Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

QBs in this draft class.

Enviornment is very important. Dooley provided a terrible enviornment. Bray would do well on a very structured team like the Texans with Kubiak helping correct his flaws. IMHO

Some people look at these college 21 yr olds as finished products. LOL

Exactly, you can't draft a college QB thinking he's a finished product, you have to draft him based on what he is now combined with what you think he will become in the future. As college QB at Tenn. Bray is BMOC and we all know colleges kiss these guys ass and help them along in everyway possible acedemically and with off the field issues. Once he gets into the NFL he'll have no alternative but to mature and I think with a structured team like the Texans with strong veteran leadership (AJ, JJo, Antonio Smith, Myers, Duane Brown, etc...) focused youngsters (Watt, Cushing, KJ, Quin, Foster, etc...) as well as a no BS owner, coaching staff, and GM, Bray would mature quickly and get his **** straight. As for on the field WTF moments, you try to limit them but even elite level pros screw up, didn't Favre lead the league in interceptions. God knows Schaub has plenty of WTF moments every year. As long as your not taking him in the 1st round and expecting him to start right away or investing a high 1st round salary in him, he's worth taking a risk. Hell they're all risky players.

I guess his Combine testing and interviews will be very important. I still think he has potential to go in the 1st round.

Let me preface this by saying ive only seen Nassib play in 4 games. I agree his footwork is not great and it causes a large portion of his bad throws. I think he is a better athlete than you seem to give him credit for, but yes he nowhere near RG3 (most aren’t) Luck, or Wilson. Athletically I would compare him to Cutler. Everything I have read about him says he is a hardworking kid who is very smart which makes me believe his footwork, and decision making can improve under Kubiak. I in no way believe he can supplant Schaub soon; just that he is the kind of guy that will be able to cash in on his physical ability. Thanks for responding though, you can’t believe everything you read on the web and I appreciate your input.

Coon, another thing I noticed now that I watched a few more games, Nassib just doesn't have good enough arm strength to be successful at the next level.

If you think Schaub has noodle arm, well, say hello to Nassib.
I will try to have the breakdown in the future (don't know when yet).

I've been watching some Bama games, mainly to look at the RT Fluker.
He mostly dominated LSU the last two years.

During Senior Bowl practice, he looked a little weak in pass pro.
It showed here and there in some games, too.
But overall, I would be comfortable if the Texans draft him (I haven't watched much of the other OTs yet, however).

The TE 89 Michael Williams is a big guy.
He looks really really good in blocking but they didn't use him much in the passing game.
A 6th round pick looks like a steal; probably needs to spend a 5th for him.
I like him a whole lot more than Anthony Hill, that's for sure.
He can get pretty low to; I wonder if we can also use him at FB.
He weighs somewhere in the 260s and does have a pretty mean streak.

McCarron looks like a future NFL QB.
If he continues to develop, I think he will become a very good QB.
If the Texans draft him next year, we will also have the benefit of watching Miss Alabama at the games; man, is she hot!
That one worths the pick, LOL.

Coon, another thing I noticed now that I watched a few more games, Nassib just doesn't have good enough arm strength to be successful at the next level.

If you think Schaub has noodle arm, well, say hello to Nassib.
I will try to have the breakdown in the future (don't know when yet).

I soured on Nassib weeks ago, the more I watch of all of these Qb's the less I like them. I have gone on record in one of my mocks that we shouldn't take a Qb this year, and pray McCarron falls to us in the first next year. I think he is going to be special.

How does next year's QB class look compared to these guys? Would it make sense for a team, like KC with Brady Quin, or Arizona with Kolb, to wait & decide on a QB next season?

How does next year's QB class look compared to these guys? Would it make sense for a team, like KC with Brady Quin, or Arizona with Kolb, to wait & decide on a QB next season?

Next years class is much better than this years class. I think there are two maybe 3 franchise Qb's. Teddy Bridgewater, and A.J. McCarron are the one's I really like, but if Marcus Marriota from Oregon and Johnny Manziel go in the draft then there could potentially be 4 first round Qb's next year.

