Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Put the pink soap away for good: Kubiak extended until 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
energizer-bunny.jpg

Is it reasonable to believe that team could be in the play-offs 4 years from now? If it takes 5 instead of 4, is that unacceptable?

If you say so. But that Dolphins team had the #4 total defense the year before the 1-15 season. The #5 scoring D... The Lions (like the Texans in 2006) have nothing.

Even the 2007 Saints had a great turnaround. But to compare the 2006 Saints to the Texans.... the 2006 Dolphins (2004, they had the #4 total D, #5 scoring D)to the 2006 Texans, the 2006 Falcons (2004 NFC Championship game)...

I don't understand how we can't draw parallels to coaches who had been successful....

But it's okay to expect the Texans to achieve like NFL Franchises that have been successful to some extent in "recent" history.

Gee..... I thought they had a solid but aging defense... 2 talented running backs.. & a gimmick laden ball control offense.

to sum TK's post up.

1. Excuse #1
2. Excuse #2
3. Excuse #3
4. Rationalization #1
5. Rationalization #2
6. Rationalization #3

all we need now is the excuses for next year and I am set.

no matter how you slice it, Kubiak has underperformed and failed to get things to where they need to be. Other coaches have come in with worse talent and less to work with and turned things around. They just happen to be good head coaches, something that Kubiak is not.

but whatever, keep the excuses coming sheeple. i can't wait for next year's crop.

to sum TK's post up.

1. Excuse #1
2. Excuse #2
3. Excuse #3
4. Rationalization #1
5. Rationalization #2
6. Rationalization #3

all we need now is the excuses for next year and I am set.

no matter how you slice it, Kubiak has underperformed and failed to get things to where they need to be. Other coaches have come in with worse talent and less to work with and turned things around. They just happen to be good head coaches, something that Kubiak is not.

but whatever, keep the excuses coming sheeple. i can't wait for next year's crop.

Who?

Sporano, Smith, Payton, Whisenhunt, and Ryan all turned things around and in some cases first year.

Other coaches had more to work with but have also gotten their teams on the right path like Harbaugh, Caldwell, and Tomlin.

Half this fanbase is more interested in coming up with new and improved excuses for their team's failures rather than being realistic and objective about where the problem lies with this team. If you are happy beating up the bottom half of the league and getting embarassed by the top teams in the league, so be it. That ain't enough for me. Keep being losers for all I care.

The only new coaches that Kubiak has outperformed over his 4 year span imho are Kiffin, Cable, and Morningwheg. So hoo-freaking-ray, Kubiak did better than the Raiders and Lions coaches!!! build the guy a freaking statue outside the stadium. its obvious you don't have to win to be a legend or get a statue built for you in this town. purely pathetic.

Sporano, Smith, Payton, Whisenhunt, and Ryan all turned things around and in some cases first year.

Other coaches had more to work with but have also gotten their teams on the right path like Harbaugh, Caldwell, and Tomlin.

Half this fanbase is more interested in coming up with new and improved excuses for their team's failures rather than being realistic and objective about where the problem lies with this team. If you are happy beating up the bottom half of the league and getting embarassed by the top teams in the league, so be it. That ain't enough for me. Keep being losers for all I care.

The only new coaches that Kubiak has outperformed over his 4 year span imho are Kiffin, Cable, and Morningwheg. So hoo-freaking-ray, Kubiak did better than the Raiders and Lions coaches!!! build the guy a freaking statue outside the stadium. its obvious you don't have to win to be a legend or get a statue built for you in this town. purely pathetic.

what about:
Mike Singletary
Jim Schwartz
Spagnola
Cam Cameron
that A*hole from Louisville that left Atlanta
Mike Nolan
Jim Zorn
Eric Mangini
Romeo Crennel
Todd Haley
Raheem Morris
Denny Green
Josh McDaniels
Herm Edwards
Nick Saban

to name a few.

Sporano, Smith, Payton, Whisenhunt, and Ryan all turned things around and in some cases first year.Other coaches had more to work with but have also gotten their teams on the right path like Harbaugh, Caldwell, and Tomlin.

