Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

**Official Game-Day Thread** Chiefs at Texans, Sunday Oct 8, 2017!!

If you are able to consistently control your expectations like that, you need to write a book. I'll buy and read it. I'll sleep with the damn thing.
lol First sentence in the book: It all started on January 3, 1993 when the Houston Oilers had a 35-3 half-time lead against the Buffalo Bills at Rich Stadium.

It did seem like he needed a lot of help moving around; more so that they typical ACL. Could that be a sign of a tibial plateau fracture? I believe that’s got Cushing in KC as well.

Was a fake account on twitter.

Early post:

Keep on looking at the Watt replay and convinced more than ever that it is an ACL with at least significant meniscus damage, if not additional ligament damage. Hope no tibial plateau fracture.

For those of you whoo are getting all worked up and foaming at the mouth over the way this game is going let me share with you the secret to being a Houston sports fan and keeping your sanity. Have NO expectations for your team. If they win, you're in the bonus. If they lose, situation normal.
Exactly right.

Through four decades of being a Houston sports fan, and having only two championships (Rockets in "94 and '95), I need to remember this.

I do think Watson is going to be really good, but they're getting it handed to them by a better team tonight. I'd just like to see a little offensive improvement in the second half. As far as the D is concerned, I just hope KC doesn't put up 40 tonight.

I swear I am going to drive up to the media room and throw in a canister of knockout gas if they keep showing us that injury video. ******* pissing me off..

watson drives down the field. bootychin calls up a stupid trick play that takes them out of field goal range.

watson drives down the field. foreman fumbles.

watson drives down the field. they get a touchdown.

meanwhile the defense has no pass rush, leaves guys wide open playing zone every down, can't contain alex smith, can't tackle.

chiefs score every possession.

/game over.

Watson is not being quick and decisive out there tonight. He's second guessing himself, in which spells doom.

This one is over folks.

Clark is terrible. We just can't consistently have a good offense with this OL. It's criminal what Rick Smith has put out there.

And with limited picks next year it's not going to get significantly better anytime soon. The defense is also unraveling right in front of our eyes. The only corner that stays reasonably healthy should be playing safety.

Why do you hope its not tibeal plateau fracture? Sounds worse than ACL.

Edit for missing word
If it's a shattered fracture or fracture through the weight-bearing area of the tibia plateau fracture in a big man, he could end up like Charles Spencer. If you remember, he was a monster with a mean streak and the LT future for the Texans. He never made it back. Cushing had an LCL that took a small edge chip of non/lesser weight-bearing tibial plateau........the main consequence being the LCL injury.

Last edited:
If it's a shattered fracture or fracture through the weight-bearing area of the tibia plateau fracture in a big man, he could end up like Charles Spencer. If you remember, he was a monster with a mean streak and the LT future for the Texans. He never made it back. Cushing had an LCL that took a small edge chip of non weight-bearing tibial plateau........the main consequence being the LCL injury.

Welp.... Confirmed...

If it's a shattered fracture or fracture through the weight-bearing area of the tibia plateau fracture in a big man, he could end up like Charles Spencer. If you remember, he was a monster with a mean streak and the LT future for the Texans. He never made it back. Cushing had an LCL that took a small edge chip of non weight-bearing tibial plateau........the main consequence being the LCL injury.
Yikes Doc

Back