Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Proper Rebuild

You can the coach ,but keep the gm who helped negotiate these horrendous deals right? The character coach is now the vp, but nobody can tell you his job description.

The Texans now have a dedicated GM as opposed to a Belichick wannabe when Easterby supposedly had all these powers. Here is a snapshot from the Texans webpage with all of the leaders in Football Operations. In your opinion, which of these people take day-to-day work direction from Easterby as the EVP of Football Operations? Who has to go through him to get to Caserio?

1635278593708.png

did you know or care what the job description of the VP was or what they did prior to finding out that Easterby was ours? You're hyperfocusing on a pimple on your face that most people don't even notice and/or don't even care is there.

Except that "pimple" is basal cell carcinoma.

Our former VPs were never SI cover stories about their unscrupulous power grab and rise to executive positions on an NFL franchise with absolutely no prior experience.

So you may downplay what is clearly a very unique situation simply because admitting the obvious is also accepting the most likely futile future of this franchise. It's all indicative of a shitty owner in the end.

In Caserio we trust. He's the only hope we've got.

Our former VPs were never SI cover stories about their unscrupulous power grab and rise to executive positions on an NFL franchise with absolutely no prior experience.

So you may downplay what is clearly a very unique situation simply because admitting the obvious is also accepting the most likely futile future of this franchise. It's all indicative of a shitty owner in the end.

If he trades Watson before the trade deadline then all hope in him is gone. There is no reason to trade Watson now because he will have way more teams in the offseason vs now. If he trades Watson now its because Cal and Esterbunny want it over regardless of situation.

Ehh, the SI article is what it is a hit piece put out at an opportunistic time. As I’ve said in previous threads, I’ve had my experience dealing with that type of stuff from the media and those guys get things wrong and/or seriously misrepresent situations a lot in those types of articles to present something that they know would be “juicier”.

Reality is the guy you deem as our only hope trusts him enough to stay in his place and that’s enough for me to cast doubt on the validity and overall slanted point that article was trying to present.

Last edited:
If he trades Watson before the trade deadline then all hope in him is gone. There is no reason to trade Watson now because he will have way more teams in the offseason vs now. If he trades Watson now its because Cal and Esterbunny want it over regardless of situation.

lol, not if charges are brought against DW4. those “way more” teams goes to 0 at that point and we stand to get Jack **** for him. If there’s a viable trade to be had for him now, Caserio needs to take it and rid us of this ****.

lol, not if charges are brought against DW4. those “way more” teams goes to 0 at that point and we stand to get Jack **** for him. If there’s a viable trade to be had for him now, Caserio needs to take it and rid us of this ****.
Nothing criminal is going to come out of this just as he's not going on the commissioners list. If you have 2 teams in the fold now, at seasons end there will be at least 5 more. Not saying he's going to waive his clause to go to a few destinations, but to maximize value, you need more teams.

There's always a possibility the Texans know a settlement is imminent.

Ehh, the SI article is what it is a hit piece put out at an opportunistic time. As I’ve said in previous threads, I’ve had my experience dealing with that type of stuff from the media and those guys get things wrong and/or seriously misrepresent situations a lot in those types of articles to present something that they know would be “juicier”.

Reality is the guy you deem as our only hope trusts him enough to stay in his place and that’s enough for me to cast doubt on the validity and overall slanted point that article was trying to present.
Show me a guy who went from team chaplain to interim gm negotiating deals to vp of operations wearing headsets on the sidelines. Check all the teams and tell me where they do that at

Nothing criminal is going to come out of this just as he's not going on the commissioners list. If you have 2 teams in the fold now, at seasons end there will be at least 5 more. Not saying he's going to waive his clause to go to a few destinations, but to maximize value, you need more teams.

you don’t know that & neither does Caserio and he’s be a fool to assume that. Furthermore he doesn’t have to go to prison. The only thing that needs to happen is a lengthy trial or a prolonged time period that sees a court date set that bleeds into another season.

Show me a guy who went from team chaplain to interim gm negotiating deals to vp of operations wearing headsets on the sidelines. Check all the teams and tell me where they do that at

The only titles Easterby has held with the Texans have been Executive Vice President of Team Development, Interim GM and Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

You're insistence on calling him a team chaplain is just being petty.

