Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don't think Belichick would hae any problems ditching Easterby in favor of keeping Watson...
We need to get past Easterby. Watson said the problem is Cal.

Somehow we got that twisted thinking Easterby is influencing Cal & now Watson hates Cal.

But Easterby is an extension of Cal forming the organization in his image.

It starts with Cal. There is no choosing Easterby over Watson. It starts with Cal.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
We need to get past Easterby. Watson said the problem is Cal.

Somehow we got that twisted thinking Easterby is influencing Cal & now Watson hates Cal.

But Easterby is an extension of Cal forming the organization in his image.

It starts with Cal. There is no choosing Easterby over Watson. It starts with Cal.
I haven’t heard/seen Watson say anything, other than quote song lyrics.

I have heard/seen Andre Johnson say it’s Easterby though.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Are Cal and Janice McNair completely unaware what happened with the Patriots this season w/o Tom Brady? They can't be. The Texans beat the Patriots right here in Houston on November of this season. Are they unaware what Tom Brady has done in Tampa? They can't be as that team is headed towards the Super Bowl. So my question is, who is the driving force behind this New England South continuation?

Yes, Cal and Janice are fully responsible for what has gone on these last 20 or so months. They are being grifted and the first step to get out of the grift is to severe ties with the grifter. Hey, I don't blame Easterby one single bit for influencing Cal into hiring Caserio. And I don't yet know what kind of GM Caserio will be. He has probably earned this opportunity. The optics look really bad, though in how he got here. It looks like Easterby was out for himself and he knew the only person that wouldn't demote or fire him outright was his friend, Nick Caserio.

The grift continues.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Are Cal and Janice McNair completely unaware what happened with the Patriots this season w/o Tom Brady? They can't be. The Texans beat the Patriots right here in Houston on November of this season. Are they unaware what Tom Brady has done in Tampa? They can't be as that team is headed towards the Super Bowl. So my question is, who is the driving force behind this New England South continuation?

Yes, Cal and Janice are fully responsible for what has gone on these last 20 or so months. They are being grifted and the first step to get out of the grift is to severe ties with the grifter. Hey, I don't blame Easterby one single bit for influencing Cal into hiring Caserio. And I don't yet know what kind of GM Caserio will be. He has probably earned this opportunity. The optics look really bad, though in how he got here. It looks like Easterby was out for himself and he knew the only person that wouldn't demote or fire him outright was his friend, Nick Caserio.

The grift continues.
Even with Easterby gone Cal and Janice will continue to make very bad decisions regarding the Houston Texans. Easterby is a result, he is not the cause. With Cal and Janice reamining as owners, there will still be more Easterbys. Caserio is an Easterby.

Maverick

Failure is not an option
I dunno. For the first time since Gaine, we have a real general manager a head coach who, so far, doesn't let his emotion cloud his judgment. If Cal can stick to the country club, fire Easterby, hire a real executive VP, and let said new executive VP and Caserio run the team, they might be able to salvage some respectability.

As it stands now, we are a laughing stock led by the Big Enos and his lap dog Easterby.

Even with Easterby gone Cal and Janice will continue to make very bad decisions regarding the Houston Texans. Easterby is a result, he is not the cause. With Cal and Janice reamining as owners, there will still be more Easterbys. Caserio is an Easterby.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I dunno. For the first time since Gaine, we have a real general manager a head coach who, so far, doesn't let his emotion cloud his judgment. If Cal can stick to the country club, fire Easterby, hire a real executive VP, and let said new executive VP and Caserio run the team, they might be able to salvage some respectability.

As it stands now, we are a laughing stock led by the Big Enos and his lap dog Easterby.
I disagree, this is your typical McNair Fustercluck. As long as the McNairs remain owners of the Houston Texans there will be more Easterbys and there will be more fusterclucks.

I disagree, this is your typical McNair Fustercluck. As long as the McNairs remain owners of the Houston Texans there will be more Easterbys and there will be more fusterclucks.
Cal is the key and you're implying just why I think Easterby is the bad cog. IMO, Cal would probably be easily influenced by anyone with a good delivery, especially if you come from a successful organization. Jack, the opportunist, recognized this and positioned himself in the hierarchy. Back to Nick, a plus side is that for the first in a while we have a head coach that reports to the GM and not equally to the owner.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

deucetx

Rookie
Probably been said in this thread but it's 20 pages so I'll just reiterate it because I see this pop up in other threads...

