Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Prospects you like

Just followed up on RB, Bruce Anderson- North Dakota State University. He's 5-11 at 210 lbs. He's a proven runner who has the physicality to run OB's up the gut calls and the speed to get outside. Has nice moves that allow for misses in tight spaces. A willing Pass Pro blocker who could stand to refine his technique but willing nonetheless. His hands were a big question but he put those uncertainties to rest during his Pro Day.....hands looked great.

This guy has the potential to be both Foreman and Miller rolled into one RB and could be a great addition in RD5 or later.

Last edited:
Another RB prospect I have taken a strong liking to is Michigan's Karan Higdon.
This guy is seriously flying under the radar. He is not flashy or even big - about Christian McCaffery's size at around 5'9" and a tick over 200 pounds.
What he does have is phenomenal natural balance and has been called an "arm tackle busting machine".
He rushed for just over 1,100 yards last year in 11 games for the Wolverines.
This kid is very good on his feet.
Has a very high knee churn upon contact keeping low and makes regular valuable yards there.
Looks for holes and also has good speed to get to the outside.
Watch for yourself.

Another RB prospect I have taken a strong liking to is Michigan's Karan Higdon.
This guy is seriously flying under the radar. He is not flashy or even big - about Christian McCaffery's size at around 5'9" and a tick over 200 pounds.
What he does have is phenomenal natural balance and has been called an "arm tackle busting machine".
He rushed for just over 1,100 yards last year in 11 games for the Wolverines.
This kid is very good on his feet.
Has a very high knee churn upon contact keeping low and makes regular valuable yards there.
Looks for holes and also has good speed to get to the outside.
Watch for yourself.

Really nice, long, typical really long highlight reel. Nice alleys to run through. NFL won't be so easy He's a late-round prospect

26. Darrell Henderson, Running Back, Memphis

26-Henderson.jpeg

Henderson held on to the crown of most yards after contact this season, gaining a ridiculous 1,321 yards after first contact and averaging 6.17 yards after contact per attempt. No running back who carried the ball at least 61 times had a better average Yco./attempt as Henderson did a near-miraculous job of weaving his way through his impressive run blocking while also finding his own holes and breaking his own tackles in 2018.

Wanna RB in the later rounds? Listed around #237 on Drafttek's board, but that will likely change.
Should be there for our 6th, but if you are serious about taking a back in this draft, you go after him in the 5th.
As a second RB ok but we have to upgrade and sooner as Henderson might be gone or not what I hope for. Maybe wait f9r

Him if we knew what we have in Foreman but we don't.

As a second RB ok but we have to upgrade and sooner as Henderson might be gone or not what I hope for. Maybe wait f9r

Henderson's secret has been out for a while now.
I think he could be this years Alvin Kamara, but obviously not quite that good.
Another one whose secret is becoming better known is Bruce Anderson.
Could be comparable to Arian Foster but again will have to prove it on the field in the NFL - same could be said for Rodney Anderson who has an ACL I think it is.
Karan Higdon really interests me with his tremendous balance and ability to brush through arm tackles. Just not sure about his hands though.
And Ozigbo is another to consider.
All these are good later round guys except for Henderson who I think will go in the top half of the 3rd.

Bruce Anderson of ND State could be a viable answer at RB later if the Texans decide to prioritize OL, CB and DE/EDGE before addressing their need for a RB.

If you folks haven't looked at this prospect, take the time to look at his overall game. He's done it all while playing on a perennial National Champion as well...basically the Tide or Tigers of the Subdivision, Division I FCS level.

Last edited:
No idea who/where he will be selected but ND's Jerry Tillery would fit in nicely on our D line.

Lots of red flags so probably won't make Texans draft board. If most teams pass he might be worth a late round pick.

Nah..someone will take the chance.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/02/19/jerry-tillery-nfl-draft-profile/

:coffee:

He's a nice prospect with upside, but coming off a labrum injury and surgery along with Suh like character concerns, don't know that he's worth #23 in a deep DL draft

He's a nice prospect with upside, but coming off a labrum injury and surgery along with Suh like character concerns, don't know that he's worth #23 in a deep DL draft

Agreed.

Would only spend late round pick if all others pass. Surprised that Irish showed so much patience with him.

Just passing time looking around while waiting for draft day.

I would never pick Tillery at 23.

Give me Trysten Hill in the 3rd if you want to go that route.

I would never pick Tillery at 23.

Give me Trysten Hill in the 3rd if you want to go that route.

Sounds like both guys have their drawbacks. Either might be a good choice, if they last, as a late round pick.

More like a Dallas move than Texans though.

I could be wrong, probably am, but if we pick D line early I feel Clowney will be in play for trade.