Next years class is much better than this years class. I think there are two maybe 3 franchise Qb's. Teddy Bridgewater, and A.J. McCarron are the one's I really like, but if Marcus Marriota from Oregon and Johnny Manziel go in the draft then there could potentially be 4 first round Qb's next year.

So if you're Kansas City, how do you manage this so that you're in position to get one of the 3?

Tank?

If the texans taken qb i really hope it's dysert. I don't know if he's a franchise guy, but i think he could be an upgrade over yates and possibly make a good starter. Kubiak would have to tame him a little though. But dysert is my favorite qb that I've seen of the realistic possibilities.

Matt Waldman doing what he does...

Tulane QB Ryan Griffin and The Disconnect Between Evaluating and Drafting Talent

The flavor of Texas versus Nation week may well have been 6-4, 216-pound Tulane quarterback Ryan Griffin. NFL Draft analyst Dane Brugler was among several who believe Griffin’s stock is on the rise to the point that he should hear his name called in April. Compared to the Geno Smiths, Matt Barkleys, Mike Glennons, and Tyler Wilsons of this prospect class, the changing perception of Griffin’s draft grade seems like an afterthought. The fact that Griffin served as the front man for a 2-10 squad doesn’t help...

... a nicely done, very in depth piece on drafting and Griffin.

Ironic isn't it, Texans traded places with Ravens who selected Flacco now one of the top QB's in the NFL :kubepalm:

I think that's a bit overboard. He's been so up and down over his career and he did get hot in the playoffs this year. I still wouldn't take him over Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers or even Big Ben.

Dude's going to get paid this year for his hot hand, but I'm still not sold on him being elite.

Though like someone else already pointed out having a top LT in the game isn't so bad either.

I'd still love to steal a guy like Bray in the second.

There are about 4 guys in the 2014 draft that I'd take over anyone in the 2013 class.

Aaron Murray, Tajh Boyd, AJ McCarron, and Logan Thomas.

There's no way we're drafting a franchise QB this year, but maybe depending how well or bad Schaub plays next season, maybe we will. If we draft a QB this year, he's going to be behind TJ Yates if anything.

There are about 4 guys in the 2014 draft that I'd take over anyone in the 2013 class.

There's no way we're drafting a franchise QB this year, but maybe depending how well or bad Schaub plays next season, maybe we will. If we draft a QB this year, he's going to be behind TJ Yates if anything.

You mean Bridgewater over Thomas right? Thomas was atrocious this year and I don't expect much more from him next year.

I agree and think Bray has the skill but lacks the maturity. On a pro team surrounded by older players/mentors and coaches that won't kiss his ass I think Bray could be the best QB in this class. I think he'll be forced to grow up quick and has all the physical skills.

I don't watch much college football, so I'm not up to date with this kind of information, but what did Bray do to lead everybody to say he's immature?

I don't watch much college football, so I'm not up to date with this kind of information, but what did Bray do to lead everybody to say he's immature?

He was underaged, he and his roommate threw beer bottles at a girls car. When Jones ws hired Bray showed up to meet the new HC with a chaw of tobacco.

Dooley was the main problem with what was wrong with the Vols program. He was in over his head.

The only QB that I would definitely take over Bray is Bridgewater and maybe McCarron. McCarron looked great playing behind one of the greatest OL's in college football history. I still like MCCarrons moxie though.

Bray was better than Murray and Boyd.

I'm going to try and keep my eye on Bridgewater this year. He looked really good in the Sugar Bowl, and if he is somewhat off this upcoming season, he could fall to us in the 2014 draft. I like what I saw out of him, and think he could fit really well into our system.

2 problems though. 1. He has hype from this game, and could already be on top of some teams lists, and 2. It was just one game. I assume he had to be good to get that team to the Sugar Bowl, but there has to be something he lacks in.

