Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Nick Caserio - New GM

DeMeco is a really nice guy. Maybe too nice. Too nice to be an HC? I wouldn't be surprised to see DeMeco deferring to his coaches to make bad decisions that shouldn't be made. Both DeMeco and Lovie are made from the same cloth, super nice guys. So far Lovie has had more success as an NFL HC and also disappointment and failure as an NFL HC. Maybe you should switch to the Kool-Aid Brigade LITE Kool-Aid.

All Speculation.

I read this as guesswork on your part to promote whatever narrative you see fit.

Zero substance.

Last edited:
You may be hoping she’s the next Tammy Faye. I don’t know why you would.

But I said what I said. I hope she’s the next Georgia Frontiere.
I'm not hoping for anything, just reacting to what you're hoping for. Hannah is the polar opposite of Frontiere and has more in common with Bakker.

Ok I'll bite what does Hannah and Tammy Faye have in common?

The more I see/hear Hannah, the more I am becoming not only ok with her being heavily involved but actually happy that she has taken the lead.

She's not just a pretty face. Tons of smarts and substance behind those eyes. Hannah is the real deal. I think she's leading Cal around with an invisible choke collar and a cattle prod.

But again...I have no issues with that because Hannah may very well be the one person that saves this god-awful franchise from imploding on itself.

Just my thoughts based on observation and Texans history;

There was a clear power vacuum in the building when Bob McNair passed away. For whatever reason(s), Cal was unable to immediately fill it.

O'Brien initially filled it with his massive ego and big brain. Then it was manipulated by Littlefinger Jack's hidden agendas and he tried to power grab it.

Nick, David, and Lovie clearly weren't the men to fill it.

Cal never did, so Hannah appears to be willing (and able, so far) to at least maintain some control until DeMeco can rise up to the challenge.

It's been one of the most bizarre four years I've ever experienced as a football fan, up there with the shenanigans of one Bud Adams from back in the day.

Hopefully DeMeco and Hannah can steer a course that brings some semblance of professionalism and competence to the picture.

Good points DB. Maybe Demeco ends up sort of being that guy that takes the proverbial and literal horns of this franchise and being the defecto GM and chief decision maker. I think Nick is more comfy as a high paid errand boy and sous chef, getting the ingredients, and chopping them up, but not deciding what’s on the menu, nor cooking anything. Cal has stepped up some lately, but again I feel that’s Hannah applying the screws to him and basically forcing him to be in an uncomfortable space. He again is a more behind the scenes guy. That leaves Hannah herself, but I think she eventually cedes that role to Mr Ryans.

My 2.2 cents

My 2 cents.

What DB said is spot on. Cal, for whatever reason, was not comfortable/capable of taking the reins competently. He was too trusting and allowed O'Brien and Easterby to do major damage to his product. Born of this, he has made small strides in speaking publicaly and leaning on those around him for support.

Cue the rise of Hannah. Beautiful woman. What she sees in Cal (besides the money) is anyone's guess, but she clearly loves her husband. Enough so, that the constant ridicule of Cal has pushed her to stand at his side and take control of our sinking ship. All the decisions as of late are not hers alone, but she has become the backbone and structure upon which Cal is building his foundation. I trust the two of them will steer us in the right direction. All video game playing jokes aside, it is obvious, at least to me, that they care about this team and it's fans.

While we are speculating.....I'll hold off canonizing DeMeco until the end of next season.

Could be the biggest let down since the OB debacle.

I expect nothing positive, keeps me sane. (relatively speaking)

:coffee:

I'm digging the joint interviews with Cal and Hannah, because she's feisty, clearly not a "yes man" to Cal, and is an intelligent, calculating, and high level critical thinker. There are small signs in their interviews where she's got a different perspective than Cal. And she's got that mysterious female intuition that I learned long ago to never underestimate.

If she's part of management, I doubt we ever see the type of BS from the likes of an O'Brien and/or Easterby in the building again.

While we are speculating.....I'll hold off canonizing DeMeco until the end of next season.

I completely understand. I don't do predictions.

That said, I do fully believe that optimism is both warranted and justified.

And frankly, after the past four years, I'm ready to have a positive attitude about the team we follow, because the alternative (in my mind) is total apathy and never thinking about them again. lol

Concerning Hannah McNair: did she see/hear/intuit and step in or is there a person in org that reads the media/voting blocs AKA fans and then feeds info to Janice and her management team? Was Hanna seething on the sidelines when OBrien went power hungry and did she see Easterby tearing team apart and finally get enough? Did she pillow talk Cal baby and say "come on big guy.." or did she go to Mama Cass..er Janice and say "we gotta stop this sinking boat"?

