Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

Lol what?? His last name is Walter. I even looked it up because I thought I was going crazy

Thinking that was supposed to be a joke, but never know. My fanbase loved to call Anquan Boldin, Anquan "Bouldin"
It has to be a joke because he misspelled both. (It threw me through a loop too though so well done @House of Pain )

Owen Daniels has the S
People misspelling and mangling Kevin Walter's and Owen Daniels' names has been a long standing tradition on this forum.

As PN pointed out, posters could not spell these people's names correctly. It drove me nuts. Long time board members got tired of correcting them and just started trolling each other with what I did. Which is why some people still call the "Super Bowl" the "Superb Owl". I've had a lot of fun on this board and people are great. It's hilarious that we haven't had some sort of yearly or semi-yearly get together. On second thought, that may not be a good idea. lol

The lack of an S on a name irritating someone is humorous to me. I get spelling but I use voice to text a lot. I spot check most yet if I say Deshaun and Deshawn is typed.. I expect all to know whom I am talking about.

Now the Chicago Boys who used to post here... another story.

As PN pointed out, posters could not spell these people's names correctly. It drove me nuts. Long time board members got tired of correcting them and just started trolling each other with what I did. Which is why some people still call the "Super Bowl" the "Superb Owl". I've had a lot of fun on this board and people are great. It's hilarious that we haven't had some sort of yearly or semi-yearly get together. On second thought, that may not be a good idea. lol

If y'all are willing to show me around the great Bayou City sometime I'll be willing to come down for it myself!

We had a get together a few yrs ago. Thorn helped set it up.

I can not overstate how incredibly impressed by him and how excited I am for the next 5+ years, because of what he has done, and is in the process of doing. He has orchestrated the fastest and greatest restoration of an NFL team in modern NFL history. (Yes, I realize how I sound. I am not related to Nick, but I would like to be!)

I can not overstate how incredibly impressed by him and how excited I am for the next 5+ years, because of what he has done, and is in the process of doing. He has orchestrated the fastest and greatest restoration of an NFL team in modern NFL history. (Yes, I realize how I sound. I am not related to Nick, but I would like to be!)
I would say Caserio has been on a redemption tour the past year. Went from hanging onto his job by his fingernails to...

giphy.gif

I would say Caserio has been on a redemption tour the past year. Went from hanging onto his job by his fingernails to...

giphy.gif

I am so glad that he did! I have so much respect for what he was able to weather and then fix with the organiztion, starting with removing Voldemort... and his management of the Deshaun Watson episode was genius! As we win the next few years, I think everyone will feel similarly.

giphy.gif
I aont think his job was in jeopardy. This was always a 2 yr cleanup of the cap and 3 yrs before they could make the playoffs. I called this Caserio's 1st yr here. I mean he hired Culley for a reason. Where he got lucky id Derrick was a perv.

I am so glad that he did! I have so much respect for what he was able to weather and then fix with the organiztion, starting with removing Voldemort... and his management of the Deshaun Watson episode was genius! As we win the next few years, I think everyone will feel similarly.
Some wont admit they were wrong.

I aont think his job was in jeopardy. This was always a 2 yr cleanup of the cap and 3 yrs before they could make the playoffs. I called this Caserio's 1st yr here. I mean he hired Culley for a reason. Where he got lucky id Derrick was a perv.
Yeah I couldn't believe the haul he got for Watson. That really set us up for success.
I wonder where he ranks now among GMs?
Has to be up there.

giphy.gif

Caserio was never holding onto his job by his fingernails.

If he is on a redemption tour it’s because people were wrong about him.

Probably all those 7th round draft picks he traded away people are upset about still.

I would say more where he got lucky is that CJ looked at the other franchise QBs and said "Hold my beer". Also that DeMeco had so much love for this city that this was by far his first choice when frankly Houston wasn't the first choice for anybody with any talent.

Caserio’s best years are still in front of him.

e7c75777205645b063a1ce4712756cce.jpg

Don't get me wrong I think he well continue to do well but he will never have another year like he did this one. Hiring DeMeco, drafting both a franchise QB and DE that went rookie of the year on both sides of the ball, going from playing for the number 1 overall in the draft to making as far as Texans have ever made it in the playoffs in franchise history. No he will never have another year like this and thats good because you can only have years where you fix so many broken things because you have had previous years where so many things got broken.

Don't get me wrong I think he well continue to do well but he will never have another year like he did this one. Hiring DeMeco, drafting both a franchise QB and DE that went rookie of the year on both sides of the ball, going from playing for the number 1 overall in the draft to making as far as Texans have ever made it in the playoffs in franchise history. No he will never have another year like this and thats good because you can only have years where you fix so many broken things because you have had previous years where so many things got broken.
Disagree.
Keep putting together this team and win the SB would absolutely do it.

Involved in the sense that your comment implies? No of course not but it’s my understanding that Watson would not accept the trade unless the contract was guaranteed.

No that was the condition for him to go to the Browns. Browns were out of the running and Watson was about to go to Atlanta, there is even a picture he posted that has what would have been his falcons jersey in the background, when Browns offered that albatross of a contract.

I would say more where he got lucky is that CJ looked at the other franchise QBs and said "Hold my beer". Also that DeMeco had so much love for this city that this was by far his first choice when frankly Houston wasn't the first choice for anybody with any talent.
If Derrick wasn't a perv none of this would've happened.

No that was the condition for him to go to the Browns. Browns were out of the running and Watson was about to go to Atlanta, there is even a picture he posted that has what would have been his falcons jersey in the background, when Browns offered that albatross of a contract.
Okay, If true… this only strengthens my position that Caserio’s best year was that year if Atlanta was really going to trade for him. At the time I didn’t think we could even get a box of rocks for him.

Okay, If true… this only strengthens my position that Caserio’s best year was that year if Atlanta was really going to trade for him. At the time I didn’t think we could even get a box of rocks for him.

Yeah Caserio set 3 first round picks as the ante up to sit at the table. After that it was on the teams to play their cards best they could. I think it was Browns, Falcons and Saints were the 3 really serious contenders that agreed the three 1sts no matter what deal was made with Watson.

Just to be clear, what are the "moves" Caserio has made this offseason that we're hootin & holler'n about?
None this offseason, although there were a few like me that were disappointed after the 1st day of FA.

I got that all wrong and realize Caserio was playing chess not checkers. What I'm most happy about is

1. I think Ryans really wanted Wilkins and Al Shaair but Wilkins got priced out of the Texans market. So Caserio talked Ryans into going to plan B. (Autry/Hunter/ Al Shaair)

2. The days of Not Texans Worthy appear to be in the past and winning has become priority number 1.

Back