Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nike: Outfitters for the NFL and your Houston Texans

ApkXrd3CIAAA3ZA.jpg:large

Whats the deal with the HUGE collars?

Flywire collars that Nike is doing, apparently.

Sheesh guys. How gullible are you lot - they're obviously stand-ins! The pretend 'Suh', despite being around 31 other players hasn't tried to stamp on anyone yet. Pretty poor stand-inery if you ask me.

:kitten:

And for people saying Cushing would handle any of Suh's antics if we played them in Thanksgiving game....uh, no. Look at that guy. Scary mo-fo!

Wow, even the fake Ray Rice is short....

Kitten-thingy...

I wish Watt would have kicked is little Webster looking ass when he was talking smack to him in the regular season.

I'm glad Watt is not the type, and I respect the hell out of his "good guy" mentality, and although Ray Rice is a very talented RB, he is a little too mouthy for a guy that's 4' 8". (although I'm pretty sure he could kick my ass with one hand tied behind his back.)

The collars are a bit weird.

Especially the ones where a player is wearing a white Hanes undershirt. Dorks.

The collars are a bit weird.

Especially the ones where a player is wearing a white Hanes undershirt. Dorks.

Hahaha, did Hanes sign on for undergarments? Great now we will have Charlie Sheen in NFL appareal commercials!!!! WINNING!!!

I never noticed how many teams have the logo on the sleeve and the number on the top of the shoulder area. Is there a reason the Texans are different, or just personal preference?

Reporter: So, Andre. What do you think of the new jersey?

Andre:

Reporter: What do you think of the new jersey?

Andre:

Reporter: They warned me you were the strong, silent type.

Andre:

Reporter: I see. Hmmm....did you think about laying an ass whoppin on Finnegan during the photo shoot? He was right there. Did he say anything to you?

Andre:

Reporter: Geez, you're a statue. OK, fine. I'll go ask other players some questions now.

Reporter: So, Andre. What do you think of the new jersey?

Andre:

Reporter: What do you think of the new jersey?

Andre:

Reporter: They warned me you were the strong, silent type.

Andre:

Reporter: I see. Hmmm....did you think about laying an ass whoppin on Finnegan during the photo shoot? He was right there. Did he say anything to you?

Andre:

Reporter: Geez, you're a statue. OK, fine. I'll go ask other players some questions now.

dead.gif

Nice try.

We don't have a #14 on our team with the last name TEXANS.

Can't fool me.

The Houston Texans have chosen to take full innovation minus Nike Flywire technology in the neckline in order to stay true to their design aesthetic. While the Texans look will stay true to years past, the new Nike Elite 51 Uniform was designed and engineered from the inside out, focusing on creating a system where the baselayer, padding, jersey and pant work in concert. A few of the new innovations include increasing sleeve articulation for better range of motion and integrating new four-way stretch fabrication to provide a streamlined shrink-wrap fit.

ahh i get it now, if the texans would have went with the flywire, the red of the collar wouldnt have gone all the way around the collar.. with the red cutting off around the v part of the neck... should have done it..

2igytr4.jpg

Last edited:
I like the fat collar. I think it's going to stand out when they play...

I like the shoes too..

The shoes for every team has the team colors incorporated into the shoe design.

I don't ever remember the NFL teams' shows being anything other than white or black. Well, on second thought, I think I remember the Dolphins having some blue and orange mixed into their shoes (in stripes or something).

I wish we went with the flywire. Our collar looks awful.

I was hoping for radical changes, much like Oregon's jerseys.

The shoes for every team has the team colors incorporated into the shoe design.

I don't ever remember the NFL teams' shows being anything other than white or black. Well, on second thought, I think I remember the Dolphins having some blue and orange mixed into their shoes (in stripes or something).
I saw the shoes on the Nike website, and they'd be obvious as to what they are if you're wearing other Texans gear, but I wouldn't mind just being able to only rock the shoes and it be able to stand out from the custom Nikes you can design, or Nikes you can just get off the shelf.

I wish we went with the flywire. Our collar looks awful.

I was hoping for radical changes, much like Oregon's jerseys.

I hope we never change. If you change, it means you are doing nothing more than diverting from a long-term strategy of building your brand identity.

30 years from now, the Texans logo and jersey design should still be the same and something people associate with the Texans when they see it. The Packers, the Cowboys, the Giants, and most recently the Jets (who have gone back to their old Jet logo) have all understood that you stick with a logo and a look...you farm it for all it's worth. Switching it up every five years (like the Seahawks do) affirms that they are more concerned with their image, trying to be relevant, when they should be concerned with winning instead.

An owner makes fans mad, too, when they have 12 different looking jerseys and are always having the fans buy the newest design. Seems cool when you're a young fan...as you get older, you realize you just want everything to look the same. I know I do, at least. The broad red collar is as funky as McNair wanted to get, obviously. He's not the poster child for radical change, either, so you'll be waiting a long time for a re-design of our stuff.

Back