Ok I'll bite what does Hannah and Tammy Faye have in common?

The more I see/hear Hannah, the more I am becoming not only ok with her being heavily involved but actually happy that she has taken the lead.

She's not just a pretty face. Tons of smarts and substance behind those eyes. Hannah is the real deal. I think she's leading Cal around with an invisible choke collar and a cattle prod.

But again...I have no issues with that because Hannah may very well be the one person that saves this god-awful franchise from imploding on itself.
I love that she’s not only pretty but she’s smart, confident, and stern. You can tell that she’s no bs and straight business. That’s what this franchise lacked for decades. The moves that were made after last season tell me she’s more than just the woman behind the man. This is the most I’ve ever seen the franchise engage/interact with the fan base.I better head to another thread now before my wife sees this and wrecks shop on my arse. Bye!

One of the side effects of the Brigade Kool-Aid is hallucinations and visions of sugar plums dancing in your head.

You're all in on Nick. But cautious regarding DeMeco? Huh?

Yes I am. :D

I choose to ignore the haters on here and all their ignorant speculations about Caserio..:smiliepalm:
I think he has done an admirable job considering what he hired into..:tiphat:

Let's wait and see what DeMeco does. He hasn't done squat yet for the Texans.
He will get his props if /when he earns them.
I am not closed minded or anti DeMeco, I just need to be convinced.

I've seen nothing from DeMeco suggesting anything like the dysfunction that defines OB. Teammates, players he's coached, and coaches alike have praised him.
His nickname is Cap, from the earliest stage of his career, not Tea Pot.
I do agree with not canonizing him until he's earned it. That doesn't keep me from being cautiously optimistic about his coaching tenure.

Yes I am. :D

I choose to ignore the haters on here and all their ignorant speculations about Caserio..:smiliepalm:
I think he has done an admirable job considering what he hired into..:tiphat:

Let's wait and see what DeMeco does. He hasn't done squat yet for the Texans.
He will get his props if /when he earns them.
I am not closed minded or anti DeMeco, I just need to be convinced.

Well, it didn’t take much for you to jump on the Caserio train so DeMeco ought to be a cakewalk.

I've seen nothing from DeMeco suggesting anything like the dysfunction that defines OB. Teammates, players he's coached, and coaches alike have praised him.
His nickname is Cap, from the earliest stage of his career, not Tea Pot.
I do agree with not canonizing him until he's earned it. That doesn't keep me from being cautiously optimistic about his coaching tenure.

Teapot is the reason I am taking a wait and see approach.

I was all in with the hiring of teapot. Lesson learned. :foottap:

Teapot is the reason I am taking a wait and see approach.

I was all in with the hiring of teapot. Lesson learned. :foottap:

I wasn't big on the TeaPot hiring but took a cautiously optimistic approach to it. The video of him blowing up at Tom Brady was enough to warn me off of him, but I hoped for the best and got the worst.
I have a good vibe with Caserio and Ryans. I honestly believe Ryans when he says egos will be checked at the door and everyone will work together.

If Caserio gets moved from GM to VP of Football Operations, or is let go, o wonder who the Texans would go after to fill that role? Will it be a SF Executive?

Here’s the Lance z audio on caserio; he’s been hearing it too

NC put this franchise back on the tracks after an absolute train wreck and cleaned up the mess.
Until this roster is set, you have to keep him - he has familiarity with all the staff and his finger on the pulse.
He has not done anything worthy of termination.

The thing about DeMeco is that we know him, he's known to all of us who's paid pretty close attention to the franchise during its brief existence and we know he was the captain of the defense early on after his arrival here in Houston. We know the smile, his easy going manner, his confidence without any arrogance: he's a very likely guy. And we are very comfortable with him and still thankful for his decision to take this job, but of course we are all still in the honeymoon phase of our relationship with DeMeco.
As far as Hannah goes, I dunno could she possibly become the Amy Adams Strunk
of the Houston Texans, another Houstonian who's a very prominent person in an NFL franchise, actually the de facto CEO of the Titans I suppose ?
Have we had a joint Hanna & DEMeco presser yet ?