Keepin an eye out. Hopefully, he goes under the radar, because I would spend a 1st rounder on him

I'm going to try and keep my eye on Bridgewater this year. He looked really good in the Sugar Bowl, and if he is somewhat off this upcoming season, he could fall to us in the 2014 draft. I like what I saw out of him, and think he could fit really well into our system.

2 problems though. 1. He has hype from this game, and could already be on top of some teams lists, and 2. It was just one game. I assume he had to be good to get that team to the Sugar Bowl, but there has to be something he lacks in.

Keepin an eye out. Hopefully, he goes under the radar, because I would spend a 1st rounder on him

Trust me bridgewater isn't falling under the radar next year.

I like a lot of things about A J McCarron, except that I have yet to see him complete a pass further than 40 yards from the LOS (and I have checked out all of those completions.)

On several of these "not-so-deep" balls, the receivers had to come back for it or wait for it.

I'd like to see an improvement in that area next year.

No matter what, it's still remarkable that he suffered only 3 INTs.
One bounced off the receivers' hands; one was a rub play where a receiver was supposed to pick off a defender - but failed - McCarron was throwing to a spot on this quick timing pattern it's prett much like a blind throw.

The third one was on a fade route near the end zone where he expected the receiver to stop, but the receiver had a different idea (going for a fade forward instead of a back-shoulder fade.)
I put this one on him still, as the CB was playing inside position and the pass was not thrown far enough toward the side line.

I have not watched enough of the other QBs, maybe Boyd (as I was looking at his two receivers.) He has some potential, but I don't see first round at the moment.

I haven't seen much of Bridgewater but from the little I saw, I was not impressed.

I did watched quite a bit of Murray in his sophomore year, but not last year.
The guy also has some potential, looking quite poise against strong SEC competition.

The only QB that I would definitely take over Bray is Bridgewater and maybe McCarron. McCarron looked great playing behind one of the greatest OL's in college football history. I still like MCCarrons moxie though.

Bray was better than Murray and Boyd.

Steelb, I think that Bama line was slightly overrated in pass pro, just like the Texans line was.

The Tides don't go deep all that much, so their load was not quite heavy with McCaron getting the ball out fairly quickly. Also, for some reason, McCarron seems to want to get out of the pocket a little early (more often than I'd like for my QB to.)

Nah. Texans have a proclivity to overpay QB position. Probably move up into the top 10 just like Atlanta did for Julio Jones?

Matt Barkley weak arm, poor velocity, does not drive ball on deep throws, poor feet ... significant question as to whether he has the physical attributes to be a quality NFL QB

I heard yesterday that Barkley wasn't going to throw at the combine, because his arm wouldn't be ready in time. As if he had an issue that hadn't healed yet.

Know anything about that?

I was guessing where Leebig got his conclusion from; I guessed right. :)

But we ought to remember that Cosell said that it's early in the process.
I think he said he only watch 2 or 3 games on each of these QBs at the time of the podcast.

He had to spend time on some 500 players (maybe at least 200) in a short amount of time.

I try not to be so ambitious.

Also, it seems to me like Cosell is favoring the Madden's approach a little more over Bill Walsh's.

Yet, Cosell still had to admit that he was "wrong" on Kaepernick.
My records on QBs in the last few years are still "very good".

I have yet to make a wrong call.

It will be tough luck for me if Barkley doesn't recover fully from his shoulder injury.

The guys who definitely have stronger arms in this class are Glennon, Geno, and Manuel.

Dysert might, too; but it's pretty close.

The thing about Barkley is that he may not be able to improve on his arm strength much more because his footwork and throwing mechanic is already near top form while the other guys should be able to improve in these areas to make their range even better.

But Barkley already shows better arm strength than Schaub.

Now, I've never consider Barkley as an elite QB in college.
In fact, I was against all the hypes he got as an USC recruit; I don't have a bias for Barkley.
At the same time, I don't care about the failure of other USC QBs in the pros either. They have nothing to do with one another as far as individual talent and QB prowess is concerned.

