Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Post Game Week 1: Working it out.. my frustration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That stuff works in college, but those guys on Sunday are super fast, especially those dline guys. We've seen qbs who could straight run get tracked down. CJ has good mobility, but not going to be like Lamar or Fran Tarketon. He's more of Elway or young Rodgers in terms of mobility

I have to think CJ has to remember that the NFL is not college. He had someone open almost every drop back in school. So a loss on a sack, if someone got to him was typically made up for a few plays later. In the NFL, first and foremost players are faster and you have less time. Plus, you don't have what would be all pro WRs at every single position. Meaning, if you don't see anything and the D is coming...throw it away or just take the sack. I hope in a game or two he notices this.

Otherwise, the staff is going to have to resolve the issue in practice.

Police car blue IS Houston Blue. Texans Owner and Chief Rumor starter, Hannah, alluded to this herself. :)

What? That makes no sense. Tell Hannah I said that.

Police blue is the dark blue and houston blue is the Oiler blue.

Google it “houston blue” and “police car blue”. Two different things.

....not anymore...lol
seems we are taking that shite back over, but using a different name for it...I actually like the "police car" shade of blue more so I hope thats what they go with.

If you put yourself in Mr. Peabody's wayback machine, HPD patrol cars were this color.

gallery_xlarge.jpg

Their uniforms were that color, also.

If you put yourself in Mr. Peabody's wayback machine, HPD patrol cars were this color.

gallery_xlarge.jpg

Their uniforms were that color, also.

I prefer to travel in my DeLorean. A little cramped but the chicks dig it.

I get their angle of trying to say the blue isn’t Oiler blue but Houston Blue because of the police cars. It helps prevent law suits.

But - police blue is different than Houston blue. That’s what I am being obtuse about today. It was the word “since” yesterday. WHICH I WAS RIGHT ABOUT! I need these small victories.

4c34ae56d79c77993130a4e88b696e89.jpg

c1c3440d8552bc0d2502afab919f3b5c.jpg

I prefer to travel in my DeLorean. A little cramped but the chicks dig it.

I get their angle of trying to say the blue isn’t Oiler blue but Houston Blue because of the police cars. It helps prevent law suits.

But - police blue is different than Houston blue. That’s what I am being obtuse about today. It was the word “since” yesterday. WHICH I WAS RIGHT ABOUT! I need these small victories.

4c34ae56d79c77993130a4e88b696e89.jpg

c1c3440d8552bc0d2502afab919f3b5c.jpg
None of those police cars are from Houston or even Texas. Do a search for Houston police car blue and come up with different images
1694729391148.png

No one has said yet if this is a full uniform change, or is it going to be one of the two allowed alternate color schemes. They could just be replacing the "white out" game with a "houston blue" game is all it could amount to. I doubt they would replace the Red scheme as an alternate.

Reactions: JB
You missed the point. Thorn called it police car blue. Not Houston police car blue.
You're being pedantic. He's in Houston, police car blue is Houston police car blue to him and most other Houstonians

Nope my recollection of Houston police cars were not dark blue. Perhaps you are not looking back enough?

Somewhere out there a tree is working very hard to produce oxygen so that you can breathe.

You should go apologize to that tree.
I don’t have the time nor enough crayons to explain it to you.
Resorting to insults is the best you can do? You'd rather that than admit you're wrong? I don't get why you are getting so worked up over a shade of blue

You should be able to use your Elementary School discount for more crayons at Walmart if that will help.

Did you make that up yourself? You are so witty!

I got mine of a YouTube video. I have several more I want to use but I am waiting for a better opportunity. They are funny as **** too. But I feel like they would wasted in this situation.

I got mine of a YouTube video. I have several more I want to use but I am waiting for a better opportunity. They are funny as **** too. But I feel like they would wasted in this situation.

I just want to thank you for the laughs this evening. Pure comedic gold.

Yeah sarcasm can go both ways. Back to football.

11 and 8. Number of carries for the top two rb’s in a game close for 3 quarters. This week, those numbers need to be at least 18 and 12 if we are going to win. Gotta pound the rock, and hopefully have at least middling success. That will better setup the play action stuff. Also gotta be smarter. Noah Brown taking a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage makes no sense. If you must use that play, it’s gotta be #3.

be smarter in play calling
Run the rock
Cut down on untimely penalties on offense
Better communication upfront
Lastly - plays need to come in quicker

It’s a lot, but if they can improve in these areas they have a good shot at a W.

That's pretty typical in the NFL. It lets the OC see how the D is reacting to certain formations and personnel groupings.
I know it is, yet we really don't know do we? It appeared to me that Slowick was searching for a play to call during the game. Perhaps because the first couple series failed so badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back