Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Broncos, Sunday Nov 4, 2018!!

BOB using the time out to great effect baby! Always great at time and game management! Heh, blind squirrels find nuts. Hard fought game and hard to win in Denver, happy we got lucky. Vance in game management is mind boggling. Playing for the 50 yarder to win in high wind makes no sense, needed to get a few more yards but the Case turnover jackpot was ready to jingle

BOB using the time out to great effect baby! Always great at time and game management! Heh, blind squirrels find nuts. Hard fought game and hard to win in Denver, happy we got lucky. Vance in game management is mind boggling. Playing for the 50 yarder to win in high wind makes no sense, needed to get a few more yards but the Case turnover jackpot was ready to jingle

Just keep winning ugly. I’m ok with that.

Now I can watch LA/NO win a smile.

Our defense had like 4 or 5 chances to win the game on that drive and Broncos kept on pulling a rabbit out of the hat and extending the drive.
I was furious!
My old pumper can't take too much of that...
I was at work earlier so couldn't post prior to the game but I thought to myself, if Texans win this one up there, I can really start to get excited about our chances of making the playoffs.
Our boys now get a well earned bye to heal up and focus on these last seven games.
Let's go Texans!

Time to play for home field. O’brien isn’t a motivator but it’s good we have guys like Tyron and JJ to pump this team up. The chemistry is building and I only see us taking a L to the eagles in the final game.

Time to play for home field. O’brien isn’t a motivator but it’s good we have guys like Tyron and JJ to pump this team up. The chemistry is building and I only see us taking a L to the eagles in the final game.
We play the Jags in week 17.

If we didn't already blow 3 games due to terrible coaching, we'd be 9-0 and we'd all but have guaranteed HFA or at least a bye.

Our defense had like 4 or 5 chances to win the game on that drive and Broncos kept on pulling a rabbit out of the hat and extending the drive.
I was furious!
My old pumper can't take too much of that...
I was at work earlier so couldn't post prior to the game but I thought to myself, if Texans win this one up there, I can really start to get excited about our chances of making the playoffs.
Our boys now get a well earned bye to heal up and focus on these last seven games.
Let's go Texans!
Cue the O'Brien lovers making up reasons why he won the game.
I'm not particularly in love with some of calls either but seriously dude, if they lost, you would be ALL over O'Brien - likely calling for his head.

Deshaun is.

But if, say like the Patriots and Seahawks games last year, Deshaun isn't allowed to win the games.....then where are we left.

Bill O'Brien wasn't brought on to simply win playoff games. He was brought on to win a Super Bowl or at the very least an AFC Championship Game and do what the last coach couldn't. We were merely paper champions. He was brought on to change that.

Still waiting. Hoping this year is the year.

Yes, but name the QBs he beat. Averaging 20 pts a game wont do it

Name the QBs he had to play with in that game.

He has Deshaun now.

And as the season goes on - for whatever reason and all the more frustrating- OB gets better.

Still calls the dumb ass Miller up the middle plays.

But he does get moderately better.

Run game would benefit a lot more if we ran from shotgun. Deshaun doesn’t have to run the ball but at least be a threat so they account for him on runs. Also if we ran some RPOs that wound help a lot also.

Happy with the win but we are still winning IN SPITE of Bill O’Brien. His playcalling and how obvious on when he calls running plays and how he schemes it is maddening. The guy thinks we can run the ball with this OL man to man and beat the Broncos front 7. Was it the 2nd qtr where we had just DHop as our only WR and tried to get 1 yd on 2nd for a first and couldn’t. His shitty playcalling on our last series nearly cost us the game. He still needs to be fired.

Name the QBs he had to play with in that game.

He has Deshaun now.

And as the season goes on - for whatever reason and all the more frustrating- OB gets better.

Still calls the dumb ass Miller up the middle plays.

But he does get moderately better.
Regardless, 20 pts a game isnt enough. Lord knows he has daddy syndrome vs Pat's. Chiefs will score. Chargers no punk. Throw in Steelers. 6 games is great but we here ain't stupid. Can he do it 3 games in a row as coach. You could say Denver coach blew this game. But hey 6 wins us awesome.

I need to see more from him.

Deshaun is.

But if, say like the Patriots and Seahawks games last year, Deshaun isn't allowed to win the games.....then where are we left.

Bill O'Brien wasn't brought on to simply win playoff games. He was brought on to win a Super Bowl or at the very least an AFC Championship Game and do what the last coach couldn't. We were merely paper champions. He was brought on to change that.

Still waiting. Hoping this year is the year.

To further agree with your point:

The 4 teams from the AFC this year winning playing for the AFC championship game are:
Patriots
Chiefs
Steelers
(Bad AFC South Team goes here)

The teams from the NFC are:
Saints
Rams
Panthers
Bears
Maybe Vikings

We aren’t at that level yet. We can beat a wild card, but those other teams beat us not with talent - but with coaching. Maybe talent on the offensive line part, but the biggest difference in the teams are coaching, play calling, preparation, and execution on the field.

If we play the Bengals this year we get a playoff win. Again.

Regardless, 20 pts a game isnt enough. Lord knows he has daddy syndrome vs Pat's. Chiefs will score. Chargers no punk. Throw in Steelers. 6 games is great but we here ain't stupid. Can he do it 3 games in a row as coach. You could say Denver coach blew this game. But hey 6 wins us awesome.

I need to see more from him.

I agree. Need to score more. Need better play calling. This we know and agree.

Our only - and only hope is in DW and the previous season that he can score.

We haven’t seen it this season yet.

I don’t thing we will because of OB.

But I do think DW and this offense could if two things happened -

Better HC
Better OL

There is just one thing that will change in the next two years before our defensive window closes.

Credit to /r Texans - https://www.reddit.com/r/Texans/comments/9u8oa6/63_mood_bye_week/

But loved this picture - should get it up on the site :)

dxtaceplnew11.jpg

Back