I agree all these did well. To say that they started with no more than what Kubiak did is ludicrous.

In each instance, there are obvious reasons that explain why these coaches have a playoff appearance and Kubiak doesn't. Kubiak is in a select group of coaches who have won at least 8 games the last three seasons, but he's also the only one not to earn a postseason berth. Whisenhunt got to the SB with a 9-7 team. Does he do that in the AFC South? Hell no! Does that make him a better coach than Kubiak? Sparano's team regressed significantly after a breakout season in his first year. Does that make him better or worse than Kubiak? Mike Smith's team made the playoffs last year and then won two fewer games this season despite playing in one of the easiest divisions in the NFL. Does that make him a better coach than Kubiak? Ryan's Jets team went 9-7 (the same as Kubiak) and backed into the playoffs with the help of Cincy and Indy rolling over in weeks 16 and 17, so that makes him clearly a better coach than Kubiak? It doesn't.

Stfu with this b.s. We all want the same thing. We all want to win. I can respect the case against Kubiak because the team has failed in those important divisional games, but using this line of attack pisses me off greatly. When you Kubiak wailers say this, it makes me so angry that I want to type words that might get me suspended or banned.

In each instance, there are obvious reasons that explain why these coaches have a playoff appearance and Kubiak doesn't. Kubiak is in a select group of coaches who have won at least 8 games the last three seasons, but he's also the only one not to earn a postseason berth. Whisenhunt got to the SB with a 9-7 team. Does he do that in the AFC South? Hell no! Does that make him a better coach than Kubiak? Sparano's team regressed significantly after a breakout season in his first year. Does that make him better or worse than Kubiak? Mike Smith's team made the playoffs last year and then won two fewer games this season despite playing in one of the easiest divisions in the NFL. Does that make him a better coach than Kubiak? Ryan's Jets team went 9-7 (the same as Kubiak) and backed into the playoffs with the help of Cincy and Indy rolling over in weeks 16 and 17, so that makes him clearly a better coach than Kubiak? It doesn't.

Stfu with this b.s. We all want the same thing. We all want to win. I can respect the case against Kubiak because the team has failed in those important divisional games, but using this line of attack pisses me off greatly. When you Kubiak wailers say this, it makes me so angry that I want to type words that might get me suspended or banned.

After the NE game, Barrett and I sat at the bar in Papasito's and watched the late games and then the dreaded Sunday night game. I was't sure how we were going to afford it but Barrett and I were orchestrating a plan to take a roadtrip to Cincinnati and watch the first Texan playoff game in history. It's hard to express how exciting that thought was/is. The idea that SH would suggest I'm content to be a "loser" or root for a "loser" is unbelievable. To an unhealthy degree, I want this team to win. I'm desperate for it. It also angers me that these guys can't just accept a difference of opinion. Why is it so difficult for some of them to understand that we can believe Kubiak is the right man for the job? Not sure. I can certainly understand their concerns with him. I share some of them.

Great Post.. Must spread Rep...

:goodpost:

I'm going to spare you the excuses... but in the case of Ryans, can you explain to me how going 9-7 is turning things around when they went 9-7 last year, and should have been no better than 8-8 in 2009?

I'm just asking.
Half this fanbase is more interested in coming up with new and improved excuses
I thought I was using the same old excuses?
for their team's failures rather than being realistic and objective about where the problem lies with this team. If you are happy beating up the bottom half of the league and getting embarassed by the top teams in the league, so be it. That ain't enough for me. Keep being losers for all I care.
I thought I was clear that I'm upset with Kubiak too. Just not to the extent that you are. I'm not blaming him for "eeeevvvvveerrrything"
The only new coaches that Kubiak has outperformed over his 4 year span imho are Kiffin, Cable, and Morningwheg.
depends on how you want to define perform. I think Kubiak has performed better than most coaches in this league, as far as teacing (coaching) young men how to play at this level.

And another point I wanted to make. To say that Wisenhunt(sp) has outperformed Kubiak is to negate everything Denny Green had done the three years prior.

