Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Bengals at Texans, Saturday Dec 24, 2016!!

No offense intended, but I don't see how anyone can be proud of this team after tonight's pathetic performance. And if anyone thought for a moment that Savage was the long term answer at QB, well, think again.
Tom Savage in 2nd Half: 16-22, 163 yds, 93.6 QB rating. 6 and a half quarters for Savage: no TDs, but no INT's. 63.1% completion for season. So, what do you expect? He played well in the second half. Its his first start ever. Maybe you expected a Kurt Warner fairy tale?

No offense intended, but I don't see how anyone can be proud of this team after tonight's pathetic performance. And if anyone thought for a moment that Savage was the long term answer at QB, well, think again.

I think that's a reach on Savage. The line was getting him killed and the OC/HC was giving him a steady diet of run-run-pass-punt in the first half. When they opened it up he looked good but the OL just isn't getting it done and not even improved play calling can completely offset that.

It's his first start and second time being in a game this year for any significant amount of time. I think he could be the long term answer at QB and tonight I was encouraged not discouraged.

There is at least legit hope that Savage can be our franchise QB. He has more raw talent than any other QB in Texans history. Don't ding him for O'Brien's garbage playcalling. Only throwing 7 times in the first half is a joke and should be blamed on our middle school offensive playcalling.

I think that's a reach on Savage. The line was getting him killed and the OC/HC was giving him a steady diet of run-run-pass-punt in the first half. When they opened it up he looked good but the OL just isn't getting it done and not even improved play calling can completely offset that.

It's his first start and second time being in a game this year for any significant amount of time. I think he could be the long term answer at QB and tonight I was encouraged not discouraged.
Our o line play is atrocious. Allen should be benched.

Savage did a lot of good things. The bengals front 7 on d is really stout. Give savage time and I think k he will get better

Didn't Yates come in against Jacksonville , secure a playoff spot against the bengals ,ultimately lose to Ravens ?
Well,if so at least we won't see the bengals first round this go round

Some things never change and I am thankful as hell for it. Thanks Randy!
pZTyqRL.png
Stolen

Dude, what's your beef with JB? He's seriously cool man. You need to go to a game and meet up with some of these people IRL.

He got upset because I saw "I'm done" so I said "See ya!" He can't discuss so he'd rather hurl insults

The game started out quite boring, but things got exciting second half. The stadium was nearly full, and in my section I only recognized two couples, so it seems a lot of tickets were gifted. It was interesting and surprising that the stadium was still almost full at the end of the game on Christmas Eve.

The game started out quite boring, but things got exciting second half. The stadium was nearly full, and in my section I only recognized two couples, so it seems a lot of tickets were gifted. It was interesting and surprising that the stadium was still almost full at the end of the game on Christmas Eve.

Was at the game. My first Texans game and I used to think watching it at home was just as good. Boy was I wrong the stadium was electric, the crowd was into it even during the boring 1st half. I was sitting there thinking man the Texans are going to blow this and my son said, "Dad. It's Fat Randy relax." Then the place absolutely erupted. Yes red zone play calling was once again atrocious and the o line almost got Savage killed. I may be in the market for season tickets next year. One more thing... " I was absolutely amazed how easy it was to get in and out of the NRG complex. The staff was awesome as well and very helpful.

The team played hard - the playcalling needs to improve as does oline play.
The defense toiled manfully.
Savage looked much more like the guy we saw last week in the second half.
He may have been in this system for three years, but experience will be the making of him now.

Anytime my wife and I are watching football and she wants to jinx the kicker, her line is "Be Fat Randy - Be Fat Randy - Be Fat Randy... It worked tonight!!! Was hilarious. Fat Randy was Fat Randy.

But what a sucky way to back into the play-offs. Definitely does not inspire any hope for a deep run in the post season.

Dude, what's your beef with JB? He's seriously cool man. You need to go to a game and meet up with some of these people IRL.
My beef with JB? Sorry but I don't consider exchanges with nameless people on a message board to be beef. He's been following me around like a puppy dog lately responding to one out of about every four posts I make. Never had a problem with him before, but he felt the need to claim his responses to me had to do with "stupid posts". I simply responded that if my take is stupid, then there's a lot of stupid people on this message board. And if my posts regarding OB are stupid, then he's a moron for not seeing OB for what he is: a piss poor play caller.

Tom Savage in 2nd Half: 16-22, 163 yds, 93.6 QB rating. 6 and a half quarters for Savage: no TDs, but no INT's. 63.1% completion for season. So, what do you expect? He played well in the second half. Its his first start ever. Maybe you expected a Kurt Warner fairy tale?

Aint gonna be no fairy tales with Jeff Allen at RG and Chris Clark RT.

Bouye had a great game today! He's going to get paid in the offseason. Sucks, wish we could retain the guy. I wonder if we'd consider cutting JoJo to retain Bouye?

I'm higher than most on Dre Hal, but his open field tackling cost some HUGE plays this season. He's got to get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked like ass yet again. Somehow won yet again because the Bengals out-assed us.

