Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Proper Rebuild

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Yep. By any metric, I've been a hardcore fan. Owned season tickets for a decade, have worn a Texans hard hat/custom jersey to every home game I've been to (well over 100+), have dedicated time and effort to a Texans-dedicated forum since 2004. . .none of this makes me special or a better fan than anyone else, but clearly I've cared about this franchise and want it to be something more than a dumpster fire.

But I'm close to pure apathy and just walking away. And there isn't much left in keeping this forum around (as we know). The Texans fanbase is evaporating before our eyes. They have not done anything to endear themselves to Houston other than existing, and when the owners start acting smug and arrogant, I figure it's just a matter of time before they become the H-town version of the NOLA Aint's.

I don't know. Just show some passion I suppose. It could instigate selling the team. This city ran one crappy owner out of town already. There's no reason it can't happen again.

Or at least some soul-searching by the owner, who by all accounts appears to be a RL Tommy Boy and is just happy cashing revenue-sharing checks from NFL New York.

Just my opions, but I'm not alone. There are lots of Texans fans that have just given up at this point. I'm not there yet, but life is too short to waste any of it on an entertainment product that is no longer entertaining.

I think showing any kind of give a damn is counter productive to our plight .... if they know we care , they can probably still get our dollars.

Better to be give a damn free - totally apathetic and that gets their attention .... empty seats , no one wearing their gear around town ... no money spent.

That's what it takes to get their attention.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
I don't necessarily disagree, but this is the same fanbase that sold out Reliant/NRG stadium for two solid decades, even during two 2-14 seasons and three builds/rebuilds.

This same fanbase has made Houston Texans, Inc. one of the more valuable franchises in pro sports. So it ain't all bad.

And while I agree the base would come back if they start winning, I have to be honest, I could see a Detroit Lions-type future for this franchise for the next decade+ due to misguided and incompetent ownership.

I will still be here - see the above mentioned mental illness - but we are clearly seeing a fundamental shift in Houston. It's starting to morph into more of a baseball town than football, which is not a bad thing of course, especially when you've got a well run team like the Astros that has an owner that understands how to build a business. And there's the rub: seeing two franchises going in different directions and lot of that is directly correlated to ownership.
You know, back in 2011 we said the Texans and Astros were going in two different directions as well. Texans were coming out of the expansion years with Kubes putting some good teams together. Astros were a few years off a WS appearance and dropping wins/contracts like Instagram masseuses out of Watson's phone contacts. Things can change quicker than we expect.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I think showing any kind of give a damn is counter productive to our plight .... if they know we care , they can probably still get our dollars.

Better to be give a damn free - totally apathetic and that gets their attention .... empty seats , no one wearing their gear around town ... no money spent.

That's what it takes to get their attention.
Facts!

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Ain't making excuses....it just is what it is. Anyone expecting this dude to come in and in 1 offseason build a contender out of what was left on this roster was delusional.

Culley is a guy who has a certain purpose and was as deserving of a shot at the HC gig as anyone else.

Kelly was obviously held over from the previous staff in the attempt to try to keep DW4 in the fold......it failed, but they didn't lose anything either & its no worse than what GB did to make Rodgers happy (traded back for Cobb). Besides, Kelly can be jettisoned after this year and a new guy can be brought in ...........or Pep can take over next year. So unless you believe that it wasn't worth it to at least attempt to try to do all you could to keep the franchise qb in the fold..........................a guy you already have on the roster & under contract for the next 4 years, then there really was no harm in keeping Kelly around.
You think Culley deserved a shot before Roman and Martindale. Culley hasn't even been a coordinator! Let that sink in.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Hiring David Culley as placeholder HC. It's indicative of choking down a mulligan for an NFL season or three.

