Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I do have more faith in the Texans FO because I like the Caserio hire and have faith in him being able to find a QB as good or better than DW4 after he rebuilds the team with the draft picks gained from a DW4 trade. This would open up a 5-7 yr window to win a championship because the cap would no longer be an issue with a QB on a rookie deal.

Why am I confident Caserio can find another QB? Because he played QB in college and with the current/future cap situation there will be no championships. This is why I've been saying since last offseason we're in the middle of the lost decade.
lol You are terrible at being optimistic, especially when it is clouded by delusion. Your dislike for Deshaun clearly drives just about everything you have to say about this team. Don't even try to deny it. 90% of the board clearly sees it, as well.

I'm hopeful for Caserio, as well, but he's unproven as a GM, and certainly unproven without a GOAT HC driving his bus.

There's an old saying that comes to mind with regards to keeping Watson in a Texans uniform: "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

We may be in a so-called "lost decade", but the percentages guaranteeing your dire prediction certainly increases significantly if they have to look for a QB and then develop him. That's just basic football history 101 stuff. Ignore those time proven lessons at your peril.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
lol You are terrible at being optimistic, especially when it is clouded by delusion. Your dislike for Deshaun clearly drives just about everything you have to say about this team. Don't even try to deny it. 90% of the board clearly sees it, as well.

I'm hopeful for Caserio, as well, but he's unproven as a GM, and certainly unproven without a GOAT HC driving his bus.

There's an old saying that comes to mind with regards to keeping Watson in a Texans uniform: "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

We may be in a so-called "lost decade", but the percentages guaranteeing your dire prediction certainly increases significantly if they have to look for a QB and then develop him. That's just basic football history 101 stuff. Ignore those time proven lessons at your peril.
We dis agree, I'm 100 % sure because of the reasons I've listed many times if they keep DW4 this will be the lost decade. If they move on and get proper value and hit on the draft picks they get atleast they will have a chance to improve. This has nothing to do with hate for DW4. The minute DW4 signed his contract the Texans fate was sealed. IMHO. They cant improve the talent level enough to win a championship even if DW4 becomes a top 5 QB.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Anyone know if Nick has spoken with DW4 yet?
I would think that would something on his to-do list that he's like to get behind him, certainly would be a feather in his cap when interviewing HCs.
IDK but someone said DW4 was at the Rockets game the other night so he's back in town.

zshawn10

All Pro
Pancakes says the Texans interviewed five GM candidates in total, and they actually interviewed Trent Kirchner from Seattle after they interviewed Caserio, so it wasn't actually a "rush" hire at all. He also said the report that they backed out of an offer to Omar Khan was not true and was probably leaked by his agent to stir things up.

Also, Caserio had to go back to New England for a funeral over the weekend, so he submitted requests to interview coaches on his list when he got back, which included Eric Bienemy.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If it really is a hit piece, then I want to know so I'm not out there running my mouth without evidence. That's all I'm asking. We are on the same side.
There is no evidence in that article. I'm not saying it's a hit piece (though that is what it looks like). Not one fact that can be substantiated.

So regardless what you believe about the article. The fact that there are no facts, if you are basing your argument on that article, you're running your mouth with no evidence.

"But Florio says he knows a guy who used to date my neighbors uncle who used to work in the Grid Iron pretzel stand."

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I like the Caserio hire. Just wish it could have been handled above board. But, now the onus is on Nick. He took the $$$, and he has to fix this shiitestorm he didn't create. Bring in Watson. Bring in Watt. Get to the bottom of this and find a solution. Caserio has to be the alpha dog here, and get this ship righted.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
He'd get instant respect if he just came out and said, justified or not, Jack Easterby's presence is a distraction to this organization, and for the betterment of the team he's been told hit the road Jack, and don't you come back no more no more
What'd you say?

Would the Texans cheerleaders be singing backup?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
He'd get instant respect if he just came out and said, justified or not, Jack Easterby's presence is a distraction to this organization, and for the betterment of the team he's been told hit the road Jack, and don't you come back no more no more
Maybe its because I was a company scape goat that got blamed and fired for something that had nothing to do with me but firing a guy when its not justified would not make me give Caserio instant respect. The distraction part is due to the national media and I don't respect bowing down to them either.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
Give Caserio credit here. They've taken a rash of sh** publicly, but things are going on behind the scenes which are leading to some positive developments.

- Public Affirmation that Easterby will not be involved in football decisions
- Within days of his arrival he cast a wide net of coaching candidates requests
- This included the 3 guys Watson has publicly praised between EB, Daboll and he somehow managed to convince Eberflus to interview despite rejecting Cal (that will be a funny talking point if he's hired)
- According to Josina Anderson's tweet yesterday he was clearly doing some formely terrible Patriot Way stuff to push the rules/boundaries set in place by the NFL a bit to speed up the EB interview process. See here: - Later this morning it was confirmed KC's ownership and the NFL had agreed to the interview and the NFL formally announced current playoff coaching candidates were free to interview.

I'm not saying other GMs couldn't have pulled this off and there's still plenty of time for this to go off the rails. But it shows some foresight from Caserio and he's making moves to make Watson a little happier. Give it time.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
Give Caserio credit here. They've taken a rash of sh** publicly, but things are going on behind the scenes which are leading to some positive developments.

