Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

Look beyond the first round and further back than the last couple years.

Wilfork, Watson, Mankins, Gostkowski, Mayo, Edelman, Chung, Gronkowski, McCourty, Chandler Jones, Hightower among others... pretty good haul compared to the Texans

You also have to remember they were drafting in the bottom 5 (last really) in almost all those years
Last 10 yrs has been garbage. All of the great drafting came at the beginning, but the last 10 yrs has been worse than the Texans even in the middle rounds. If I were to compare the players who were there, you would really see it.

I was Nick's biggest fan, I was pumped when he got hired. But one month in and Nick has yet to address his biggest issue (Watson), I can't believe he hasn't parked himself on Watson's driveway to speak to him yet. I'd feel marginalized if I was DW4 also I guess. Is he afraid of him or what?

I was Nick's biggest fan, I was pumped when he got hired. But one month in and Nick has yet to address his biggest issue (Watson), I can't believe he hasn't parked himself on Watson's driveway to speak to him yet. I'd feel marginalized if I was DW4 also I guess. Is he afraid of him or what?

Are you privy to how many times the franchise has reached out to dw and the responses they've gotten? Do tell.

Cause the truth is he knows he can't surround him with talent with no picks and no CAP room. His future at a GM is better he he starts from scratch.

Come on man you know that........

So wait if you threw a temper tantrum would you expect your bosses boss to park on your drive way begging you to come back? If Watson’s feelings are that hurt then he needs to grow up and step out into the real world. No one is irreplaceable at their job and that includes NFL QBs.

Some guys named Jerry Jones and Al Davis sure got by it with a lot in their day.

All I'm saying is that the league has mechanisms in place to punish an owner

And that it wouldn't require a law to be broken in order for the league to act against an owner as the previous poster suggested.

And that it wouldn't require a law to be broken in order for the league to act against an owner as the previous poster suggested.

I agree with you. Jerry Jones going rogue actually opened new revenue streams for the owners. If they see one of their own f'king sh!t up to where it might cost them money and reduce their grip on power over the players, you can bet your house they'll step in and do something. I don't know where that line is and if Cal has crossed it, but it could definitely happen.

I agree with you. Jerry Jones going rogue actually opened new revenue streams for the owners. If they see one of their own f'king sh!t up to where it might cost them money and reduce their grip on power over the players, you can bet your house they'll step in and do something. I don't know where that line is and if Cal has crossed it, but it could definitely happen.

See this right here is the part that makes no sense to me. What exactly have Cal and the Texans done that would cause the NFL at large any kind of problem? In fact let’s forget absolutes what do people THINK the Texans have done?

wasn't disagreeing with you that mechanisms may be in place to correct/punish owners but some rarely care.

He's addressing the problem

Just not the way you would like him too.

So wait if you threw a temper tantrum would you expect your bosses boss to park on your drive way begging you to come back? If Watson’s feelings are that hurt then he needs to grow up and step out into the real world. No one is irreplaceable at their job and that includes NFL QBs.

Spot On

The problem is that DW4 thinks he's irreplaceable.

See this right here is the part that makes no sense to me. What exactly have Cal and the Texans done that would cause the NFL at large any kind of problem? In fact let’s forget absolutes what do people THINK the Texans have done?

Nothing

Some people wont be happy until Easterby is shown the door. Others dont like anything to do with the Patriots and therefore dont like the Caserio hire. Some are just whiny WOF fans.

What the WOF fans cant seem to comprehend is 1. DW4 ain't coming back. 2. DW4 and more importantly his GF want to live in NY/Mia for marketing/Modeling opportunities.

Last edited:
Interesting how Belichick makes all the decisions when they're good ones but somehow Caserio doesn’t know how draft now.
I don't believe the podcast addressed that specifically. Since this is a Caserio thread and Nick was Director of Player Personnel for the Patriots the podcast seemed appropriate for this thread.

Last edited:
I don't believe the podcast addressed that specifically. Since this is a Caserio thread and Nick was Director of Player Personnel for the Patriots the podcast seemed appropriate for this thread.

The question I will be watching is how well he does with the training wheels off.

If he can build up a gaggle of draft picks and make some shrewd moves he could very well start his own legend.

My concern with Caserio at the moment......he's yet to sign anyone to his staff. I'm not digging the dragging of feet in the area.

Surely the owner & GMs tactic will be for new HC Culley to endeavor to initiate and successfully develop a personal relationship with Watson,
wouldn't you think ? So until that happens we probably won't hear anything substantive from the GM about DW4.
After all since coach Culley is a 65 year old AA man it would seem very unlikely that the well mannered, polite, and thoughtful young Watson would be unwilling to grant the coach at the minimum a meeting to get acquainted.

My thoughts are anyone who can’t get on board with the new direction needs to be gone anyway. It’s not like we’re dismantling a championship team or FO. Like Literally noone currently in that locker room or FO has been a major part of anything in the big time NFL championship arena. the only guy who has is Caserio.

So I think he’s earned the right to set things up how he wants them.

Last edited:
Said all along this was all house cleaning and scouting department would be next.

Yep. This is standard operating procedure for new GMs. And it makes sense. He wants his guys in there doing their jobs the way he needs it done as a GM.

I'm surprised it didn't happen a little sooner, tbh.

Hopefully, Caserio is needing a lot of scouting reports on first & second round talent for the 2021 draft. :bigboss:

Yeah, but it's a lot of
tumblr_njx611aiBZ1sztyb3o1_1280.png

What's he trying to say? That first sentence... something is missing.
Yea that first sentence does seem like its missing something or else JCP was so quick to reply in haste he (assuming he) screwed it up. Go to twitter and read the thread, pretty funny.

What's he trying to say? That first sentence... something is missing.
I think the first sentence is what it's intended to be. The poster seems to be acknowledging that those close to NC are concerned but it's only because of misconceptions by the media. He is implying that the media perceptions of the situation around the Texans are not true so there should be no concern.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Back