I was pretty damn pumped at my Christmas Eve dinner party thing when Bullock missed though. Pretty awesome way to suck your way into the playoffs.

We're gonna get reamed. SMH.

Bouye had a great game today! He's going to get paid in the offseason. Sucks, wish we could retain the guy. I wonder if we'd consider cutting JoJo to retain Bouye?

I'm higher than most on Dre Hal, but his open field tackling cost some HUGE plays this season. He's got to get better.

No doubt that I would move on from JoJo for AJ Bouye.

C0fp_TfWIAEp4z3.jpg

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
O'Brien said it doesn't matter how #Texans won. They are back in the playoffs and that's all that matters.

O'Brien: "We've got to keep it going. ... We're going to celebrate tonight, no doubt about it." #Texans

Keep what going O'Brien? Keep this "complicated offense" scoring 13 points a ******* game and put the game on our defense's shoulders every damn time?? Thank goodness we have a legit defense or this team would be 4-11 right now. I don't care what happens here on out, O'Brien and Godsey need to be shown the ******* door. This offense is putrid. Promote RAC to head coach, Vrabel to defensive coordinator, and bring in a REAL offensive coordinator. JJo, Cushing, and Allen need to go. KJo will hopefully be back and healthy next year, sign Bouye to take JJo's spot. Draft heavy offensive line. I'm sick of watching O'Brien and Godsey run this **** show and their oh so "complicated offense". O'Brien needs to ******* go back to college or being Belichick's ***** because he is not a legit NFL head coach nor an "offensive guru".

Bouye is a must sign in my opinion. I agree with you on Hal, too. It would be cool to have a consistent player at safety, besides all this journeyman crap that they've been trying to pull these past couple of years. Don't get me wrong I like Demps, but I would rather have a decent younger player that you know is going to be there for years to come.
I don't know if there is anything "complex" about the offensive playcalling.

According to OB it's more complex than space travel.

Bouye is a must sign in my opinion. I agree with you on Hal, too. It would be cool to have a consistent player at safety, besides all this journeyman crap that they've been trying to pull these past couple of years. Don't get me wrong I like Demps, but I would rather have a decent younger player that you know is going to be there for years to come.

According to OB it's more complex than space travel.

Demps is the guy you want backing up the guy you start at his position. You consider yourself lucky to have him coming off the bench but starting him has its pitfalls. Hal is a whole bunch of other problems. They're both depth and not starters IMO.

If money & draft position were totally out of the decision KJohnson & Bouye would start with Kareem coming off the bench.
Well, Bouye is starting (the last 6 games and 10 of the last 11), and Johnson's been hurt since game 6, so I'm not sure what you're really saying? We should be starting an injured Kevin Johnson over Kareem Jackson?

Keep what going O'Brien? Keep this "complicated offense" scoring 13 points a ******* game and put the game on our defense's shoulders every damn time?? Thank goodness we have a legit defense or this team would be 4-11 right now. I don't care what happens here on out, O'Brien and Godsey need to be shown the ******* door. This offense is putrid. Promote RAC to head coach, Vrabel to defensive coordinator, and bring in a REAL offensive coordinator. JJo, Cushing, and Allen need to go. KJo will hopefully be back and healthy next year, sign Bouye to take JJo's spot. Draft heavy offensive line. I'm sick of watching O'Brien and Godsey run this **** show and their oh so "complicated offense". O'Brien needs to ******* go back to college or being Belichick's ***** because he is not a legit NFL head coach nor an "offensive guru".

Tell me did you like the BOB hire?

I'm willing to let him get the OL fixed next season before I make a judgement.

Agreed on Bouye, Cut JoJo/Cushing etc... if you have too.

Unfortunately the OL/LB has to be fixed (If they let Cushing go.) and since Os was signed to that horrible contract, there isn't going to be much $$$$ left for FA.

So Rick will probably go with the same safety group for 1 more year and hope Dillon or a late rd guy like Nathan Geary can make an impact.

Well, Bouye is starting (the last 6 games and 10 of the last 11), and Johnson's been hurt since game 6, so I'm not sure what you're really saying? We should be starting an injured Kevin Johnson over Kareem Jackson?

In context of the conversation I was talking about next season.

Tell me did you like the BOB hire?

I'm willing to let him get the OL fixed next season before I make a judgement.
I think they'll be vastly improved with a better O line but I also think BOB is a very good HC. I do think he needs to hire an OC though. Godsey can go back to being QB coach.

My beef with JB? Sorry but I don't consider exchanges with nameless people on a message board to be beef. He's been following me around like a puppy dog lately responding to one out of about every four posts I make. Never had a problem with him before, but he felt the need to claim his responses to me had to do with "stupid posts". I simply responded that if my take is stupid, then there's a lot of stupid people on this message board. And if my posts regarding OB are stupid, then he's a moron for not seeing OB for what he is: a piss poor play caller.

I would really like to respond to this but feel it would be a wasted effort because you can't comprehend simple American English. I will point out that I never called your post a stupid post. Call me a moron all you want, but look in the mirror while doing so. And get over yourself

Is that due to KJax's early season injuries or is it that the depth chart has changed?

