of the line? If we keep drafting linemen later, we're going to keep having the same problems. Great LTs can't be acquired through trades. DD isn't a great running back, true. Maybe he needs an O-line and an actual passing threat. Besides, we don't need superstar skills players when we don't even have the basic support of a line yet. We've got AJ, one of the best receivers in the game. How much good is that doing us right now with crap for an O-line?

I'm not gonna be all upset if they take Bush, but I think it's really the wrong move. We can always make trades for this or that and DD and Wells are expendable if Bush is the next Jesus and all that. We're not gonna just go out and buy a serious LT though and wouldn't it be nice if Pitts were NOT our best LT? Real contenders always have a good O-line. They don't always have a superstar QB/receiver/runningback. A good O-line will allow every skills player on the offense to look better and allow the D to spend more time on the sidelines.

I'm not just pulling for Ferguson here. I want a stud LT. He's not the only one. How about a really good center? Do we have the guards we really need. I want the O-line to be the main focus of this draft.

HJam72 said:
Pitts is acceptable at LT. What about the rest of the line? If we keep drafting linemen later, we're going to keep having the same problems. Great LTs can't be acquired through trades. DD isn't a great running back, true. Maybe he needs an O-line and an actual passing threat. Besides, we don't need superstar skills players when we don't even have the basic support of a line yet. We've got AJ, one of the best receivers in the game. How much good is that doing us right now with crap for an O-line?

I'm not gonna be all upset if they take Bush, but I think it's really the wrong move. We can always make trades for this or that and DD and Wells are expendable if Bush is the next Jesus and all that. We're not gonna just go out and buy a serious LT though and wouldn't it be nice if Pitts were NOT our best LT? Real contenders always have a good O-line. They don't always have a superstar QB/receiver/runningback. A good O-line will allow every skills player on the offense to look better and allow the D to spend more time on the sidelines.

I'm not just pulling for Ferguson here. I want a stud LT. He's not the only one. How about a really good center? Do we have the guards we really need. I want the O-line to be the main focus of this draft.

Yes Pitts is a good LT, and the last 5 games should show that. That is where he should have been the whole time. The 33rd, 65th, and NO pick should be on nothing but lineman, that is if we have the #1 pick. You can get a really good LT if that is what you want with the first pick in the second round, it's that deep at LT.

uhcougar08 said:

Ok, check this out. I completely don't agree with you but I'm about to agree with you. Now if you think that doesn't make any sense then just gimmie a second here.

First of all Chester Pitts is not our answer at LT. He's going to be able to keep our QB from getting killed and he's going to hold his own there. He'd be a much better guard if he could just stay there and focus on that position... and of course if he had a real LT beside him.... and a real center. Ok, I digress.

Anyway what I'm saying is that we need a franchise LT and Chester isn't it. He'll do though and here is where I'm going to say that I think the Texans are already thinking about drafting Reggie Bush. My reason is that they're talking about Pitts being the long term answer at LT.

Now sure they may be thinking about trading down and I'll admit that is possible. I just have this funny feeling though that as we approach a LT filled first round but don't make any noise at all about selecting a LT, that there's something going on here.

With the way the team/fan love-fest came apart this year I think they're going to pick a player who will put butts in seats (and I think they're going to try and pick a coach who will do that too). That player, if we pick first and if he's declared for the draft, will be Reggie Bush.

Oh and one other thing. There's nothing wrong with the line we have that a decent offensive line coach and another training camp couldn't fix. I mean it too. Save the picks for getting a real TE and a FS.

uhcougar08 said:

I STILL don't think you realize the situation at LT. Pitts has done well since he moved back to LT. Keep in mind that he has done that predominantly with a dink-and-dunk, flat-pass oriented attack. Only against a horrible Ram's defense did we open it up. I just don't think he is our long-term solution at LT. I believe he would be better geared to play RT for us. So we return to the long-term need for a LT. We likely need to spend a top 20 pick on one.

I'm not for drafting Bush and trading back up into the 1st to get a LT. We basically did that with Babin and Buchanon (considered 1st round talent by the staff) the past seasons, and that didn't work well. I don't think doing that a third time is a good idea.

TheOgre said:
I STILL don't think you realize the situation at LT. Pitts has done well since he moved back to LT.

Explain to me why he can hold his own against Freeney for two games, and wasn't he a LT in college? For a guy who allowed one sack in 762 snaps and was a third team All-American, what is it that you people don't like about him being our franchise LT? I am dumbfounded why we need to spend a first round pick on a OT when we could possibly have the 33rd and 65th picks on the first day, not to mention the NO pick? I just dont see the reasoning when compared to the facts.

uhcougar08 said:
Explain to me why he can hold his own against Freeney for two games, and wasn't he a LT in college? For a guy who allowed one sack in 762 snaps and was a third team All-American, what is it that you people don't like about him being our franchise LT? I am dumbfounded why we need to spend a first round pick on a OT when we could possibly have the 33rd and 65th picks on the first day, not to mention the NO pick? I just dont see the reasoning when compared to the facts.

