Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Jaguars, Sunday Oct 21, 2018!!

Yeah so? Both teams took their turn beating up on 2 other teams in the division that were collectively 8-24.

It really just illustrates the sillyness of the argument b/c u you can’t control who is in your division and the teams who pop up on your schedule from year to year.

Wins are to precious in this league to be whining about how “good” the win was.
And the titans and giants were put in front of us and how that work out. Enjoy the wins and the horrible losses?

This team is 4-3. And division leader. Still got a way to go. I was drinking the koolaid aid a month ago. Not anymore.

And I'll be silly if I want to.

I cant enjoy a beer and watch the texans at the same time. These guys driving me sober on sundays

And the titans and giants were put in front of us and how that work out. Enjoy the wins and the horrible losses?

This team is 4-3. And division leader. Still got a way to go. I was drinking the koolaid aid a month ago. Not anymore.

And I'll be silly if I want to.

I cant enjoy a beer and watch the texans at the same time. These guys driving me sober on sundays

Anyone can be beat on any given Sunday..it’s a cliche but it’s true in this league.

Didn’t mean to offend u man & I can respect your opinion though.

They do still have a way to go..they’re at the half way point in the season, and they look to be getting it together. We can only hope it continues. Having said that, every team in this league is in the same position.

Anyone can be beat on any given Sunday..it’s a cliche but it’s true in this league.

Didn’t mean to offend u man & I can respect your opinion though.

They do still have a way to go..they’re at the half way point in the season, and they look to be getting it together. We can only hope it continues. Having said that, every team in this league is in the same position.
No offense here, totally sober. However on my second with cowboys losing :barman:

Playing a bunch of bad teams, no doubt. But learning who we are, what we do, what we are good at.

This is what concerns me the most, though. Because of your above quote (which seems very evident that its what's happening), this team is void of identity. It stretches the notion of "situational football" past its limits if you're learning too much on the go.

Far be it from me to turn down 4 straight wins. I'm proud of these boys. However, if they haven't learned who they are by now, they're going to drop some heart breakers, but do just enough to tickle McNair's fancy.

This is what concerns me the most, though. Because of your above quote (which seems very evident that its what's happening), this team is void of identity. It stretches the notion of "situational football" past its limits if you're learning too much on the go.

Far be it from me to turn down 4 straight wins. I'm proud of these boys. However, if they haven't learned who they are by now, they're going to drop some heart breakers, but do just enough to tickle McNair's fancy.

The Texans are not a "good" team by any stretch of the imagination. But they are not so bad you can take your eye off them, or not play a good game against them, because the Texans can bite you in the ass if you're not looking. They have the talent to do that. I'm looking forward to the Miami game, if they win that one, it'll be more than just five teams in a row having a bad day against the Texans. I might have to see if they make hot cocoa kool-aid for my Keurig. :)

Even at that, I still harbor no dreams of the Texans making it very far in the playoffs in their current condition.

The Texans are not a "good" team by any stretch of the imagination. But they are not so bad you can take your eye off them, or not play a good game against them, because the Texans can bite you in the ass if you're not looking. They have the talent to do that. I'm looking forward to the Miami game, if they win that one, it'll be more than just five teams in a row having a bad day against the Texans. I might have to see if they make hot cocoa kool-aid for my Keurig. :)

Even at that, I still harbor no dreams of the Texans making it very far in the playoffs in their current condition.

There are maybe 2 or 3 "good" teams in the NFL. Another 5-6 "bad" teams. And then there is the rest. The Texans are one of the "rest"

Our 5 starting OL have played back to back games as the starting 5 OL once in seven games this season. This week, Mancz starts because Fulton can't.

Coutee, a big part of at least two of our wins was out today. We saw Ervin playing slot receiver for the first time I remember the last two years.

I saw Lamar Miller & Blue in the backfield at the same time for 5he first time this year. Andre Hal basically started today out of Necessity & Cheistian Covington played today. First time since week 1 (maybe 2).

We need consistency on the OL, so far this year, we haven't. We need consistency in the secondary, sso far, haven't had it.

Like it or not, still got a lot of learning to do

Be wary how this is unfolding....the Jags are looking and playing like a team who's put a high priority on drafting a shiny new QB in 2019. That's about all they're missing along with a bunch of healthy players.

This was us last year with all the injuries we had. I predicted this for the Jags this year given the hard -nosed, smash mouth football they liked to play & how much help they gave the offense last year with defensive TO’s and TDS. That type of football is just not sustainable & something was going to give. They’d either be hit by the injury bug hard b/c of how physical they are, or all that help defensively for the offense would dry up and the offense would have to stand on its own; which given how awful The Bortle is...