I would really like to respond to this but feel it would be a wasted effort because you can't comprehend simple American English. I will point out that I never called your post a stupid post. Call me a moron all you want, but look in the mirror while doing so. And get over yourself
Actually, you wouldn't be wasting your time. Perhaps this is all just a big misunderstanding. I've never had a problem with you in the past. I know you claimed to have no clue who I am, but we've conversed MANY times in the past, and I think I did actually meet you at a Texans tailgate years ago. I've got no beef with you and never have. I'm unsure what yours has been with me lately outside of thinking my posts are "stupid".

Actually, you wouldn't be wasting your time. Perhaps this is all just a big misunderstanding. I've never had a problem with you in the past. I know you claimed to have no clue who I am, but we've conversed MANY times in the past, and I think I did actually meet you at a Texans tailgate years ago. I've got no beef with you and never have. I'm unsure what yours has been with me lately outside of thinking my posts are "stupid".

When I said I didn't know who you are I meant that when I quoted the post I didn't bother to see who wrote it. And I didn't say your posts were stupid, I said that I often comment on posts I think are stupid such as saying you're done with the Texans because OB sucks. Sorry if I misunderstood you but "I'm done" generally means done and gone don't it?

When I said I didn't know who you are I meant that when I quoted the post I didn't bother to see who wrote it. And I didn't say your posts were stupid, I said that I often comment on posts I think are stupid such as saying you're done with the Texans because OB sucks. Sorry if I misunderstood you but "I'm done" generally means done and gone don't it?
Fair enough man. Game day posts regularly can get heated. I think us men get especially heated when we are pumped up watching grown men beat the **** out of each other.

Like I said, I've never had an issue with you. I did take exception when it seemed you were inferring that my post was stupid by you stating you only respond to stupid posts.

As for "I'm done", look man I'm an angry fan sick of the years of turmoil of being a Houston sports fan. As much as I wish I could be "done", it simply will never happen. I can't quit Houston sports, no matter how much I try. In this case, I did mean I was done with O'Brien, but I can see how that could be mistaken.

Reactions: ROO
My favorite moment during the game.
When Jadeveon Clowney sacked Dalton.

NFL.com still doesn't allow playable embeds.
Why is that? The MLB and the NBA both do.

Just click on "Watch on YouTube."

Makes me wish J.J. Watt was ready for the playoffs.
Watt is moving around better: Fired up and excited.

My favorite moment during the game.
When Jadeveon Clowney sacked Dalton.

NFL.com still doesn't allow playable embeds.
Why is that? The MLB and the NBA both do.

Just click on "Watch on YouTube."

Makes me wish J.J. Watt was ready for the playoffs.
Watt is moving around better: Fired up and excited.
The embed worked for me on Tapatalk. Not sure how it is on the computer.

Definitely an awesome play! Was fun seeing JJ jumping around. Like I said earlier in the thread, it's a shame the medical staff handled his injury so poorly. I remember CND talking about the dangers of returning too soon after his surgery. Yet what do the Texans do? They play him immediately. For a franchise full of cluster f*cks, it's definitely one of the biggest.

Fair enough man. Game day posts regularly can get heated. I think us men get especially heated when we are pumped up watching grown men beat the **** out of each other.

That's stupid. But normal I guess.

I can't stand the negativity of our game day threads. so I've been monitoring other fans' game day thread. Three different teams, one with a good tradition of winning. but the moment something went wrong, they went full negative.

I guess it is up to the team to make more positive plays.

I can't stand the negativity of our game day threads. so I've been monitoring other fans' game day thread. Three different teams, one with a good tradition of winning. but the moment something went wrong, they went full negative.

I will confess I'm one of those ultra negative fans most of the time. Actually maybe more of a flow of the game kind of poster, but we have so many issues on offense it's hard not to be negative.

I remember back in the Kubiak era when Schaub was healthy I was always more positive even after something went really wrong. Usually I blamed it on the officials back then.

I just really miss turning the game on and thing " we could definitely win this game", or "we will kill this team!". Now it's "how will we F this up", or " how embarrassing if a loss will this be, will it at least be a loss that is respectable".

This team desperately needs a true Franchise QB.

Well and my point is this is a violent game. Fans get behind their team and are passionate about that team. It's why you get up and yell at the games, you scream first down every time the team gets one (as stupid as that tradition is), and you defend your team against others that bash them.

Everyone is not this way, but I am one of those passionate fans. When I'm excited about the team, like the other night, I get fired up, and there are a ton of posters like me.

All that said, I'm also very frustrated with this team. I'm frustrated with the franchise long curse of being unable to find a franchise QB (except a couple years with Schaub), I'm frustrated by the team's management, I'm tired of the team's "awe shucks" owner, and I'm tired of Butt Chin's play calling in the red zone. If I was the only one saying this stuff, I might think I was being overly dramatic. But reality is probably the majority of posters on this board agree with me on the state of this team. And that's something that would make anyone frustrated.

Back