Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Official Training Camp Thread

Foster still looks quicker than I expected. Maybe I'm biased because I've been one of the guys thinking Foster makes the team.
Foster was a top recruit in the SEC and won't be a sleeper for long. I've been officially on his train since he signed. He'll be our next 'heavy' back.

Yeah, so far Foster has been really shifty in short space, and suprised me quite a nit with his top spedd with a burst up the left sideline.

Nice to hear with all the discussions on if his weight gain would have effects on his quickness, speed. BTW thanks for the updates!!

BSofa are you going to camp I got tickets?
Man I wish. I saw you post offers the other day. I would love to go, but with my newborn it'd be difficult for me to get away without catching major slack from the wife. I've learned to pick and choose my battles since I plan on being there against the Jets.

These deep shots downfield, are they throwing them uncovered? Or is there a DB on the recievers?

I guess it's easy to look good in 7 on 7... Rex is looking shakey with Dline coming at him. Schaub just looked a bit shakey himself.

Man I wish. I saw you post offers the other day. I would love to go, but with my newborn it'd be difficult for me to get away without catching major slack from the wife. I've learned to pick and choose my battles since I plan on being there against the Jets.

bring the kid...when my son was born the Texans cheerleaders flocked around him...greatest moment of my...errrrr his life.

Yeah, so far Foster has been really shifty in short space, and suprised me quite a nit with his top spedd with a burst up the left sideline.
Yeah, I think the fans are really going to be excited when they get to see him run. Thanks for the updates! rep 4 u!

I just want to say thanks to all the people that are there, and taking the time to comment.

Practice over... 20 minutes early.
Thoughts:
Nobody looked noticable sloppy to me. WBA did well in 7 on 7, but struggled a bit with bodies coming at them. Mario, and a few LBs had some sack opportunities.at have been a case of some D players playing at full speed.
My strongest impression is that the RBs looked quick and fast as a group. I only saw one carry by UFA Johnson. He didn't look particularly fast on that play, but I think some got a hold of his jersey going through the line.

Practice over... 20 minutes early.
Thoughts:
Nobody looked noticable sloppy to me. WBA did well in 7 on 7, but struggled a bit with bodies coming at them. Mario, and a few LBs had some sack opportunities.at have been a case of some D players playing at full speed.
My strongest impression is that the RBs looked quick and fast as a group. I only saw one carry by UFA Johnson. He didn't look particularly fast on that play, but I think some got a hold of his jersey going through the line.

Great job and thanks again

I'll be at camp tomorrow with my wife, and Grid (Thanks to SpursTexanStros!). I look forward to meeting a few of you guys, and I'll be using the Tapatalk App like Michael to give insights of what we see. I'm not a X's and O's kinda guy so anyone wishing to use my technology to post, holler at me!

Wise, very wise

I was out there and the first thing I noticed is Dan O is much better than Grossman right now . Dan has the most zip on his ball of any of the QBs and moves pretty good for a big guy . Rex threw some ducks and missed some guys bad .

I agree about Foster but would add Johnson has is very quick through the hole . I thought Brown and Moats looked good to but Slaton showed why he's the man when he excelerated on a sweep past everyone .

It's hard to tell alot of things because there's no pads so you make observations . So here's a few more .

Adibi is their most agile LB , even after adding weight .

I think Jacoby is Clifford Franklin .

Molden tried to stretch with the team and Kubiak called him over . You got to love the want to .

+ rep for the post. - rep for making me look up who clifford franklin is & even after that i still dont know if ^ is a positive or a negative. im thinking a negative in that jj mustve dropped the ball?

Yep ... Dan O rolled out to his right and hit JJ out of his cut ... he dropped it . JJ can't palm a WNBA ball because his hands are that small ... size matters here .

Texans head coach Gary Kubiak's Thursday presser.

(on players that had offseason surgery) "(DT) Travis (Johnson) and (CB) Antwaun (Molden) will be PUP (Physically Unable to Perform). Also, (TE) Anthony Hill will be PUP starting tomorrow; he's got a hamstring issue. I think the other two guys are going to be okay. I think (C Antoine) Caldwell will be taken off of that by tomorrow and (RB) Jeremiah Johnson. So that's where we stand right now."

(on DT Amobi Okoye's status) "Amobi's fine. He's passed the physical. But I want to be somewhat cautious with him coming off of the scope. You'll see him out there tomorrow morning. He'll be limited in what's he's doing. We'll go from there."

(on CB Antwaun Molden's status) "He's definitely PUP. We think he's a few weeks away. He will not be out there. We will work with him away from the team atmosphere. We will work with him individually. We think he's getting very close."