True or False:

Denny Green did a better job of building a team than Dom Capers.

Last edited:
Tex, and TB I bet you won't hit each other, lol.

We might! :slapfight:

Only kidding. If I saw Bill again somewhere I'd probably buy him a beer and we'd laugh about these arguments in here and make fun of one another. I don't think anyone should take any of these disagreements seriously to that kind of level. It's just a message board where opinions are discussed, and I don't have any ill will or anguish towards anyone in here. I would hope that everyone else feels the same way. :worldpeace:

Only kidding. If I saw Bill again somewhere I'd probably buy him a beer and we'd laugh about these arguments in here and make fun of one another. I don't think anyone should take any of these disagreements seriously to that kind of level. It's just a message board where opinions are discussed, and I don't have any ill will or anguish towards anyone in here. I would hope that everyone else feels the same way. :worldpeace:

Ha! I hate you for what you've said. :tease:

Hey. I don't hate you cause you're wrong. I hate you cause U R STOOOOPID!

:slapfight:

:jk:

Falcons had the first back to back winning seasons in franchise history after the mess they were in. They still finished 9-7, same as the Texans after losing their QB for games, their top RB and many other players. I heard Ryan interviewed yesterday. He said they weren't happy about it all and that the injuries were no excuse...that they expected more. I like that. As he said, many teams had injuries and it is something you have to deal with every year. The Texans should take that mindset.

I have not heard a Texans player say anything but "There's no excuse we should've won those games and been in the playoffs" in every interview that I can get my hands on. Why are people blindly assuming the players are pleased with themselves and are planning on standing pat?

I have not heard a Texans player say anything but "There's no excuse we should've won those games and been in the playoffs" in every interview that I can get my hands on. Why are people blindly assuming the players are pleased with themselves and are planning on standing pat?

it somehow validates their side of this endless debate to fabricate a massive lie.

Summary of endless pages and threads -

Pro-Kubiak:

OK with the extension/contract, shows continuity and easier to get coaches and FA to come here. (No one likes to come and work for a "dead man walking" coach.
See the improvement the team has made each year.
Offense and Defense have both made vast improvements since he has been here.
Sees there are still holes on both sides of the ball that still need to be addressed.
Glad with the winning season but knows the playoffs were within our grasp but because of various circumstances we screwed the pooch.
Knows that Kubiak is not perfect and still has some learning to do.

Anti-Kubiak:

Does not like the coach in any way possible. Thinks he is horrible and incapable of learning anything more.
Should have been fired after this year and another coach and new staff should have been hired.
The W-L record is the only measuring stick to be used for the Texans.
If we don't make the playoffs we are mediocre.
Any other coach could have been brought in here (in place of Kubiak) and taken us to the playoff by now.
If Cowher were hired this year we would be in the playoffs next year. (even if he changes the defense to a 3-4 and changes the offense from a West Coast style to one similar to the Steelers.) Because he is a god amoung football coaches.

This is getting old and boring. Everyone knows who is who in this zoo.

Can we move on to more interesting topics?

The draft and FA is coming up.

:texflag:

Whisenhunt got to the SB with a 9-7 team. Does he do that in the AFC South? Hell no!

That excuse doesn't hold water. Even if you CONCEDE both games to the
Colts, you still wind up playing two teams just as good as you are. The
Cardinals played the AFC South this year, and they beat the snot out
of the team that SWEPT the Texans 31-17, lost a close game to the
to the Titans 20-17, and BEAT the Texans 28-21.

To say the Cardinals would suffer the same futility in the AFC South the
Texans have, is just flat out stupid. The Jags and Titans find ways to compete
in the division, yet we make EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE for our annual
suckage.

Summary of endless pages and threads -

Pro-Kubiak:

OK with the extension/contract, shows continuity and easier to get coaches and FA to come here. (No one likes to come and work for a "dead man walking" coach.
See the improvement the team has made each year.
Offense and Defense have both made vast improvements since he has been here.
Sees there are still holes on both sides of the ball that still need to be addressed.
Glad with the winning season but knows the playoffs were within our grasp but because of various circumstances we screwed the pooch.
Knows that Kubiak is not perfect and still has some learning to do.

