Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Preseason: TEXANS vs Saints

He's dumb as a bag of hammers.

There I said what a lot are thinking. Of course this is a sunshine pumping MB, so there's that.

I do want him to succeed though, hope I'm wrong. They've already named him captain for this week. LMAO and I fully expect Hannah to breakout with the Letterman's jackets week 2.

Personally, I don't care if he's dumb as a bag of hammers (probably not true, but anyway). I've had the opportunity to have a couple of real-life conversations with a few former NFL quarterbacks, and maybe it was the number of hits they took, but they aren't runaway favorites for any Nobel prizes. Well, maybe Fitzmagic - but 80% of the time he throws like a bag of hammers.

If he has the talent and they can get him to execute is all I care about. I only hold people to a couple of standards I guess, don't be an a-hole, and try and be a good citizen of the planet. If you can't do that, F you (in general not directed at any particular individual).

So we could get a shot at Caleb Williams? The guy where talk is already circulating he won't declare for the draft if the wrong team is there? From his father...

"The funky thing about the NFL draft process is, he'd almost be better off not being drafted than being drafted first," Carl Williams said in a recent interview for GQ. "The system is completely backwards. The way the system is constructed, you go to the worst possible situation. The worst possible team, the worst organization in the league -- because of their desire for parity -- gets the first pick. So it's the gift and the curse."

Link

Sounds like one of those guys that's going to demand a trade if things aren't going his way.
SteelB...how you feel about that golden goose now?? Sounds like a locker room cancer that would drag an organization down if he didnt like the team that picked him...so instead of being grateful of being drafted he would pout and possibly refuse to sign b/c obviously the team with top picks are the weakest teams in the league....

Caleb Williams has now got "RED FLAGS" written all over him and will carry that tag till draft day.

SteelB...how you feel about that golden goose now?? Sounds like a locker room cancer that would drag an organization down if he didnt like the team that picked him...so instead of being grateful of being drafted he would pout and possibly refuse to sign b/c obviously the team with top picks are the weakest teams in the league....

Caleb Williams has now got "RED FLAGS" written all over him and will carry that tag till draft day.

Dont like it and depending on how other QB's perform, if it's close I pick the other QB. There are 4 in this draft that are better than any QB in the last draft.

So then, reckless driving, beating women and children, cool? But if he hangs with Snoop nah?

Your moral center seems to be off the page.
Reckless driving is now considered to be 25 mph over the speed limit?

I do believe in 2nd chances. Children?

So we could get a shot at Caleb Williams? The guy where talk is already circulating he won't declare for the draft if the wrong team is there? From his father...

"The funky thing about the NFL draft process is, he'd almost be better off not being drafted than being drafted first," Carl Williams said in a recent interview for GQ. "The system is completely backwards. The way the system is constructed, you go to the worst possible situation. The worst possible team, the worst organization in the league -- because of their desire for parity -- gets the first pick. So it's the gift and the curse."

Link

Sounds like one of those guys that's going to demand a trade if things aren't going his way.
Like I said in the other thread, if it's close between 2 QB's and Williams, I'm picking the other QB.

Reckless driving is now considered to be 25 mph over the speed limit?

I do believe in 2nd chances. Children?

1. Who said 25 mph over? The news article I linked - I know not your thing, but I know how to do it - had him 43 MPH over the limit. Which I have admittedly done in my youth, on a clear stretch of interstate with no other cars around. But I don't believe that was the case for Williams.
2. Children, by following the conversation where I mentioned Tyreek Hill.

1. Who said 25 mph over? The news article I linked - I know not your thing, but I know how to do it - had him 43 MPH over the limit. Which I have admittedly done in my youth, on a clear stretch of interstate with no other cars around. But I don't believe that was the case for Williams.
2. Children, by following the conversation where I mentioned Tyreek Hill.
Well atleast you admit you've done this too. Unlike many.

Sounds like John Elway to me.

Sounds like John Elway to me.
I was thinking Eli Manning....had forgotten all about Elway doing the same...and went back and looked a the chargers roster and have no idea why he didnt want to go there...they had a good coach, a good team, and a pretty good history of being able to coach up talent...

I was thinking Eli Manning....had forgotten all about Elway doing the same...and went back and looked a the chargers roster and have no idea why he didnt want to go there...they had a good coach, a good team, and a pretty good history of being able to coach up talent...
Didn't Bo do something similar too in '86?

It’s not a media town. LA sort of gobbles up all the attention. Guys can get lost there and I think Manning saw NY as the mega media center he could exploit.

SD also had a reputation as being a lukewarm fan base. They have so much to do there which is good, but I think it might hurt the fandom of the area.

Lastly, SD had a reputation for being tight spenders.

One or all of these may have played a role.

Back