The Patriots do not have a solid draft history. In the past, sure. They did pretty decent in drafts but as of late that has not been the case. They haven't drafted a pro-bowler since 2013 and have had way too many misses as of late. People are taking the team success and equating it with draft success when that hasn't been the case. They simply had one of the best quarterbacks to get under center, great coaching from Belichek especially in regards to pre-game planning and adjustments. It's pretty commonly known their drafts have not been good for 5+ years now so not sure why some are proclaiming otherwise unless they are sipping from the same pitcher of Patriots Kool-Aid that Cal does.

Since 2009 when they drafted Edelman they have selected 10 receivers and all of them you can probably find on the back of a milk carton. Maybe N'Keal Harry still has a chance to turn into something who they drafted in the 1st round in 2019 though he has hardly exhibit anything to this point to prove as such.

With that said I am not saying Nick is going to be bad because it remains to be seen. Maybe he will flourish in a different environment, more control over his scouting staff, etc. But this blind look that he was on the Patriots so he must be a great at drafting is just a reach that Stretch Armstrong would even find impressive.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Probably been said in this thread but it's 20 pages so I'll just reiterate it because I see this pop up in other threads...

The Patriots do not have a solid draft history. In the past, sure. They did pretty decent in drafts but as of late that has not been the case. They haven't drafted a pro-bowler since 2013 and have had way too many misses as of late. People are taking the team success and equating it with draft success when that hasn't been the case. They simply had one of the best quarterbacks to get under center, great coaching from Belichek especially in regards to pre-game planning and adjustments. It's pretty commonly known their drafts have not been good for 5+ years now so not sure why some are proclaiming otherwise unless they are sipping from the same pitcher of Patriots Kool-Aid that Cal does.

Since 2009 when they drafted Edelman they have selected 10 receivers and all of them you can probably find on the back of a milk carton. Maybe N'Keal Harry still has a chance to turn into something who they drafted in the 1st round in 2019 though he has hardly exhibit anything to this point to prove as such.

With that said I am not saying Nick is going to be bad because it remains to be seen. Maybe he will flourish in a different environment, more control over his scouting staff, etc. But this blind look that he was on the Patriots so he must be a great at drafting is just a reach that Stretch Armstrong would even find impressive.
Yes its been said but good recap. You may be showing your age with the Armstrong quip but I loved that damn thing when I was a kid.

H_Town_Gaucho

Waterboy
I don't think Cal really cares all that much about the drama on his team. After the COVID goes away (let's hope it does) and his stadium starts filling up again with fans/season tickets holders, the only thing he really cares about is making $$. That's the bottom line, and if that stops anywhere along the way, he will just sell the the team.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I don't think Cal really cares all that much about the drama on his team. After the COVID goes away (let's hope it does) and his stadium starts filling up again with fans/season tickets holders, the only thing he really cares about is making $$. That's the bottom line, and if that stops anywhere along the way, he will just sell the the team.
I don't believe his stadium will be full. After a year off and watching this, I and a lot of season ticket holders are not renewing tickets. So what if I lose my PSL, good money after bad anymore. If I ever do want to come back when this looks up. I will overpay for some tickets on ticketmaster. No way I support the clown show

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
You know.....Daddy McNair may have had a provision in his Will that prevented the family from selling the team. If that were the case, only the NFL could step in and force the McNair's to sell. Does shear stupidity count as an offense so bad that the NFL would force a sell?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Yep. I think this is the fundamental rot in this franchise. It is inept at its very core.

Part of me wants to give Caserio the benefit of the doubt, but then I realize that he's just another McNair hire and they seem incapable of making good judgement staff decisions. Mix in the withering branches of the Patriots tree, and it seems reasonable that Caserio needs to earn the trust of fans before it's just given to him for merely existing.

Perhaps it's the blind squirrel theory and we get lucky, but that's a helluva' way to run a football franchise.

I don't believe his stadium will be full. After a year off and watching this, I and a lot of season ticket holders are not renewing tickets. So what if I lose my PSL, good money after bad anymore. If I ever do want to come back when this looks up. I will overpay for some tickets on ticketmaster. No way I support the clown show
YES! This city needs tens of thousands of PSL owners like you coming to the same conclusion and making the same decision.