If they go TE before pick #220 I will be looking for a tall bridge over shallow water

Dogbe is an excellent interior rusher available on day 3. Same with Cortez Broughton. Both guys could likely be had in round 5 and be very good interior rushers in sub-package. Something we need desperately.

Not a huge fan of Jelks. Like his teammate, Justin Hollins, much more.

Hampton was a stud for a Rutgers. Has struggled with injuries, but is athletic and has a ton of skill. He'd be a day-two guy without the injury history. Same with Rodney Anderson. Probably a top-3 back in this draft just based on talent but a lot of injury flags.

Dogbe is an excellent interior rusher available on day 3. Same with Cortez Broughton. Both guys could likely be had in round 5 and be very good interior rushers in sub-package. Something we need desperately.

Hampton was a stud for a Rutgers. Has struggled with injuries, but is athletic and has a ton of skill. He'd be a day-two guy without the injury history. Same with Rodney Anderson. Probably a top-3 back in this draft just based on talent but a lot of injury flags.
Spotted RA about a month ago and the injury flags made me baulk. Intriguing just the same.
Comparable is Bruce Anderson who could be had with our 6th.

What do you think about CB Tim Harris of Virginia.

Dude is really good but injury prone.

Elite measurables.

The Athletic's Dane Brugler reports that "several teams" don't have first-round grades on LSU CB Greedy Williams.
Williams (6'2/185) sits on the Round 1/2 borderline, but this report indicates opinions are all over the place. After a dominant 2017 collegiate season, Williams allowed the lowest catch rate among SEC cornerbacks in 2018, but some draft analysts are concerned with his slender frame and how that projects to his tackling ability. Despite the critique, NFL Media's Lance Zierlein says Williams has the potential to be a team's CB1.

Dane Brugler

✔@dpbrugler

Several teams don't have 1st round grades on him. Could he go top-25? Sure. But it's always humorous when people say "no way" or speak in absolutes when talking draft. Keep an open mind.

https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1114678196329484288

6:56 PM - Apr 6, 2019

Here are some big boards/top position players lists

Rob Rangs top 10 at each position (with round prediction)

https://footballmaven.io/nfldraftsc...or-the-2019-nfl-draft-Fr8l2CrDbUi-A_wLBFSJSw/

Ourlads (scroll down a bit)

https://www.ourlads.com/nfl-draft/

Lance Z at NFL.com

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects

The Harris 100

https://www.houstontexans.com/photos/the-harris-100-14850848#24acb1d5-4157-4019-814c-0edfde444a32

Daniel Jeremiah top 50

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw1e7nIj10U9XAdusHUFz55V&ust=1554926275527440

Pro football focus top 250

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pffs-top-250-big-board-for-the-2019-nfl-draft

Just thought I put some lists in one spot for those who aren’t hardcore draftniks.

Reactions: JB

Henderson comes from a strict spread offense.........space is readily available. Hence, vision for holes has not been a primary necessity. Transition from "space" to the typical temporally short opening time of limited holes to pass through in order to traverse the LOS may not allow him to look/perform the same in the NFL. His pass protection ability is highly questionable, a must for our offense.

Imagine a world where we come away with an OT ike Risner or Williams in round 1 then back to back 2nd round picks giant athletic high upside CBs Joejuan Williams/Isaiah Johnson.

Talk about a personality makeover!
I did a mock draft where this happened. lol

Sean Bunting CB Central Michigan if we’re targeting CB in round 2.

6 ft 195 31 3/4” arms 4.42 40 41.5” (!!!) vertical. Fluid hips to turn and run with receivers and willing/able tackler in run support. Fits the size/length requirements of Gaine and would be a 1st round pick had he played on a better team that allowed him to be tested against better competition.

Allowed less than 39% completion rate in 2018 and when he did allow a catch that I saw he was in good position but perfect throw/catch.

The Athletic's Dane Brugler reports that "several teams" don't have first-round grades on LSU CB Greedy Williams.
Williams (6'2/185) sits on the Round 1/2 borderline, but this report indicates opinions are all over the place. After a dominant 2017 collegiate season, Williams allowed the lowest catch rate among SEC cornerbacks in 2018, but some draft analysts are concerned with his slender frame and how that projects to his tackling ability. Despite the critique, NFL Media's Lance Zierlein says Williams has the potential to be a team's CB1.

Dane Brugler

✔@dpbrugler

Several teams don't have 1st round grades on him. Could he go top-25? Sure. But it's always humorous when people say "no way" or speak in absolutes when talking draft. Keep an open mind.

6:56 PM - Apr 6, 2019

It is draft season. Can't believe everything you hear. For all we know, he goes top 10 on the actual draft day.

Would love if he's there at 23.

Sean Bunting CB Central Michigan if we’re targeting CB in round 2.