Last edited:
This was us last year with all the injuries we had. I predicted this for the Jags this year for them given the hard -nosed, smash mouth football they liked to play & how much help they gave the offense last year with defensive TO’s and TDS. That type of football is just not sustainable & something was going to give. They’d either be be hit by the injury bug hard b/c of how physical they are, or all that help defensively for the offense would dry up and the offense would have to stand on its own; which given how awful The Bortle is...

Yes, Bortles has become their Schaub. They will be QB shopping hard in the 2019 NFL Draft.

This is where I'm at and still think they will win 10 games this yr.

The Texans are definitely limping through wins right now, but the team has enough talent on both sides of the ball to be dangerous if they figure it out come playoff time.

Exactly. As long as they figure a few things out while limping to a few ugly wins, I'm fine with it. Like I said earlier, there are only 2 or 3 good teams in the league anyway. Everybody else is limping through just like the Texans.

That's scary when they would, in reality, be a bad 10 win team with mucho needs on the OL, RB, CB and suddenly find themselves drafting at pick 19 or later. That wouldn't bode well with these needs.

The Texans are definitely limping through wins right now, but the team has enough talent on both sides of the ball to be dangerous if they figure it out come playoff time.

No they dont.

The CB play, while improved with JoJo and KJax back there is improved, Brady/Roethlisberger/Flacco/Rivers will tear them up.

The OL play is nothing short of atrocious.

AFN didn't air the game so I had to follow on ESPN Gamecast.....you know, the old plug-in electric football game. LOL. Anyhow, how would you guys rate Mancz's work today?

The Texans led the league in roster turnover.

There was always going to be some struggles. They have gotten better the last 4 weeks and are winning the division. I don't want to see complaining.

The defense certainly has gotten better. Those guys are ballin. As per usual with a RAC defense, at least while he's been here, start slow, get it together, finish nasty.

That's scary when they would, in reality, be a bad 10 win team with mucho needs on the OL, RB, CB and suddenly find themselves drafting at pick 19 or later. That wouldn't bode well with these needs.

A Texans tradition

But they should be able to find a quality OL at 19. But this is another reason they should be looking to trade for Humphries/Spriggs etc...

No they dont.

The CB play, while improved with JoJo and KJax back there is improved, Brady/Roethlisberger/Flacco/Rivers will tear them up.

The OL play is nothing short of atrocious.

The secondary is good enough to compete with our front 7. I would like to throw the Seattle pick to Arizona for Peterson

The OL is an obvious concern. That's why I said, "if they can figure it out". Will they? Who knows.

It's 0030 and 0530 is going to get here in a hurry. Guess I'm going to have to sleep double time tonight. I'll catch up in the morning while you guys are sleeping off today's festivities.

Avg

He missed a stunt that caused the sack on Watson.
he also led the way on the TD run taking out 2 defenders, so some ups and downs. Seems we run better when he is in. Also some some creativity using 88 (Akins) as a I fullback and he pasted a few guys, so hearing he cannot block is not 100% correct. Like we do, lots of pre-snap penalties still, but NO holding

Exactly. As long as they figure a few things out while limping to a few ugly wins, I'm fine with it. Like I said earlier, there are only 2 or 3 good teams in the league anyway. Everybody else is limping through just like the Texans.

They've had a few things to figure out for the last 5 years and have yet to do so.

Like I said, this team should be 7-0. The fact that it's 4-3 and they had to scratch and claw with a horseshoe up their ass just to get to 4 wins after 0-3 not a good thing.

It's a good thing the team hasn't given up. But they shouldn't be in this position to begin with because they should be infinitely better than they are.

But hey, here's to continued winning. Maybe one day they'll figure it out and he'll be something different than what we've seen thus far in his tenure and the success will be legitimate.

People shouldn't be upset at people who are reluctant. So far, there's more proof in our favor.

he also led the way on the TD run taking out 2 defenders, so some ups and downs. Seems we run better when he is in. Also some some creativity using 88 (Akins) as a I fullback and he pasted a few guys, so hearing he cannot block is not 100% correct. Like we do, lots of pre-snap penalties still, but NO holding

Agreed, that's why I said avg.

I liked putting Akins at FB some.

Jags have not been same after kc loss. I love it.
They've had a few things to figure out for the last 5 years and have yet to do so.

Like I said, this team should be 7-0. The fact that it's 4-3 and they had to scratch and claw with a horseshoe up their ass just to get to 4 wins after 0-3 not a good thing.

It's a good thing the team hasn't given up. But they shouldn't be in this position to begin with because they should be infinitely better than they are.

But hey, here's to continued winning. Maybe one day they'll figure it out and he'll be something different than what we've seen thus far in his tenure and the success will be legitimate.

People shouldn't be upset at people who are reluctant. So far, there's more proof in our favor.

Agree. This club is better than record shows

Back