Anti-Kubiak:

Does not like the coach in any way possible. Thinks he is horrible and incapable of learning anything more.
Should have been fired after this year and another coach and new staff should have been hired.
The W-L record is the only measuring stick to be used for the Texans.
If we don't make the playoffs we are mediocre.
Any other coach could have been brought in here (in place of Kubiak) and taken us to the playoff by now.
If Cowher were hired this year we would be in the playoffs next year. (even if he changes the defense to a 3-4 and changes the offense from a West Coast style to one similar to the Steelers.) Because he is a god amoung football coaches.

The draft and FA is coming up.

You must not be paying close attention.

I like some of what he's done, just not enough to stay with the guy. He gets credit for rebuilding and making us competent. Beyond that? I'm left wanting more.

To add to that - I have not heard a Texans player who does not want Kubiak back enthusiastically. This isn't Capers with Dunta saying there need to be changes and Walker making references to the coaches. Instead you get interviews like Jacoby's where the players feel like they let their coach down and are glad he got an extension.

what about:
Mike Singletary -- Rookie Headcoach who finished 5-1 in his Division
Jim Schwartz -- Rookie Headcoach / Too soon to tell
Spagnola -- Rookie Headcoach / Too soon to tell
Cam Cameron -- Rookie Headcoach / Parcells brought in his own bunch
that A*hole from Louisville that left Atlanta -- Not a coach. Doesn't count.
Mike Nolan -- Had a few years to show he's a bottom-half coach

Jim Zorn -- Had a few years to show he's a bottom-half coach

Eric Mangini -- Made the postseason, had a QB forced on him in NY, made
the Browns respectable. Has less tenure as a headcoach than Kubiak.

Romeo Crennel -- Rookie headcoach of a team whose organization is beyond pathetic. Nice job, Kubiak.

Todd Haley -- Rookie headcoach. / Too soon to tell.

Raheem Morris -- Rookie headcoach / Too soon to tell.

Denny Green -- Turned around a historically bad franchise, who
made the superbowl when they FIRED him.

Josh McDaniels -- Rookie headcoach / Too soon to tell

Herm Edwards -- He made postseason during his tenure. Has Kubiak?

Nick Saban -- Rookie headcoach who went back to the college game.

to name a few.

So, he's smashed a ton of rookie headcoaches, and has been
out-coached by quite a few others. Hell, even the "Loser who quit
on the Falcons" had JOEY FREAKING HARRINGTON light Kubiak's squad up.

Back up, and see the forest.

To add to that - I have not heard a Texans player who does not want Kubiak back enthusiastically. This isn't Capers with Dunta saying there need to be changes and Walker making references to the coaches. Instead you get interviews like Jacoby's where the players feel like they let their coach down and are glad he got an extension.

Playing devil's advocate, maybe they know that when Kubiak's around, they'll
continue to be happy, paid, "fresh" for gameday. They also know that winning
isn't PRIORITY NUMBER ONE, which is most likely behind a different regime.
3-3, 1-5, 2-4, 1-5 in the AFC South merits an extension with the squad.

Dunta Robinson had the balls to write on his sneakers, knowing how milquetoast his
leadership is. As he stated: "That's what we're here for, is to get paid."

Status quo is comfortable. Why change it?

Dunta Robinson had the balls to write on his sneakers, knowing how milquetoast his

Does this hypothetical situation you've created in your head make you angry at Kubiak?

All guesswork on your part to fit your agenda. What we know is the players like Kubiak and McNair considered that. We also know the players quit on Capers and started saying things about it.

All guesswork on your part to fit your agenda. What we know is the players like Kubiak and McNair considered that. We also know the players quit on Capers and started saying things about it.

What do you read into the comments Mario had about how he wished he played harder this year?

