Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nike: Outfitters for the NFL and your Houston Texans

I am assuming that a lot of the cosmetic changes are also to make it easier for refs to spot some of these new penalties the NFL is imposing.

EIGHT pages so far of FASHION analysis by primarily the GUYS of TexansTalk!! You guys make my day!!:hurrah:

LOVE ya all!!
Gma

Devil wears Prada...

Texans wear Nike...

It's all good!

I am glad Nike took over. Never have liked Reebok apparel.

Yup. Hate the Reebok stuff. I am glad Nike took over but I have to be honest... I'm not too crazy about the collar. Reebok did good with the jerseys. I just dislike all their other products including shoes and tshirts.

man, don't like that giant ugly collar and those larger shoulder stripes. Who designed that crap? Leslie Alexander? That's hideous.

nfl_nike_texans_576.jpg

man, don't like that giant ugly collar and those larger shoulder stripes. Who designed that crap? Leslie Alexander? That's hideous.

nfl_nike_texans_576.jpg

My exact thought. Couldn't have said it better. I like the old unis much, much more. But then has been pointed out prior I fall into the old fart traditionalist category.

Oh well...

Are we really doing this still??????

:facepalm:

Give me some really positive -OR negative news about the Houston Texans, because at the end of the day I give a damn about the rat's ass as it relates to the uni!!

Give me some really positive -OR negative news about the Houston Texans, because at the end of the day I give a damn about the rat's ass as it relates to the uni!!
I don't really give a rat's ass about anyone's take on our cap numbers, since it's all guesses except what's actually published. But it's regarding the team, so it's discussed.

Anyway, I hope it's the quality of the pic, but that looks more like "Battle Red-Orange" than Battle Red. If that's an accurate representation, then not a fan.

The Texans horn (on locker) in the Myers battle red photo is also orange'ish...so I think it's the lighting or the camera had a flash that washed out the red, making it orange'ish.

Myers looks uncomfortable.

Something about the pants and the sleeves just doesn't seem quite right.

But if they say it feels good, great.

The Texans horn (on locker) in the Myers battle red photo is also orange'ish...so I think it's the lighting or the camera had a flash that washed out the red, making it orange'ish.
Good point. I should've caught that. sigh.

I think the red unis look a hell of a lot better than the blue ones. For me, it seems like the thick collar is more tolerable aesthetically.

The shoes

OK, that's very different. Anyone care to speculate on the cost of a Nike authentic jersey? The Reeboks listed for $225. I'm thinking the Nikes go for $300.

I saw this and now must have them.

thanks...and those are awful. Are they expecting cleavage? What's up with seeing the pads in the chest area? This is new and improved huh? When did we go to the orange? What are we gonna call that? Obtuse Orange?

they're more form-fitting compared to the reebok's....bad news for the fatties on the team.

they're more form-fitting compared to the reebok's....bad news for the fatties on the team.
I'm used to seeing the fat guys being fat...but those pads sticking through the front of the gargantuan V neck just kinda....well, blows. It looks like they mis-measured the uniform collar. Are you sure this isn't the cheerleader mockups?

What's up with the orange or is my color blindness just worse than it was yesterday?

6ycmf7.jpg

EIGHT pages so far of FASHION analysis by primarily the GUYS of TexansTalk!! You guys make my day!!:hurrah:

LOVE ya all!!
Gma

Hey, talking football uni changes does NOT count as "talking fashion"!
this is NOT a

:mancard:
violation.

....is it?

I'm used to seeing the fat guys being fat...but those pads sticking through the front of the gargantuan V neck just kinda....well, blows. It looks like they mis-measured the uniform collar. Are you sure this isn't the cheerleader mockups?

What's up with the orange or is my color blindness just worse than it was yesterday?

6ycmf7.jpg

The orange where red should be and the "black" where steel blue should be has to be the effect of bad locker room lighting. It's not you, its the bad lighting. I'm thinking the colors would look truer if they'd taken these photos in sunlight.

The orange where red should be and the "black" where steel blue should be has to be the effect of bad locker room lighting. It's not you, its the bad lighting. I'm thinking the colors would look truer if they'd taken these photos in sunlight.
yeah, thanks...all I know is when I see a plunging neckline like that, I expect to see boobs...and I'm not talking Casserly and Carr.

:spit:

The shoes

OK, that's very different. Anyone care to speculate on the cost of a Nike authentic jersey? The Reeboks listed for $225. I'm thinking the Nikes go for $300.

I saw this and now must have them.

Authentic's are $250, not that bad. I'm hoping to get a reebok one for under $100 but man, the fitment is soooo bad on the reeboks

Authentic's are $250, not that bad. I'm hoping to get a reebok one for under $100 but man, the fitment is soooo bad on the reeboks

Like I said earlier in this thread, the $250 price tag on auth jerseys is going to keep the Asian knock-off people in business for a good while.