Pitts is definitely the best LT on the team right now. The problem in annointing him the franchise LT off the past few games is the Texans have been running a kindergarden offense with all sorts of quick slants, hitches etc. rather than a full menu offense. I for one would like to see him perform with a wide open offense on an island the last games of this season before deciding he is Roman Oben or Matt Light and keeping him as a non-1st rounder LT. Frankly, IMO it is almost misconduct if the Texans don't open up the O the rest of the way and really figure out where the breakdowns happen.

I have to agree there. As much as I like Bush and I do like him a whoooole lot. I think he is the sexy pick not necessarily the best pick. I want some BIG COWS up front to move that pile regardless of who is back there.

Again I say....we are so damn bad I won't be mad at whoever we pick (within reason.)

Pitts never played football in high school, and rarely played in college his first two years, so they guy was raw coming in to the NFL, which i think is a plus for us. Now hes got it under his belt and he can run with it if he wants it. Heck, he was drafted in the second round behind Gaff and Carr, so he was highly regarded by the Texans, even though that doesn't mean a whole lot to me. We will see how he plays the last five games, but Im really high on him. So, my thinking here is, you got your LT IMO, and I dont think you pass on Bush, no matter what the case is, unless the trade deal will be outrageous. I hope for the next two games, Bush plays like I know he can. That way his value goes up and so does our trade value if we do get the number one pick.

I'd have to see Pitts DOMINATE the next 5 games. That doens't just mean not allowing a sack but i mean breaking his opponents will.

I'm not convinced you can say Pitts has Walter Jones potential but you can say that about Ferguson (according to scouts). If I hear that about Pitts maybe I'll change my tune but not until then.

Texas_Thrill said:
I'm not convinced you can say Pitts has Walter Jones potential but you can say that about Ferguson (according to scouts).

Every year the top LT is the next Pace, Ogden or Jones, the top LB is the next Lawrence Taylor, etc. Not saying Ferguson isn't good, but trusting hype rather than analysis from scouts is perilous--they hype every year so they are bound to be right every once in a while.

Texas_Thrill said:
I'd have to see Pitts DOMINATE the next 5 games. That doens't just mean not allowing a sack but i mean breaking his opponents will.

I'm not convinced you can say Pitts has Walter Jones potential but you can say that about Ferguson (according to scouts). If I hear that about Pitts maybe I'll change my tune but not until then.

I have heard great stuff about D'Brickashaw (thats a cool name) too, and would love to have him, but I also have heard Bush being rated as the highest player to come out in the last 15 years. Plus, he has been compared to Gayle Sayers, how do you ever pass on someone like that? It is like passing on MJ, isn't it, if he is rated that high?

First Reggie Bush is no Gale Sayers. Bush will be a good player in the NFL, but Gale Sayers is one of the greatest RBs to ever play the game, Bush is not even the greatest RB in college football right now.

Coach C. said:
First Reggie Bush is no Gale Sayers. Bush will be a good player in the NFL, but Gale Sayers is one of the greatest RBs to ever play the game, Bush is not even the greatest RB in college football right now.

My bad, he is not Sayers. He is Reggie Bush. So you dont pass on him. Thats all I have to say bout that.

I love it that some say Pitts is the best LT on the team. That's a bit like saying he is the smatest kid on the short bus. Is he doing well in the casterated offense we are running...yea, not bad. Is he good enough to be an LT in a full blown 7 drop offense.....unknown. I don't think taking a top tackle would be a wrong move given the history of this line.

Good news for the Bush lovers. Casserly this morning on 610am said he just got back from USC. Sounds like he's doing a little scouting of a certain USC player or players.

Hopefully, he won't be around to make that decision though. :texflag:

edo783 said:
I love it that some say Pitts is the best LT on the team. That's a bit like saying he is the smatest kid on the short bus. Is he doing well in the casterated offense we are running...yea, not bad. Is he good enough to be an LT in a full blown 7 drop offense.....unknown. I don't think taking a top tackle would be a wrong move given the history of this line.
I agree with you on that, i wouldnt be upset if we did at #5, but at #1 you go with "The Playmaker," Reggie Bush. You can get a OT at #33, cant you?

First of all I'm pretty sure Casserly is going to be back to make that decision. He's got Capers to direct all the blame to so expect one more coach to be hired (and maybe fired) before anything negative happens to Charlie Casserly.