- Public Affirmation that Easterby will not be involved in football decisions
- Within days of his arrival he cast a wide net of coaching candidates requests
- This included the 3 guys Watson has publicly praised between EB, Daboll and he somehow managed to convince Eberflus to interview despite rejecting Cal (that will be a funny talking point if he's hired)
- According to Josina Anderson's tweet yesterday he was clearly doing some formely terrible Patriot Way stuff to push the rules/boundaries set in place by the NFL a bit to speed up the EB interview process. See here: - Later this morning it was confirmed KC's ownership and the NFL had agreed to the interview and the NFL formally announced current playoff coaching candidates were free to interview.

I'm not saying other GMs couldn't have pulled this off and there's still plenty of time for this to go off the rails. But it shows some foresight from Caserio and he's making moves to make Watson a little happier. Give it time.
Hmmm...

Let's let the man work.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
There is no evidence in that article. I'm not saying it's a hit piece (though that is what it looks like). Not one fact that can be substantiated.

So regardless what you believe about the article. The fact that there are no facts, if you are basing your argument on that article, you're running your mouth with no evidence.

"But Florio says he knows a guy who used to date my neighbors uncle who used to work in the Grid Iron pretzel stand."
Andre Johnson's perspective says it all. But I guess he's just running his mouth, too. :rolleyes:

As a native Texan, it should embarrass us all to have this crap franchise named after this great state.

wildroot

Rookie
You know concerning all this NE South crap, at one time NE was known as Cleveland South. How'd that work out for them?

Mangler

Toro de España
Any word on how Eric Bieniemy’s interview with the Texans went? Hopefully Caserio makes an announcement soon because I’ve been a little anxious lately.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Any word on how Eric Bieniemy’s interview with the Texans went? Hopefully Caserio makes an announcement soon because I’ve been a little anxious lately.
No way he makes an announcement soon.

Unless he decides on someone other than Bieniemy.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It doesn't matter how he interviews.

Cuck is going to give DW4 what he wants.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Still more than those that thought Blake Bortles would be a franchise QB.
You know every time I see your mention of Blake Bortles I know I won because you don't have anything else. You've been reduced to a discussion from 7 years ago in order to try and have some relevance. And it is kind of juvenile.. Looking back the Texans would've been so much better off had they drafted Bortles:

In 2015 they wouldn't of had to go thru the Hoyer and Mallett carousel while Bortles had more TD passes.

In 2016 you wouldn't of had to go through that awful Osweiler fiasco, saved tons of money and draft picks too while BB had 35 TDs.

In 2017 Bortles may have been able to get the Texans to the AFC Championship game like he did the Jags. A place the Texans are not familiar.

Not to mention that Bortles 103 TDs were much more productive than Clowney's 32 sacks.

If you and the Texans had listened to me 7 years ago, you know I could have saved you 6 years of heart ache with Bill O'Brien. You were such a cheerleader. I said at the time OB would fail like the 8 Belichick assistants who went before him. Who knew my clairvoyance would've seen that Blake Bortles would've been a better option than Bill O'Brien.

I think I will favorite this post and every time you want to have a 7 year old Bortles discussion I can copy and paste this for you again. :)

Last edited:

michaelm

vox nihili
I know most people are disgruntled and disinterested in this team right now, as am I.
But I have to admit I have interest in how Caserio handles this **** show.
If he's good, he has an opportunity to really make a name for himself by righting this ship.
Let's see if he can either get rid of Easterby, or create a situation where the players and staff are comfortable with him.
Let's see if he can talk DW down from the ledge.
Let's see if he can come up with a coherent plan to deal with a roster fairly devoid of quality talent.
And let's see what he can do with the cap hell he inherited.

Just watching what he does will be entertaining to me. Whether he fails or succeeds

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
If Bieniemy is not their man, now is the time to sit down with Watson and explain why HC candidate XXXX would be a better choice. This is a pivotal moment of new GM Caserio, the next several, years of this franchise hang in the balance.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I know most people are disgruntled and disinterested in this team right now, as am I.
But I have to admit I have interest in how Caserio handles this **** show.
If he's good, he has an opportunity to really make a name for himself by righting this ship.
Let's see if he can either get rid of Easterby, or create a situation where the players and staff are comfortable with him.
Let's see if he can talk DW down from the ledge.
Let's see if he can come up with a coherent plan to deal with a roster fairly devoid of quality talent.
And let's see what he can do with the cap hell he inherited.

Just watching what he does will be entertaining to me. Whether he fails or succeeds
Yep. Same here. Grab your popcorn! :popcorn:

And beyond the above questions, there's the general football side of things of wanting to see what kind of draft talent he picks and how it develops, which is what ultimately determines if a GM is good or not.

Caserio has certainly inherited a circus being run by clowns. I'm interested to see if he becomes a ringleader or just another clown. :bigboss: <OR> :clown:

Texian

Hall of Fame
If Bieniemy is not their man, now is the time to sit down with Watson and explain why HC candidate XXXX would be a better choice. This is a pivotal moment of new GM Caserio, the next several, years of this franchise hang in the balance.
May be irrelevant. Apparently DW4 is in NYC. Visiting with the NYJ? Enquiring minds would like to know.

Mangler

Toro de España
Eric Bieniemy’s interview with the Texans went really well according to reports. There was only one detail: Bieniemy wants at least partial roster control. Don’t know how that’ll sit with Caserio, but I imagine that he’s used to that kinda thing since that’s what Belichick did in NE anyway.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Eric Bieniemy’s interview with the Texans went really well according to reports. There was only one detail: Bieniemy wants at least partial roster control. Don’t know how that’ll sit with Caserio, but I imagine that he’s used to that kinda thing since that’s what Belichick did in NE anyway.

Caserio might be used to it in NE, but it could also be the reason why he wanted to be his own man in Houston. The plot thickens! lol