The only titles Easterby has held with the Texans have been Executive Vice President of Team Development, Interim GM and Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

You're insistence on calling him a team chaplain is just being petty.
He was hired as a character coach. He was there consoling the family when Bob passed. He had to redo his credentials with Jacksonville because of inaccuracies.

Bob allowed Easterby to run in those circles as part of his scheme to solidify power. The only thing Cal did was endorse Bob’s hairbrained idea. For christs sake The dude ran off:

Rick Smith
Brian Gaine
Chris Olsen

I mean This guy couldn’t get along with anyone and it’s now widely known that he had everybody walking on eggshells in the FO. Dude was a tyrant. And yet somehow there are still those of you who believe that he couldn’t have run off Easterby if he wanted to. No instead he went out of his way to say in PC’s that Easterby was helping him get all that stuff done as the acting GM.

When NC got here, Easterby hasn’t been seen or heard from. That does t jive well with the narrative that this dude is power hungry. And if that was truly his aim, do you think he would’ve given up his power to do what BoB apparently let him help him do? Hell no.

you don’t know that & neither does Caserio and he’s be a fool to assume that. Furthermore he doesn’t have to go to prison. The only thing that needs to happen is a lengthy trial or a prolonged time period that sees a court date set that bleeds into another season.
So you think any team in the NFL is going to entertain a trade 3 1st rd picks if they thought he could face jail time? C'mon, use your head. Know what, nevermind. You're in Texans can do no wrong mindset.

So you think any team in the NFL is going to entertain a trade 3 1st rd picks if they thought he could face jail time? C'mon, use your head. Know what, nevermind. You're in Texans can do no wrong mindset.

Again, NO JAIL TIMES NEEDS TO HAPPEN for this whole thing to potentially screw the Texans. None of the NFL teams control the judiciary process genius.

He might be willing to settle and does eventually settles…but there’s at least 1 alleged victim who hasn’t done anything yet. What if she files?

stop acting like it’s a foregone conclusion when it’s anything but.

You know as well as I do he's not going to prison.

I dont know anything at this point and neither do you.

Difference is in the amount of risk that I'm willing to take vs the amount of risk you're willing to take. I actually could see him doing a yr or so. He should be doing 25 yrs if convicted.

This is more likely than not to happen. Lady justice moves slow with 1 case. How slow will she move with 22 cases?

Bob allowed Easterby to run in those circles as part of his scheme to solidify power. The only thing Cal did was endorse Bob’s hairbrained idea. For christs sake The dude ran off:

Rick Smith
Brian Gaine
Chris Olsen

I mean This guy couldn’t get along with anyone and it’s now widely known that he had everybody walking on eggshells in the FO. Dude was a tyrant. And yet somehow there are still those of you who believe that he couldn’t have run off Easterby if he wanted to. No instead he went out of his way to say in PC’s that Easterby was helping him get all that stuff done as the acting GM.

When NC got here, Easterby hasn’t been seen or heard from. That does t jive well with the narrative that this dude is power hungry. And if that was truly his aim, do you think he would’ve given up his power to do what BoB apparently let him help him do? Hell no.

Agreed, but he didn't run off Rick Smith. Rick left to take care of his terminally ill wife, if you believe what the McNair's/RS were selling.

Last edited:

I certainly wouldn't give up that much.

Of course I'm not an 81 yr old owner.

The Texans now have a dedicated GM as opposed to a Belichick wannabe when Easterby supposedly had all these powers. Here is a snapshot from the Texans webpage with all of the leaders in Football Operations. In your opinion, which of these people take day-to-day work direction from Easterby as the EVP of Football Operations? Who has to go through him to get to Caserio?

View attachment 9250

Shouldn't Caserio be listed below Clay Hampton?

View attachment 9250

Definitely Dylan Thompson

Probably

Naccara
Harris
Hampton
Brog

Still if Caserio wants something, he will get it.

I bet a six figure donation to a local women's group would go a long way to sidelining him.

I dont know anything at this point and neither do you.

Difference is in the amount of risk that I'm willing to take vs the amount of risk you're willing to take. I actually could see him doing a yr or so. He should be doing 25 yrs if convicted.
Thats probably your hope, but its not going to happen. A things great requires risk. You cant 401k your way to wealth. If they want the motherload to justify the trade, they need competition. NY, New Orleans, Denver, maybe even Cleveland and Pittsburgh will be in the mix at seasons end.

