Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Chiefs at Texans, Sunday Oct 8, 2017!!

I think we can still win the division, considering the other teams in it. If Watson continues to mature and players don't keep dropping like flies, we might even make a little noise in the playoffs.

Ifs, ands, buts and maybes.

At this point i just want to win the division to stick it to the Browns...

That and i like winning.

But sticking it to the browns is good too.

watson is special and he's got weapons but man this defense moving forward looks like it's not going to be good at ANYTHING.

front 7 trash. linebackers trash. secondary trash. mike vrabel playcalling trash.

Well it's just as we thought. We found some offense but changed our DC for one who turned out to be bad. Can't devise pass coverage. It balances out to another mediocre team.

I think we can still win the division, considering the other teams in it. If Watson continues to mature and players don't keep dropping like flies, we might even make a little noise in the playoffs.

Ifs, ands, buts and maybes.

CLE, BYE, @SEA, IND, @LAR

We've got some work to do. A four game win streak would be nice.

I can’t put this all on Vrabel.

KC is playing the best ball in the NFL right now.

That aside, we just don’t have the guys on the backend to cover all the guys KC can throw out there.

Not completely absolving vrabel either, but we lost Merci and Watt. Scarlett played bad imo. Carlos Watkins was inactive. No pass rush and bad dbs against that KC team is a recipe for what we saw tonight.

It’s weird, at the end of these losses that Watson has started I don’t find myself as irritated with the Texans.

They found the QB. That’s the hardest part.

Now keep him healthy and improve the Oline and dbs and I think they’ll be working with something.

Sad to say, but we might as well just get used to JJ being gone. He'll make a come back, but he won't ever be the same again.
Very sad to say but probably correct. I feel terrible for him.

Pretty sure we have our QB and some young offensive weapons. It's time to rebuild and secondary and fortify the trenches on both sides of the ball.

If JJ makes it back...awesome. If not he has a place in Canton when his time comes. Hopefully he does what is best for his long term health.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

it's rather take my chances with man defense than playing 10 yards off receivers, playing zone, and letting receivers get wide open, but what do i know, i'm just some random dude on the internet.

Well we’re still stuck on being an ok team that they beat most other ok teams but usually loose to most good teams.

At Least Watson is still showing he’s legit. I think the window on the defense being top 10 is now closed. I feel bad for watt too. He’s given all he has but the body can only take so much. I don’t question his heart but his health and ability to stay on the field is diminishing.

If Watson keeps performing like this, hardest part is over. I think the Texans (or they did before the Hopkins deal) have top five cap space next year...We could take a page out of the LAR off season manual and just sign the Oline..

But now i am starting to get worried about the Defense.. JJos getting older in a league that is getting faster, Watt..if i could, i'd lend you some bones..not like i make good use of mine anyways.. hoping Merci does not have that pec injury Mario had, it cost him the season... Losing two of our top 3 edge players hurts.

Can we start the is JJ Watt a HoFer discussion now? Amazing achievements with longevity questions.

I can’t put this all on Vrabel.

KC is playing the best ball in the NFL right now.

The defense kept KC to field goals many, many times. We went three & out. Had we converted, scored... even a field goal, it would have helped.

Not arguing with you, but agreeing. Can't put this all on Vrabel.

I think O'b got too cute to open the game. Hard to get our young QB comfortable with trick play after trick play. Watson needs to get in a rhythm... I think. There was no continuity to what we were doing to start the game.

& boy do I miss Kjohns & Bouye. Those two actually stop receivers from catching the ball. Kjax & Jjo seem to focus on tackling the receivers after the catch is made.

Last edited:
We had a way to beat them on offense. We were gashing them with the run game. We chose not to do it long term. We were getting 7-8 yards per carry with it. BoB didn't go back to it and the game got away from us.

KC's defense is extremely soft up the middle. And with complementary football being so BoB's thing, he should have realized that a stout clock eating run offense would have helped his defense

The defense kept KC to field goals many, many times. We went three & out. Had we converted, scored... even a field goal, it would have helped.

Not arguing with you, but agreeing. Can't put this all on Vrabel.

I think O'b got too cute to open the game. Hard to get our young QB comfortable with trick play after trick play. Watson needs to get in a rhythm... I think. There was no continuity to what we were doing to start the game.

& boy do I miss Kjohns & Bouye. Those too actually stop receivers from catching the ball. Kjax & Jjo seem to focus on tackling the receivers after the catch is made.

I agree with this, we started off the game taking the ball out of Watson's hand.

BOB needs to call the offense around Watson, the ball needs to be in his hands more often than not, I think all that trick play stuff to start the game really didn't help. Get Watson into that gunslinger mentality to start.

Well we’re still stuck on being an ok team that they beat most other ok teams but usually loose to most good teams.

At Least Watson is still showing he’s legit. I think the window on the defense being top 10 is now closed. I feel bad for watt too. He’s given all he has but the body can only take so much. I don’t question his heart but his health and ability to stay on the field is diminishing.