If you were consistent, that would help. You give Denny Green credit for turning around a historically bad franchise? Okay, what did Kubiak do? How many winning seasons did he have? Singletary took over a team middle of last year... what was their record? Do you really value divisional record over overall record? By the way, the Texans went 3-1 vs. that division as well, including a win vs. SF. It's not okay to comare Kubiak's head to head record versus Miami but it's okay to bring up a single win that Atlanta had over Houston in '07? Come on!

My post was in response to someone saying that, "there are only three coaches that have been as bad as Kubiak over his time in Houston"... That was ridiculous! My point is that many/most coaches that take over teams fail worse than Kubiak has to this point. I wasn't even arguing whether it may be time for him to go. As a fan, can't you even acknowledge that he has done a pretty good thing for this organization in his four years? Seems like you are being disingenuous instead of having honest dialogue.

I like Singletary and think he has a chance to turn that organization around. But, he hasn't done it yet. And, you guys are all about instant results or proof of success with the W/L record. I have to say that it's not impressive to finish with a losing record in the NFC west. Kubiak was a .500 coach at this point in his career while playing in the AFC south.

Who would you rather have coach the Texans in 2010, Gary Kubiak or Herm Edwards?

If you actually answer Herm Edwards then there is clearly no point in conversing anymore.

Who would you rather have coach the Texans in 2010, Gary Kubiak or Herm Edwards?

If you actually answer Herm Edwards then there is clearly no point in conversing anymore.

I choose the option "C," which was written in invisible ink.

NEITHER.

You already knew that, though.

You give Denny Green credit for turning around a historically bad franchise? Okay, what did Kubiak do?

Green got the Cardinals to "o.k." with his drafts, but the franchise knew
they NEEDED to change the coaching regime to take the NEXT STEP.

Why is our defense for the horrible division record "Well, our division teams
are better than THEIR division teams. If we woulda-coulda-shoulda played
in THEIR division, we'd be...."

If that's the standard we hold our coaching staff to, no wonder we struggle
to make the playoffs. Should we be aiming for 10-6 (0-6 divisional) to make
the playoffs?

Bob Mcnair just told us such a low standard is good enough. Well, it ain't
enough for some of us here. If Kubiak turns into the gameday tactician this
team needs in 2010, no one will be happier than me. I just wish I had
some evidence to convince me such an occurrence is likely next season.
So what if we have a bunch of pro bowlers. We still need the chessmaster
to get those pieces to dominate the board.

Is Gary Kubiak that Chessmaster? At this point in time, NO.
TK himself started a thread awhile back saying "Kubiak wasn't ready!"

How long must we wait? No other coach in the league has gotten as
much rope as Kubiak to turn a team around, and if the first and last
home games of 2010 are any indication, the fans at Reliant are tightening
up the noose on Kubiak much like they did David Carr.

It's good to see, too.

Green got the Cardinals to "o.k." with his drafts, but the franchise knew
they NEEDED to change the coaching regime to take the NEXT STEP.

Why is our defense for the horrible division record "Well, our division teams
are better than THEIR division teams. If we woulda-coulda-shoulda played
in THEIR division, we'd be...."

If that's the standard we hold our coaching staff to, no wonder we struggle
to make the playoffs. Should we be aiming for 10-6 (0-6 divisional) to make
the playoffs?

Bob Mcnair just told us such a low standard is good enough. Well, it ain't
enough for some of us here. If Kubiak turns into the gameday tactician this
team needs in 2010, no one will be happier than me. I just wish I had
some evidence to convince me such an occurrence is likely next season.
So what if we have a bunch of pro bowlers. We still need the chessmaster
to get those pieces to dominate the board.

Is Gary Kubiak that Chessmaster? At this point in time, NO.
TK himself started a thread awhile back saying "Kubiak wasn't ready!"

How long must we wait? No other coach in the league has gotten as
much rope as Kubiak to turn a team around, and if the first and last
home games of 2010 are any indication, the fans at Reliant are tightening
up the noose on Kubiak much like they did David Carr.

It's good to see, too.

