Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Cardinals at Texans, Sunday Nov 19, 2017!!

The Cardinals have some nice DBs and Buchanan at nickel LB is really good. It’s too bad they’ve got several position groups that are downright terrible. They remind me a lot of the Texans in regards to an incomplete and poorly constructed total roster.
Wasn't it just a year or two ago when people in the National media praised the Arizona Cardinals as one of the deepest teams in the league and a viable Super Bowl contender coming out of the NFC? They were a trendy Super Bowl pick by many. They still have tons of talent. Like many teams all it takes is a key injury to your starting quarterback and you're doomed. If Carson Palmer had stayed healthy and didn't have that arm trouble I think Arizona, at the very least, would have made the playoffs.

Heck, they look pretty damn good today. Blaine Gabbert just threw his 2nd TD pass. Beautiful accuracy and touch on both of his TDs.

If anyone is at the game it would be great if you uploaded a video of AJs ring of honor ceremony. Thanks if you can.

Well, a pick six by the defense and we can still make this...

chris-said-he-keeps-coming-back-for-more-because-of-the-tacos-medley-of-textures-but-he-warned-that-it-should-always-be-eaten-while-its-still-hot--or-it-needs-to-be-tossed.jpg

And people say the Arizona Cardinals have a weak O-Line. Really? I may just take their O-Line over ours. LOL. They've have shown some good blocking on their two Touchdown drives.

Reactions: ROO
Wasn't it just a year or two ago when people in the National media praised the Arizona Cardinals as one of the deepest teams in the league and a viable Super Bowl contender coming out of the NFC? They were a trendy Super Bowl pick by many. They still have tons of talent. Like many teams all it takes is a key injury to your starting quarterback and you're doomed. If Carson Palmer had stayed healthy and didn't have that arm trouble I think Arizona, at the very least, would have made the playoffs.

Heck, they look pretty damn good today. Blaine Gabbert just threw his 2nd TD pass. Beautiful accuracy and touch on both of his TDs.

You’ve not been following them, I see.

Savage has the worst pocket awareness I have ever seen

To have awareness wouldn't you have to be somewhat aware? This doesn't describe Savage at all. Speaking of awareness, do you think Savage was aware when he had to get up and pee when he was a kid, or did he just piss the bed?

You’ve not been following them, I see.
I remember a Texans vs. Cardinals preseason game and the commentators were just raving about Arizona. I think Daryl Johnston had picked them as his favorite in the NFC. They had a bye week in the wild card round and knocked off the Packers in the divisional round the year before. An OT thriller. Of course they got smacked by the Panthers in the NFC Championship Game. But this was a team with Super Bowl aspirations entering last season much less a couple years ago. I have followed them enough to know that they were a top team in the NFC not too long ago.

You setup the play and have time to actually get the first down out of bounds with 20+ seconds on the clock. That's 3 shots into the end zone. Your logic is flawed.

And if he doesn’t get out of bounds you have to spike it and you lose a down and you lose time. Your logic is flawed.

The clock management was not an issue at all there. He saved it in case there is a completed pass that doesn’t get out of bounds or a TD, preserving the FG.

Basic clock management.

I remember a Texans vs. Cardinals preseason game and the commentators were just raving about Arizona. I think Daryl Johnston had picked them as his favorite in the NFC. They had a bye week in the wild card round and knocked off the Packers in the divisional round the year before. An OT thriller. Of course they got smacked by the Panthers in the NFC Championship Game. But this was a team with Super Bowl aspirations entering last season much less a couple years ago. I have followed them enough to know that they were a top team in the NFC not too long ago.
Last year doesn’t mean ****. They’ve been terrible this year.

How would it have helped? It was 3rd and 1. You going to run it with no TOs there? No, you throw it, which gives the same result.

I agree. I think the announcers were wrong there. If you’re going to throw to the end zone, quick snapping it like they did and going to Hopkins one on one is a good play. Savage just made a poor throw.

Where I disagree with the announcers is that if you call the timeout and then run a play it’s very conceivable that Savage could take a sack. There’s no way he SHOULD take a sack in that situation but he nor the oline is very good so you just never know.

Take a sack with no timeouts and you might not have enough time to run the field goal unit out.

Last year doesn’t mean ****. They’ve been terrible this year.
Which proves that it's hard to sustain an injury to your starting quarterback. And even so, I still like Blaine Gabbert more than Tom Savage. I can't believe I'm even admitting that! That's how bad Tom Savage is. I wish we'd play Yates some in the second half of today's game. Maybe we'll come back and win with Yates.

I agree. I think the announcers were wrong there. If you’re going to throw to the end zone, quick snapping it like they did and going to Hopkins one on one is a good play. Savage just made a poor throw.

Where I disagree with the announcers is that if you call the timeout and then run a play it’s very conceivable that Savage could take a sack. There’s no way he SHOULD take a sack in that situation but he nor the oline is very good so you just never know.

Take a sack with no timeouts and you might not have enough time to run the field goal unit out.

Yup. Pretty simple stuff.

They were a losing team last year and Palmer played all but one game, which goes entirely against his point about losing Palmer and being a playoff team.
You misread what I said entirely buddy. I was focusing on how successful they were two seasons ago (reaching the NFC Championship Game) and mentioned a Texans versus Cardinals preseason game last year in which Daryl Johnston praised them as his favorite in the NFC. A lot of people picked Arizona as a Super Bowl contender and I don't blame them. Yes, they are bad this year. Carson Palmer is near retirement.

You misread what I said entirely buddy. I was focusing on how successful they were two seasons ago (reaching the NFC Championship Game) and mentioned a Texans versus Cardinals preseason game last year in which Daryl Johnston praised them as his favorite in the NFC. A lot of people picked Arizona as a Super Bowl contender and I don't blame them. Yes, they are bad this year. Carson Palmer is near retirement.

Who picked Arizona as a Super Bowl contender and why? If you’re talking about two seasons ago, that’s irrelevant. Two season can mean a majority roster turnover.

Anyway, this doesn’t matter.

Back