I'm a little surprised that the H-town fanbase has been so calm and passive about just accepting a couple of sucky seasons as just the way it is and not screaming bloody murder about a clearly incompetent owner. But, that's just my perception. I thought we had a much more hardcore football fanbase in this city. People are caring less and less about this franchise, I guess.
For some this is true, I'm just looking foward to a rebuild. Hopefully they finally put winning 1st.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
You think Culley deserved a shot before Roman and Martindale. Culley hasn't even been a coordinator! Let that sink in.
Since when is it a requirement your candidate be a coordinator? That also doesn’t guarantee that those guys are any more ready to be a HC than Culley…evidenced by the 24577 HC’s who were and failed at being a HC spectacularly. 2 of the best HC in the league were never coordinators. Furthermore those same 2 guys said he was ready to get a HC gig. Aside from that, Roman and Martindale didn’t lock any HC gigs down last year.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You know, back in 2011 we said the Texans and Astros were going in two different directions as well. Texans were coming out of the expansion years with Kubes putting some good teams together. Astros were a few years off a WS appearance and dropping wins/contracts like Instagram masseuses out of Watson's phone contacts. Things can change quicker than we expect.
If you remember I said back then that the Stros would win a championship before the Texans did. Why? Jeff Luhnow

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
This is about the NFL Good ol boy network. People like Culley, whether QB or coaches weren’t thought to be smart enough to run NFL offenses.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
This is about the NFL Good ol boy network. People like Culley, whether QB or coaches weren’t thought to be smart enough to run NFL offenses.
lol no. That mentality is long done. Plenty of minorities have HC and OC/DC jobs. Change doesn't happen overnight. These guys have been working through the ranks and are finally taking more and more HC jobs. Culley has never shown the ability to run an offense. I am actually ok with having a non-play-calling HC as HC. But Culley ain't it.

I think NC is the only person worth keeping in this organization at this point. Get rid of the owners and coaching staff and start over. I don't know if NC will be good or not, but he is the only one who actually earned his position and was well thought of throughout the league.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Not OC. Culley got passed over as have many offensive minded assistant coaches
Culley hasn't even been an oc. Look at the different oc's Reid and Harbaugh have had and he couldn't be 1 under either. I mean Bienemy was a rb coach in Minnesota and he's the oc now. NC and Esterbunny wanted a puppet, plain and simple. They wanted to hire Mayo, but its too soon for him. In another 2 yrs or so, Mayo is going to be coaching here. Culley is the placeholder which is sad. The main reason Frazier wasn't hired is because they wanted to pick his staff for him. That should tell you alot.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Culley hasn't even been an oc. Look at the different oc's Reid and Harbaugh have had and he couldn't be 1 under either. I mean Bienemy was a rb coach in Minnesota and he's the oc now
That’s what I’m saying, the good ol boys wasn’t having a guy like Culley telling their QB what to do. By the time they got around to allowing it Culley was already a career position coach.

Far as I know there’s been three men of color running the offensive side of the ball. Two of the three in the last five years. Only one before that in the history of the NFL.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That’s what I’m saying, the good ol boys wasn’t having a guy like Culley telling their QB what to do. By the time they got around to allowing it Culley was already a career position coach.

Far as I know there’s been three men of color running the offensive side of the ball. Two of the three in the last five years. Only one before that in the history of the NFL.
Sherm Lewis?

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I will fall back on my earlier post(s) before the 2021 season even got started.

1. McNair’s need an elderly mentor who’s been around the NFL as a winner. I’d still hire Bill Polian if he wouldn’t mind stepping into the position. He’d be a solid mentor for Caserio as well when needed.

2. Caserio needs to find an Executive of Player Personnel who has a solid track record in evaluating talent.

3. The team must find a new and younger coaching staff for the 2022 season. There is going to be a youth movement in 2022 and the Texans could go from the oldest roster to one of the youngest overnight.

4. Move every trade worthy asset for picks and/or young players before the 2021 deadline or during the upcoming off-season. I’d have zero concern whether those picks landed in the 2022 or 2023 drafts. Texans would be in build mode for the next 2-3 drafts anyways.

Last edited:

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Caserio needs to find an Executive of Player Personnel
So the Texans spent $30 million on Caserio, and he's not that guy?
1. McNair’s need an elderly mentor who’s been around the NFL as a winner. I’d still hire Bill Polian if he wouldn’t mind stepping into the position. He’d be a solid mentor for Caserio as well when needed.
McNair gave Caserio total control over the roster. I doubt Polian or anyone with that type of stature would take a toothless position.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So the Texans spent $30 million on Caserio, and he's not that guy?

McNair gave Caserio total control over the roster. I doubt Polian or anyone with that type of stature would take a toothless position.
Hopefully he's that guy. At this point he hasn't even had a full allotment to work with. The juries still out.

Agreed, whether fans like it or not Caserio is going to be here for atleast the next 4 yrs. So they should be hoping he's successful instead of wanting to be right.