I totally understand your concern with Kubiak. He's been coaching for 4 years and hasn't got the team in the playoffs. And, last year, he certainly had enough talent. And, we've seen instances of teams no more talented than the '08 squad make the playoffs. I get it. I also get that most owners aren't as patient as McNair has been. However, I'm hopeful that the patience is going to pay off. Mainly, I don't want to lose sight of the fact that Kubiak has done a very good job turning this organization around. That's all I was trying to say. When I'm comparing divisions, it is just to make the point that the job in Houston is more difficult than many of the others. It's not an excuse. I agree. We need to win the division. But, I think it would be ashame for McNair not to take into account the quality of the division we play in. If he made a decision by simply looking at Arizona's success and thinking, "they did it, why can't we?"... that would be troubling. It's a bigger job here. You could argue that means it requires an even better coach... I get that. I just don't agree. At least not yet.

From any of the main forums. Click on the "New Thread" button. You can start a thread about anything you like. If there are other like minded individuals, your thread will take off, or there will be a bunch of new "more interesting" threads popping up.

If he made a decision by simply looking at Arizona's success and thinking, "they did it, why can't we?"... that would be troubling.

No one can look at Arizona, & think their success started when Wisenhunt took that job. Any rational person would understand the turnaround started 5 years before their play-off appearance with Denny Green.

DexC says they fired Green because they "knew" he couldn't take that next step... which I think is bull. IMHO, Green was becoming unstable, and lost his ability to handle pressure.... maybe that's saying the same thing, I don't know. But I believe he could have had the same success in Arizona that he had in Minnesota.

If Arizona is the yardstick, I think we're right on schedule.

Super Bowl next year BABY :fans:

I have been reading this thread for a few days and haven't seen this brought up but maybe it has.

Do yall think is it possible that McNair actually made the safest decison in extending Kubiaks
contract? Let me explain. With the strike coming up let's just say we could lose a season or atleast not get a normal one.
So infact maybe the extension is only for two years and not the three? Perfect example are the Cowboys.
Wade didn't deserve his extension either. Getting the Cowboys out of the first round was not an
accomplishment for them but just a hump for them to get over. Jerry wants to win every year, and if
its not within breathing room of the SB its probably a bad year to him. Making it to the playoffs every
year is average to him, but doesn't want to change course when there is uncertainty looming.

Maybe McNair saw this and said even though my team didn't make the playoffs, we still got past
a roadblock and changing coaches with a strike coming may do more harm than good. Maybe McNair
took a small victory, took the safest decision, and extended Kubiak while the price is cheap, and essentially
bought insurance knowing that Kubiak won't screw up the team. Kubiak is going to keep building a solid team, there
is an agreement he has done that well, and still can leave it in good shape for some else to come in
if needed. Imagine if another coach did come in. Wouldn't there be the exscuse to keep him longer of the strike?
I will give McNair the benefit of the doubt on this one that he knows what was best because you don't
get that kind of money by making stupid management decisions.

And if there is a strike, does Kubiak still get paid? If he doesn't, then it will be cheaper to keep him,
remove the pressure of the contract year, and then fire him at a cheaper costif he doesn't
Make the playoffs? And then gets another year following, probably easy schedule to do it. The guy needs to
make the playoffs next year, is going to have a year cut short the following, and then the players
will come back the following in better shape the previous one cut short. If the players are on strike,
are they going to be in playing condition? Well, there is an exscuse there too then.

The point I am making is there is reason not to give Kubiak the extension, and there is reason to keep
him. Sometimes there isn't a cookie cutter approach to solving a problem and you can't say look at
them - they did what we are trying to do. This is a special situation with many dynamics that makes
this complicated to solve. So everyone is right. There. Move on to a new topic. I need more reading
material.

I have been reading this thread for a few days and haven't seen this brought up but maybe it has.

Do yall think is it possible that McNair actually made the safest decison in extending Kubiaks
contract? Let me explain. With the strike coming up let's just say we could lose a season or atleast not get a normal one.

