Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

**Official Game-Day Thread** Pats at Texans, Saturday August 19, 2017!!

What's shocking is that are lack of depth seems way lower than just about every year prior to now.

Those practice champions we read about are not doing it on game day.

2nd and 3rd stringers seem totally interchangeable.

Other than Cole, #51, there doesn't seem like a lot of guys actually trying to make the team. (I'm not talking drafted players.)

Just when you are starting to question Watson, he delivers a great throw to Foreman then runs one in for the score on a broken play. Great drive.

I'd have Miller with the 2's right now
Yeah but does the Texans brass. Lamar Miller is garbage and my guess he gets the majority of carries. His contract means hell play

Foreman is a beast and could be the workhorse. Hunt/Ervin as a change of pass back would be a much better combo

Ok. That was a fun drive. Foreman runs for 63 and Watson caps it off with a little pizzazz.

I'd have Miller with the 2's right now
Yeah but does the Texans brass. Lamar Miller is garbage and my guess he gets the majority of carries. His contract means hell play

Foreman is a beast and could be the workhorse. Hunt/Ervin as a change of pass back would be a much better combo

Watson is inaccurate as ****. Jesus.
The kid is playing the Pats and is a rookie so it should come as no surprise he is suffering a bit from nerves. Lets keep our expectations realistic. The kid will settle down at some point be it this game or a bit later but he will start showing everybody why we picked him how and when we did.

The kid is playing the Pats and is a rookie so it should come as no surprise he is suffering a bit from nerves. Lets keep our expectations realistic. The kid will settle down at some point be it this game or a bit later but he will start showing everybody why we picked him how and when we did.
hes not playing the pats. hes playing the 3rd team

Reactions: ROO
Do I like Watson? Yes
Did I want us to trade up for him? Yes
Do I believe he will be an all pro in this league? Yes
Was I rooting for him to start the season? Yes
Am I ok with Savage having earned the job? Yes

At the end of the day I am a TEXANS fan and want to win a Superb Owl, and if Savage can get us there, then I am all for it! Keep working hard and earn it every day Tom, you earned the job!!

You're barking up the wrong tree.

I still think Watson should start.

But his accuracy issues aren't new so I have no idea what the patriots or nerves have to do with anything or why you're so sure he'll get it fixed.

hes not playing the pats. hes playing the 3rd team
So be it but the kids earlier struggles can be chalked up to nerves. Other rookies who looked good against two and mostly threes will struggle when against ones. You can take that to the bank.

He started against some 1rst and 2nd team players. I stand by my words that the kid was a bit hyped and suffered a bit from nerves thus some erratic throws.

DW will be just fine.

Back