That is the ONLY way to get through the veil of arrogance surrounding these miserable owners.

michaelm

vox nihili
Yep. I think this is the fundamental rot in this franchise. It is inept at its very core.

Part of me wants to give Caserio the benefit of the doubt, but then I realize that he's just another McNair hire and they seem incapable of making good judgement staff decisions. Mix in the withering branches of the Patriots tree, and it seems reasonable that Caserio needs to earn the trust of fans before it's just given to him for merely existing.

Perhaps it's the blind squirrel theory and we get lucky, but that's a helluva' way to run a football franchise.

YES! This city needs tens of thousands of PSL owners like you coming to the same conclusion and making the same decision.

That is the ONLY way to get through the veil of arrogance surrounding these miserable owners.
The team still makes bank if tens of thousands of people just forfeit their PSLs, don't they?
I assume the team gets to resell them and pocket the money.
And in this city full of casual fans and professional tailgaters, I think they will sell every last one of them

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
The team still makes bank if tens of thousands of people just forfeit their PSLs, don't they?
I assume the team gets to resell them and pocket the money.
And in this city full of casual fans and professional tailgaters, I think they will sell every last one of them
That's the thing with the NFL. With the TV contracts, they make money whether they sell a single ticket or not. But thanks to the PSL scam, where you're basically forced to buy tickets, they've really got those people by the balls.

I was at the Christmas day game against the Steelers where it was 85% Steelers fans in attendance. I'm just a fan and that was ******* embarassing to me. Not sure it meant anything to Cal because those tickets were already bought and paid for. Who cares if a game at NRG is a Steelers home game?

They may not get it right 100% of the time, but they’re putting a better product on the field than many teams in the last 10 years.
Sure, we're not the Jets, or Lions, or Browns, or even the Bengals the last 20 years, but that doesn't mean we aren't headed in that direction.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Earl34

Hall of Fame
So, who was responsible for these drafts by NE?

According to either an interview or something I read, Belichick would make the draft decisions and often went against his "GM" and scouts. In other words. Caserio gets credit for the draft board, scouting and being the GM. But when it comes to the Pats draft failures, it falls on Belichick. Very convenient.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

superford

Practice Squad
Watson leaked to someone Cal can’t fix this unless he fires himself
At some point it would be nice if Watson would be the adult in the room and just make his thoughts clear on his own. Obviously ownership isn't adulting well. I expect better from someone of Watson's integrity. It wouldn't hurt his value or make a team want him less.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Lots of very good picks in there... let's see how he does
What? Harry over Brown and Metcalf? Sony Michel over Chubb? 1 drafted pro bowler offensive pro bowler in 10 yrs and you say good draft. 1! See, just like anyone else claiming the Patriot way, they get credit for success and the other guy for the failures. I need to know, who chose Harry over Brown and Metcalf and Sony over Chubb

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

I'm not going to stand up and wave the Patriot's flag over draft picks, but I don't think they've done as poorly as your post suggests.
Personally, I think a Pro Bowl nomination is as much of a joke as being a 1,000 yd receiver or RB is in a 16 (soon to be 17) game season. Back in the 10, 12, 14 game seasons, those were stud numbers and fans couldn't vote like Democrats: early and as often as they want to.
How many pro bowl receivers can a team have when it's fielding the likes of Welker, Edelman, Gronk or Hernandez?
I also counter that it's a bit more difficult to find these standout draft picks when your team is basically sifting through the players that are left at the bottom of each round.
As far as Caserio goes, the buck has always stopped with BB. BB is not known for keeping ineffectual people around. If Caserio had been the guy plugging for a bunch of draft failures, would BB have kept advancing him up the ladder or fought to keep the Texans from poaching him a couple of years ago? I don't think so, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the next couple of seasons go before I judge him.
Just my :twocents:

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
What? Harry over Brown and Metcalf? Sony Michel over Chubb? 1 drafted pro bowler offensive pro bowler in 10 yrs and you say good draft. 1! See, just like anyone else claiming the Patriot way, they get credit for success and the other guy for the failures. I need to know, who chose Harry over Brown and Metcalf and Sony over Chubb
Look beyond the first round and further back than the last couple years.