It's also possible that Kubiak wanted Fox. After realizing that wasn't going to happen, he figured it would be better to just keep Kubiak.

As much as Cowher's name has been tossed around here, McNair may have no intention of ever bringing "The Chin" to Houston. For whatever reason.

It's also possible that Kubiak wanted Fox. After realizing that wasn't going to happen, he figured it would be better to just keep Kubiak.

As much as Cowher's name has been tossed around here, McNair may have no intention of ever bringing "The Chin" to Houston. For whatever reason.

Its because of what Cowher said on national TV.

True, there is a love affair with Cowher. Its the image everyone loves and the respect he brings. Personally, I don't think he would have made it that long with steelers for so many years in todays media and fans' message boards. How many years did it take to win the big one and whatever happened to Kordell Stewart?

No one can look at Arizona, & think their success started when Wisenhunt took that job. Any rational person would understand the turnaround started 5 years before their play-off appearance with Denny Green.

DexC says they fired Green because they "knew" he couldn't take that next step... which I think is bull. IMHO, Green was becoming unstable, and lost his ability to handle pressure.... maybe that's saying the same thing, I don't know. But I believe he could have had the same success in Arizona that he had in Minnesota.

If Arizona is the yardstick, I think we're right on schedule.

Super Bowl next year BABY :fans:

It's not inconceivable to think that the Cardinals felt Dennis Green was hitting a ceiling. At that point, you risk losing your players to the devouring beast of mediocrity.

The Cardinals became competent again, under Dennis Green.

I see Mangini as essentially doing the same thing with the Jets, then going full tilt and getting canned for his freakness that he had going on.

Which then ushered in Rex Ryan. Seems, for now, like it was a positive step in a direction that was better than Mangini.

Speaking of Mangini: I suspect Holmgren knows Mangini is destined for suckitude in 2010, and so Holmgren can swoop in and become a head coach after having one season to assemble a draft class that he had some input upon. Pretty smart, if you ask me. Ain't no way Holgren comes in and genuinely believes that Mangini deserves to be back for 2010. NO way.

It's not inconceivable to think that the Cardinals felt Dennis Green was hitting a ceiling. At that point, you risk losing your players to the devouring beast of mediocrity.

The Cardinals became competent again, under Dennis Green.
Fair enough... I don't believe he could have handled the pressure.. but I believe he could still do the job of evaluating talent, and getting them prepared to play at a high level.
I see Mangini as essentially doing the same thing with the Jets, then going full tilt and getting canned for his freakness that he had going on.

Which then ushered in Rex Ryan. Seems, for now, like it was a positive step in a direction that was better than Mangini.
For all the bottom liners.... explain to me how Rex Ryan's 9-7 is better than Mangini's 9-7?

For all the bottom liners.... explain to me how Rex Ryan's 9-7 is better than Mangini's 9-7?

You Sunshiners really have no ability to see intangibles, do you?

I mean, there was a time for Sunshining. I Sunshined all off-season, but my time in the sun came to an end when we hit "divisional skid row" and our head coach failed to address the Brown & Brown duo who effectively killed our playoff hopes with the Suck Power they contain in Chris' hand and Kris' foot.

At that point, records be damned! What one team did with a 9-7 record and what we did with OUR 9-7 record is very important.

LOL.

It's as if we made the Imaginary Playoffs because we had a 9-7 record, too.

If this is what we're dealing with--An inability to admit that a team of similar record SEIZED their opportunities, while we blew ours (going 1-5 in our own division)--then I am done with this nonsense, TK.

It's getting to the point of futility, for both sides.

Mangini had a HOFer at QB. Ryan did it with a rookie QB.

Rex Ryan is not scared. That's Buddy Ryan DNA if I ever saw it.

Rex also handled a mid-season slide and turned it around. When the chips were down, they could have folded. But they didn't want to be like the Texans. They chose to seize the opportunities in front of them.

Buddy Ryan punched Gilbride for a reason: Softness and stupidity. Buddy Ryan is a soaper if there ever was one.