(on if DT Jeff Zgonina will be returning to the Texans) "I don't want to get too far ahead of myself but we are in the process right now of thinking about brining Jeff back. I am concerned, as we go into practice, with me trying to protect (DT) Amobi (Okoye) a little bit, I would like to keep (DT Shaun) Cody off the turf, (DT) Travis (Johnson) is not going to work for a period of time. So there is some discussion right now and hopefully we can get that done in brining Jeff back as part of our football team but there is some work to be done."

What's the deal with Cody, anybody knows?

And what was wrong with Caldwell?

with all this talk of foster, i had another look at his highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDfvypWLokk&feature=related

he looks nice running inside & near the GL but imo he tries to bounces it out way too much looking like a certain Mr. Bush. if he can be coached out of that he looks like he'll be pretty effecive

Every run he made was one cut, and through the hole. Really impressed with how he got upfield in a hurry. He did pop one out to the sideline, but that move was after he was through the line.
It's hard to judge one players quickness and speed when you don't know who is going full speed, and who isn't, but just judging his cuts, and burst from those cuts, he looks to have well better than average foot quickness. He has a very nice move, kinda of a half juke, in traffic, and his first step from that move is already at or near top speed.
I don't want to get overly optimistic, but I though he was THE standout of practice. Also, they gave him a lot of carries, especially versus Jerimiah Johnson, who I hardly noticed.

IMO, the early competition is easily:

Foster 1
Johnson 0

I just got back to the office. I'll throw a few of my thoughts on practice. Keep in mind, it was a helmets only practice.

-Clifton Dawson's injury doesn't look good. He must've shredded it while making his cut while running a pattern.

-Slaton looks really good

-Brown, Foster and Moats look decent too. Even had a Jerimiah sighting.

-Schaub and AJ appear like they haven't missed a beat.

-DanO was by far, and I mean by far, looking better than Grossman. I expect Rex to get better as he learns the offense, plus he was running with the 3rd team most of the time.

-Mario was being Mario. Beast

-Okam got a few reps with the 1's and got some decent push. He might've lost weight, but he's still stands out as the largest on the team.

-A. Smith got some decent push.

-IMO, the WILL is Adibi's to lose. The dude's quick

-Barber came close to a pick. A nice diving play in front of DA

-Barwin had nice speed rush around the outside early on, but was easily handled most of the time.

-The Oline looked decent. Mario got the best of Winston a time or two

-Anybody know who was wearing #70 on defense? He was the only player I didn't recognize and the number's not on the roster. He was a DT that got very good push against the 2's and 3's.

I'll have more thoughts as they come to mind.

Driving back to the office from camp 610 reported that they were opening 2 more days of camp to the fans. They said it'll be when the Saints are in town.

Does anybody know if this is true or not?

I'll just throw in a few thoughts without trying to repeat anyone Glover had one pick. Dan was 3x better than Rex for now but that might change soon. AJ was AJ he does not let go of the football for anything man. OD and Conner were both out there so a deal must have been made with those two. Mario was a beast out there taking Eric to school a couple of times. All three QB's were a bit shaky today as fans would count on being it was the first day of camp that will change. JJ is still butterfingers that's about all there is to say about him. As a group the RB's ran well Foster might emerge as the team's second RB. I'll posting a few pics in this thread of the practice.

-Anybody know who was wearing #70 on defense? He was the only player I didn't recognize and the number's not on the roster. He was a DT that got very good push against the 2's and 3's.

I'll have more thoughts as they come to mind.

Jamison perhaps? I know he is supposed to have #92 but on the photo it looks like he is #70

DSC_0049.JPG

I'll just throw in a few thoughts without trying to repeat anyone Glover had one pick. Dan was 3x better than Rex for now but that might change soon. AJ was AJ he does not let go of the football for anything man. OD and Conner were both out there so a deal must have been made with those two. Mario was a beast out there taking Eric to school a couple of times. All three QB's were a bit shaky today as fans would count on being it was the first day of camp that will change. JJ is still butterfingers that's about all there is to say about him. As a group the RB's ran well Foster might emerge as the team's second RB. I'll posting a few pics in this thread of the practice.

Dadgummit! I knew I'd missed something important! The wife must have been jibber-jabbing in my ear when Glover has his pick. I heard the cheer, then turned back to look towards the field and it was over. Pfft! Women! lol

I agree on JJ. It's too early to dismiss him, but he missed a few balls today. Not very impressive considering his circumstance.

Back