Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Cardinals at Texans, Sunday Nov 19, 2017!!

TejasTom

All Pro
Match up:

Time and Venue:
Sunday, Nov 19, 2017 • 12:00 PM CT • NRG Stadium (71,795) • Houston, Texas

Radio: SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

Television: Fox

Anchorage AK | Fairbanks | AK Honolulu HI (blue)
Washington @ New Orleans Joe Buck, Troy Aikman (red)
LA Rams @ Minnesota Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis, Greg Olsen (blue)
Arizona @ Houston Kenny Albert, Ronde Barber (green)
Detroit @ Chicago Thom Brennaman, Chris Spielman (orange)
Tampa Bay @ Miami Dick Stockton, Mark Schlereth (aqua)
Buffalo @ LA Chargers (LATE) Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston (yellow)

BOTH LAR-MIN and BUF-LAC (brown)

Preview:

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Ed Hochuli

Uniform Combination: Steel Blue Jerseys / Liberty White Pants

Weather: 56° F Gorgeous
Full Weather: Link

Parking:
Platinum Lot Opens: 7:00 AM
All Other Parking Lots Open: 8:00 AM

Pregame & Halftime Information

Flag Holders: Participants of the Texans All Community Team
Homefield Advantage Captain: Andre Johnson
National Anthem: NBC Hairspray Live! star Maddie Baillio
Color Guard: United States Army
Coin Toss Captains: Andre Johnson joined by CEO of Stage Stores, Michael Glazer
Halftime: Andre Johnson Ring of Honor Induction Ceremony

Go Texans!

Last edited:

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Watching the Texans is like bathing on a Sunday. I know that I probably should, but will I?

Reactions: ROO

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
This game is pitting 2 backup QBs. I could say we might see a more defensive, low-scoring game, but our D has not been exactly stellar........and we will not be facing a statue at QB with a pass rush that has also been less than stellar even with a statue under center. Unless Savage comes out and turns his game totally around, the game may come down to the running game.............ours has come in all too sparse spurts.............theirs with Adrian Peterson may resemble a revival. Neither team's RBs have been able to find the EZ............only 4 TDs for the season. Without a surprising breakout by one of these teams, this game could come down to a FG.

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
Watching the Texans is like bathing on a Sunday. I know that I probably should, but will I?
Imagine if you made a bet not to shower until the Houston Texans win another game. Today would be your best chance at a shower until December 10 when we play the 49ers. And even then I still think Jimmy Garoppolo will lead the 49ers to a win over our lousy defense. If not today you may not shower again until September.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Imagine if you made a bet not to shower until the Houston Texans win another game. Today would be your best chance at a shower until December 10 when we play the 49ers. And even then I still think Jimmy Garoppolo will lead the 49ers to a win over our lousy defense. If not today you may not shower again until September.
Once Alicia's Mexican Grille stops letting me in, all bets are off. Fajitas are just as important in life as football.

..... and not to even mention the chips and sauce

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Man there is going to be some fine QB play today.

Hopefully Gabbert will be worse than Savage. Is that possible?

Go Texans

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
:spit:

banned1976

sleeper mode
I don't expect Peterson to have much of an impact. He's been up and down all season. His last 4 games:

21 attempts for 29 yards
37 for 159
11 for 21
26 for 134

The Texans defense has been stingy against RB's all season. They have allowed fewer points for RB's than any other team in the league.

AP's best chance at hitting the century mark today would be if the Cardinals get off to a big lead before the half.

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
If the Houston Texans stink it up and lose again today will the mods allow us to discuss the other pro teams in this city on this thread that actually give us joy and try to win championships?

We can't get enough of the 2017 World Series champion Houston Astros, and the 13-4 first place Houston Rockets are one of the most exciting teams in the league right now. Or how about the Houston Dynamo preparing for the 2017 Western Conference Finals in the MLS playoffs on Tuesday Night against the Seattle Sounders? It's a two-way leg Western Conference Finals, Tuesday and Thursday Night. The winner will advance to the 2017 MLS Cup!

Why are the other pro teams in this great city so committed to winning championships but the Texans are not? Ownership seems to be the answer. The other three teams have great ownership. Bob McNair's reputation right now isn't all that great. I hope his son Cal McNair does a better job with this team in the future.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
They'll say they closed it so they'd have the advantage of crowd noise. Yeah, they need to trap all those boos inside the building.
Those that bother to show up today.

I will not be there today.

Missing game #6 since 2003.

I know other season ticketholders that are doing the same thing.

mussop

Hall of Fame
Bob is using motion again to slow down the rush. And as soon as I say that he goes back to stupid **** calls.

ROO

Tweak the offense already!
On that second and 10 with a shitload of cardinals stacking the line, the Texans run up the middle? And it wasn't surprising that the offense got stuffed.

Hell, can't Savage check out of the play and do something that has a higher percentage of success? I mean, WTF?

ROO

I like how Lamar Miller starts stumbling forward with the ball as soon as he gets it in the backfield.
But what was amazing, the Texans ran up the middle three times in a row and actually made a first down. May be the first time that ever happened. Bad thing is, it reinforces O'brien thinking that running Miller up the middle is the thing to do.

ROO

Holy sh1T, the run up the middle is actually working! O'bRinE is a genius! He knew that if he just stuck with Miller up the middle, it would eventually find success!!!!

mussop

Hall of Fame
This year has produced some of the worst td celebrations I’ve ever seen. Just plain freaking dumb. It makes the players look like immature morons.