So far out of the draft Caserio has found 2 guys that can play. (Collins/Lopez and the juries still out on Mills) He's found a couple of guys in FA that may become long term pieces. (Collins/Taylor/KGH) What more did y'all expect with so little resources to work with?

I will fall back on my earlier post(s) before the 2021 season even got started.

2. Caserio needs to find an Executive of Player Personnel who has a solid track record in evaluating talent.

3. The team must find a new and younger coaching staff for the 2022 season. There is going to be a youth movement in 2022 and the Texans could go from the oldest roster to one of the youngest overnight.

4. Move every trade worthy asset for picks and/or young players before the 2021 deadline or during the upcoming off-season. I’d have zero concern whether those picks landed in the 2022 or 2023 drafts. Texans would be in build mode for the next 2-3 drafts anyways.
That could mean lots of $$$ tied up in people who are not with the organization. The current coaching staff should have not received contracts longer than 3 years but that may not be the standard but oh well.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Bengals rebuild is over because they got their qb in 2 yrs , but Texans want us to believe this is a 6 yr process huh?
A. They had to bottom out 1st. The year before they pick Burrow they went 2-19.

B. It’s been longer than 2 years. This is Burrow’s 2nd year, but this is Zac Taylor’s 3rd year.

C. Burrow and the bengals technically haven’t done **** yet.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Ok. Everybody’s favorite candidate Robert Saleh was. How’s that working out for the Jets?
Have you watched the Jets play? They don't look poorly coached, its their talent level. Go look at the age of their roster too. Nobody in the entire NFL interviewed Culley for even a oc job. This team interviewed McCown for the head coaching job while he was still on the roster 🤣🤣

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
You
A. They had to bottom out 1st. The year before they pick Burrow they went 2-19.

B. It’s been longer than 2 years. This is Burrow’s 2nd year, but this is Zac Taylor’s 3rd year.

C. Burrow and the bengals technically haven’t done **** yet.
You think the Texans will have the best record in the afc in Culleys 3rd season? You think Culley will even make 3 seasons?

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Bengals rebuild is over because they got their qb in 2 yrs , but Texans want us to believe this is a 6 yr process huh?
The 5 years prior to this one the Bengals were a combined 25-53-2, ans finally their second year #1 pick QB has them at 5-2. Texans have yet to find their QB that wasn't a douche that demanded a trade after signing a massive contract extension

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Have you watched the Jets play? They don't look poorly coached, its their talent level. Go look at the age of their roster too. Nobody in the entire NFL interviewed Culley for even a oc job. This team interviewed McCown for the head coaching job while he was still on the roster 🤣🤣
I think it’s you who hasn’t watched the Jets play. They look just as inept as the Texans…& This is with Saleh picking his qb of the future in Wilson this past year. I also wouldn’t bet on their talent level dramatically improving over the next few drafts b/c they have the same guy making their picks they had 2 years before Saleh arrived.

further nothing you said after all that matters a tick. Teams very often interview candidates for HC positions who have virtually no shot to land the HC gig b/c it’s about giving guys the opportunities who might not otherwise get them. This just you being overly critical of the Texans.

Jerrod Mayo
Aaron Glen
Duece Staley
Kris Richard

all guys given HC interviews last year by other organizations. Only 1 of those guys had been an OC/DC coordinator up to that point. The rest we’re position coaches like Culley.

Nick Sirianni was on noone’s radar for a HC gig…that is until he landed the Philly gig. Pretty much the same for Joe Judge.

That said, of the top 5-6 “hot” candidates that have been up for HC gigs (Bienemy, Saleh, Daboll, Roman, Brady & Eberflus) Saleh is the only 1 to be offered and/or accept a gig. So take that for what it’s worth.

Last edited:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
You

You think the Texans will have the best record in the afc in Culleys 3rd season? You think Culley will even make 3 seasons?
whether he makes it 3 years or not is really irrelevant. The point is he was as deserving of a shot as any of these other guys and B, no HC was gonna come here and be successful in their 1st year with all of the mess that was going on. He deserves as much of a break as a Zac Taylor (2-14 in his 1st season), Robert Saleh and other guys who took over train wrecks (which is what usually happens) their 1st seasons.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
whether he makes it 3 years or not is really irrelevant. The point is he was as deserving of a shot as any of these other guys and B, no HC was gonna come here and be successful in their 1st year with all of the mess that was going on. He deserves as much of a break as a Zac Taylor (2-14 in his 1st season), Robert Saleh and other guys who took over train wrecks (which is what usually happens) their 1st seasons.
We can wish & hope all we want, but with Easterby & Caserio pulling the trigger, no doubt in my mind Culley will coach the remainder of his contract.