I don't doubt for one second that Rex heard his father rant and rave, for years upon years afterwards, how softness and stupidity will kill an NFL every time.

There's just a basic, underlying, fundamental approach that Gary Kubiak seems to embody that's hitting a ceiling. I see lots of bumps on the noggin for many people in 2010.

You Sunshiners really have no ability to see intangibles, do you?

I mean, there was a time for Sunshining. I Sunshined all off-season, but my time in the sun came to an end when we hit "divisional skid row" and our head coach failed to address the Brown & Brown duo who effectively killed our playoff hopes with the Suck Power they contain in Chris' hand and Kris' foot.

At that point, records be damned! What one team did with a 9-7 record and what we did with OUR 9-7 record is very important.

LOL.

It's as if we made the Imaginary Playoffs because we had a 9-7 record, too.

If this is what we're dealing with--An inability to admit that a team of similar record SEIZED their opportunities, while we blew ours (going 1-5 in our own division)--then I am done with this nonsense, TK.

It's getting to the point of futility, for both sides.

You really make a ton of sense. Good old common sense.

Rex Ryan is not scared. That's Buddy Ryan DNA if I ever saw it.

Rex also handled a mid-season slide and turned it around. When the chips were down, they could have folded. But they didn't want to be like the Texans. They chose to seize the opportunities in front of them.

Buddy Ryan punched Gilbride for a reason: Softness and stupidity. Buddy Ryan is a soaper if there ever was one.

I don't doubt for one second that Rex heard his father rant and rave, for years upon years afterwards, how softness and stupidity will kill an NFL every time.

There's just a basic, underlying, fundamental approach that Gary Kubiak seems to embody that's hitting a ceiling. I see lots of bumps on the noggin for many people in 2010.

I can't stand Buddy Ryan but you're right about Rex..he is just like his fat little old daddy.

Just a taller fatter version.

I can't stand Buddy Ryan but you're right about Rex..he is just like his fat little old daddy.

Just a taller fatter version.

LOL.

Yeah, when Rex Ryan flipped off the hecklers at the Strikeforce MMA event in Florida recently, I was like "Yep, that's Buddy Ryan's kid!"

They tend to respond to acts of aggression with their own brand of aggression.

LOL.

Yeah, when Rex Ryan flipped off the hecklers at the Strikeforce MMA event in Florida recently, I was like "Yep, that's Buddy Ryan's kid!"

They tend to respond to acts of aggression with their own brand of aggression.

Buddy was always one of those that talked alot of noise but he'd run at the first sign of stuff coming his way.

I'm thinking Rex would probably take it. He certainly has NO problem saying what he means.

Or showing what he means.

Funny how much Rex is like Buddy...and then you have Wade and Bum who would never act that way.

Wade is alot like his daddy too in alot of ways.

It couldn't be argued that between Kubes and Edwards?? Really?? Lol!

I don't think there is if you're involved where any Texans player or coach is being discussed, because it's nothing but excuses and spins with you. You constantly call Kubes a better coach than other coaches who have achieved more and down grade them while putting Kubes on a Pedastool for smaller achievements if you could even call them achievements at all. To say that there is no point to even having a discussion regarding Herm Edwards, is well very silly considering Herm has still had more success than Gary has. He's been to a playoffs and been part of a team that has gone further than the Texans have, so to act like it wouldn't be up for discussion when Herm's actually gone further makes that comment look just uninformed and silly. If Herm Edwards was the coach of the Texans you'd be acting like he learned all of this stuff in NY and in KC and is now ready to be a long time great HC and you'd be comparing him to Billicheck since BB struggled in Cleveland and you'd probably say that it's what Herm needed the same way you make these silly comparisons of Kubes to Fisher and Tom Landry when they're not comparable at all. If the player or coach is currently a Texan, you have a multitude of optimism no matter the situation or circumstances. If you argued for David Carr of all people, now come on. You tried chastising me a few months back for saying Frank Okam wasn't going to do squat as well when he had been showing nothing. You might as well just come out and say that every Texans player is better than every other player in the league and Kubes is going to be the best coach in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back