If you fix the secondary, this defense can still be good. Not sure how much can be done about fixing it this season, but there is still enough young talent on that side of the ball to not give up hope. Cole and Cunningham look like they could be turn into real good players. The window for our defense doesn't have to close if the FO can make some good moves in the off season to fix the secondary. Hopefully now that we have a QB, the o-line and defensive backfield will become an urgent priority.

At Least Watson is still showing he’s legit.

If that was Bortles or Derek Carr out there I'd call those garbage time snaps & pay them no mind. When it mattered. He couldn't get it done.

That's fine, he's still a rookie. What he needed tonight was a more developed running game. Well, it looked like we could run at will on them, but we were way too pass happy.

We should have been more committed to the run game & kept the Chiefs off the field. I know a big part of that not being able to stop them on third down. But offensively we needed to convert more often than we did.

The Ellington 'option' / penalty lose 3 points
The Foreman fumble cost them 3 points
The fake Clowney penalty cost them 4 points
The Gilchrest penalty cost them 4 points
The punt return 7 points

Too many dumb mistakes against a really good team. If the Texans were going to win tonight they needed to play a much cleaner game...oh well no shame in losing to the best team in the league. They need to get it cleaned up and take care of the Browns next weekend.

If that was Bortles or Derek Carr out there I'd call those garbage time snaps & pay them no mind. When it mattered. He couldn't get it done.

That's fine, he's still a rookie. What he needed tonight was a more developed running game. Well, it looked like we could run at will on them, but we were way too pass happy.

We should have been more committed to the run game & kept the Chiefs off the field. I know a big part of that not being able to stop them on third down. But offensively we needed to convert more often than we did.
Watson put us in a position to win it in the fourth quarter of our D could have come up with a stop, but instead we let them drive the field then special teams gave up another quick 6.

Watson put us in a position to win it in the fourth quarter of our D could have come up with a stop, but instead we let them drive the field then special teams gave up another quick 6.

We never got closer than two scores.

We figured out how to run the ball which is good news going forward. Honestly at this point I feel like the offense will keep doing good but the biggest question mark is defense and who at the beginning of the year would have thought defense will be the biggest question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one putting this loss on OB and his stupid playcalling? As good as it was last week against the Titans, it was just horrilbe last night. Yes, I know our defense had an off night, but we proved we could move the ball against them.

Am I the only one putting this loss on OB and his stupid playcalling? As good as it was last week against the Titans, it was just horrilbe last night. Yes, I know our defense had an off night, but we proved we could move the ball against them.
That reverse pass for Bruce stalled that drive. They were moving the ball well before that.

That reverse pass for Bruce stalled that drive. They were moving the ball well before that.

That is one of those plays that if it works OB is a creative genius and if it fails (like it did) he is a moron. He got too cute too early, but his play calling has been much better with Watson than it was last year. We are playing aggressive on offense and I like that. Two five TD games from Watson in a row. Much of that credit definitely goes to Watson, but you got to give some of the credit to BoB. The offense could have played better early on, but it was the defense that lost that game for us and their inability to get off the field on third down (even third and long). We allowed Kelce to roam free in the secondary early and when he left the game allowed others to do the same. If our secondary plays better it is a completely different game. I think the front seven played an ok game, even after we lost Watt and Mercilus. They were playing the run extremely well until the fourth quarter when they were probably running out of gas and the game got out of hand. The return for a TD absolutely killed us.

You have to give KC credit, they have a very good football team and are solid in all phases of the game. They are the team to beat in the AFC. If we can square the defense away (which I think can be done, it won't be top 10, but can be good enough to give us a chance), I think this offense, which should continue to improve throughout the season, gives us a chance to beat any team. If we meet KC in the playoffs, I still like our chances if we continue to trend up and make the adjustment we need to make.

If i was grading him i would give him either a C+ or B-. I am not too down on him. I will admit i was between watching the game and doing other things so i didn't catch all of it.

I did catch the reverse play that went no where. He made a risk and lost.

What I did like is he let's DW be DW. He also didn't sit Foreman after the fumble and put him back in and when down went back to the running game that got us a TD.

The life was sucked out of this team when JJ went down. I did catch that much.

If i was grading him i would give him either a C+ or B-. I am not too down on him. I will admit i was between watching the game and doing other things so i didn't catch all of it.

I did catch the reverse play that went no where. He made a risk and lost.

What I did like is he let's DW be DW. He also didn't sit Foreman after the fumble and put him back in and when down went back to the running game that got us a TD.

The life was sucked out of this team when JJ went down. I did catch that much.

I would much rather see BoB learn and improve and become the HC we need than shuffling the deck and hoping we draw a good hand by replacing him. Historically, HC changes have a better chance of missing than working out. BoB has his warts and has done plenty to reinforce doubts, but he has also shown potential. For all his ineptness at times, he has instilled a mental toughness in this team and they tend to come back from adversity as opposed to folding. We are still trending up (sure there are problems, but they can be corrected) and I don't want to derail this train just yet. When the team quits on BoB, then it will be time to replace him.

DLy2J6IWsAES4XP.jpg

Back