To me, Barkley shows an overall game that lend itself to a solid NFL QB.
I "kinda" disliked him as a Freshman at USC, but it looks to me like he's been working on it, I think his arrow is pointing up.

Now to EJ Manuel.
This guys has improved a great deal from his Jr. year.
It makes you wonder though, where was his head?
This might be a classic case when a guy discovers how to use brainpower instead of pure athleticism.

On this one, I agree with Leebig.
This guy can be a dark horse.
Can somebody teaches this young man to further develop his mind?

This guy really impressed me from one year to the next.
His decision making... How he handles himself in the pocket.
I like his potential better than Dysert.

Greg Cosell podcast preliminarily covers QBs:

Geno Smith no question he has NFL arm, bounces on drops(negative)
Matt Barkley weak arm, poor velocity, does not drive ball on deep throws, poor feet ... significant question as to whether he has the physical attributes to be a quality NFL QB

...covers Glennon, Nassib, Manuel in first 20-30 minutes of this link.

Your links are dead.

As for Barkley, watch his 2011 tape instead of 2012. He looked like a completely different player to me. He arguably had better WR talent to throw to in 2012, yet he regressed as a passer. I think the change of the offensive scheme killed his draft-ability in 2012. He doesn't look at all like the same player, and it seemed like 80-90% of his passes were 5 yards or less. I don't think that was on him, but rather on the playcalling. I think Barkley is a diamond in the rough this year, because what he showed in 2011 was much much much better than anything he did in 2012. Taking him mid-2nd or later would be a steal IMO.

If for some reason Geno Smith is available at #27, would his value be high enough for the Texans to draft him over a need position like WR, ILB, or NT?

While I can say that I wouldn't be too thrilled if that were the case, I honestly don't think I could blame the front office either for a bold move like that.

What do you guys think?

If for some reason Geno Smith is available at #27, would his value be high enough for the Texans to draft him over a need position like WR, ILB, or NT?

While I can say that I wouldn't be too thrilled if that were the case, I honestly don't think I could blame the front office either for a bold move like that.

What do you guys think?

Some team would probably be willing to give up a nice pick next year to move back into the first in order to draft him in such a late slide. I think he has a decent chance at being a good nfl QB but there are more interesting players in 2014 and 2015.

Some team would probably be willing to give up a nice pick next year to move back into the first in order to draft him in such a late slide. I think he has a decent chance at being a good nfl QB but there are more interesting players in 2014 and 2015.

I also don't believe what they are saying. A QB is going to go in the top 10 & I bet two others go before the 20th pick. This is a QB driven league & there aren't enough franchise QBs to go around.

I would be surprised if the Texans draft a QB before the third round. But if they do, that would confirm that his Lisfranc affected him more than they are saying.

What do you guys think?

Talent wise, I think he's there.
I've read that his QB coach said he can do it from under center, although I don't think I've seen it from the games I watched.
I like to see how he does certain thing from there to be sure.

With Cam Newton, for example, I was able to see 21 snaps with him under center, and his footwork, his read, his hand-off to the back, his drop, his deep throws, they all look fine (even better than some of the QBs who played in a pro offense or WCO). So, I didn't hesitate one bit when I stated that I can see him as the number one player to be drafted that year (not just the first QB to be drafted.)

Assuming what his QB coach said is true, I don't have any problem with Geno Smith in the talent department. (By the same token, I don't see Smith last to our spot.)

But I don't expect the Texans to draft a QB early; I doubt they draft a QB at all, unless like TK said, they know that something is wrong with Schaub.

I would like to take the opportunity to speak positively for my favorite QB prospect in this draft: Matt Scott. At 6'2, 212lbs he ran the 3rd best 40 time for a QB and set the best-ever mark for the 20-yard shuttle run by a QB (3.99). He has excellent agility and athleticism. He has good arm strength. The ball came out in a nice tight spiral with plenty of zip on short and intermediate throws. He was very accurate on short and intermediate throws. His deeper throws were not as accurate but had plenty of power. I suspect a lot of that is due to his very inconsistent foot work. Once that problem is cleaned up, he could be accurate on longer throws as well.