Looking around Reliant and just watching NFL games on TV I am seeing more Asian knock off jerseys than real licensed jerseys (both replica and authentics combined). Personally I don't get it. The NFL could sell auth jerseys for around $80 and those flimsy replicas for around $30 and still make a huge profit. I would think most serious fans would opt to spend $80 maybe even $100 for a real NFL jersey over spending say $30 for an Asian knock off. However at $250 probably 80% or more will keep buying the auth knock off. Bottom line is if the NFL lowered their prices they would probably make a lot more money.

Personally, if I spend $250 for a football jersey I would probably have to shell out thousands more for divorce proceedings. ;)

Like I said earlier in this thread, the $250 price tag on auth jerseys is going to keep the Asian knock-off people in business for a good while.

Looking around Reliant and just watching NFL games on TV I am seeing more Asian knock off jerseys than real licensed jerseys (both replica and authentics combined). Personally I don't get it. The NFL could sell auth jerseys for around $80 and those flimsy replicas for around $30 and still make a huge profit. I would think most serious fans would opt to spend $80 maybe even $100 for a real NFL jersey over spending say $30 for an Asian knock off. However at $250 probably 80% or more will keep buying the auth knock off. Bottom line is if the NFL lowered their prices they would probably make a lot more money.

Personally, if I spend $250 for a football jersey I would probably have to shell out thousands more for divorce proceedings. ;)

Part of me wants to get those knock offs because they're so dang cheap, but the other part of me refuses because they look awful. I just can't get past those thick, shiny numbers.

the fake jerseys were getting better, they started using non-shiny, thin numbers and thinner shoulder stripes..

Last edited:
I like the road unis best.

And, having been an all-blue uni proponent, this will only further my cause.

But, overall, these changes are definitely not an improvement, IMO

Hey, talking football uni changes does NOT count as "talking fashion"!
this is NOT a

:mancard:
violation.

....is it?

Your "man card" is safe! :) Besides, I'm getting a real kick outa reading this thread. I think you guys are pickier than women! :pursefight:

From a female point of view! Right now, I don't like the new one's. Maybe they will look better in person, but, I doubt it. Don't care for the big red collar at all.

Meyers can not be happy with the length of those sleeves. Before this year he had to have the shortest sleeves in the nfl

Before
Chris+Myers+Divisional+Playoffs+Houston+Texans+MDioYoERaPBl.jpg

After
DSC07379--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

Meyers can not be happy with the length of those sleeves. Before this year he had to have the shortest sleeves in the nfl

Before
Chris+Myers+Divisional+Playoffs+Houston+Texans+MDioYoERaPBl.jpg

After
I don't like how they changed the shoulder stripe either. It's been lowered and broadened and it really looks crappy from the side view.

NO way this is an improvement in look. Just look at how classy our look in in the first image...and look at it now. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUGLY!!!!!!!!

brian-cushing-texans1.jpg

nfl_nike_texans_576.jpg

6ycmf7.jpg

Why didn't Meyers wear some cleats to model the uni? LOL...

He looks awkward and uncomfortable...

Dre looks cool as a cucumber though...

Myers looks uncomfortable as hell in that thing, looks like he's gotta drop a load. He looks like he has a girdle on. :ahhaha:

I agree with Vinny, I dont want no manboobs in my NFL. :dontknowa

Hope when the roof is closed and overcast the red doesn't change to orange again...:specnatz:

I don't like how they changed the shoulder stripe either. It's been lowered and broadened and it really looks crappy from the side view.

NO way this is an improvement in look. Just look at how classy our look in in the first image...and look at it now. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUGLY!!!!!!!!

brian-cushing-texans1.jpg

nfl_nike_texans_576.jpg

6ycmf7.jpg

The stripe on the sleeve actually looks like the chinese knock offs now. That was one of the main ways I could spot a Texan's chinese jersey.

My exact thought. Couldn't have said it better. I like the old unis much, much more. But then has been pointed out prior I fall into the old fart traditionalist category.

Oh well...

The new unis are not endorsed by the Old Fart Brigade! :tearup:

Battle Orange!

Hey, still 100% better than last year's off-season talk during the lock out!!

The stripe on the sleeve actually looks like the chinese knock offs now. That was one of the main ways I could spot a Texan's chinese jersey.

speaking of the shoulder stripe...its just fugly and misplaced now. That just doesn't look coordinated at all....personally I think we now have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL. None of those new accents work the way they have been reconfigured.

The Battle Red is now Battle Orange...it was only a matter of time before the Denver infection spread itself to the jersey.

Would you people stop it!!! The Texans new Nike uniform is very close to the same as the Reebok version.

Why is this a big deal???

One thing I notice about the new jersey is that it has a dull, matte look, as opposed to the more shiny, gloss of the Reebok jersey. Looks more like a high school uniform.

I'll probably buy one, anyway. #sucker

Back