Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Cardinals at Texans, Sunday Nov 19, 2017!!

Ian Rapoport
Twitter › RapSheet

#Texans RB D’Onta Foreman is believed to have torn his Achilles after his clinching TD today, sources say. Brutal luck all year for Houston.
Injuries are one of the main reasons I've been frustrated with this year's team. But hey, if Tom Savage can play like he did in the second half today, maybe we can win two or three more games. Finish 7-9 or 6-10. The Browns wouldn't get a top 5 pick from us. It would be closer to the 9th or 10th overall pick.

I must eat my crow guys. I thought the Texans would lose today. I apologize and I owe steelbtexan a pizza and pepsi. I hope you can forgive me. I was a little frustrated with the past several games so I went into today's game feeling uninspired and in a bad mood.

Congrats to Tom Savage for winning his first career NFL game. He deserves it for continuing to put in the hard work even when many of us, including myself, have doubted his abilities.

I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt there are hardly any of us that actually expected them to win today. Sure as hell surprised me.

Great game plan and even though Savage had a few mishaps, he played like a NFL quarterback. Defense stepped up big time, Clowney was a beast. And special teams was solid.

Great win

I was really impressed to see O'Brien dial up the run game. Going off tackle, sweeps... Even a few stretch plays & staying committed.

& I've got to give Hopkins credit. He went up against one of the best & had one of his best games this season.

Last edited:
I must eat my crow guys. I thought the Texans would lose today. I apologize and I owe steelbtexan a pizza and pepsi. I hope you can forgive me. I was a little frustrated with the past several games so I went into today's game feeling uninspired and in a bad mood.

Congrats to Tom Savage for winning his first career NFL game. He deserves it for continuing to put in the hard work even when many of us, including myself, have doubted his abilities.

We all thought they would lose.

The Waffle House. For scrambled and omelets they put the eggs in a blender so as to introduce air bubbles and make them more "fluffy". That's BS! Anyway, I call them The Awful House and that's how I generally feel about Savage's play - mainly awful.

Denny's is a close second. And just like Savage, they never close. There are exceptions but they are rare.

I won't compare savage to a fast food chain - I'll just compare him to food.

He's something you'd never share with company because you'd be embarrassed. You don't want it so you stash it in the back of the pantry. You forget about it till your desperate and when you do remember it's there you only open it with dread. You try it because your all out of options. It might sustain you or make you sick but you'll never brag to friends about it. He's a can of spam.

He's "spam savage."

Given our normally bad division, that could be true. But I think the Jaggies have enough in them to rack up just enough wins to win this sorry ass division this year, and I don't see Titans or Texans making it in as a wild card.

We're getting to the part of the season where it's more about the size of the fight in the dog, if you know what I mean. We'll all be tested, & even though we're behind Tennessee & Jacksonville, I like our chances.

The way Deshaun Watson was playing prior to his season-ending injury: A rookie quarterback breaking all sorts of passing records including Touchdowns. He's very much worth two or three first-round picks and top 10 caliber picks at that. You can't really place a value on that type of value to a franchise. A special franchise quarterback that is a rookie is pretty much untouchable. No team will trade him away even if they were offered four first-round picks (something crazy).

So let's say the Browns end up with the 10th overall pick and the 42nd overall pick (round two - part of Osweiler trade) to complete what we really gave up to land Deshaun Watson. It's not even close to the value of what he's really worth. So we'll end up big-time winners assuming Deshaun can come back from his ACL injury and rehab, and prove he's still the same type of dynamic playmaker that he was before. There's reason to believe he will because 1. He's young and 2. He had the same injury to his other knee his freshman year at Clemson. He actually got stronger on that knee after the surgery.

I'll be pleased if the Texans can win two or three more games this year. Maybe even more. Sorry Cleveland fans, I feel for you guys. I really do. You lost a tough one today to the Jaguars. You kept it close for most of the game. I hope you guys don't go 0-16. Yikes. Kizer is Kizer. He's trying. But I think he sucks to put it bluntly. Yeah, yeah, the team around him is awful. Fair enough.

The Browns may have been better off keeping Big Brock!
He'd have won you one or two games. You wouldn't be winless.

Very unfortunate for Foreman and the Texans. He had his best game of the season. Similar to the Dylan Cole play, he makes a great play and gets a freak injury all in the same play.

On another note, can you imagine all of the people blaming the grass right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On another note, can you imagine all of the people blaming the grass right now?
You had to go there buddy! Too soon. Just too soon.
Goodness gracious. At least say no pun intended. LOL

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FCAT-PUN.jpg

He's something you'd never share with company because you'd be embarrassed. You don't want it so you stash it in the back of the pantry. You forget about it till your desperate and when you do remember it's there you only open it with dread. You try it because your all out of options. It might sustain you or make you sick but you'll never brag to friends about it. He's a can of spam.