The next iteration of the ZBS could be an option read. Matt Scott would be an excellent choice to QB such an offense. His precombine performances reminded me of a young Jake the Snake and his combine performance cemented it for me. I would take him in the 3rd round.

I would like to take the opportunity to speak positively for my favorite QB prospect in this draft: Matt Scott. At 6'2, 212lbs he ran the 3rd best 40 time for a QB and set the best-ever mark for the 20-yard shuttle run by a QB (3.99). He has excellent agility and athleticism. He has good arm strength. The ball came out in a nice tight spiral with plenty of zip on short and intermediate throws. He was very accurate on short and intermediate throws. His deeper throws were not as accurate but had plenty of power. I suspect a lot of that is due to his very inconsistent foot work. Once that problem is cleaned up, he could be accurate on longer throws as well.

The next iteration of the ZBS could be an option read. Matt Scott would be an excellent choice to QB such an offense. His precombine performances reminded me of a young Jake the Snake and his combine performance cemented it for me. I would take him in the 3rd round.
Scott is a guy I've been putting on the back burner, just because I don't think the Texans will draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. But yeah, I've been hearing good things about him.

Scott is a guy I've been putting on the back burner, just because I don't think the Texans will draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. But yeah, I've been hearing good things about him.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. I really don't think Schaub is a longterm answer. His mobility, which was not great before the injury, was next to nothing after the injury. He claims he did not have an injury down the stretch and if true suggests his arm was weakening or he was getting some dead arm. Not the QB to go forward with, but Smith gave him the big $ contract. I also don't think Yates or Keenum is the guy. The Yates I saw in the preseason and in the later part of the reg season appeared to regress from his rookie year. Yes, he was able to scramble, but accuracy was off and decision making wasn't there.

I think Scott has the potential to be an above average QB in this league. The combination of arm and ability to run would be an intriguing option. I am not suggesting he should run it like Kapernick(sp), but in an option offense which utilizes boots(like the Texans) he could be particularly effective.

I was guessing where Leebig got his conclusion from; I guessed right. :)

But we ought to remember that Cosell said that it's early in the process.
I think he said he only watch 2 or 3 games on each of these QBs at the time of the podcast.

He had to spend time on some 500 players (maybe at least 200) in a short amount of time.

I try not to be so ambitious.

Also, it seems to me like Cosell is favoring the Madden's approach a little more over Bill Walsh's.

Yet, Cosell still had to admit that he was "wrong" on Kaepernick.
My records on QBs in the last few years are still "very good".

I have yet to make a wrong call.

It will be tough luck for me if Barkley doesn't recover fully from his shoulder injury.

The guys who definitely have stronger arms in this class are Glennon, Geno, and Manuel.

Dysert might, too; but it's pretty close.

The thing about Barkley is that he may not be able to improve on his arm strength much more because his footwork and throwing mechanic is already near top form while the other guys should be able to improve in these areas to make their range even better.

But Barkley already shows better arm strength than Schaub.

Now, I've never consider Barkley as an elite QB in college.
In fact, I was against all the hypes he got as an USC recruit; I don't have a bias for Barkley.
At the same time, I don't care about the failure of other USC QBs in the pros either. They have nothing to do with one another as far as individual talent and QB prowess is concerned.

To me, Barkley shows an overall game that lend itself to a solid NFL QB.
I "kinda" disliked him as a Freshman at USC, but it looks to me like he's been working on it, I think his arrow is pointing up.

Now to EJ Manuel.
This guys has improved a great deal from his Jr. year.
It makes you wonder though, where was his head?
This might be a classic case when a guy discovers how to use brainpower instead of pure athleticism.

On this one, I agree with Leebig.
This guy can be a dark horse.
Can somebody teaches this young man to further develop his mind?

This guy really impressed me from one year to the next.
His decision making... How he handles himself in the pocket.
I like his potential better than Dysert.