Thats probably your hope, but its not going to happen. A things great requires risk. You cant 401k your way to wealth. If they want the motherload to justify the trade, they need competition. NY, New Orleans, Denver, maybe even Cleveland and Pittsburgh will be in the mix at seasons end.

No, after reading through 13 of the 22 complaints, I think you'll be lucky to get what you can for him.

No, after reading through 13 of the 22 complaints, I think you'll be lucky to get what you can for him.
Again, you're a smart man, but don't let your disdain for Watson cloud your judgment. Nobody has actively stared he's facing jail time. White toweling it because of your feelings makes no sense. I wish they would play hardball with him vs this passive aggressive thing they're doing.

That carcinoma has been nullified with no ability to do further damage. Yes it should be watched but not feared. Preferably it will be eventually eliminated..

While I tend to agree with you I want to wait to see what the trade if it happens will bring before castigating Caserio.

Nevermind I reread your post and understand you were talking about Easter be rather than Watson. My bad.

If any NFL team was as sure of this as you would they not have already made a deal? Or do you think their concern is more over the civil cases?

I would include Detroit, Eagles , Washington and as I have posted before Jets. Zach Wilson was impressing no one prior to his recent injury.

If any NFL team was as sure of this as you would they not have already made a deal? Or do you think their concern is more over the civil cases?
In my opinion, they think the team is desperate when there isn't anything that says they have to trade him. A team like the Miami wants him for next year more than likely because they're done this season. A couple of more teams Cleveland and Giants are at a crossroads with their qbs. Giants and Cleveland have enough talent to more than compete with a Watson type qb. Denver has a pretty good roster also. Then you throw in a team like NO and Payton who can get back in the mix with that defense and Kamara. Thats why I think they should wait until next year when you can get 4 1st rd picks and the competition for him. Especially with the qb crop coming up this year.

I'm not judging Caserio on things he couldn't control,but there are things he could've done alot better that he can control. 1 is head coach. 2 is roster makeup.

1. The HC is nothing more than a placeholder
2. The roster makeup is going to accomplish what Caserio wanted it to do. 1. Tank 2. Have veteran tradeable pieces

1. Why would you hire a placeholder?
2. What has the roster makeup accomplished?

1. You know you're going to lose and it was obvious that at the time the McNair's wanted to hire a minority HC to try to placate Derrick. BTW, I'm not saying this is right. I really like Culley and I'm glad he finally got a shot and became a multi millionaire in the process. But Culley never stood a chance from the beginning with this group and the issues with Derrick.

2. Getting a really high pick in next yrs draft so the rebuild can truly begin.

2. Ridding the organization of old contracts.
1. Was there a choice? After tearing down the team to rebuild, were there any coaches the organization were interested in who wanted to come here?
Well, there were interviews:

1. You know you're going to lose and it was obvious that at the time the McNair's wanted to hire a minority HC to try to placate Derrick. BTW, I'm not saying this is right. I really like Culley and I'm glad he finally got a shot and became a multi millionaire in the process. But Culley never stood a chance from the beginning with this group and the issues with Derrick.

2. Getting a really high pick in next yrs draft so the rebuild can truly begin.
Why do you think Culley never stood a chance?

Ehh, the SI article is what it is a hit piece put out at an opportunistic time.

What is the incentive of making up a story about a nobody named Jack Easterby? This is where your assumption falls apart. I do not see SI regularly making up and printing cover stories about random and relatively unknown front office executives.

As I’ve said in previous threads, I’ve had my experience dealing with that type of stuff from the media and those guys get things wrong and/or seriously misrepresent situations a lot in those types of articles to present something that they know would be “juicier”.

I respect your life experiences and knowledge, but it is anecdotal at best or completely irrelevant to the Houston Texans at worst.

Reality is Jack has made himself Littlefinger to Janice and Cal, so just like Bob McNair liked to make employment conditional, we can speculate just as easy that Jack is here because the owners want him here and then nothing else matters. I doubt Nick is going to argue about some overpaid character coach considering he's getting paid $6 million/year as GM.

See, I can use my own anecdotal experiences as a business owner to speculate and assume just like you can. It doesn't make either of us right. . .or wrong.

The point is a plethora of evidence points to Easterby being toxic, and very little evidence to believe that he's going to be integral to positive growth within.

"Since Jack has walked into that building, nothing good has happened in that building."
~ Andre Johnson #80

Back