Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

I will be going to the training camp on Saturday Aug 4. I'm coming from out of town. I've never been to a training camp and do not know what to expect. Any advice.

I will be going to the training camp on Saturday Aug 4. I'm coming from out of town. I've never been to a training camp and do not know what to expect. Any advice.

Plenty of water. You must arrive early if you want any chance what so ever to have a seat. Odds are, plan on standing

Lmao! Nah just me

I don't have any for Saturday anyways, but you can't blame me for trying!

I have 2 tickets for Wednesday, but I'm using 1 for me and 1 for my daughter. Next year I may try to download some for each day and then just email them to the people that want them. That would definitely benefit some people on this board, like yourself.

Be there when the gate opens and unless you have kids who want to walk through the games and freebies that are available , go find a seat . You may sit for awhile but it's worth it .

I don't have any for Saturday anyways, but you can't blame me for trying!

I have 2 tickets for Wednesday, but I'm using 1 for me and 1 for my daughter. Next year I may try to download some for each day and then just email them to the people that want them. That would definitely benefit some people on this board, like yourself.

Lol not saturday, Sunday?

Players PC's as they reported earlier

DB

31d24aa2d80d11e19f001231380fbca8_7.jpg

Brooks Reed

a2bdcdbcd81311e19f001231380fbca8_7.jpg

Barwin sportin his Kubiak do. Says he can't wait for Kubiak to see it

3d00bda8d81411e18ce622000a1e880e_7.jpg

Mercilus

46a81fe0d81e11e19a9c22000a1e8b99_7.jpg

AJ

eaa9b442d82211e182d912313b0c28f0_7.jpg

Finally the long drought is over. Whew. I hate Feb-July. Now I can play in the bigboy threads again!

Please, football Gods, let us please kick some serious ass this year. We deserve it. We've been waiting long enough on your dumb ass bull****. Pittsburg, New England, New York, they are all losers. We are due. Let Houston kick ass.

If not, kiss my ass because I didn't believe in your stupid ass anyway.

Wade's defense rocks and Arian can run over you and your dumbass stupid bull**** wings any day of the week.

None of this preseason hype interests me very much. Until they get on the field in a regular season game it's all pretty meaningless.

Not until that happens is all of this offseason optimism put to the test. That is what I am looking forward to.

None of this preseason hype interests me very much. Until they get on the field in a regular season game it's all pretty meaningless.

Not until that happens is all of this offseason optimism put to the test. That is what I am looking forward to.

Its not about buying into hype. Its about the fact we can discuss actual football matters instead of the other nonsense we've had to talk about to keep us entertained.

I would also argue that there are plenty of storylines that should interest Texans fans. The fun of the preseason is watching the young guys and seeing how they come along. There's plenty to follow.

Pre season is what determines how the roster will round out.

You can't predict consistency, but you can see what guys are capable of doing against top level competition.

I have tickets and I'm not going. Willing to give them away if the wife is ok with that.

Just so you know the Texans have a program for giving tickets away to charities. We had a very nice couple use a pair of our tickets for one preseason game. The father had been sleeping with his daughter (cancer) in the hospital for over a month. They won a drawing for the tickets and it turned out to be on his birthday. Just a thought.

Just so you know the Texans have a program for giving tickets away to charities. We had a very nice couple use a pair of our tickets for one preseason game. The father had been sleeping with his daughter (cancer) in the hospital for over a month. They won a drawing for the tickets and it turned out to be on his birthday. Just a thought.

That's very cool.

Sorry if I my post was confusing, but I have tickets for tomorrow's practice.

But if I have pre season tickets and decide not to go that will definitely be the way I go. I did not know about that program.

Sweet. You know what I did with mine twice? I mailed them to Vinny and told him to pick somebody. Regular season games. I believe a moderator here got them once and a poster who appears to no longer be around. I stopped when Vinny disappeared. I think I will start again now that he's back.

Don't expect to see much hitting if you're going to training camp this weekend. Under the new CBA, there's a no contact rule in effect for the first three days of practice.

Sweet. You know what I did with mine twice? I mailed them to Vinny and told him to pick somebody. Regular season games. I believe a moderator here got them once and a poster who appears to no longer be around. I stopped when Vinny disappeared. I think I will start again now that he's back.

I'm willing to compensate for any unwanted tickets :fans:U:fans:

Not trying to hyjack the thread but how can I change my name? I love Mario and all but I'm first and foremost a Texan fan!

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
I've never seen so many fans at Texans practice. Never seen such a traffic jam outside practice facility. Fans are pumped.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
OLB Connor Barwin received a marriage proposal while he was stretching from a screaming fan. Must b his new haircut.

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Schaub complete to Andre Johnson on 1st 2 plays of 7-on-7s. Johnson stretched out for 2nd on rt sideline. Huge cheers from crowd

Ay5NZ20CAAASqEg.jpg

Ay5TIYaCAAAcDBQ.jpg

Ay5SN0PCUAE1LIs.jpg

P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Practice moved inside due to heat issues.

Considerable arm strength drop off when Keenum gets in compared to Schaub and TJ

Schaub told Johnson he hasn't been this excited for a training camp since this rookie year. Johnson told his quarterback he feels the same way.

How Schaub's rebuilt right foot holds up is the key to getting to New Orleans in February. While insisting he's better than fine, Schaub admits he'll be wearing a "little orthotic" on his foot.
link

Coach’s Commentary: Special Teams
Posted by Nick Scurfield on July 27, 2012 – 9:12 pm

Marciano:

On P Brett Hartmann: He’s the best kickoff guy I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been around doing this a long time – 1986 was my first year in the NFL. I’ve never see a guy kick the ball through the uprights and hang the ball 4.6 seconds. I have never seen that.”

On LS Jon Weeks: “Jon Weeks is a little jugs-gun machine. He’s been flawless since he’s been here. He’ll continue to be flawless. He’s a good worker, good guy. No one should know who our snapper is, because he’s never snapped one over the head or we couldn’t get a punt off or get a field goal off, so Jon does a good job. He’s just good. He’s good. When Donnie (Jones) got here, he couldn’t believe how good the snapper was here. Donnie’s been around a few snappers. He’s just mastered his craft.”

Back