6 ft 195 31 3/4” arms 4.42 40 41.5” (!!!) vertical. Fluid hips to turn and run with receivers and willing/able tackler in run support. Fits the size/length requirements of Gaine and would be a 1st round pick had he played on a better team that allowed him to be tested against better competition.

Allowed less than 39% completion rate in 2018 and when he did allow a catch that I saw he was in good position but perfect throw/catch.
Matt Miller really likes this guy. He tweeted about him just the other day.

Matt Miller really likes this guy. He tweeted about him just the other day.

They would park him at LCB and let him take away one side of the field. Unfortunately the rest of team was awful (think they finished 1-11) so teams didn’t have to test him often. When they did they had a bad time.

Would have been interesting if he was on a better team that played more competitive football where he’d be ranked.

Putting together my mock draft and had Juan Thornhill at 54. I just took him out and am reconfiguring because I don't think it'll be realistic for him to last to 54. I am going to leave my writeup here though because he's my draft crush at safety this year haha:

Juan Thornhill S Virginia 6' 205 31 1/8" arms 4.42 40 44" (!!!) vertical 141" (!!!) broad jump

Thornhill is a converted CB who brought the ball hawking CB mentality with him to the safety position. Elite measurables and a willing tackler. Bonus versatility points here with his ability to play CB if the need arises. Will contribute immediately as the 3rd safety and push Gipson for starting duties. If him and Justin Reid hit their ceilings Texans could have best safety combo in the league before their rookie contracts expire.

Putting together my mock draft and had Juan Thornhill at 54. I just took him out and am reconfiguring because I don't think it'll be realistic for him to last to 54. I am going to leave my writeup here though because he's my draft crush at safety this year haha:

Juan Thornhill S Virginia 6' 205 31 1/8" arms 4.42 40 44" (!!!) vertical 141" (!!!) broad jump

Thornhill is a converted CB who brought the ball hawking CB mentality with him to the safety position. Elite measurables and a willing tackler. Bonus versatility points here with his ability to play CB if the need arises. Will contribute immediately as the 3rd safety and push Gipson for starting duties. If him and Justin Reid hit their ceilings Texans could have best safety combo in the league before their rookie contracts expire.
JT is a great prospect and I personally would love to see him in a Texans uni.
However, CB has to be a higher priority for those top few picks and the obvious OL.
Of course, Texans may like to see if his CB instincts are still intact.
You know how much Texans value versatility. :)

Last edited:
JT is a great prospect and I personally would love to see him in a Texans uni.
However, CB has to be a higher priority for those top few picks and the obvious OL.
Of course, Texans may like to see if his CB instincts are still intact.

I think he can play both. Would get on the field just as much as a CB playing behind Joseph and Roby at this spot because of ability to play safety as well.

I think he can play both. Would get on the field just as much as a CB playing behind Joseph and Roby at this spot because of ability to play safety as well.
This is a strong Safety class especially at the top.
Johnathan Abram, C Gardner Johnson, Taylor Rapp, Darnell Savage, Juan Thornhill, Deionte Thompson, Nassir Adderley or Amani Hooker will all likely fall in the first two rounds.
Any one of them could likely start immediately.

This is a strong Safety class especially at the top.
Johnathan Abram, C Gardner Johnson, Taylor Rapp, Darnell Savage, Juan Thornhill, Deionte Thompson, Nassir Adderley or Amani Hooker will all likely fall in the first two rounds.
Any one of them could likely start immediately.
Who are your favorites?

Who are your favorites?

I think Savage is a Honey Badger clone if we want to add that element to defense again.

Thornhill/CGJ I think highest ceiling with most range.

Thompson maybe falls to 3rd round due to slight frame and willingness to tackle creating injuries (Kevin Johnson of safeties) but best deep safety on list.

Thornhill is my favorite and certified... draft crush.

*bangs table*

How does everyone feel about Emmanuel Hall WR Mizzou? I'd consider him at 86 or trade down and then take him. (Assuming we have a corner and an OT by then)

They call him the go route king for a reason. He takes tops off of defenses and we can't keep hoping Fuller is healthy for 16 games. (Only reason the Texans might not be interested is because they like what they have in Vyncint Smith)

How does everyone feel about Emmanuel Hall WR Mizzou? I'd consider him at 86 or trade down and then take him. (Assuming we have a corner and an OT by then)

They call him the go route king for a reason. He takes tops off of defenses and we can't keep hoping Fuller is healthy for 16 games. (Only reason the Texans might not be interested is because they like what they have in Vyncint Smith)

Would prefer McLaurin if both available. More polished route runner/adds ST value as gunner.

He went to Mizzou, and for that reason I am out. Muck Fizzou.

Back