So..

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
We can wish & hope all we want, but with Easterby & Caserio pulling the trigger, no doubt in my mind Culley will coach the remainder of his contract.

So..

Lol, ok.

FTR, i doubt he lasts 5 years which is how long his contract is.... that's just rare for a HC in the NFL period unless they win. & i believe most of us understand that this team is at best 2 years away from seriously competing for a championship. But i could see a scenario where he lasts 3-4 years here....but its contingent upon the team continuing to improve every year...& there's no reason to not expect that with them finally getting a full compliment of picks in the draft to add young, cheap talent.....& this isn't even counting what they might possibly get from the DW4 trade. I can also see a scenario where he's gone after this year or next b/c of what others have said. The undisciplined play with the penalties...the game management mistakes..If that stuff continues to happen throughout the rest of this year at a ridiculous rate and into next, yeah, he's gone after 2.

Look, dude is no dummy. I'm sure he knew that turning around this team was gonna be an uphill battle that more than likely he wasn't gonna be around to see through. I'm also equally sure too tho that NC offered him the gig at least in a small part b/c of his understanding of that. but after being passed over for so long, im sure all he wanted was the opportunity, which after 27 years of putting in work, he deserved just as much as all the other hot shot HC candidates............who are all still out there by the way.

All that being said i believe NC will give him every reasonable opportunity to coach out his contract, however i believe this particular year, he'll get a mulligan of sorts (as long as he doesn't screw the pooch too bad) & it won't & really shouldn't count against him b/c of all the crap that surrounded this franchise that both he and NC had to deal with that wasn't exactly their doing.

Next year however will. By that time the DW4 situation should be resolved, They'll have a full compliment of picks........ the top 3 of which should be in the top 100 with possibly more if NC gets what he's asking for for DW4. & for all the hand-wringing going on around here about the cap, it will be in a much better situation as well. & with DW4 no longer here, there's no reason to keep Kelly on so he will be jettisoned too. It will be a clean slate...a clean slate that really wasn't obtainable coming into this year no matter what he & NC did..

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

Culley was in my opinion hired to appease Watson and hopefully lure him back to the team. I will say the same for Kelly. Since Watson has stood by his trade demand and the fact he has stated emphatically that he has no intentions of ever suiting up for the Texans again……that’s going to make both Culley and Kelly expendable at seasons end. The only thing that might have stopped the inevitable…..winning, and that’s not happening. Texans might try to keep Culley on board but there’d be no reason to do that. A new HC would want his own staff.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Culley was in my opinion hired to appease Watson and hopefully lure him back to the team. I will say the same for Kelly. Since Watson has stood by his trade demand and the fact he has stated emphatically that he has no intentions of ever suiting up for the Texans again……that’s going to make both Culley and Kelly expendable at seasons end. The only thing that might have stopped the inevitable…..winning, and that’s not happening. Texans might try to keep Culley on board but there’d be no reason to do that. A new HC would want his own staff.
Based on what Bienemy was rumored to want to come here, they may want more than just to be able to pick their own staff....which is probably why so many of these top guys are still out on the market. Point is, I don't believe any of these preferred guys could come in here and do a better job. We are where we are at this point & we'd be here whether a Joe Brady, Eric Bienemy or Greg Roman was wearing the headset or not.

OptimisticTexan

Based on what Bienemy was rumored to want to come here, they may want more than just to be able to pick their own staff....which is probably why so many of these top guys are still out on the market. Point is, I don't believe any of these preferred guys could come in here and do a better job. We are where we are at this point & we'd be here whether a Joe Brady, Eric Bienemy or Greg Roman was wearing the headset or not.
I’d almost be tempted to find a young CFB HC or young NFL OC or DC to come in and grow with the youth movement.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Culley is not a rebuild coach. He was hired because his demeanor is 180° opposite of buttchin. And that same demeanor will help keep a bad team from imploding and eating itself. And his is a voice that will not be a part of front office drama or backstabbing. Dude is just happy to be here.