I'm not gonna say i told ya so, but you're not the only guy who watches tape. Just as i stated the faults of schaub way before anyone wanted to admit them, barkley is in that same mold. When there is pressure inside, he cant reset his feet off a slide and deliver the ball down the field. Now, people want to use brady as an exapmle, but before the knee injury, brady was pretty moblie. He never had a cannon, but he didnt have to wind up to deliver. If you go back and look at brady post injury, he had all kinds of problems getting the ball outside to moss. Even right now, 80% of his passes are inside the numbers. Barkley is like this and its hard to be successful with a guy like that. In the playoffs, you will have people at your feet and once you anchor, sometimes you have to reset and go to other options. Thats something barkley cant do because he has slow feet. I mean, Vick has slow feet as crazy as it may sound, but he has one of the best arms in the nfl.

I'm not gonna say i told ya so, but you're not the only guy who watches tape. Just as i stated the faults of schaub way before anyone wanted to admit them, barkley is in that same mold. When there is pressure inside, he cant reset his feet off a slide and deliver the ball down the field. Now, people want to use brady as an exapmle, but before the knee injury, brady was pretty moblie. He never had a cannon, but he didnt have to wind up to deliver. If you go back and look at brady post injury, he had all kinds of problems getting the ball outside to moss. Even right now, 80% of his passes are inside the numbers. Barkley is like this and its hard to be successful with a guy like that. In the playoffs, you will have people at your feet and once you anchor, sometimes you have to reset and go to other options. Thats something barkley cant do because he has slow feet. I mean, Vick has slow feet as crazy as it may sound, but he has one of the best arms in the nfl.
I typed out a long response to you, but it got lost.

I'll just make it brief this time.
I think Barkley's floor is a very good back up; more likely he will be an NFL starter, ie. I think he will earn his second contract as a starter.

Now, our "friend" Cosell calls him a 4th rounder, which I read as "at best a backup".

What's your range?

On Schaub, neither one of us was mistaken.
I was never high on Schaub; never thought of him as a guy who can carry a team.
I have no idea what you mean about "I told you so" regarding to Schaub.

76Texan, I ve had barkley in 3rd rd forever. Even last yr when people said he should've come out he was a 3rd rd prospect. He doesn't have any special traits. If you want a statue, at least get one with a arm like Bray who is a better athlete and can challenge every blade of grass.

76Texan, I ve had barkley in 3rd rd forever. Even last yr when people said he should've come out he was a 3rd rd prospect. He doesn't have any special traits. If you want a statue, at least get one with a arm like Bray who is a better athlete and can challenge every blade of grass.

Fair enough! We'll see what happens down the road.

As far as QB evaluation, I don't know if we can count on one or two special traits.

I remember Greg Cosell gushing over Jamarcus Russell about "the big arm", "intuition", "can make every throw"... "From any platform".

Well, I disagreed with Cosell on 2 and 4.
Cosell thought very highly of Jamarcus, when I thought Russell was way-overhyped (even by some QB coaches, scouts, and GMs; even Al Davis.)

Or I strongly disagreed with Cosell's comparison of Russell Wilson to Seneca Wallace. (Cosell eventually changed his tune on Wilson, starting after the PS games.

So like I said, I like Cosell, but I didn't agree with him here and there.
I think he was quite high on VY, too???

Obviously, nobody is going to hit on every prospect that they study/scout.

I try not to overwhelm myself, and perhaps because of that, I've been quite consistent (never too far off my evaluation.)

I think I will continue my post later on for fear of losing this one for any reason (Internet connection for example.)

It's always good to talk football with you.

Let's backtrack to 2006.
I like VY as a college QB; he has great athleticism; I had concern about him being able to develop his passing game in the pro; I had concern about him running too much when he shouldn't, he may injures himself; or worse, he may rely on his feet too much to become a competent passer.
I like Reggie Bush; he's tremendous in space. I had concern about him being able to run between the tackles to be a great 3-down back.