Second I believe that if the Texans have the chance we're drafting Reggie Bush. Yes there are things to be said for trading down and getting more picks. Charlie loves more picks. The thing about Pitts being our future LT though has me convinced that he's going to ignore that position again this year.

The offense is going to short bus it all the way through these last five games and then claim that Pitts fixed the LT problems because Carr didn't get sacked like groceries. Then Capers goes out the door (He and his staff were the problem all along....and I sure hope Casserly is right when he uses this excuse) and "New Coach" is hired. The name of "New coach" is really immaterial at this point. New Coach will need to evaluate the players we already have here and he'll agree that Reggie Bush is the next Gale Sayers.

I'm already feeling certain that were going to see something similar to that scenario. It's so.....Texans.

Hervoyel said:
First of all I'm pretty sure Casserly is going to be back to make that decision. He's got Capers to direct all the blame to so expect one more coach to be hired (and maybe fired) before anything negative happens to Charlie Casserly.

Second I believe that if the Texans have the chance we're drafting Reggie Bush. Yes there are things to be said for trading down and getting more picks. Charlie loves more picks. The thing about Pitts being our future LT though has me convinced that he's going to ignore that position again this year.

The offense is going to short bus it all the way through these last five games and then claim that Pitts fixed the LT problems because Carr didn't get sacked like groceries. Then Capers goes out the door (He and his staff were the problem all along....and I sure hope Casserly is right when he uses this excuse) and "New Coach" is hired. The name of "New coach" is really immaterial at this point. New Coach will need to evaluate the players we already have here and he'll agree that Reggie Bush is the next Gale Sayers.

I'm already feeling certain that were going to see something similar to that scenario. It's so.....Texans.

Unfortunately, I think you may be right. Casserly may be able to blame Capers for the Babin, Hollings, and Joppru picks, but the blame for handing out bad contracts goes squarely on him. There was no reason to give Marcus Coleman a contract extension before he ever played the saftey position, Wong before he ever played the MLB position, or the rediculous signing bonus they gave to Gary Walker.

For those of you not wanting Bush, im sorry that yall just dont get it. He is one of the best players ever to play college football. It would be a shame not to take him. You never let a guy like this pass through your hands.

I watched Bush today. He will easily win the Heisman, this guy is the most electrifying player in college. Texans must get him.

Vote for Bush!!

Paul Tagliabue:

With the first pick in the 2006 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select Reggie Bush from the University of Southern California..

if the Texans get the 1st pick and don't take Reggie Bush it will be the one mistake this franchise will NEVER live down, because that man ( God willing and the creeks don't rise) WILL GO DOWN IN NFL HISTORY!!!!!!!!! I'd sure like to watch his career unfold in a TEXANS uniform:yahoo: :texflag: :drool:

wow. It was VY that was god on this board and now it is Reggie Bush who is. This is a weird thing that people dont understand about the NFL. You are not going up against a team that has 5 maybe 6 stars that might make the NFL anymore, you are going against the best of the best. Bush is fast, but he is not faster than Vick, Mathis, or even Deangelo Hall. There are countless LBs that will catch Bush in the NFL. He will not be able to dance in the backfield anymore. Don't get me wrong Bush is a good player and he should have a good career, when I see him play I think of Warrick Dunn. He is close to the same size at 5-11 190lbs. I think he will be that type of pro, with more long runs. Remember W. Dunn is a multiple time Pro-Bowler.

Coach C. said:
This is a weird thing that people dont understand about the NFL. You are not going up against a team that has 5 maybe 6 stars that might make the NFL anymore, you are going against the best of the best. Bush is fast, but he is not faster than Vick, Mathis, or even Deangelo Hall. There are countless LBs that will catch Bush in the NFL. He will not be able to dance in the backfield anymore.

Good point. Everyone sees the highlights as Bush or Young or whomever else you want to throw into the mix against a Stanford or Baylor (hurts me to say it) or whatever where there aren't many guys on the team that even have a shot at making it as a UDFA in the NFL much less a draft pick. Some of the most talented and deep teams in the nation would be doing well to have 5 or 6 or 7 NFL quality players on their entire team (ie. FSU, Miami, etc.) When players make that leap from college to the pros they've got to have more than just natural ability because they're going to be faced with 11 guys on the opposing teams defense that have just as much if not more natural ability and the experience and knowledge of the game to boot.

Will Bush be able to run all over the field on an NFL defense like he does now against college teams? No. Will he still be successful as an NFL RB? I believe so, but that all depends on him and his commitment to be a player in this league. If he's willing to put the work in to make himself bigger and stronger and smarter then he'll see the results on the field. If he's only going to rely on his physical talents and skill then he's not going to be much more than a 3rd Down back.

Back