He's "spam savage."
Hey now.... I happen to like Spam. And I don't care who sees me eating it.
:)

I’m with you. Spam is heavily underrated. And I’m not ready to say Savage is underrated.

Dili dili!

Spam savage merchandise is coming soon. Coffee cups that leak, athletic and stylish shoes already laced with fungal athletes foot, jerseys that smell like cheese!

.500 here we come!

If he's a food, I'll say he's "Savage Fruit Cake". He's been here 4 years and up until this year we only saw him once a season before he was put back on the shelf. Gone but not completely forgotten. We've been given a healthy dose of Savage Fruit Cake this year and for the most part the taste hasn't been good. Today someone changed the recipe. I just hope we get more good Savage Fruit Cake this year, I don't know though.

Now if someone says they like fruit cake I'm calling BS. Nobody likes that crap.

If he's a food, I'll say he's "Savage Fruit Cake". He's been here 4 years and up until this year we only saw him once a season before he was put back on the shelf. Gone but not completely forgotten. We've been given a healthy dose of Savage Fruit Cake this year and for the most part the taste hasn't been good. Today someone changed the recipe. I just hope we get more good Savage Fruit Cake this year, I don't know though.

Now if someone says they like fruit cake I'm calling BS. Nobody likes that crap.

I love it. Sorry, deal with it. My grandmother used to send us stuff every year before Christmas. Pound cake, canned preserves, blackberry jam was my favorite. She'd always send a fruitcake and I was the only one in the house that ate it. She soaked that thing in rum too. It was awesome!

You either like it or you don't. I don't think anyone in history has ever started out on one side and gone over to the other.

I love it. Sorry, deal with it. My grandmother used to send us stuff every year before Christmas. Pound cake, canned preserves, blackberry jam was my favorite. She'd always send a fruitcake and I was the only one in the house that ate it. She soaked that thing in rum too. It was awesome!

You either like it or you don't. I don't think anyone in history has ever started out on one side and gone over to the other.

I like fruit cake . My grandma used to order us a tin for Christmas . I think it was popular because it lasted a long time and that tin could be used again for cookies . Savage fruit cake has lots of candied parts and you never know if he's going to throw a TD or a pick .

Oh, well that's different. Anything soaked in rum is good. Even ham.

I never liked fruit cake, but now I know where my love of rum may have started.

He's "spam savage."
If "spam" gets me to pay day (win), it has done what I got it for. Most folks I know add a few things to spam, sides like broccoli (oLine) looks like trees, tastes (plays) not too good but you need some even if it's hard to swallow. Water (Hopkins) may not be bubbly or carbonated but get's the job done. Yeah spam isn't much but it fills me up and even if no dessert (Fuller 5), I can think about what prime rib (Watson) will be like when I finally get it on the table.

If "spam" gets me to pay day (win), it has done what I got it for. Most folks I know add a few things to spam, sides like broccoli (oLine) looks like trees, tastes (plays) not too good but you need some even if it's hard to swallow. Water (Hopkins) may not be bubbly or carbonated but get's the job done. Yeah spam isn't much but it fills me up and even if no dessert (Fuller 5), I can think about what prime rib (Watson) will be like when I finally get it on the table.

I was actually able to follow that... and it scares me to no end

It would take a 10-6 record to make the playoffs this year, IOW we would have to win out. Afraid it won't happen. We torched another bad team today, but there are good teams left on the schedule. With the fragile Johnson hurt again, the D can't carry us forever.
As I said, "not likely". Still I won't write us off just yet. If we lose again I will then write us off.

another thing i'll give Savage. He was not afraid of Peterson AT ALL when it came down to 1 on 1s with Hop.

That takes nuts no matter who your receiver is

I never liked fruit cake, but now I know where my love of rum may have started.

One of the funniest posts I've read in awhile. Now that I think about it, my grandmothers fruit cake was pretty good, too. I think the base was a rum cake and she just jammed a bunch of fruits and nuts in it. The adults drank whiskey and egg nog while my brother and I devoured the "fruit cake" and passed out on the living room rug. Sugar+rum+cake = floor.

One of the funniest posts I've read in awhile. Now that I think about it, my grandmothers fruit cake was pretty good, too. I think the base was a rum cake and she just jammed a bunch of fruits and nuts in it. The adults drank whiskey and egg nog while my brother and I devoured the "fruit cake" and passed out on the living room rug. Sugar+rum+cake = floor.

Being a Texans fan requires a good sense of humor.

Not a bad day. Got to meet and talk football with Houston Oiler great and NFL Hall of Fame member Elvin Bethea today.View attachment 1906

Hey man haven't seen you on the boards much recently.
My neighbor told me that he took my recommendation and had you do some AC work for him. He's Danny Miller here in Spring. Hope everything went well.
He's typical engineer type and might have killed your guys over every little detail

Back