I had separate discussion/bet with posters on the old TT board, but it was all tied together with Mario Williams.

My thinking is that Mario will have a better career overall than VY and Bush.

To a degree, they were all injured at some point(s) in their career; Mario's injuries has been more of a freakish nature, while VY's and Bush's have been more of a natural nature of the kind of players they are.

And yet (at least so far) Mario is still way ahead of the other two.

I think my evaluation here isn't too shabby.

I remember Greg Cosell gushing over Jamarcus Russell about "the big arm", "intuition", "can make every throw"... "From any platform".

Well, I disagreed with Cosell on 2 and 4.
Cosell thought very highly of Jamarcus, when I thought Russell was way-overhyped (even by some QB coaches, scouts, and GMs; even Al Davis.)

So like I said, I like Cosell, but I didn't agree with him here and there.
I think he was quite high on VY, too???

Jamarcus & VY are brain damaged. That's something Cosell had no way of knowing. You've got to sit down with a player & find out where their head is. They either love football, or they love what football can provide for them. You've got to figure out if they love it enough to do what it takes for a long time. The answer with VY & Jamarcus was no.... had nothing to do with their ability.

Regarding Schaub, again, it originated on the old TT board, TexanMike mentioned him first. I looked into it and I agreed that we should make a trade. My original price was a third round pick!

Obviously, I wasn't all that "thrilled" with Schaub.
Sure, I understood that we have to pay more for a previous third round pick that had shown "something" after a couple years on the bench.

Sure, eventually, we learned that the Falcons put a "first and third" designation on Schaub; it doesn't mean that I was happy with the swap in the first round and the two seconds we exchanged, on top of the contract that I thought was more than a bit high, especially considering the guaranteed money.

You can see that I thought we overpaid for Schaub.

And I've never been a Schaub's hater!
All I'm interested in is to build a team to compete, then go to the play-offs, then to contend to go deep as many times as you can.

Jamarcus & VY are brain damaged. That's something Cosell had no way of knowing. You've got to sit down with a player & find out where their head is. They either love football, or they love what football can provide for them. You've got to figure out if they love it enough to do what it takes for a long time. The answer with VY & Jamarcus was no.... had nothing to do with their ability.

This might be where some of us differ; and I am not talking about anybody in specific at all.

For a QB, my first criteria is the brain.
The brain helps the QB to run the other 10 players (and the substitutes), and to realize when they can let the D take over, and when the O needs to be the force, etc.

This might be where some of us differ; and I am not talking about anybody in specific at all.

For a QB, my first criteria is the brain.
The brain helps the QB to run the other 10 players (and the substitutes), and to realize when they can let the D take over, and when the O needs to be the force, etc.

It wasn't that they lacked the ability to grasp the game. They let the outside stuff mess with their football. Jamarcus got fat, Vince... let's just say he had that sausage thing going.

It wasn't that they lacked the ability to grasp the game. They let the outside stuff mess with their football. Jamarcus got fat, Vince... let's just say he had that sausage thing going.
Don't forget about the Purple Drank -- he loved him some Sizzurp.

At the end of the day, the guy I want at QB is the guy who can make the best out of the eleven guys on the field at one time.

The more consistently he can do it , the better.

I am not looking for a crazy good individual; I'm looking for a guy who can make the best out of the eleven on the field at a given time; and on top of that, a guy who can manage a changing eleven on the field so as to bring about the best outcome/results.

It works the same in most situations in real life.

At the end of the day, the guy I want at QB is the guy who can make the best out of the eleven guys on the field at one time.

Is there a guy in this draft that you like better than Tj or Keenum for this, that can be had for a 5th or later?

Is there a guy you like in this draft that you like better than Tj or Keenum, that is worth spending a 4th or better

A'ight, I'm going out on a limb here and predict that teams will not revert to norm and push QBs up the list this year.

I think we may see QBs drafted more in line with value, which means 2nd round & that's bad for the Texans imo.

Back