We all knew this season would be terrible. The team knoew it, too. Culley is here to fill a temporary role while Caserio starts the rebuild in 2022. Culley will probably be here for at least another year (maybe two), but once the roster starts filling with talent and they need a HC that can help assemble a staff to develop and guide it, Culley will be thanked for his service and the remainder of his contract paid while in retirement.

I can't blame Culley for being Culley. His tenure will be as forgetful as Ed Biles was with the Oilers.

We just have to hope that the next HC that Caserio hires is the right fit for this franchise. He's the one that expectations will be put on.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Culley is not a rebuild coach. He was hired because his demeanor is 180° opposite of buttchin. And that same demeanor will help keep a bad team from imploding and eating itself. And his is a voice that will not be a part of front office drama or backstabbing. Dude is just happy to be here.

We all knew this season would be terrible. The team knoew it, too. Culley is here to fill a temporary role while Caserio starts the rebuild in 2022. Culley will probably be here for at least another year (maybe two), but once the roster starts filling with talent and they need a HC that can help assemble a staff to develop and guide it, Culley will be thanked for his service and the remainder of his contract paid while in retirement.

I can't blame Culley for being Culley. His tenure will be as forgetful as Ed Biles was with the Oilers.

We just have to hope that the next HC that Caserio hires is the right fit for this franchise. He's the one that expectations will be put on.
Brad Mills and Bo Porter for the Astros as well. Bottom line is his only hope of sticking around is if this team continues to show growth and improvement EVERY year under him..which isn’t out of the question. Otherwise he’ll likely be let go just as this team begins to turn the corner.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I’d almost be tempted to find a young CFB HC or young NFL OC or DC to come in and grow with the youth movement.
im generally not fond of bringing in hotshot young college coaches to the NFL b/c the dynamic is just different. They go from having ALL the control in college, to not really having any in the NFL. The qb and/or star player can also get you fired up here and you’re dealing with grown men, not kids. You need someone who commands respect and is strong enough to be able to handle these guys or you wind up like Chip Kelly and/or Nick Saban.

Dejaview

All Pro
Hopefully he's that guy. At this point he hasn't even had a full allotment to work with. The juries still out.

Agreed, whether fans like it or not Caserio is going to be here for atleast the next 4 yrs. So they should be hoping he's successful instead of wanting to be right.

So far out of the draft Caserio has found 2 guys that can play. (Collins/Lopez and the juries still out on Mills) He's found a couple of guys in FA that may become long term pieces. (Collins/Taylor/KGH) What more did y'all expect with so little resources to work with?
IMO a lot of our problems this year, besides the injuries to key players in key positions stems from the past. Our depth for as long as I can remember has always sucked. In an ideal world we should be seeing some of our positions legitimately filled with promising backups from the previous year(s). Besides the perfect storm of everything else this has really hurt us this year. I’m seeing a lot of posts blasting everything that moves in this organization but I’m being more prudent. I’d be careful at this point not to confuse the symptoms with the causes. Besides the deteriorated roster for example Cal is everyone’s cause…or is he a symptom of his dad? Bob did NOT believe in change and was certainly a cause of some lingering problems. Sure Cal gave OB the GM responsibility but I don’t know what went on in the transition period after Bob’s death. In any event at least Cal didn’t follow his dad’s philosophy and he canned OB’s ass when he realized his mistake. He hired a legitimate GM candidate IMO and he appears to be letting him work. I can’t think of any other way to get the ball rolling in the right direction. this is a complete exorcism but Im betting it’s what is needed. Now bring on the Easterby theories.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
im generally not fond of bringing in hotshot young college coaches to the NFL b/c the dynamic is just different. They go from having ALL the control in college, to not really having any in the NFL. The qb and/or star player can also get you fired up here and you’re dealing with grown men, not kids. You need someone who commands respect and is strong enough to be able to handle these guys or you wind up like Chip Kelly and/or Nick Saban.
You drinking the KoolAid by the gallon. You just don't see it because you don't want to see it. Culley getting a shot would be valid if the position he coached produced bigtime. Have you seen his recent track record as a wr coach? At least you can see Salah defense or Bienemy offense or Staley running backs. The teams position Culley coached got better after he left. Alot of coaches wished they had the coaching career of Culley as an assistant, but to hire him as a 65yr to help turn your team around is foolish. Its not even the point of his age because it took Arians and Fangio a minute to get a shot, but at least you can see the impact they had when they were coordinators of a unit. They wanted a yes man and thats what they got. They forced Kelly who is trash on him. They had Lovie pretty much hired before he even took the job. When he stated its 1 of 32, thats the guy the wanted and got.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
IMO a lot of our problems this year, besides the injuries to key players in key positions stems from the past. Our depth for as long as I can remember has always sucked. In an ideal world we should be seeing some of our positions legitimately filled with promising backups from the previous year(s). Besides the perfect storm of everything else this has really hurt us this year. I’m seeing a lot of posts blasting everything that moves in this organization but I’m being more prudent. I’d be careful at this point not to confuse the symptoms with the causes. Besides the deteriorated roster for example Cal is everyone’s cause…or is he a symptom of his dad? Bob did NOT believe in change and was certainly a cause of some lingering problems. Sure Cal gave OB the GM responsibility but I don’t know what went on in the transition period after Bob’s death. In any event at least Cal didn’t follow his dad’s philosophy and he canned OB’s ass when he realized his mistake. He hired a legitimate GM candidate IMO and he appears to be letting him work. I can’t think of any other way to get the ball rolling in the right direction. this is a complete exorcism but Im betting it’s what is needed. Now bring on the Easterby theories.
You can the coach ,but keep the gm who helped negotiate these horrendous deals right? The character coach is now the vp, but nobody can tell you his job description.