Wilfork, Watson, Mankins, Gostkowski, Mayo, Edelman, Chung, Gronkowski, McCourty, Chandler Jones, Hightower among others... pretty good haul compared to the Texans

You also have to remember they were drafting in the bottom 5 (last really) in almost all those years

Last edited:

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
You know.....Daddy McNair may have had a provision in his Will that prevented the family from selling the team. If that were the case, only the NFL could step in and force the McNair's to sell. Does shear stupidity count as an offense so bad that the NFL would force a sell?
People need to get past this “NFL step in and force..” the NFL isn’t going to force the Texans to do anything that are not wrote out in the league rules because the McNairs are one of Goodell’s bosses. They didn’t force Kraft after a national sex scandal, they didn’t force Snyder after the team got banned from their own stadium and they are not forcing the McNairs.

The Texans are privately owned which means as long as they don’t break the law no one can force them to do anything. IF the Texans were forced that means any other team could be forced to and that is not a power they are going to give anyone. The owners, including the McNairs, are the matrix, Goodell is just their loyal agent enacting their will.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
People need to get past this “NFL step in and force..” the NFL isn’t going to force the Texans to do anything that are not wrote out in the league rules because the McNairs are one of Goodell’s bosses. They didn’t force Kraft after a national sex scandal, they didn’t force Snyder after the team got banned from their own stadium and they are not forcing the McNairs.

The Texans are privately owned which means as long as they don’t break the law no one can force them to do anything. IF the Texans were forced that means any other team could be forced to and that is not a power they are going to give anyone. The owners, including the McNairs, are the matrix, Goodell is just their loyal agent enacting their will.
What did the owner of the Panthers do? Could something like that be pinned on Cal? And there was the 49'ers deal way back

michaelm

vox nihili

Has nothing to do with Godell. It would likely be a situation voted on by the other owners. Probably a simple majority.
I'm assuming there is a clause where any action by a team deemed detrimental to the league could be cause for a vote.
Privately owned or not, there are league rules that have to be followed by each team. They've agreed to those rules in order to be allowed to own a team in the league

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Has nothing to do with Godell. It would likely be a situation voted on by the other owners. Probably a simple majority.
I'm assuming there is a clause where any action by a team deemed detrimental to the league could be cause for a vote.
Privately owned or not, there are league rules that have to be followed by each team. They've agreed to those rules in order to be allowed to own a team in the league
Ok so for the sake of argument what have they done to violate any rules? For that matter what have they done that is detrimental to the league. People may not want to hear this but from the owners point of view Watson is the one that they are more likely to run out of town right now.

I’m not saying it should or will happen but I can see the owners making an example out of Watson so other players don’t think they can do the same. Basically “If we were willing to do that to one of the top, young QBs do you really think we won’t freeze you out to?”

michaelm

vox nihili
Ok so for the sake of argument what have they done to violate any rules? For that matter what have they done that is detrimental to the league. People may not want to hear this but from the owners point of view Watson is the one that they are more likely to run out of town right now.

I’m not saying it should or will happen but I can see the owners making an example out of Watson so other players don’t think they can do the same. Basically “If we were willing to do that to one of the top, young QBs do you really think we won’t freeze you out to?”
I'm not saying they've violated any rules or necessarily done anything detrimental to the league.
I'm just saying that I think your earlier description wasn't accurate when you said they would have to break a law

badboy

Hall of Fame

...at $40 million a year and Goodell doesn't have to dodge 300 pounders like Watson. And if I remember correctly, Goodell is already in New York?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Some guys named Jerry Jones and Al Davis sure got by it with a lot in their day.

Absolutely, I would probably go a lil further to say that unless Janice McNair breaks the law AND it affects the NFL in a manner stated in their by-laws then the NFL will never infringe upon the Texans. If Cal does something insane/stupid, the NFL could fine the team and/or Janice could replace him but it wouldn't be any more drastic than that.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
31 other owners like the Texans being a dysfunctional mess because it means another easy team to dominate every year.

Plus, the McNairs are gullible, always have been - Casserly in the beginning, Easterby is the latest - so other owners probably perceive them as rubes to be taken advantage of.

Texansballer74

The Marine
31 other owners like the Texans being a dysfunctional mess because it means another easy team to dominate every year.

Plus, the McNairs are gullible, always have been - Casserly in the beginning, Easterby is the latest - so other owners probably perceive them as rubes to be taken advantage of.
Don’t forget how Bill O’Brien took advantage of them too. Lol