Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Preseason GM 1: Saints vs Texans

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I expect them to look like crap until the starters have played together a few games. If anything good comes out of tomorrow's game I'll be surprised. Maybe there'll be a few players that do something worth talking about.

But at least we finally get to see them play.
All the more reason I'm baffled that they aren't having any joint practices with anybody. These starting units aren't going to be getting any reps against anybody other than themselves, and most certainly not at game speed, until they take the field against the Colts.

I don't even see the point of these pre-season games anymore. I mean, other than these end of roster guys trying to make the cut. Even if there are battles for starting spots, those guys won't be seeing many reps in a PS game.

Really looking forward to 3+ quarters of a Jeff Driskel led offense though. Or not.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
The game will start at 0200 for me, so I’ll probably wait until Sunday morning to watch it over breakfast. Will mist the in-game chat on Texans Talk, but will certainly offer my thoughts afterwards.

Hottoddie

Veteran
Because they're installing a completely new offense & almost all of the starters are new, or missed a significant amount of last season, I think we'll see the starters for a full half or more. And, I think we could see that for at least two of the three preseason games. They'll need all the live reps they can get before the season starts. Especially, the offensive line.

DanielTx

Veteran
The team doesn’t seem talented on paper but I like that the Texans added players with speed. That’s going to help Mills out. Wishing him a successful season as well as the rookies. Pitre and Stingley looks nice. I think I know why the Texans traded picks and passed on Jameson Williams but that’s a topic for another day.

What I don’t like are the players on our team with single digit #’s who haven’t proven there selves. I checked the stats on the #1 guy and #8 and they’re both vets with little to no starts. Maybe it sounds silly, I’m just not a fan of it. I feel like to wear that #1 you have to be a dog and I don’t remember the guy name so that proves my point

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Because they're installing a completely new offense & almost all of the starters are new, or missed a significant amount of last season, I think we'll see the starters for a full half or more. And, I think we could see that for at least two of the three preseason games. They'll need all the live reps they can get before the season starts. Especially, the offensive line.
No chance starters play that much. Not in today's NFL.

Tumbleweed1109

Practice Squad
I will second this.
Gives the team chances to find out what gels and what doesn't, without affecting the W/L.
A suggestion like this could be a helpful mental boost.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
If I can find a way to stream it I will be watching.... just like with the past few seasons will be working every game day.

I am morbidly curious what this Texans team will look like. I'm hopeful but I've been here before so if we look like the realistic pessimist in me expects.... I won't lose sleep.

michaelm

vox nihili
This game is starting out just like the majority of the sub par games over the past few years.

I know it's early but looks like the same ol same ol.

Look inept on the opening drive, make the opponent look like a dynasty in thier opening drive.

Can't convert a 3rd. Can't stop them on 3rd.

Porky

Hall of Fame
I see that the Texans are already in mid season form. Who needs training camp…this team is fully ready to live down to their goals.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I hope what I have seen is due to preseason and they don't want to show their hand.

I don't care if we lose the game... it's the Saints and its preseason. I was just hoping to see improvement and so far.....

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
This game is starting out just like the majority of the sub par games over the past few years.

I know it's early but looks like the same ol same ol.

Look inept on the opening drive, make the opponent look like a dynasty in thier opening drive.

Can't convert a 3rd. Can't stop them on 3rd.
I'd normally agree but many of these players aren't starters. And the starters haven't encountered anything like this in camp. I'm not too worried.