Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Prospects you like

Getting a future pro bowl LT at 23 is too high for you? lol
He has been called a dancing bear.
Would he be better than Davenport for week 1?
It would be interesting for sure.
I see a stud pass blocker. A true anchor. He needs some work on his run blocking but he is a lockdown pass blocker.
Funny isn't it - Kaleb McGary is touted as the best run blocker in this draft but needs to work on his pass pro.
I wonder what is essier to learn - pass pro or run blocking?
Seems to me if you are a big guy, you can at least be a big speedbump in the blocking department which should make Little a better choice.

Difference is Kaleb is a rising prospect and Little is falling. Little was matured beyond his years coming out of High School and probably more dominant as a freshman. His development was already in place but mentally don’t see the work to take that skill set to the next level. Kaleb pass pro can be coached up in fact he has improved every year, shows mental makeup and dominant character quality’s shared by great NFL tackles. Plug and play him RT, develop pass pro working with Watson he could eventually be dominant next level.

Difference is Kaleb is a rising prospect and Little is falling. Little was matured beyond his years coming out of High School and probably more dominant as a freshman. His development was already in place but mentally don’t see the work to take that skill set to the next level. Kaleb pass pro can be coached up in fact he has improved every year, shows mental makeup and dominant character quality’s shared by great NFL tackles. Plug and play him RT, develop pass pro working with Watson he could eventually be dominant next level.
I wouldn't be against McGary - simply based on the fact that your running game immediately gets an upgrade.
If you can make the bastards respect your run game, the passing game opens up.
Still, Little was initially the highest ranked OL when the regular season finished. Makes me wonder if there is some smoke screening going on.

I like him but 23 is too high.
Dillard & Williams will most likely be gone by 23 but Little himself most likely will also be gone when we pick in the mid50s/2nd round so even if 23 seems high for Little
better take him at 23 if they like him as our LT.

Dillard & Williams will most likely be gone by 23 but Little himself most likely will also be gone when we pick in the mid50s/2nd round so even if 23 seems high for Little
better take him at 23 if they like him as our LT.
I like Little. But it’s about value. Trade back and take him. It’s not that big a risk if you miss out on him. there are other left tackles in this draft that are comparable to him and they’re not all going to be gone we trade back.

I like Little. But it’s about value. Trade back and take him. It’s not that big a risk if you miss out on him. there are other left tackles in this draft that are comparable to him and they’re not all going to be gone we trade back.
Little along with Tyrus Howard are grouped in the second tier of LTs after Williams & Dillard, right ?
What we need is a LT for 2019, not so much guys like Mcgary and Riserner who are RTs only.
What say you ?

I like Ryquell Armistead late in the draft. He seems like he’d be a good fit for the Texans. I doubt the Texans draft a RB before the 6th. Seems like that’s just how they roll.

Little along with Tyrus Howard are grouped in the second tier of LTs after Williams & Dillard, right ?
What we need is a LT for 2019, not so much guys like Mcgary and Riserner who are RTs only.
What say you ?
If the Texans draft Little or Howard at 23, AND Ford is available I’m going to murder an inanimate object....probably my TV.

What say you ?
I want a starter if I’m picking 23. No one outside Dillard is coming in here and beating out Davenport. LT isn’t the only weak spot on this team. I have no problem drafting a starting RT or G/C at 23. I don’t trust Henderson at all. That makes Ford a good pick IMO. He instantly becomes the starting LG and if Henderson fails he moves over to RT.

I want guys who are OTs that can play G at a high level. The more the better. Our two Gs and C are replaceable. It’s pressure up the middle that causes the most problems. Watson is mobile enough to get away from a looping DE. It’s when he can’t step up that he takes the most punishment.

With so many holes fix what you can with the highest quality players you can and roll with it. I’m not using our best draft capital on a reach because of need. Make the rest of the line better and give Davenport hell until you can replace him with someone better.

I like Ryquell Armistead late in the draft. He seems like he’d be a good fit for the Texans. I doubt the Texans draft a RB before the 6th. Seems like that’s just how they roll.
They took D'onta Freeman in the 3rd. I wouldn't be surprised if they took another in the third or even the second if their guy is there.
The two seconds are key.

Back