texanhead08

All Pro
Culley is much better than BOB personality wise but there is one reason he is worse the Texans managed to find the one coach in the world more conservative than BOB.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
You drinking the KoolAid by the gallon. You just don't see it because you don't want to see it. Culley getting a shot would be valid if the position he coached produced bigtime. Have you seen his recent track record as a wr coach? At least you can see Salah defense or Bienemy offense or Staley running backs. The teams position Culley coached got better after he left. Alot of coaches wished they had the coaching career of Culley as an assistant, but to hire him as a 65yr to help turn your team around is foolish. Its not even the point of his age because it took Arians and Fangio a minute to get a shot, but at least you can see the impact they had when they were coordinators of a unit. They wanted a yes man and thats what they got. They forced Kelly who is trash on him. They had Lovie pretty much hired before he even took the job. When he stated its 1 of 32, thats the guy the wanted and got.
Again you're reaching & none of what you're reaching for bolsters your case b/c there's 0 proof that being a coordinator leads to any level of great HC success. 2 of the guys you named in Arians and Fangio prove that as well as the million other guys who were coordinators before and failed at being HC. Saleh had 1 damn successful year of defense with the 49ers.......and that was after Lynch stockpiled his defense with #1 pick after #1 pick. Before that 1 year, Saleh's defenses in 2 years had achieved NOTHING. & i'm not even sure of the track record of success you're talking about with Staley & RB's. They haven't had a great rb in forever since Lesean McCoy.....& Staley wasn't even his RB coach fo the majority of his time there lol. But i suppose you'd have been happier with Staley b/c of that? a guy who also had never been a coordinator? Stop it please, you sound silly.

Culley was an assistant HC for 2 of the best coaches in this league for 4 years. and if you're going to give Bienemy credit of KC's offense the last few years....which we all know is suspect at best, then you can give Culley credit not only for the success Baltimore & KC enjoyed as teams in the years Culley was an assistant HC to Harbaugh and Reid, but you can also give him credit for "developing" the only talents he did have to work with during that time in T-Hill and Marquise Brown, both guys he got in their rookies years.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yep, Caserio wanted somebody to keep the seat warm as he started to rebuild the team. Kelly still being here is directly related to trying to placate Derrick.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
You can the coach ,but keep the gm who helped negotiate these horrendous deals right? The character coach is now the vp, but nobody can tell you his job description.
did you know or care what the job description of the VP was or what they did prior to finding out that Easterby was ours? You're hyperfocusing on a pimple on your face that most people don't even notice and/or don't even care is there.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Culley is much better than BOB personality wise but there is one reason he is worse the Texans managed to find the one coach in the world more conservative than BOB.
He harps on his rookie QB to protect the ball. The esshole.

I wonder what it’s going to look like with Tyrod starting.