NC put this franchise back on the tracks after an absolute train wreck and cleaned up the mess.
Until this roster is set, you have to keep him - he has familiarity with all the staff and his finger on the pulse.
There were rumors about Caserio being on the outs after the season. And there was Nick's presser, where he said that if he wasn't wanted by the new coach, he would go.

A lot of that seems like old news. Ryans has been hired, FA has been completed, and the draft is coming up.

I'm not predicting Nick goes anywhere. But it was out there. And some rumors die hard.

It could be something very insignificant. Maybe Nick gets moved up to VP of football operations. He would likely retain the GM duties as well although slight chance they hire a new GM and he's really the man in charge of the whole kit and kaboodle at that point. I could see that if Cal and Hannah want to take a step back and really turn the entire organization over to Nick. If I had to guess - a title change to VP of football ops, and retaining GM role.

I don't under virtually any circumstances see Cal/Hannah firing him. That makes zero sense given current conditions, past statements, etc.

Last edited:
There were rumors about Caserio being on the outs after the season. And there was Nick's presser, where he said that if he wasn't wanted by the new coach, he would go.

A lot of that seems like old news. Ryans has been hired, FA has been completed, and the draft is coming up.

I'm not predicting Nick goes anywhere. But it was out there. And some rumors die hard.
Time for a poll ...😉

It could be something very insignificant. Maybe Nick gets moved up to VP of football operations. He would likely retain the GM duties as well although slight chance they hire a new GM and he's really the man in charge of the whole kit and kaboodle at that point. I could see that if Cal and Hannah want to take a step back and really turn the entire organization over to Nick. If I had to guess - a title change to VP of football ops, and retaining GM role.

I don't under virtually any circumstances see Cal/Hannah firing him. That makes zero sense given current conditions, past statements, etc.
If Demeco wants to do an exorcism on the New England think mentality and bring in his own Shanahan/Lynch type GM, the best time to do so is right after the draft. That makes perfectly good sense. To be honest, Caserio has been the facilitator since he arrived. It was Pep Hamilton who made the call on Mills and Collins, Lovie made the call on Stingley, and George Warhop made the call on Kenyon Green.

I think how much of a "file clerk" Nick is, is unknown. It's speculation based on a few bread crumbs. You can't make an entire sandwich out of some bread crumbs.

But I do think to some extent virtually all GM's carry the water of the HC, scouts, assistants, and owners. It's a leadership position that requires consensus building.

Name a GM that has daily meetings with all the stakeholders from Feb-April, then on draft day says screw all you guys, I like John Doe from Slippery Rock. I'm taking that guy, you better like it, and coach him up, or I'll have your ass dragged out of here. That's not how any reasonable CEO type functions. You can be top-down on some things, but not in hiring practices...which at it's core is what the draft and FA is. That requires consensus building.

You think the CEO of Kroger is out there telling his store managers who to hire as dept heads, checkers, and who to hire to stock the shelves?

His FA signings have been nice(although I don’t know about one and 2 year deals but his drafting has been meh. The first round last year:

-taking a high risk guy like stingley was dumb especially over sauce and looks worse now. Granted he wasn’t in the right scheme for his strengths so let’s see this year what happens
-Kenyon green was one of the worst guards in the nfl last year and they traded down to get him, passing on Jordan Davis and Kyle Hamilton.
-they were in on Garrett wilson, breece hall, and sauce who were all taken by the jets

Now he did get pitre and Pierce which is nice and the jury is out on metchie and Harris.

as far as why he could be gone:

Nick Caserio, Texans
Caserio has been the general manager of the Texans since 2021. Since that time, the team has fired two consecutive coaches after a single year, and has won a combined seven games. While I’m not placing Caserio on the chopping block, here is the reality of the situation: A contract is power in the NFL, and the Texans gave new coach DeMeco Ryans a six-year deal. Ryans has the clout to outlast anyone else in the building right now, including whichever quarterback he may or may not take with the No. 2 pick. This is not breaking news, but my understanding of the Texans’ situation back when they hired David Culley was that they viewed their rebuilding situation as a three-year project. This season would be Year 3 and, theoretically, a time when we should see some legitimate competitiveness. So, if the Texans draft a quarterback, and the quarterback performs well, it would go a long way toward shaping Caserio’s vision and tidying up the narrative he seems to be selling behind the scenes about a roster that is turning the corner. As we mentioned above, a GM never knows which pick is going to help him sink or swim, but being in a position to either draft a generational QB talent or trade that spot away to someone else willing to take the risk is going to be a bold line on the résumé.

Back